PDA

View Full Version : Trump's First 100 Days

Common Sense
11-09-2016, 09:40 AM
Trump's first 100 days in office.

What happens in the first 100 days after January 20th? Make your predictions here.

Does a ban on Muslims entering the country start? Does construction on the wall start? Will Mexico pay for it? Are illegal immigrants going to be rounded up?

Does Trump try to drop out of NAFTA? NATO?

Does the Affordable Care Act get repealed? Replaced with what?

Trump has made a lot of promises and has promised lofty goals with very few specifics on exactly how they would be implemented. What specific steps will he take in the first 100 days?

del
11-09-2016, 09:41 AM
none

he's got the attention span of a fruit fly

Common Sense
11-09-2016, 09:44 AM
I expect this thread will sink into oblivion.

I don't think people care that much about specifics. It's all emotion and soundbites.

Meh...

Safety
11-09-2016, 09:52 AM
It would be very interesting to see if the very ideas that won him the nomination, and now the presidency, will be implemented.

del
11-09-2016, 09:54 AM
i'm looking forward to the money flowing in from mexico for the wall- that will be first right?

then the special prosecutor for hillary, then the immigration ban on muslims.

i don't know about you, but i'm going long on popcorn futures

The Xl
11-09-2016, 09:55 AM
You guys shouldn't be freaked out, despite the media propaganda onslaught. He was overall to the left of Clinton on most ideas, despite running on the Republican ticket.

del
11-09-2016, 09:58 AM
You guys shouldn't be freaked out, despite the media propaganda onslaught. He was overall to the left of Clinton on most ideas, despite running on the Republican ticket.

who's freaked out?

texan
11-09-2016, 10:04 AM

What happens in the first 100 days after January 20th? Make your predictions here.

You see this is what got the short bus party in trouble with the masses:Does a ban on Muslims entering the country start? No one was ever banning Muslims. Does construction on the wall start? Probably not. Will Mexico pay for it? When its built they will pay through tariffs. Are illegal immigrants going to be rounded up? The illegal criminal aliens will be rounded up.

Does Trump try to drop out of NAFTA? NATO? He will attempt to make changes to bad trade deals. He will restructure bad deals.

Does the Affordable Care Act get repealed? Replaced with what? The republicans have an entire plan online that can be viewed. It will be corrected and likely change the name. They will make it so people can keep the insurance. Put it this way it will provided in a way that is more business minded to be sustainable rather than a massive give away project.

Trump has made a lot of promises and has promised lofty goals with very few specifics on exactly how they would be implemented. What specific steps will he take in the first 100 days?.......I don't the order he will do things in the first 100 days. But he will start with cancelling the many executive orders that Obama abused.

I want to know this because its always been confusing to me. Are we going to hold him to his lofty promises made in an election? The reason I asked is because nobody made more lofty promises and did less than Obama. He wasn't held accountable by anyone.

decedent
11-09-2016, 10:06 AM
The house of cards is about to face a gust of wind.

The only way Trump will benefit conservatives is with a SCOTUS nom. Trump will break every single promise he made except that one. It will be glorious seeing his already-angry base turn on him.

Read my lips: when you make promises you can't keep, you end up paying for it. Obamacare will stay; there will be no wall; the 14th Amendment won't be repealed. But the fantasies of the "burning down" of Washington by this outsider will be be quickly destroyed.

Common Sense
11-09-2016, 10:18 AM
.......I don't the order he will do things in the first 100 days. But he will start with cancelling the many executive orders that Obama abused.

I want to know this because its always been confusing to me. Are we going to hold him to his lofty promises made in an election? The reason I asked is because nobody made more lofty promises and did less than Obama. He wasn't held accountable by anyone.
Trump indeed called for a ban on Muslims entering the country.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-pushes-expanded-ban-on-muslims-and-other-foreigners/2016/06/13/c9988e96-317d-11e6-8ff7-7b6c1998b7a0_story.html

Will he implement that plan in the first 100 days?

Beyond cancelling executive orders (which ones?), you offer no real specifics.

Safety
11-09-2016, 10:19 AM

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-pushes-expanded-ban-on-muslims-and-other-foreigners/2016/06/13/c9988e96-317d-11e6-8ff7-7b6c1998b7a0_story.html

It's kinda hard to offer specifics, when the person you are defending never provided any.

resister
11-09-2016, 10:22 AM

The only way Trump will benefit conservatives is with a SCOTUS nom. Trump will break every single promise he made except that one. It will be glorious seeing his already-angry base turn on him.

Read my lips: when you make promises you can't keep, you end up paying for it. Obamacare will stay; there will be no wall; the 14th Amendment won't be repealed. But the fantasies of the "burning down" of Washington by this outsider will be be quickly destroyed.

If you like your doctor you can keep your docter,If you like your insurance,you can keep your insurance.......Sound familiar?

decedent
11-09-2016, 10:32 AM
If you like your doctor you can keep your docter,If you like your insurance,you can keep your insurance.......Sound familiar?

The insurance thing was debunked. You fear facts.

Greedy doctors dropped ACA patients. Obama couldn't force them to keep them. I thought you hated tyranny.

decedent
11-09-2016, 10:33 AM

I'm sure he'll start the Mosque monitoring that he promised tomorrow.

So many promises from his tiny mouth. So many lies that his brown nosers are going to excuse.

decedent
11-09-2016, 10:39 AM

We're not freaked out. We know about his history on abortion, gay rights, etc. He's not nearly as conservative as his fans want him to be. It's going to be a great show, watching the rednecks realized that Trump wasn't their guy who will burn down Washington, deregulate everything, stop illegal immigration, and something about decreasing taxes.

It's both sad and Funny. I mean, I love America and don't look forward to the impending debt, violence, economic inability, and social unrest. But I enjoy the fact that his angry base will get what they deserve.

You can't have a renaissance without a dark age.

Docthehun
11-09-2016, 02:10 PM
.......I don't the order he will do things in the first 100 days. But he will start with cancelling the many executive orders that Obama abused.

Well, if you don't hold him accountable, then a fair portion of his supporters are going to be as screwed tomorrow as they view themselves today.

Docthehun
11-09-2016, 02:14 PM
We're not freaked out. We know about his history on abortion, gay rights, etc. He's not nearly as conservative as his fans want him to be. It's going to be a great show, watching the rednecks realized that Trump wasn't their guy who will burn down Washington, deregulate everything, stop illegal immigration, and something about decreasing taxes.

It's both sad and Funny. I mean, I love America and don't look forward to the impending debt, violence, economic inability, and social unrest. But I enjoy the fact that his angry base will get what they deserve.

You can't have a renaissance without a dark age.

I suspect it won't take long to figure out if we bought gold or snake oil. Personally, I'm not relying on anyone else to do for me what I'm quite capable of doing for myself.

JDubya
11-09-2016, 02:31 PM
Yep.

The Democrats need to appoint as their leader, the Honorable Senator Fil A. Buster.

And his agenda should be, in the words of two prominent Republicans re: President Obama and his agenda....

“.... to do everything — and I mean everything we can do — to kill it, stop it, slow it down, whatever we can.”

“The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President Trump to be a one-term president.”

Time to kick these bastards in the teeth with their own steel-toed boot. Sabotage the economy the way they did, then blame it on them so that in the 2018 midterms, control of Congress will fall back into the hands of the good guys.

No repeal of Obamacare and only work with them if they actually produce a plan to improve it, that will accomplish something on a revolutionary scale.

It's hard ball time, people. We need to demand it.

MRogersNhood
11-09-2016, 02:38 PM
I predict 25% of the things will get started in the first 100 days.

Also other things not mentioned will get started as well
Construction will begin on the wall,or at least 2 cranes will be sent there and sit for a couple months. :rofl:

Trump paid for 2 cranes to sit onsite for like 7 months in my town.Not sure if that ever got built.

The wall will get built.It's already been funded..twice.

JDubya
11-09-2016, 02:47 PM

Construction will begin on the wall,or at least 2 cranes will be sent there and sit for a couple months. :rofl:

Trump paid for 2 cranes to sit onsite for like 7 months in my town.Not sure if that ever got built.

http://s32.postimg.org/f2ud8sctx/dreamon.jpg

MRogersNhood
11-09-2016, 02:52 PM
http://s32.postimg.org/f2ud8sctx/dreamon.jpg

Tell me,what way did your county vote again? Even Hillary was for a fence/wall.

JDubya
11-09-2016, 03:39 PM
Tell me,what way did your county vote again? Even Hillary was for a fence/wall.

None of that stuff he promised is going to happen.

Get used to it.

texan
11-09-2016, 03:52 PM
Trump indeed called for a ban on Muslims entering the country. CS he clarified those remarks

Alright my friend, he said in speeches after this when challenged we had to stop the entries until we repaired our ability to see who they are, and for the record our governmenrt said we couldn't validate identities....Is Trump sometimes inartful the way he speaks? Yes! Get over it........You leave many details out intentially I assume or your point doesnt work.. It doesn't build much trust.

How the can any of us answer that question in detail the day after the election? BTW if he does eliminate all the the EA's it would be a big thing because the lawless Obama passed these after he said he wouldn't and that they were likely unconstitutional. What is your Fing point other than BUTT hurt?

Obama said all legislation would be required to be put online and reviewed for 72 hours before a vote would be taken so everyone had a chance to review and understand what we would be voting on.............Then Obamacare came into play and he broke his promise immediately and never did this once. You weren't in here complaining then...............In fact it was stupid celebration by liberals as they lied to us and that has also been proven now.

What do you want? If its to complain without context go right ahead.

Common Sense
11-09-2016, 03:54 PM
How the can any of us answer that question in detail the day after the election? BTW if he does eliminate all the the EA's it would be a big thing because the lawless Obama passed these after he said he wouldn't and that they were likely unconstitutional. What is your Fing point other than BUTT hurt?

Obama said all legislation would be required to be put online and reviewed for 72 hours before a vote would be taken so everyone had a chance to review and understand what we would be voting on.............Then Obamacare came into play and he broke his promise immediately and never did this once. You weren't in here complaining then...............In fact it was stupid celebration by liberals as they lied to us and that has also been proven now.

What do you want? If its to complain without context go right ahead.
I simply would like some details rather than the broad promises I've heard.

DGUtley
11-09-2016, 03:59 PM
The only way Trump will benefit conservatives is with a SCOTUS nom.

That's enough for this conservative. I said many many times: If for no other reason than to preserve the court, Trump 2016.

DGUtley
11-09-2016, 04:00 PM
None of that stuff he promised is going to happen. Get used to it.

Gracious in defeat. As always.

Common Sense
11-09-2016, 04:00 PM
That's enough for this conservative. I said many many times: If for no other reason than to preserve the court, Trump 2016.
I think some of you might be disappointed with his selection. Trump is more of a populist than a conservative.

MRogersNhood
11-09-2016, 04:03 PM
I simply would like some details rather than the broad promises I've heard.

None of that stuff he promised is going to happen.

Get used to it.
Need some of this?
http://www.healthsnap.ca/image/cache/data/products/preparation-h-suppositories-24-suppositories-600x600.jpg

texan
11-09-2016, 04:04 PM
BTW I said this in March of 2015 and argued this all the way through the process. Hillary Clinton is a bad candidate. She got outworked and exposed. In addition, the DNC got what they asked for by anointing someone rather than running a fair process. You democrats know this is true! To boot they were aided by press members with questions and plants etc........Anyone one with any character would have refused the information on the questions.

This is appalling to most people.

BTW I am not and will not be disappointed by Trump. The establishment can kiss my A$$!!

Common Sense
11-09-2016, 04:04 PM
Need some of this?
http://www.healthsnap.ca/image/cache/data/products/preparation-h-suppositories-24-suppositories-600x600.jpg

Is that a specific of Trump's plans?

If not, then no.

DGUtley
11-09-2016, 04:05 PM
I think some of you might be disappointed with his selection. Trump is more of a populist than a conservative.

I've been disappointed a lot in my life; but to do that he'd have to stray from his list. Could happen, though.

MRogersNhood
11-09-2016, 04:07 PM
Is that a specific of Trump's plans?

If not, then no.

Does Toronto still have a Crackhead for a mayor or no?

Common Sense
11-09-2016, 04:07 PM
Does Toronto still have a Crackhead for a mayor or no?
He lost a reelection bid and died of cancer.

What does that have to do with this?

MRogersNhood
11-09-2016, 04:09 PM
He lost a reelection bid and died of cancer.

What does that have to do with this?

That shows you how much I know or care about your country's politics.

You ain't got no dog in this hunt.

Common Sense
11-09-2016, 04:10 PM
That shows you how much I know or care about your country's politics.
Ignorance is bliss I guess.

You rarely see people boasting about ignorance...but it's a new world I guess.

MRogersNhood
11-09-2016, 04:11 PM
Ignorance is bliss I guess.
Until Canucks try to overthrow America,I think I'll be OK.

Their blood would literally boil before they got to me anyway. :rofl:
Wasn't Canada founded by largely Loyalists? Yah. 'Nuff said.

Knowing that makes it easier to understand your mindset.

Common Sense
11-09-2016, 04:18 PM
Until Canucks try to overthrow America,I think I'll be OK.

Their blood would literally boil before they got to me anyway. :rofl:
Wasn't Canada founded by largely Loyalists? Yah. 'Nuff said.

Knowing that makes it easier to understand your mindset.

Stay ignorant. It suits you.

MRogersNhood
11-09-2016, 04:20 PM
Herp Derp.

Common Sense
11-09-2016, 04:22 PM
Herp Derp.

Indeed.

MRogersNhood
11-09-2016, 04:23 PM
Indeed.
:blahblah:

Common Sense
11-09-2016, 04:25 PM
:blahblah:

Hey look, your own emoji!

texan
11-09-2016, 04:35 PM

Every single promise except SCOTUS? Are we a little emotional? Butt hurt a wittle?

ripmeister
11-09-2016, 04:43 PM

Actually if you take the time to go to one of the fact check sites, I think Politifact or Factcheck they have a running tally of promises made, promises fulfilled, promises not fulfilled etc for the POTUS. Obama actually does pretty well.

ripmeister
11-09-2016, 04:53 PM
I understood your single policy position on this and felt it had merit as an argument even though I didn't agree with it. However, throwing your support behind Trump and voting for him means you own all of it. I hope I'm wrong about this guy and his quite apparent instability. Only time will tell.

Along the lines of what Tex has brought up do you think that Trump in his rescinding of all of Obamas executive orders will rescind as well the concept of the use of expanded executive order authority that the POTUS has received over the past several decades? I seem to remember you having an issue with that broad principle as well.

ripmeister
11-09-2016, 04:56 PM
Indeed.

"I love the uneducated", Trump

JDubya
11-09-2016, 05:43 PM

Meet Senator Fil A. Buster.

Get used to him showing up every time Donnie the Commie nominates some hard core rightie.

JDubya
11-09-2016, 05:45 PM
Nothing ungracious about that comment and certainly not as ungracious as you and your right-wing buddies are 99% of the time, DGUtley.

Chris
11-09-2016, 06:16 PM
Here's what Trump promises to do first day, start first day and fight for first 100 days: http://www.npr.org/2016/11/09/501451368/here-is-what-donald-trump-wants-to-do-in-his-first-100-days

decedent
11-09-2016, 09:43 PM

On whose dime? Did Mexico cut a check already? Maybe a special wall tax should be implemented. But no, Donald said he would reduce taxes, so that would be silly.

Where is this fund?

MRogersNhood
11-09-2016, 09:46 PM
On whose dime? Did Mexico cut a check already? Maybe a special wall tax should be implemented. But no, Donald said he would reduce taxes, so that would be silly.

Where is this fund?

The American taxpayers and Congress already raided it twice.True story.

The wall could be built with 1/2 of the foreign aid money sent overseas to countries that hate us.

JDubya
11-09-2016, 10:16 PM
Trump will be a much more humble man after about a year in the job if he even makes it that long.

He will age ten years in two.

But honestly, I'm more worried about a President Pence than I am about Trump. Trump just made a bunch of right-wing noise to get elected. Pence is an actual wingnut fundie ideologue who has buddies in the Senate. It is because of him waiting in the wings that I hope Trump stays healthy and out of prison.

Crepitus
11-09-2016, 10:25 PM

He ain't all there is he.

Crepitus
11-09-2016, 10:35 PM
Here's what Trump promises to do first day, start first day and fight for first 100 days: http://www.npr.org/2016/11/09/501451368/here-is-what-donald-trump-wants-to-do-in-his-first-100-days

The first ten items I can get behind.

Goes downhill pretty fast after that.

del
11-09-2016, 10:44 PM
The American taxpayers and Congress already raided it twice.True story.

The wall could be built with 1/2 of the foreign aid money sent overseas to countries that hate us.

mexico supplies the money we use for foreign aid?

i had no idea.

you're just a bundle o' facts, aren't you?

MRogersNhood
11-09-2016, 10:48 PM
mexico supplies the money we use for foreign aid?

i had no idea.

you're just a bundle o' facts, aren't you?

Fitting Avatar for you.That Mexico stuff might be a promise he can't keep.

MRogersNhood
11-09-2016, 10:49 PM
Trump will be a much more humble man after about a year in the job if he even makes it that long.

But honestly, I'm more worried about a President Pence than I am about Trump. Trump just made a bunch of right-wing noise to get elected. Pence is an actual wingnut fundie ideologue who has buddies in the Senate. It is because of him waiting in the wings that I hope Trump stays healthy and out of prison.

I was just thinking that this morning.Trump is probably pretty safe! Great pick for VP! :rofl:

del
11-09-2016, 10:50 PM
Fitting Avatar for you.That Mexico stuff might be a promise he can't keep.

no way!

he's going to make america great

TrueBlue
11-09-2016, 11:00 PM

Does a ban on Muslims entering the country start? Does construction on the wall start? Will Mexico pay for it? Are illegal immigrants going to be rounded up?

Does Trump try to drop out of NAFTA? NATO?

Does the Affordable Care Act get repealed? Replaced with what?

Trump has made a lot of promises and has promised lofty goals with very few specifics on exactly how they would be implemented. What specific steps will he take in the first 100 days?
Exactly! How would he do all that? It sounds great to make all those promises but just read ALL he says he would do in just ONE (1) day! Simply incredible and pretty tall orders! But lets watch to see if he actually does it or he's just talking through both sides of his mouth.

What President-Elect Donald Trump Has Pledged to Do in His First 100 Days
By Adam Kelsey

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/president-elect-donald-trump-pledged-100-days/story?id=43424814

"Laying out the aims of his administration, Trump said he will “repeal and replace ‘Obamacare,’” “immediately suspend the admission of Syrian refugees,” “order a review of every single regulation issued over the last eight years,” “begin lifting all regulations that are hurting our workers and our businesses,” “terminate every single unconstitutional executive order signed by President Obama,” “restore the rule of law to our land,” “begin implementing plans for construction of a wall along our southern border” and “get rid of” international gangs of thugs and drug cartels — all on his first day."

"In the subsequent 99 days, Trump has promised to “drain the swamp” — the campaign’s term for rooting out corruption in Washington. A major pledge of his is a “constitutional amendment to impose term limits on all members of Congress.” Representatives and senators may currently serve an unlimited number of two- and six-year terms, respectively."

"Additionally, Trump has proposed a law barring government officials from lobbying the government within five years of their service and prohibiting lobbying by those officials on behalf of foreign governments. He also said he will institute a hiring freeze in order to reduce the size of the federal government. Campaign finance reform would take the form of forbidding foreign lobbyists to raise money on behalf of campaigns in the U.S."

ripmeister
11-09-2016, 11:24 PM

agreed

MRogersNhood
11-09-2016, 11:37 PM
no way!

he's going to make america great

You missed the point of again.You see,people that are a little older remember how America was and see how it is now.

Not too many 16-year olds are buying their own car with their own money that they earned these days is one thing that's changed.I bought 3 I think when I was 16.All junkers of course,that's why it was 3.

I liked the motorcycle better.Paid or traded for all of it with my own money.

del
11-09-2016, 11:46 PM
You missed the point of again.You see,people that are a little older remember how America was and see how it is now.

Not too many 16-year olds are buying their own car with their own money that they earned these days is one thing that's changed.I bought 3 I think when I was 16.All junkers of course,that's why it was 3.

I liked the motorcycle better.Paid or traded for all of it with my own money.

so you define greatness by the abiity to buy a junk car?

why am i not surprised

MRogersNhood
11-09-2016, 11:50 PM
so you define greatness by the abiity to buy a junk car?

why am i not surprised Whoosh! Right over your head!
I'm guessing 16 wasn't very long ago for you.

Tahuyaman
11-10-2016, 12:07 AM
I believe his first priority will be lowering the corporate tax rate and begin getting the economy growing at twice the rate as today.

Docthehun
11-10-2016, 05:51 AM

Rumor has it that both Mexico and Canada have started on their own versions of "The Wall" and will send us a bill when done. Both are said to be about 60 feet tall, built of stone and concrete, wide enough at the top so that hundreds of years from now people will be able to travel and enjoy these national treasures that kept Americans from entering their respective countries. The Great Wall of Mexico is expected to be completed later next year, followed soon by The Great Wall of Canada.

Not to be outdone, the President-elect announced that American would be building two, even taller and more impressive walls, The Trump Pacific and Trump Atlantic Walls. China has agreed to provide engineering expertise. Who'll pay for the east and west walls remains unclear, but the future President says he expects that "many, many countries around the world will gladly pay for them to keep Americans in their home country."

Bethere
11-10-2016, 06:27 AM
Rumor has it that both Mexico and Canada have started on their own versions of "The Wall" and will send us a bill when done. Both are said to be about 60 feet tall, built of stone and concrete, wide enough at the top so that hundreds of years from now people will be able to travel and enjoy these national treasures that kept Americans from entering their respective countries. The Great Wall of Mexico is expected to be completed later next year, followed soon by The Great Wall of Canada.

Not to be outdone, the President-elect announced that American would be building two, even taller and more impressive walls, The Trump Pacific and Trump Atlantic Walls. China has agreed to provide engineering expertise. Who'll pay for the east and west walls remains unclear, but the future President says he expects that "many, many countries around the world will gladly pay for them to keep Americans in their home country."
Of course the rio Grande river represents the entire Texas border with Mexico.

which side of the river gets the wall?
Which country would give up access to the river?

why have I never heard anyone ask trump this question?

If you want bigtime entertainment ask @FindersKeepers (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=1881) this question. Her response has been to build a wall in the middle of the rio Grande 1000 miles long.

seriously. Ask her.

FindersKeepers
11-10-2016, 06:30 AM
If you want bigtime entertainment ask @FindersKeepers (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=1881) this question. Her response has been to build a wall in the middle of the rio Grande 1000 miles long.

seriously. Ask her.

Ah -- you of tall tales...

Knickers in a bunch this morning?

Bethere
11-10-2016, 06:31 AM
Ah -- you of tall tales...

Knickers in a bunch this morning?
Tall tales? Has your answer changed? If so, how?

list it below.

THANKS.

last time you went to great lengths to inform me of how easy it is to set concrete under water.

Good times.

Check it out Docthehun!

FindersKeepers
11-10-2016, 06:37 AM
Tall tales? Has your answer changed? If so, how?

list it below.

THANKS.

last time you went to great lengths to inform me of how easy it is to set concrete under water.

Good times.

Check it out @Docthehun (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=1986)!

I sense that your loss in the political world has caused you to create false narratives. We once talked about how a bridge could CROSS a river -- not how it could be constructed 1000 miles down the center of a river.

I see now that we might have been on a topic too strenuous for you to comprehend.

As many are.

LOL

Docthehun
11-10-2016, 07:30 AM
Stop it you two. Mexico is building the wall, it's their problem. Ford has agreed to provide a fleet of trucks to transport construction materials and Carrier is providing air conditioned living quarters for workers. All is well.

Great Times!

Oh yea, "Show me a thirty foot wall and I'll show you a thirty-two foot ladder." New sport - In the spirit of pumpkin launching, migrant launching will become a pro sport and Roger Goodell will run the program.

MRogersNhood
11-10-2016, 10:10 AM

In all seriousness,there should be a fence on that Northern Border.You know that's how the 9/11 came in,right?
Also;Many illegals come in from Canada.

Docthehun
11-10-2016, 10:21 AM
In all seriousness,there should be a fence on that Northern Border.You know that's how the 9/11 came in,right?
Also;Many illegals come in from Canada.

You recognize of course that the American/Canadian border is the longest border between two countries in the entire world and my guess is it would be one more thing on our tab.

Oh yea, let's not forget about the Great Lakes. Engineering marvel opportunities.

Common Sense
11-10-2016, 10:39 AM
You recognize of course that the American/Canadian border is the longest border between two countries in the entire world and my guess is it would be one more thing on our tab.

Oh yea, let's not forget about the Great Lakes. Engineering marvel opportunities.
Not to mention the 9/11 high jackers didn't come from Canada.

MRogersNhood
11-10-2016, 10:50 AM
Not to mention the 9/11 high jackers didn't come from Canada.
That depends on what you consider "From Canada"

Were they Canadian? No.Oh! but maybe some were.
Did they cross the border into the US from Canada? Yes they did.

Common Sense
11-10-2016, 10:57 AM

Were they Canadian? No.

No, that's a myth.

http://cis.org/kephart/NapalitanosMistakes

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/another-u-s-politician-says-911-terrorists-came-from-canada

MRogersNhood
11-10-2016, 11:05 AM
No, that's a myth.

http://cis.org/kephart/NapalitanosMistakes

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/another-u-s-politician-says-911-terrorists-came-from-canada

I'll have to concede there.

Maybe not,your 1st link is dead,and the second simply says Canadian Ambassador denies it.

Just because he denies it does not make it not so.
Then there's this: http://global-economics.ca/911hijackers.htm

Green Arrow
11-10-2016, 11:14 AM
Lots of redecorating. That's probably about it.

Bethere
11-10-2016, 11:21 AM
I sense that your loss in the political world has caused you to create false narratives. We once talked about how a bridge could CROSS a river -- not how it could be constructed 1000 miles down the center of a river.

I see now that we might have been on a topic too strenuous for you to comprehend.

As many are.

LOL
Such a dishonest answer! A wall across the river would stop no one.

Subdermal
11-10-2016, 11:24 AM
Meet Senator Fil A. Buster.
Get used to him showing up every time Donnie the Commie nominates some hard core rightie.

:biglaugh:

A 'commie' is going to nominate a 'hard-core rightie'?

:biglaugh:

So many leftists. So many utterly detached from reality.

Common Sense
11-10-2016, 11:25 AM
I'll have to concede there.

Maybe not,your 1st link is dead,and the second simply says Canadian Ambassador denies it.

Just because he denies it does not make it not so.
Then there's this: http://global-economics.ca/911hijackers.htm

Yeah, that looks credible.

The fact is, the 9/11 terrorists didn't come from Canada. Canadians emergency workers drove down to the US to help after 9/11. Canadian families opened up their homes to stranded Americans when all flights were grounded.

You'd be more credible if you dealt in facts instead of conspiracy theories and myths.

Docthehun
11-10-2016, 11:26 AM

Were they Canadian? No.Oh! but maybe some were.

And took flight lessons right here under our collective noses.

MRogersNhood
11-10-2016, 12:27 PM
Yeah, that looks credible.

The fact is, the 9/11 terrorists didn't come from Canada. Canadians emergency workers drove down to the US to help after 9/11. Canadian families opened up their homes to stranded Americans when all flights were grounded.

You'd be more credible if you dealt in facts instead of conspiracy theories and myths.

It's about as credible as your 1st nonexistent link and your 2nd stating the Canadian Ambassador's opinion yet is entirely devoid of facts.

FindersKeepers
11-10-2016, 01:56 PM
Such a dishonest answer! A wall across the river would stop no one.

Such a dishonest thing to portray, since I've never been a proponent of a physical wall. I just corrected your misconceptions about how one could be constructed ACROSS a river. I'm not sure if reading comprehension is a weak area for you -- or if you deliberately twist others words when you feel backed in a corner.

Bethere
11-10-2016, 02:10 PM
Such a dishonest thing to portray, since I've never been a proponent of a physical wall. I just corrected your misconceptions about how one could be constructed ACROSS a river. I'm not sure if reading comprehension is a weak area for you -- or if you deliberately twist others words when you feel backed in a corner.

You don't like getting busted do you?
A wall crossing a river is a bridge. There are millions of bridges. We've known how to construct them for millennia.
You are a dishonest debate partner.
Good times.

FindersKeepers
11-10-2016, 02:23 PM
You don't like getting busted do you?
A wall crossing a river is a bridge. There are millions of bridges. We've known how to construct them for millennia.

Good times.

Busted? Busted doing what? LOL

Either your memory is lacking, which I'm prone to think it probably is, or you're in such a tiff over your candidate losing that you're just going to continue digging yourself a bigger hole.

You're certainly welcome to dig back through the archives to find where I either advocated a physical wall, or said it'd be feasible to build a wall running the entire span of the Rio Grande river. You won't find it. Know why? It doesn't exist.

That doesn't mean you didn't misunderstand the conversation. I find that a lot of conversations sail right over your head. But, ye of little architectural knowledge once asked how a wall could cross a river, and, because I take pity on the less fortunate, I helped you out.

They have a saying that describes folks like you in Texas. All hat -- no cattle.

Bethere
11-10-2016, 02:29 PM
Busted? Busted doing what? LOL Either your memory is lacking, which I'm prone to think it probably is, or you're in such a tiff over your candidate losing that you're just going to continue digging yourself a bigger hole.You're certainly welcome to dig back through the archives to find where I either advocated a physical wall, or said it'd be feasible to build a wall running the entire span of the Rio Grande river. You won't find it. Know why? It doesn't exist.That doesn't mean you didn't misunderstand the conversation. I find that a lot of conversations sail right over your head. But, ye of little architectural knowledge once asked how a wall could cross a river, and, because I take pity on the less fortunate, I helped you out. They have a saying that describes folks like you in Texas. All hat -- no cattle.Why would I ask how to build a wall across a river? I have a major dam a couple of miles from my house. I have a bridge that crosses the stillwater river right by my house.We've been building bridges and dams for thousands of years. Even rodents like beavers know how. Nor did we talk about building a wall the entire span of the rio Grande. We instead talked of building a wall the entire length of the rio Grande because that is what trump has promised with his border wall.And you advocated building it right down the middle. Good times.You are obfuscating. You are a dishonest debate partner.

Captain Obvious
11-10-2016, 02:31 PM
Good times

Cigar
11-10-2016, 02:31 PM
First 100 Days ... Vacation in Hiding :laugh:

Common Sense
11-10-2016, 02:32 PM
http://i.ebayimg.com/00/$(KGrHqF,!lUE3HoY9,KJBN5D97Z0JQ~~0_35.JPG?set_id=8 80000500F

FindersKeepers
11-10-2016, 02:34 PM
Why would I ask how to build a wall across a river? I have a major dam a couple of miles from my house. I have a bridge that crosses the stillwater river right by my house.

You are obfuscating. You are a dishonest debate partner.

Gawd only knows why you asked. Having a dam near your house isn't exactly an indicator that you understand construction principles. I live a couple of miles away from a company that manufacturers military drones but that doesn't automatically qualify as a drone expert.

There's a reason why you haven't provided the old posts.

Isn't there?

Come on. Belly up to the bar and put your money where your mouth is. You're awfully good at making accusations but you're noticeably absent when it comes time to back them up.

I'll be waiting....

Captain Obvious
11-10-2016, 02:36 PM
I hope he starts more riots.

Where's those BLM idiots lately?

Bethere
11-10-2016, 02:41 PM
Gawd only knows why you asked. Having a dam near your house isn't exactly an indicator that you understand construction principles. I live a couple of miles away from a company that manufacturers military drones but that doesn't automatically qualify as a drone expert.

There's a reason why you haven't provided the old posts.

Isn't there?

Come on. Belly up to the bar and put your money where your mouth is. You're awfully good at making accusations but you're noticeably absent when it comes time to back them up.

I'll be waiting....

No, thank you.

I don't play fetch for dishonest debate partners.

FindersKeepers
11-10-2016, 02:43 PM
no, thank you.

I don't play fetch for dishonest debate partners.

lol