PDA

View Full Version : Warning: Republicans lose presidential popular vote for 6th of last 7 times.

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Bethere
11-09-2016, 10:25 AM
It's a fact. Hillary got more votes last night.

Instead of tapping into a revolution, trump got the same 60 million votes republicans always get.

Bush got 62 million votes in 2004.

McCain got 60 million votes in 2008.

Romney got 61 million votes in 2012.

Trump will have around 60 million when all said and done this year.

And not once did the Republican nominee get the most votes.

So it wasn't about brexit, or nationalism, or borders, or obamacare, or email.

It was the same old same old.

It's what the gop does. It's all it can do.

exploited
11-09-2016, 10:27 AM
The DNC has nobody to blame but themselves.

Look at the battleground states that Clinton lost - Sanders would have wiped the floor with Trump.

I'm just ashamed to see it come to this.

Cletus
11-09-2016, 10:28 AM
It is called "winning".

Now, it is time for you clowns to step aside and let the adults try to unfuck the mess you made over the last 8 years.

exploited
11-09-2016, 10:29 AM
It is called "winning".

Now, it is time for you clowns to step aside and let the adults try to un$#@! the mess you made over the last 8 years.

Congratulations on your win.

Enjoy it. It will be an interesting four years.

Subdermal
11-09-2016, 10:29 AM

Instead of tapping into a revolution, trump got the same 60 million votes republicans always get.

Yep. She won the popular vote by "millions".

:biglaugh:

You're as good at math as you are at politics. See ya, WereThere.

Bethere
11-09-2016, 10:30 AM

Look at the battleground states that Clinton lost - Sanders would have wiped the floor with Trump.

It's not quite as simple as that, but yeah we have no one to blame but ourselves, the kgb, and perhaps jim comey.

Bethere
11-09-2016, 10:32 AM

I am good at politics. My clients won last night.

Please make a note of it.

exploited
11-09-2016, 10:33 AM
It's not quite as simple as that, but yeah we have no one to blame but ourselves, the kgb, and perhaps jim comey.

I agree it is complex. But Clinton has always been a very poor candidate. I am very surprised that Trump won but would not have been surprised if any other GOP nominee beat her. What I really wish could have happened is the DNC gave Sanders a fair shake. Because he could be President Elect right now.

Subdermal
11-09-2016, 10:34 AM
Whatever you say, Nate Pewter.

HoneyBadger
11-09-2016, 10:37 AM

So? She lost Florida, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Iowa and Michigan.

That's a catastrophic hit to the Democratic party.

Bethere
11-09-2016, 10:39 AM

Trump put up the lowest presidential vote total of the 21st century for a major party candidate.

Without gerimandering and the electoral college the gop is nothing.

https://www.google.com/search?q=21st+century+started+what+date&oq=21st+century+started&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j0l2.12619j0j4&client=tablet-android-samsung&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

Safety
11-09-2016, 10:39 AM

Stop altering member's names and name calling in general

Mister D
11-09-2016, 10:40 AM

Be dignified.

DGUtley
11-09-2016, 10:40 AM
Republicans win Presidency for 6th out of last 10 elections?

80 - Reagan
84 - Reagan
88 - Bush
92 - Clinton
96 - Clinton
00 - Bush
04 - Bush
08 - Obama
12 - Obama
16 - Trump

Republicans are batting 600 in my adult lifetime. That would get them in the hall of fame.

Mister D
11-09-2016, 10:41 AM

I'm good at politics. lol

Bethere
11-09-2016, 10:48 AM
Be dignified.
I have been.

Bethere
11-09-2016, 10:50 AM
Republicans win Presidency for 6th out of last 10 elections?

80 - Reagan
84 - Reagan
88 - Bush
92 - Clinton
96 - Clinton
00 - Bush
04 - Bush
08 - Obama
12 - Obama
16 - Trump

Republicans are batting 600 in my adult lifetime. That would get them in the hall of fame.

The demographics are catching up with the gop.

The end is inevitable.

Bethere
11-09-2016, 10:51 AM
I'm good at politics. lol

It puts food on my table.

Mister D
11-09-2016, 10:52 AM
It puts food on my table.
Enjoy your crow. :laugh:

Mister D
11-09-2016, 10:53 AM

The end is inevitable.

And keep telling white people how stupid and racist they are. Thanks! :laugh:

Mister D
11-09-2016, 10:53 AM
I have been.

Yeah, that explains this thread lol

Bethere
11-09-2016, 10:54 AM
Enjoy your crow. :laugh:
Trump put up the lowest presidential vote total of the 21st century for a major party candidate.

Bethere
11-09-2016, 10:55 AM

Where did I do that? Certainty not in this thread.

Calling me out across threads is frowned upon by the rules of this forum.

"Harassment, or the persistent targeting of a member across threads, will not be tolerated."

I said I was embarrassed of being a white man months ago in another thread. You and others like you--common and random are examples-- have targeted me ever since.

Maybe you should consider being dignified instead.

Mister D
11-09-2016, 10:56 AM

But he won 100% of the Presidency. Oh well. :laugh:

Mister D
11-09-2016, 11:03 AM
Where did I do that? Certainty not in this thread.

Calling me out across threads is frowned upon by the rules of this forum.

"Harassment, or the persistent targeting of a member across threads, will not be tolerated."

I said I was embarrassed of being a white man months ago in another thread. You and others like you--common and random are examples-- have targeted me ever since.

Asks where he disparaged whites then reiterates that he's embarrassed to be a white man. You really can't make this shit up. No wonder they lost to Trump.

Cigar
11-09-2016, 11:09 AM
Neither was Popular ... one is an Adult and The other a Child

Mister D
11-09-2016, 11:11 AM
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/66/97/55/6697554e36ba659f57592887fc15f080.jpg

Bethere
11-09-2016, 11:14 AM

But I've made it clear that he didn't tap into any groundswell of anything. He just got the 60 million votes the Republican party candidate always gets.

if you understand that point now, then you know more than everyone on tv does.

Cigar
11-09-2016, 11:15 AM
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/66/97/55/6697554e36ba659f57592887fc15f080.jpg

Cute Baby, is that the Brother you where never told about :laugh:

Bethere
11-09-2016, 11:16 AM

Is there something wrong with black children?

See why I am embarrassed by my fellow white man?

Chris
11-09-2016, 11:16 AM

How soon people forget it's about electoral votes.

Last night was interesting on that score, I'm now reminded. As Clinton was sinking, Trump rising, CNN was starting to focus on voting districts in states that didn't follow winner-take-all.

Mister D
11-09-2016, 11:17 AM
But I've made it clear that he didn't tap into any groundswell of anything. He just got the 60 million votes the Republican party candidate always gets.

if you understand that point now, then you know more than everyone on tv does.

That's nice. Can you say President Trump? :laugh:

Chris
11-09-2016, 11:17 AM

Which was which? So hard to tell.

Mister D
11-09-2016, 11:18 AM
Is there something wrong with black children?

See why I am embarrassed by my fellow white man?

Not really. lol

Bethere
11-09-2016, 11:19 AM
Not really. lol
Exactly.

Mister D
Exactly.
OK.

valley ranch
Ours is a Representative Republic. California with it giant population with its 55 reps and New York can't elect the president of their choice. The rest of the states get a say. Long live the Republic!

Mister D
11-09-2016, 11:24 AM
How soon people forget it's about electoral votes.

Last night was interesting on that score, I'm now reminded. As Clinton was sinking, Trump rising, CNN was starting to focus on voting districts in states that didn't follow winner-take-all.
I watched Fox for the most part. Charles Krauthammer reminded me of why I left the GOP.

Chris
11-09-2016, 11:27 AM
I watched Fox for the most part. Charles Krauthammer reminded me of why I left the GOP.

I turned Fox on for a few minutes. I've watched CNN from primaries and knew all the hosts and talking heads. It was fun to see them eat words and crow.

Subdermal
11-09-2016, 11:27 AM
OP ignores the amount of 'never Trump' GOP voters (I call them idiots; people like Charlie Sykes, George Will and Charles Krauthammer) whose votes were wiped away from OTHERS who voted for Trump.

Voters who - quite possibly - have not voted for a Republican before. People who gave up on the system because they believed it was rigged, and others, who have been historical victims of the system, and reversed course.

And those people maintained the GOP's historical vote total. And what will happen if Trump wins over 'never-Trump' GOP voters, and increase his draw of those who had given up on the system, as well as increase his appeal to disenfranchised DEM voters?

Be afraid, OP: keep failing in analysis. I'm sure your clients will continue to pay well for your failures.

Mister D
11-09-2016, 11:30 AM
I turned Fox on for a few minutes. I've watched CNN from primaries and knew all the hosts and talking heads. It was fun to see them eat words and crow.
I really wanted to sleep but once he started winning I was hooked. I haven't watched more than a few minutes of news in a long time.

nathanbforrest45
11-09-2016, 11:31 AM
Once again we are a witness to the total lack of understanding of the concept of a Representative Republic. We, the people, do not elect the president. As the Constitution was originally framed only the House of Representatives was elected by direct vote of the people. The President of the United States is elected by the Electoral College and in fact is elected by the States. So, every President since George Washington could have lost the popular vote but still taken the White House and it would have been as the Framers envisioned.

It would be nice if sometimes these Nanny Staters would actually understand the foundations of this great country. But I hold out no hope.

Bethere
11-09-2016, 11:40 AM
Once again we are a witness to the total lack of understanding of the concept of a Representative Republic. We, the people, do not elect the president. As the Constitution was originally framed only the House of Representatives was elected by direct vote of the people. The President of the United States is elected by the Electoral College and in fact is elected by the States. So, every President since George Washington could have lost the popular vote but still taken the White House and it would have been as the Framers envisioned.

It would be nice if sometimes these Nanny Staters would actually understand the foundations of this great country. But I hold out no hope.

It's hard for you guys to make the case that you are the majority when you never win a majority of the votes.

Hell, you don't even do that in Congress. We got a majority of congressional votes in 2012, 48% of the votes in 2014, and we probably had a majority last night.

Chris
11-09-2016, 11:43 AM
I really wanted to sleep but once he started winning I was hooked. I haven't watched more than a few minutes of news in a long time.

Same here, and last night will be the last time in a long time...except for natural and unnatural disasters, like this election.

Chris
11-09-2016, 11:45 AM
It's hard for you guys to make the case that you are the majority when you never win a majority of the votes.

Hell, you don't even do that in Congress. We got a majority of congressional votes in 2012, 48% of the votes in 2014, and we probably had a majority last night.

It's too late to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat.

JDubya
11-09-2016, 11:52 AM

Doubtful.

Sanders would not have won Florida or North Carolina and probably not Pennsylvania either.

Black voters would not have even come out for him even to the limited extent they came out for Hillary, and probably not Hispanic voters either.

Bethere
11-09-2016, 11:56 AM
It's too late to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat.

At least I played.

You didn't even vote.

What do you call a system like ours where the majority is ruled continually by the minority?

Mister D
11-09-2016, 11:58 AM
Same here, and last night will be the last time in a long time...except for natural and unnatural disasters, like this election.

Come to think of it I haven't spent a morning here in a long time either.

GrassrootsConservative
11-09-2016, 11:59 AM

So far they both are on track to have about 60 million popular votes. Neither one of them as any kind of a mandate by popular vote.

Mister D
11-09-2016, 12:01 PM
Doubtful.

Sanders would not have won Florida or North Carolina and probably not Pennsylvania either.

Black voters would not have even come out for him even to the limited extent they came out for Hillary, and probably not Hispanic voters either.
I tend to agree. I don't think that's rational of blacks or Hispanics but I think you're probably right.

Mister D
11-09-2016, 12:02 PM

If so, that's about all you won last night. :laugh:

Don
11-09-2016, 12:10 PM
About 191,000 votes. That number might go down after all the votes are counted. Considering how many dead people, felons, illegal aliens and others may have voted, Trump probably did win the popular. None of that matters though because we use the electoral system as set forth in our constitution. After all, our system of government is a republic, not a democracy. Thank God! Lets hope and pray we can keep it.

Bethere
11-09-2016, 03:49 PM
About 191,000 votes. That number might go down after all the votes are counted. Considering how many dead people, felons, illegal aliens and others may have voted, Trump probably did win the popular. None of that matters though because we use the electoral system as set forth in our constitution. After all, our system of government is a republic, not a democracy. Thank God! Lets hope and pray we can keep it.

Look for renewed interest in the popular vote project.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.nationalpopularvote.com/written-explanation&ved=0ahUKEwjkpaiIxpzQAhXHQSYKHZ-TBuAQFggnMAE&usg=AFQjCNFWeGm0Cuo5i8Zh5lifWVW8qEhM-w

Bethere
11-09-2016, 03:49 PM
If so, that's about all you won last night. :laugh:

My clients won last night.

HoneyBadger
11-09-2016, 08:37 PM

The end is inevitable.

I've been hearing that for the last two decades. Meanwhile, the Republicans have been quietly seizing control of State government.

http://legalinsurrection.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/ALEC-State-Legislatures-2016-Election-Map-cropped-w-border-e1478733422934-620x437.png

HoneyBadger
11-09-2016, 08:43 PM

The left is heavily invested in creating groups. You have women, Blacks, Asians, Hispanics, LGBT. And they are all told they're being oppressed by the evil white man. They've been so busy beating down the white patriarchy and giving a voice to the oppressed that they missed the part where those same white men, just ordinary Americans, found their own voice and told the democrats to fuck off. Y'all weren't supposed to do that. You were supposed to stay beaten down and subjugated by the progressives.

Bethere
11-10-2016, 04:47 AM
I've been hearing that for the last two decades. Meanwhile, the Republicans have been quietly seizing control of State government.

http://legalinsurrection.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/ALEC-State-Legislatures-2016-Election-Map-cropped-w-border-e1478733422934-620x437.png

Gerimandering is a two edged sword. Every time you do it your margin gets smaller. One party gets sll of its people crammed into singular districts. The other party spreads out and experiences smaller margins.

Here in Ohio, dem districts are engineered by the opposition to perform at phenomenal 80% clips. Gop districts perform at 55-60%.
The gop gets more reps, but they also are spread more thinly.
When the shift happens it will be swift.

Bethere
11-10-2016, 04:56 AM
The left is heavily invested in creating groups. You have women, Blacks, Asians, Hispanics, LGBT. And they are all told they're being oppressed by the evil white man. They've been so busy beating down the white patriarchy and giving a voice to the oppressed that they missed the part where those same white men, just ordinary Americans, found their own voice and told the democrats to $#@! off. Y'all weren't supposed to do that. You were supposed to stay beaten down and subjugated by the progressives.Ordinary voters said no such thing. Republicans didn't tap into any populist movements.The gop got the same 60 million voters they always get.Bush got 62 million votes.McCain got 60 million votes.ROmney got 61 million votes.trump got 60 million votes. See a pattern?All you guys do is change the names. In truth, there is no difference between silent majority, john birch society, new Christian right, and the tea party.It has always been the same people and now they are really really white and really really old.

Croft
11-10-2016, 05:09 AM
Well considering that he was not the usual establishment candidate, that he had to fight his own party almost to the end, had the MSM on his back like an avalanche, spent half of what his opponent did and had no track record before in office I think he did amazingly well. After 4 years of trying to get back jobs, push back corruption and provide some representation for working people's needs for the first time in 30 years he might even get more votes next time. And maybe more among blacks and hispanics as they realize he's not a racist boogeyman and they get more job too. Maybe the Democrats with their race baiting/sex baiting strategy might have to reinvent themselves. You never know.
By the way what a strange political party that you have to engage in population replacement using amnesties for illegal alien invaders in order to boost your vote. Seems almost treasonous.

Croft
11-10-2016, 05:18 AM
OP ignores the amount of 'never Trump' GOP voters (I call them idiots; people like Charlie Sykes, George Will and Charles Krauthammer) whose votes were wiped away from OTHERS who voted for Trump.
Voters who - quite possibly - have not voted for a Republican before. People who gave up on the system because they believed it was rigged, and others, who have been historical victims of the system, and reversed course.

And those people maintained the GOP's historical vote total. And what will happen if Trump wins over 'never-Trump' GOP voters, and increase his draw of those who had given up on the system, as well as increase his appeal to disenfranchised DEM voters?

Be afraid, OP: keep failing in analysis. I'm sure your clients will continue to pay well for your failures.

Very good points. And so much better than the oppositions "You're going to lose the numbers game whitey" from a party just based on identity politics. If Trump gets jobs back it will leave the Dems as the establishments divide and rule refuge party an they'll be wiped out.

Bethere
11-10-2016, 05:21 AM
Seems almost treasonous.

Seems almost fictional.

Wake me up when you get to nonfiction.

Croft
11-10-2016, 05:23 AM
Seems almost fictional.

Wake me up when you get to nonfiction.

My point is that the population replacement policy followed by corporate America for 30 years and still endorsed by the Dems for obvious reasons is what keeps the Dems competitive. And you love to shove it in everyone else's faces.

Bethere
11-10-2016, 05:37 AM
My point is that the population replacement policy followed by corporate America for 30 years and still endorsed by the Dems for obvious reasons is what keeps the Dems competitive. And you love to shove it in everyone else's faces.
I cherish how after just 100 posts you would know with all certainty what I love to do.

Safety
11-10-2016, 06:00 AM
The left is heavily invested in creating groups. You have women, Blacks, Asians, Hispanics, LGBT. And they are all told they're being oppressed by the evil white man. They've been so busy beating down the white patriarchy and giving a voice to the oppressed that they missed the part where those same white men, just ordinary Americans, found their own voice and told the democrats to fuck off. Y'all weren't supposed to do that. You were supposed to stay beaten down and subjugated by the progressives.

That's probably because the left didn't create those groups, they are people who are citizens of this country that are not represented by one party.

Croft
11-10-2016, 06:39 AM
I cherish how after just 100 posts you would know with all certainty what I love to do.

Okay maybe you've got a point on that but some poster (maybe not you) was happy at the thought that changing demographics would see off the Republican party. I'm hoping Trump will be genuine on the getting the jobs back and demographics won't matter. All that will matter is just holding off any corporate America come back including their efforts to win by race/sex division.

FindersKeepers
11-10-2016, 06:45 AM
That's probably because the left didn't create those groups, they are people who are citizens of this country that are not represented by one party.

I don't think that's completely accurate because members who fall into those groups, yet reject membership, blend very well into society as a whole. It's only when people accept the limitations and labels foisted on them that they take on the burden of the smaller group.

I've had females try to lure me into that trap all of my adult life and I've soundly rejected them. To my distinct advantage in the business world.

hanger4
11-10-2016, 06:54 AM

You have only Clinton baggage to blame, a lot of Clinton baggage.

hanger4
11-10-2016, 06:57 AM

Without gerimandering and the electoral college the gop is nothing.

https://www.google.com/search?q=21st+century+started+what+date&oq=21st+century+started&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j0l2.12619j0j4&client=tablet-android-samsung&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

And yet they beat da Clinton.

Safety
11-10-2016, 07:48 AM
I don't think that's completely accurate because members who fall into those groups, yet reject membership, blend very well into society as a whole. It's only when people accept the limitations and labels foisted on them that they take on the burden of the smaller group.

I've had females try to lure me into that trap all of my adult life and I've soundly rejected them. To my distinct advantage in the business world.

So, when a member here posts about blacks being criminal, only vote for entitlements, or should be grateful that slavery allowed them to be in America....then as a black person, I should reject membership as being black?

Croft
11-10-2016, 08:04 AM

Be afraid, OP: keep failing in analysis. I'm sure your clients will continue to pay well for your failures. Seems you were right about others who had never voted before turning out for Trump. Most of the way down in this article there's a couple of lines saying just that. Trump got a lot of new voters. And that cancelled out the Never Trump pricks who held their noses at the idea of Republicans actually being represented for once instead of them just having to hear about Jeb's guac bowl.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/predictive-polls-absolutely-wrong-donald-trump-article-1.2865546

FindersKeepers
11-10-2016, 09:02 AM
So, when a member here posts about blacks being criminal, only vote for entitlements, or should be grateful that slavery allowed them to be in America....then as a black person, I should reject membership as being black?

You should never stand for being abused, but neither should you identify yourself as a victim. Yesterday, a poster here made a comment that women shouldn't be allowed to vote (or run for President) because his girlfriend was too emotional over Hillary's loss. I didn't feel attacked just because his girlfriend and I have vaginas in common. My vagina doesn't define me -- and, I don't think your race should define you.

I know women who would have been extremely insulted by that poster's comment, but I wasn't. I told him to hold-up because I think Condi would make an excellent president and he didn't disagree.

Here's the deal (for me). I can't regulate what others think or say, nor do I want that ability, but I can, and do, choose how to feel about what they say and how to respond.

For the record, I think you are nearly always gracious when the topic of race comes up -- but I fully expect you to challenge stereotypical statements that try to lock you in a box. See, that's the thing -- I refuse to be put in a box while you sometimes allow others to do that to you.

But, and this is the big "but," those "boxes" do exist in society. There ARE feminist groups that give all women a bad name and there are black groups that do the same for blacks, just as there are smaller groups within designations such as "liberal" and "conservative" that give those groups bad names.

The same political party that decided women needed to be in a protective box also decided homosexuals and blacks needed protective boxes. I hate that! I refuse to sit in the victim box they made for me. But, it's up to you whether you will sit in the box they made for you.

Chris
11-10-2016, 09:16 AM

Not creating but segregating society into those groups. And now as a result have created white-lash.

Safety
11-10-2016, 09:34 AM
You should never stand for being abused, but neither should you identify yourself as a victim. Yesterday, a poster here made a comment that women shouldn't be allowed to vote (or run for President) because his girlfriend was too emotional over Hillary's loss. I didn't feel attacked just because his girlfriend and I have vaginas in common. My vagina doesn't define me -- and, I don't think your race should define you.

I know women who would have been extremely insulted by that poster's comment, but I wasn't. I told him to hold-up because I think Condi would make an excellent president and he didn't disagree.

Here's the deal (for me). I can't regulate what others think or say, nor do I want that ability, but I can, and do, choose how to feel about what they say and how to respond.

For the record, I think you are nearly always gracious when the topic of race comes up -- but I fully expect you to challenge stereotypical statements that try to lock you in a box. See, that's the thing -- I refuse to be put in a box while you sometimes allow others to do that to you.

But, and this is the big "but," those "boxes" do exist in society. There ARE feminist groups that give all women a bad name and there are black groups that do the same for blacks, just as there are smaller groups within designations such as "liberal" and "conservative" that give those groups bad names.

The same political party that decided women needed to be in a protective box also decided homosexuals and blacks needed protective boxes. I hate that! I refuse to sit in the victim box they made for me. But, it's up to you whether you will sit in the box they made for you.

Totally agree and understand, however, there is a difference in someone speaking about a particular person that they may know, and blanketing an entire group. I mean, we see the hand wringing and animosity present whenever Cigar posts something that paints white people in a bad light, but when the same is done towards blacks, then I am identifying as a victim?

FindersKeepers
11-10-2016, 09:47 AM
Totally agree and understand, however, there is a difference in someone speaking about a particular person that they may know, and blanketing an entire group. I mean, we see the hand wringing and animosity present whenever Cigar posts something that paints white people in a bad light, but when the same is done towards blacks, then I am identifying as a victim?

Only you can answer that because only you know how you feel inside. I don't take much offense to what Cigar says because he's just a little ornery. He likes to poke the hornets nest and see what comes buzzing out. But, there are times when it's important to stand up and say something if someone is trying to whitewash the truth. You probably didn't see the big argument I had with Mister D last month when he claimed lynching as a way to terrorize blacks was blown out of proportion. I felt his comment was unacceptable since history and the effect lynching had on blacks at that time was emotionally crippling.

So, you see, I DO recognize that sentiments exist that seek to revise history and its effects.

Cigar is pretty bright -- I don't see him taking on the victim mantle. When Trump won, Cigar was among the first to say he was going to give him a chance. That's not the reaction of a man who feels victimized. It's the reaction of man that feels empowered and confident. Don't take that to mean that I think you're not just as bright. I certainly do think you're highly intelligent. I just think that at times, you tend to internalize what others say more than Cigar does. At the end of the day -- I know darned well that Cigar signs off and goes to bed happy and laughing.

Subdermal
11-10-2016, 10:13 AM

It's hard for you to make the case that you are the majority when you bus in people who otherwise don't give a sht, and put thousands of dead people on Dem ballots.

Subdermal
11-10-2016, 10:14 AM
At least I played.

You didn't even vote.

What do you call a system like ours where the majority is ruled continually by the minority?
A Representative Republic.

Make a note of it.

Subdermal
11-10-2016, 10:17 AM
Gerimandering is a two edged sword. Every time you do it your margin gets smaller. One party gets sll of its people crammed into singular districts. The other party spreads out and experiences smaller margins.

Here in Ohio, dem districts are engineered by the opposition to perform at phenomenal 80% clips. Gop districts perform at 55-60%.
The gop gets more reps, but they also are spread more thinly.
When the shift happens it will be swift.

Sour grapes are extremely sour.

Get over it. Your time is over.

Ethereal
11-10-2016, 10:18 AM
A system that you support wholeheartedly?

Because even when Obama won in 2012, his vote total comprised about 20% of the population of America.

In other words, 20% of Americans were basically determining the fate of the remaining 80% and you were perfectly fine with that arrangement.

Subdermal
11-10-2016, 10:21 AM

It far fewer posts than that for Croft to figure out who you are, and what you believe. It's that easy to understand your ideology. Hell: you posted a hamster wheel after your 5th post with me. What makes you think you're in any way nuanced?

NapRover
11-10-2016, 10:23 AM
It's hard for you to make the case that you are the majority when you bus in people who otherwise don't give a sht, and put thousands of dead people on Dem ballots.
Hence the popular vote advantage!

Ethereal
11-10-2016, 10:24 AM
Theoretically, we're supposed to be a federated republic.

The states ceded limited, enumerated powers to the federal government and retained the rest for themselves.

The entire point of a federal system is to preserve the local aspects of democracy from the encroachment of abstract majorities and distant powers.

The idea that California, Illinois, and New York should get to determine how virtually every other state in the country is run is actually anathema to genuine democracy.

Docthehun
11-10-2016, 10:27 AM

Any idea how many of those dead voters actually cast ballots?

Common
11-10-2016, 10:29 AM

When you choose to actually say something besides LOL or here we go again. You make sense.
Cigar pisses me off and I respond to him in kind. He attacks police and posts endless bad threads. I post endless good threads and remind hm why we have to have police. That doesnt mean I hate him because I dont. I also see the threads where hes compassionate even to those he doesnt like. I see good in him.

Some may take him to literally and instead of shoving the shit he throws back in his face and busting his balls in return for his never ending ball busting. They seethe and take his words as true intent.

You are much more clever than cigar and more racially lets say tuned. Anyone that says anything you dont like or believes what you dont believe becomes an enemy or put on your watch list.

There are those here that make disparaging remarks about blacks. Do they believe it I dont know you will have to ask them. I will tell you this there are white liberals that cause far more racial grief and animosity and race baiting on this forum and you and cigar are far better liked than they will ever be

Saftey because a white person doesnt see it like you do, does not make them a HATER or a racist. You can be wrong yanno and they dont have to agree with you

Ethereal
11-10-2016, 10:32 AM
All this hullabaloo over the electoral college and the popular vote wouldn't be a problem if both sides simply stuck to the original intent of the constitution.

But because the federal government has assumed so many powers outside the confines of the constitution, the stakes are raised significantly and the effects of national legislation are much more all encompassing.

The federal government was only supposed to govern things that were truly national in scope, mostly defense, diplomacy, and interstate commerce. States like California and Texas arguably have a common interest in such matters and would be more likely to have shared ideas about how to promote those interests.

But when the federal government inserts itself into the minutia of everyday life and culture, those common interests evaporate almost immediately and the potential for resentment and conflict emerge.

Then a situation materializes where instead of California and Texas cooperating on common defense, they are battling over every detail of daily life in their respective states.

Subdermal
11-10-2016, 10:35 AM
Any idea how many of those dead voters actually cast ballots?

Oh look. It's the BeThere sock who pretends to be a Republican.

I've posted this at least 6 times now.

http://newstalk1130.iheart.com/onair/common-sense-central-37717/how-democrats-plan-to-steal-the-14995362/

Chris
11-10-2016, 10:36 AM
At least I played.

You didn't even vote.

"When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things." 1 Corinthians 13:11

Safety
11-10-2016, 11:02 AM
When you choose to actually say something besides LOL or here we go again. You make sense.
Cigar pisses me off and I respond to him in kind. He attacks police and posts endless bad threads. I post endless good threads and remind hm why we have to have police. That doesnt mean I hate him because I dont. I also see the threads where hes compassionate even to those he doesnt like. I see good in him.

Some may take him to literally and instead of shoving the shit he throws back in his face and busting his balls in return for his never ending ball busting. They seethe and take his words as true intent.

You are much more clever than cigar and more racially lets say tuned. Anyone that says anything you dont like or believes what you dont believe becomes an enemy or put on your watch list.

There are those here that make disparaging remarks about blacks. Do they believe it I dont know you will have to ask them. I will tell you this there are white liberals that cause far more racial grief and animosity and race baiting on this forum and you and cigar are far better liked than they will ever be

Saftey because a white person doesnt see it like you do, does not make them a HATER or a racist. You can be wrong yanno and they dont have to agree with you

I agree completely. Well, with everything except for the LoL or here we go again.

Docthehun
11-10-2016, 11:25 AM
Oh look. It's the BeThere sock who pretends to be a Republican.

I've posted this at least 6 times now.

http://newstalk1130.iheart.com/onair/common-sense-central-37717/how-democrats-plan-to-steal-the-14995362/

Great link. You are such a swell poster and I bet you're just as much fun in life as you are here.

Bethere
11-10-2016, 11:32 AM
"When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things." 1 Corinthians 13:11

"I am awesome. "-- bethere.

Cigar
11-10-2016, 11:36 AM

I Still Crave Birth Cancel & Brest Feeding. :grin:

Bethere
11-10-2016, 11:42 AM
All this hullabaloo over the electoral college and the popular vote wouldn't be a problem if both sides simply stuck to the original intent of the constitution.

But because the federal government has assumed so many powers outside the confines of the constitution, the stakes are raised significantly and the effects of national legislation are much more all encompassing.

The federal government was only supposed to govern things that were truly national in scope, mostly defense, diplomacy, and interstate commerce. States like California and Texas arguably have a common interest in such matters and would be more likely to have shared ideas about how to promote those interests.

But when the federal government inserts itself into the minutia of everyday life and culture, those common interests evaporate almost immediately and the potential for resentment and conflict emerge.

Then a situation materializes where instead of California and Texas cooperating on common defense, they are battling over every detail of daily life in their respective states.

The popular vote people aren't asking any of you to change how you cast your electoral votes. They would merely be casting theirs in the way they want in total compliance with the constitution of the united states.

They don't advocate changing a thing or even getting rid of the electoral college.
What don't you like about the constitution?

FindersKeepers
11-10-2016, 03:11 PM
The popular vote people aren't asking any of you to change how you cast your electoral votes. They would merely be casting theirs in the way they want in total compliance with the constitution of the united states.

There is nothing in the Constitution that advocates states should be allowed to appoint their electors based on votes of those who do not live within that state.

The Popular Vote pact is an attempt to use a loophole in the Constitution to undermine the intent of the EC.

The final judge is not you -- nor the folks who want to undermine the intent of the EC, but rather the SCOTUS, when, and if, the issue ever gets there. When it does -- because the Justices are tasked with ruling based on the intent of the framers of the Constitution, the pact is very likely to be tossed in the dung heap.

Where it belongs.

Bethere
11-11-2016, 12:47 AM
There is nothing in the Constitution that advocates states should be allowed to appoint their electors based on votes of those who do not live within that state.

The Popular Vote pact is an attempt to use a loophole in the Constitution to undermine the intent of the EC.

The final judge is not you -- nor the folks who want to undermine the intent of the EC, but rather the SCOTUS, when, and if, the issue ever gets there. When it does -- because the Justices are tasked with ruling based on the intent of the framers of the Constitution, the pact is very likely to be tossed in the dung heap.

Where it belongs.
Gosh, the constitution reserves the right to distribute electors as they see fit FOR THE STATES.

It's a state's rights thing. You make me laugh, Republican. You are so inconsistent.

"Each State shall appoint, in such Manner as the Legislature thereof may direct, a Number of Electors, equal to the whole Number of Senators and Representatives to which the State may be entitled in the Congress.."

resister
11-11-2016, 12:49 AM
gosh, the constitution reserves the right to distribute electors as they see fit for the states.

"each state shall appoint, in such manner as the legislature thereof may direct, a number of electors, equal to the whole number of senators and representatives to which the state may be entitled in the congress.."
say president trump...say it or i make you say unnccllleee

Bethere
11-11-2016, 12:50 AM
say president trump...say it or i make you say unnccllleee

No.

resister
11-11-2016, 01:02 AM
No.
Well do the democratic thing...compromise,meet me in the middle,just say uncle

HoneyBadger
11-11-2016, 01:05 AM
A Representative Republic.

Make a note of it.

As opposed to a dictatorship, which is what the left apparently wants.

HoneyBadger
11-11-2016, 01:07 AM

You have no clue how our government works, do you?

Have you ever heard of a political subdivision known as a state?

Every time you yammer about a nationwide majority vote, you expose extreme, black-hole-ignorance.

FindersKeepers
11-11-2016, 04:45 AM

They don't advocate changing a thing or even getting rid of the electoral college.
What don't you like about the constitution?

If it was in "total compliance" as you claim, why aren't they doing it already?

Why the need to seek congressional support?

If it was in total compliance -- they'd be doing it.

LOL

Bethere
11-11-2016, 11:45 AM
If it was in "total compliance" as you claim, why aren't they doing it already?

Why the need to seek congressional support?

If it was in total compliance -- they'd be doing it.

LOL

Who said anything about seeking congressional support?

Seriously! It's a state's rights thing. Virginia v Tennessee.

Your reading skills are seriously overrated. The answers you seek are available to you on the google.

FindersKeepers
11-11-2016, 12:58 PM
Who said anything about seeking congressional support?

Seriously! It's a state's rights thing. Virginia v Tennessee.

Your reading skills are seriously overrated. The answers you seek are available to you on the google.
Hmmmm...it seems, once again, you don't know what you're talking about.

Virginia V Tennessee has nothing to do with the NPVIC, that has been signed by a few states but would violate Article I, Section 10, without congressional approval.

Thanks for admitting that you could not answer the question. Better steer clear of topics you don't understand in the future.

Suffice it to say -- that if they aren't implementing the pact -- it's because they can't.

LOL

Good times.

Bethere
11-11-2016, 01:14 PM
Hmmmm...it seems, once again, you don't know what you're talking about.

Virginia V Tennessee has nothing to do with the NPVIC, that has been signed by a few states but would violate Article I, Section 10, without congressional approval.

Thanks for admitting that you could not answer the question. Better steer clear of topics you don't understand in the future.

Suffice it to say -- that if they aren't implementing the pact -- it's because they can't.

LOL

Good times.

Again, Virginia v Tennessee. Read it. Learn.

And, psst! They don't have enough states signed on yet. But someday soon they might and it will be constitutional, state's rights and all.

One thing is for sure. I post, you respond. We've seen it before.

You are all that stands between bethere and total conquest. Only you can stop bethere!

Good times.

FindersKeepers
11-11-2016, 02:39 PM
Again, Virginia v Tennessee. Read it. Learn.

And, psst! They don't have enough states signed on yet. But someday soon they might and it will be constitutional, state's rights and all.

"Someday?"
"Might?"

You better hold your horses until it reaches SCOTUS. LOL

One thing is for sure. I post, you respond. We've seen it before.

What? Posters responding to other posters?

Tell me it isn't true?

You are all that stands between bethere and total conquest. Only you can stop bethere!

Good times.

Are you focused on the forum or a video game now? "Total conquest?" Dude, that's cute.

Bethere
11-11-2016, 02:42 PM
"Someday?""Might?"You better hold your horses until it reaches SCOTUS. LOLWhat? Posters responding to other posters?Tell me it isn't true? Are you focused on the forum or a video game now? "Total conquest?" Dude, that's cute.I post. You respond.

Good times.

Cletus
11-11-2016, 02:49 PM
Gosh, the constitution reserves the right to distribute electors as they see fit FOR THE STATES.

It's a state's rights thing. You make me laugh, Republican. You are so inconsistent.

"Each State shall appoint, in such Manner as the Legislature thereof may direct, a Number of Electors, equal to the whole Number of Senators and Representatives to which the State may be entitled in the Congress.."

Do you really think that supports your claim?

It doesn't even come close.

Bethere
11-11-2016, 02:51 PM
Do you really think that supports your claim.

I do.

Cletus
11-11-2016, 02:52 PM
I do.

Then you are even dumber than I thought.

Bethere
11-11-2016, 03:10 PM
Then you are even dumber than I thought.

Nuh-uh!

YOU ARE!

hanger4
11-11-2016, 04:04 PM
I post. You respond.

Good times.

I post, you hide cowartly behind the ignore button. LOL

exploited
11-11-2016, 04:22 PM
I thought it was fairly widely understood that electors are not obliged to vote for their pledged candidate, or according to the popular vote, unless the State they reside in has legislated something to that effect. As far as I know, this is called a "faithless elector."

Subdermal
11-11-2016, 04:54 PM
I thought it was fairly widely understood that electors are not obliged to vote for their pledged candidate, or according to the popular vote, unless the State they reside in has legislated something to that effect. As far as I know, this is called a "faithless elector."
http://static3.depositphotos.com/1006282/202/i/950/depositphotos_2028845-Hanging-by-a-thread.jpg

Looking for a 'mostly' civil meeting yet?

Cletus
11-11-2016, 05:01 PM

Only 21 states permit that. 29 states have legal penalties for faithless electors and some states will actually declare the vote of a faithless elector null and void.

TrueBlue
11-11-2016, 05:14 PM
Several news reports are now saying that three states are still too close to call and they could go to either Trump or Clinton. If that happens they will need to go get an arbiter to determine the race.

texan
11-11-2016, 05:17 PM

Notice he didn't post how many Hillary got rounded up like the rest? It's a fact she got the same.

That said, cute post..................Yeah it was a Brexit you nimrod.........Exactly like the Brexit as the polling was incorrect!

I don't believe in mandates anyway for the most part. But I will say that the number of votes have nothing to do with defining a mandate.

What a dumb sour grapes post,

Bethere
11-11-2016, 05:27 PM
Notice he didn't post how many Hillary got rounded up like the rest? It's a fact she got the same.

That said, cute post..................Yeah it was a Brexit you nimrod.........Exactly like the Brexit as the polling was incorrect!

I don't believe in mandates anyway for the most part. But I will say that the number of votes have nothing to do with defining a mandate.

What a dumb sour grapes post,

Actually, the brexit polling--and most of our polling--was well within the margin of error.

Mister D
11-11-2016, 08:44 PM
Actually, the brexit polling--and most of our polling--was well within the margin of error.

The Hillary Clinton candidacy was most certainly within the margin for error. lol

maineman
11-11-2016, 09:25 PM
Trump's gonna win. the next challenge is to make sure that Chuck Schumer galvanizes the senate minority to filibuster everything put forth by Donnie and Mitchie every day after the opening prayer.

Bethere
11-12-2016, 02:53 PM
The Hillary Clinton candidacy was most certainly within the margin for error. lol

Another day passes, Hillary +600,000 with millions of east and west coast votes yet to count.

Btw. This wasn't a poll. There's no margin of error.
Subdermal
Ethereal

Clinton's Popular-Vote Lead Will Grow, and Grow, and Grow

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/11/clintons-popular-vote-lead-will-grow-and-grow/507455/&ved=0ahUKEwiErsC6_6PQAhUK6iYKHT0kB7AQqOcBCCQwAQ&usg=AFQjCNHw_i8OKpRxjurLjGgS-hrCKFopKg

Peter1469
11-12-2016, 02:56 PM
Another day passes, Hillary +600,000 with millions of east and west coast votes yet to count.

@Subdermal (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=1758)
@Ethereal (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=870)

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/11/clintons-popular-vote-lead-will-grow-and-grow/507455/&ved=0ahUKEwiErsC6_6PQAhUK6iYKHT0kB7AQqOcBCCQwAQ&usg=AFQjCNHw_i8OKpRxjurLjGgS-hrCKFopKg

The military vote will be 70% against the crook.

Captain Obvious
11-12-2016, 02:58 PM

Moral victory I guess.

That's nice, honey.

Bethere
11-12-2016, 02:59 PM
The military vote will be 70% against the crook.

Hillary already has enough votes banked to cover that with millions left to count from the east and west coasts.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_military_deployments

Captain Obvious
11-12-2016, 03:00 PM
Hillary already has enough votes banked to cover that with millions left to count from the east and west coasts.

Maybe she can trade them in for golf balls, she'll have time on her hands now.

Bethere
11-12-2016, 03:03 PM
Maybe she can trade them in for golf balls, she'll have time on her hands now.

Aren't you the brave patriot warrior hero who hid from the meanies at tPF throughout october?

Captain Obvious
11-12-2016, 03:06 PM
http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii77/muldoon1959/memes/grasping.jpg

Bethere
11-12-2016, 03:10 PM
http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii77/muldoon1959/memes/grasping.jpg

I'm not a browns fan.

I do have a picture of an obese couple of steelers fans you once posted. May I repost it?

Bethere
11-12-2016, 03:15 PM
Good times.

Bethere
11-12-2016, 03:25 PM
“We probably have about 7 million votes left to count,” said David Wasserman, an editor at Cook Political Report who is tracking turnout. (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/u/1/d/133Eb4qQmOxNvtesw2hdVns073R68EZx4SfCnP4IGQf8/htmlview?sle=true#gid=19) “A majority of them are on the coasts, in New York, California, and Washington. She should be able to win those votes, probably 2-1.” By mid-December, when the Electoral College officially casts its ballots, Wasserman estimates that Clinton could be ahead by 2 percentage points in the popular vote.
What’s with the delay? Several states, notably California and Washington, have liberal absentee and mail-in voting laws. California, for instance, allows residents to submit ballots up to three days late (although they must be postmarked on or before Election Day). These provisions have madealternative voting pretty popular, (http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/americans-love-early-voting-and-it-might-help-clinton/)and the ballots a bit harder to count. California alone has more than 4 million votes pending; (http://elections.cdn.sos.ca.gov/statewide-elections/2016-general/unprocessed-ballots-report.pdf) Washington is waiting on another 700,000. (http://results.vote.wa.gov/results/current/Turnout.html)"http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/11/clintons-popular-vote-lead-will-grow-and-grow/507455/

Newpublius
11-12-2016, 03:33 PM
I agree it is complex. But Clinton has always been a very poor candidate. I am very surprised that Trump won but would not have been surprised if any other GOP nominee beat her. What I really wish could have happened is the DNC gave Sanders a fair shake. Because he could be President Elect right now.

Until you delve into HIS past and you realize that he has some very, very serious issues. I know, he comes across today as an agitated Papa Smurf, but he has roots in a real socialist past complete with honeymoons to the Soviet Union, Cuba adulation, sympatico with the Sandinistas....

NapRover
11-12-2016, 08:45 PM
Meanwhile back at the ranch, Trump's electoral landslide (306) continues with Michigan's hope & change results
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2016/11/trump-makes-history-takes-michigan-gains-306-electoral-votes-historic-win/

Peter1469
11-12-2016, 08:47 PM
Trumpslide?

NapRover
11-12-2016, 08:58 PM
Trumpslide?

You should copyright asap!!

Bethere
11-13-2016, 11:41 AM
Another day passes, Hillary Clinton + 631k.

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/features/2016-election-results/

Peter1469
11-13-2016, 11:42 AM

hanger4
11-13-2016, 11:56 AM

Poor poor Bethere just can't seem to ignore me even with the ignore (cowardly) button.

To funny.

resister
11-13-2016, 11:59 AM

You can allways dream, but , alas your hopes have been dashed on the bitter rocks of reality.You know what concede means?

Bethere
11-13-2016, 12:02 PM

Gary Johnson, 0.

Peter1469
11-13-2016, 12:03 PM
Gary Johnson, 0.

I knew that going in.

Bethere
11-13-2016, 12:04 PM
I new that going in.

"Knew."

Bethere
11-14-2016, 11:00 AM
Another day passes: Hillary Clinton + 680,000

resister
11-14-2016, 11:06 AM
Another day passes: Hillary Clinton + 680,000
Smoke crack often?

Bethere
11-14-2016, 02:09 PM
Smoke crack often?
I didn't vote for trump. You did. So I pose your question to you: Smoke crack often?

resister
11-14-2016, 02:11 PM
I didn't vote for trump. You did. So I pose your question to you: Smoke crack often?Blatant attempt to revive, dying, lame thread often?

Boris The Animal
11-14-2016, 02:56 PM
Final tally gives Trump popular vote and untouchable electoral vote. In short, HiLLIARy got b!tchslapped.

Bethere
11-14-2016, 03:10 PM
Final tally gives Trump popular vote and untouchable electoral vote. In short, HiLLIARy got b!tchslapped.

Hillary Clinton +680,000 and counting.
Ethereal Subdermal

Peter1469
11-14-2016, 03:56 PM

Subdermal
11-14-2016, 04:48 PM

@Ethereal (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=870) @Subdermal (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=1758)

You spelled 'millions' wrong.

Bethere
11-14-2016, 04:52 PM
You spelled 'millions' wrong.

Patience, fascist, patience.

Peter1469
11-14-2016, 04:53 PM
Patience, fascist, patience.

Fascists are your team- authoritarian.

Bethere
11-14-2016, 04:57 PM
Fascists are your team- authoritarian.

Authoritarians come in all shapes and sizes and they have nothing to do with economics.

Fascists let industry own the means of production and control the government--the exact opposite of socialism.

You are a fascist, as is Subdermal.

You know less about economics than you do law.

HoneyBadger
11-14-2016, 05:04 PM

That's the only vote count that matters, according to the Constitution.

Bethere
11-14-2016, 05:11 PM
That's the only vote count that matters, according to the Constitution.

Then why is this topic on page 15?

hanger4
11-14-2016, 05:22 PM
Then why is this topic on page 15?

That's simple Bethere, watching you wallow in your self pity is entertaining. :grin:

Croft
11-14-2016, 05:23 PM
http://www.infowars.com/report-three-million-votes-in-presidential-election-cast-by-illegal-aliens/
Trump won the popular vote.

Peter1469
11-14-2016, 05:47 PM
Authoritarians come in all shapes and sizes and they have nothing to do with economics.

Fascists let industry own the means of production and control the government--the exact opposite of socialism.

You are a fascist, as is Subdermal.

You know less about economics than you do law.

R = zero government
L - total government

moving right to left sprinkle in government.

Learn

Bethere
11-14-2016, 05:53 PM
R = zero government
L - total government

moving right to left sprinkle in government.

Learn

Fascism is about economics.

Learn.

Bethere
11-14-2016, 05:56 PM
http://www.infowars.com/report-three-million-votes-in-presidential-election-cast-by-illegal-aliens/
Trump won the popular vote.
#lulz

Peter1469
11-14-2016, 06:04 PM

Learn.

No points for smarts. Oh well.

HoneyBadger
11-14-2016, 09:21 PM

Learn.

Like the crony capitalism we saw in Obama's administration?

Boris The Animal
11-14-2016, 09:35 PM
That's the only vote count that matters, according to the Constitution.There is zero chance of that being nullified. Even if the pansy-ass Liberals tried, it would still need to go to the House, and guess which party rules the House?

resister
11-14-2016, 09:38 PM

You left out the widespread lefty voter fraud.Damn, don't that suck out loud, you cheat and still lose

resister
11-14-2016, 09:39 PM
There is zero chance of that being nullified. Even if the pansy-ass Liberals tried, it would still need to go to the House, and guess which party rules the House?Sorry for your luck,but a democrat POTUS just aint gonna"Bethere"

Captain Obvious
11-14-2016, 09:40 PM

Learn.

Economics benefiting the state.

That would be the left's agenda.

Boris The Animal
11-14-2016, 09:43 PM
Sorry for your luck,but a democrat POTUS just aint gonna"Bethere":rofl:

exploited
11-14-2016, 09:52 PM
Sorry for your luck,but a democrat POTUS just aint gonna"Bethere"

:applause:

maineman
11-14-2016, 11:42 PM
Sorry for your luck,but a democrat POTUS just aint gonna"Bethere"
not until 2020. Until then, the democrats in the senate can effectively shackle the cheeto faced clown in the white house.

Boris The Animal
11-14-2016, 11:44 PM
not until 2020. Until then, the democrats in the senate can effectively shackle the cheeto faced clown in the white house.Funniest thing I heard all day. The Dumbocrats are irrelevant and as we bolster our majorities in the House and Senate, you will be driven back under the rocks you slithered from, just like in 1984.

maineman
11-14-2016, 11:54 PM
Funniest thing I heard all day. The Dumbocrats are irrelevant and as we bolster our majorities in the House and Senate, you will be driven back under the rocks you slithered from, just like in 1984.

tough talk, Boris. We have 48 senators. All we need is 41 to stop ANY piece of legislation from getting to Donald's desk.

Did you opt out of civics class in high school and go for auto body repair instead?

Bethere
11-15-2016, 11:58 AM
Good times!

Hillary Clinton + 800,000 votes!

Ethereal
Subdermal

resister
11-15-2016, 12:00 PM
Good times!

Hillary Clinton + 800,000 votes!

Keep counting imaginary votes, your butt hurt is entertaining:grin:

Subdermal
11-15-2016, 12:00 PM
Does anyone see links from clowns mouth up there?

I see Trump leading the popular vote by over a million.

Common Sense
11-15-2016, 12:04 PM

Where do you see that?

Even Fox news show Clinton won the popular vote.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/elections/2016/presidential-election-headquarters

resister
11-15-2016, 12:06 PM
Where do you see that?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/elections/2016/presidential-election-headquarters

To bad she's a washed up has been

Bethere
11-15-2016, 12:06 PM

The link would be the same one I've posted over and over.

A clear majority of American voters voted for Hillary Clinton, not trump.

resister
11-15-2016, 12:08 PM
The link would be the same one I've posted over and over.

A clear majority of American voters voted for Hillary Clinton, not trump.
See post #172^

Bethere
11-15-2016, 12:08 PM
Where do you see that?

Good times!

+800k!

Bethere
11-15-2016, 12:10 PM
See post #172^

Thanks, but I don't play fetch for the likes of Subdermal.

resister
11-15-2016, 12:12 PM

SHE LOST SHE LOST SHE LOST SHE LOST SHE LOST SHE LOST ...try to get that thru your thick skull

Subdermal
11-15-2016, 12:14 PM

Sure you don't. That's what you keep playing to my attention.

I'm adding onto the space in your head I own. It's quite airy in there; plenty of room. Quite the echo happening, though.

You're still misspelling millions btw - and I have no doubt at all that the same people who told us all about how the polls showed Hillary in a walk are the same ones now exclaiming that she's walking away with the popular vote.

Bethere
11-15-2016, 12:15 PM
SHE LOST SHE LOST SHE LOST SHE LOST SHE LOST SHE LOST ...try to get that thru your thick skull

She got the most votes. That's the topic of this thread.

if you want to talk about something else I encourage you to start your own thread.

Have a day!

Bethere
11-15-2016, 12:16 PM
Sure you don't. That's what you keep playing to my attention.

I'm adding onto the space in your head I own. It's quite airy in there; plenty of room. Quite the echo happening, though.

You're still misspelling millions btw - and I have no doubt at all that the same people who told us all about how the polls showed Hillary in a walk are the same ones now exclaiming that she's walking away with the popular vote.

Lol.

resister
11-15-2016, 12:17 PM
She got the most votes. That's the topic of this thread.

if you want to talk about something else I encourage you to start your own thread.

Have a day!
What you mean make one that's relevant?You should try it some time

Bethere
11-15-2016, 12:20 PM
What you mean make one that's relevant?You should try it some time

Republicans have lost 6 of the last 7 presidential popular votes.

Your frustrated party is just as doomed today as it was last October.

nic34
11-15-2016, 12:24 PM

Trump got beat by 990K got beat by 990K got beat by 990K got beat by 990K got beat by 990K got beat by 990K

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/133Eb4qQmOxNvtesw2hdVns073R68EZx4SfCnP4IGQf8/htmlview?sle=true#gid=19

LOL

Bethere
11-15-2016, 12:25 PM
Trump got beat by 990K got beat by 990K got beat by 990K got beat by 990K got beat by 990K got beat by 990K

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/133Eb4qQmOxNvtesw2hdVns073R68EZx4SfCnP4IGQf8/htmlview?sle=true#gid=19

LOL

That's spelled, "millions."
Lol.
"The system is rigged," Trump said over and over. "It's fixed."

nic34
11-15-2016, 12:25 PM
...and more votes to come...

So it’s entirely plausible that Clinton could end up winning the popular vote by 1 million to 1.5 million votes -- roughly two or three times the popular-vote margin assembled by Al Gore when he lost the Electoral College, and the presidency, to George W. Bush in 2000.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2016/nov/14/blog-posting/no-donald-trump-not-beating-hillary-clinton-popula/

Bethere
11-15-2016, 12:30 PM
...and more votes to come...

So it’s entirely plausible that Clinton could end up winning the popular vote by 1 million to 1.5 million votes -- roughly two or three times the popular-vote margin assembled by Al Gore when he lost the Electoral College, and the presidency, to George W. Bush in 2000.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2016/nov/14/blog-posting/no-donald-trump-not-beating-hillary-clinton-popula/

Good times!

hanger4
11-15-2016, 12:46 PM
Wow, 19 pages of Bethere wollowing in his self pity.

Ethereal
11-15-2016, 01:44 PM

@Ethereal (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=870) @Subdermal (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=1758)
You said she would win by several million.

Not sure why you feel the need to humiliate yourself by repeatedly broadcasting your inaccurate predictions.

Bethere
11-15-2016, 04:41 PM
You said she would win by several million.

Not sure why you feel the need to humiliate yourself by repeatedly broadcasting your inaccurate predictions.

I never said "several million."

Shame on you, Republican.

Hillary Clinton +1,003,000 and counting.

Docthehun
11-15-2016, 05:32 PM
Wow, 19 pages of Bethere wollowing in his self pity.

I know it may appear that way, but trust me, he's considers a Trump Presidency to be the worst thing that ever happened to the Grand Old Party and this is merely a battle in a longer war........................actually, I don't have a clue how he really thinks.

Bethere
11-15-2016, 05:52 PM
I know it may appear that way, but trust me, he's considers a Trump Presidency to be the worst thing that ever happened to the Grand Old Party and this is merely a battle in a longer war........................actually, I don't have a clue how he really thinks.

Yes, you do. You nailed it.

hanger4
11-15-2016, 06:02 PM

That may all be true but whining about the popular vote for 20 pages now and in a number of other threads is still wallowing in ones self pity.

Docthehun
11-15-2016, 06:15 PM
That may all be true but whining about the popular vote for 20 pages now and in a number of other threads is still wallowing in ones self pity.

I suspect he got a pep talk that all was not lost, the darkest hour is just before the dawn, time to rethink the strategy, retool and move forward. Good friends are often the ones who give the toughest advice. The ones where there's nothing in it for them.

Peter1469
11-15-2016, 06:16 PM
Subtract out the voter fraud and Hillary doesn't win the popular vote.

Docthehun
11-15-2016, 06:24 PM

I didn't realize they had a monopoly, perhaps we should develop a strategy, just to even things out.

del
11-15-2016, 06:26 PM
try not to post dumb shit, pete.

Common
11-15-2016, 06:30 PM
All Hail Mr President Donald Trump!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cletus
11-15-2016, 07:29 PM

LOL

Yet, he WILL be the next President of the United States. :grin:

Bethere
11-15-2016, 10:12 PM

You claiming to be an independent voter? Now THAT is voter fraud.

Peter1469
11-15-2016, 10:14 PM
You claiming to be an independent voter? Now THAT is voter fraud.

If the third party voters voted Trump in Virginia Hillary would have lost here too.

Bethere
11-15-2016, 10:16 PM
I suspect he got a pep talk that all was not lost, the darkest hour is just before the dawn, time to rethink the strategy, retool and move forward. Good friends are often the ones who give the toughest advice. The ones where there's nothing in it for them.

BG 42, Kent 7.

Bethere
11-15-2016, 10:18 PM
If the third party voters voted Trump in Virginia Hillary would have lost here too.

Lol.

Captain Obvious
11-15-2016, 11:12 PM
Make sure you update us on January 20th

Subdermal
11-16-2016, 01:01 AM
Have a dose of deeper thinking than you are capable of on your own, leftists.

Running to win an EC is different than running to win a popular vote. I believe that Trump would have won the popular vote if that was what he had to run to do.

Let's just take California, as an example.

Neither Trump nor Hillary campaigned there - for reasons which were obvious.

But what if the vote had been about popular vote? Would hundreds of thousands - millions, perhaps - of Californians voted? Californians who stayed home because they understood that their GOP vote was meaningless? How about in New York?

Do you have enough liberals in Conservative strongholds like Oklahoma to counter this point?

No. No you don't. So here's what you smug leftist piles of dung need to do: shut up.

The only reason that the popular vote was close is due to the dynamic I cite. It is a variable that you failed to even consider. Why? Because you not even close to as intelligent as you purport. You cling to a statistic which is as hollow and false as each of your personas.

Now don't allow the doorknob to hit ya where the Lord split ya.

Bethere
11-16-2016, 04:39 AM

Running to win an EC is different than running to win a popular vote. I believe that Trump would have won the popular vote if that was what he had to run to do.

But what if the vote had been about popular vote? Would hundreds of thousands - millions, perhaps - of Californians voted? Californians who stayed home because they understood that their GOP vote was meaningless? How about in New York?

Do you have enough liberals in Conservative strongholds like Oklahoma to counter this point?

No. No you don't. So here's what you smug leftist piles of dung need to do: shut up.

The only reason that the popular vote was close is due to the dynamic I cite. It is a variable that you failed to even consider. Why? Because you not even close to as intelligent as you purport. You cling to a statistic which is as hollow and false as each of your personas.

Another day passes:
Hillary Clinton +1,200,000 votes.

Bethere
11-16-2016, 04:46 AM
Make sure you update us on January 20th

Where were you in October, hero?

Boris The Animal
11-16-2016, 06:29 AM
Where were you in October, hero?Still trying to campaign, HasBeenthere? Get over it, HilLIARy lost.

hanger4
11-16-2016, 07:07 AM
Another day passes:

The outcome of the election won't change, but watching you wallow is quite entertaining. So keep on being there Bethere.

Subdermal
11-16-2016, 08:22 AM
The clown had nothing to say about the real reason that the popular vote totals don't mean a damned thing. It's a totally false narrative.

maineman
11-16-2016, 09:15 AM

your suppositions about what people would or would not do are just that. the facts remain: more Americans voted for Hillary than voted for Trump. more Americans voted for Gore than voted for Bush.

hanger4
11-16-2016, 09:25 AM
your suppositions about what people would or would not do are just that. the facts remain: more Americans voted for Hillary than voted for Trump. more Americans voted for Gore than voted for Bush.

It matters not.

maineman
11-16-2016, 09:38 AM
It matters not.

I think it gives moral authority to Schumer waiting until a popularly elected president comes along to allow SCOTUS nominees to be voted upon. Mitch McConnell said that the PEOPLE'S voice should decide who picked the next justice.... not the state's voice, not the republic's voice, not the electoral college's voice. I would hope that Chuck decides to agree with him.

Subdermal
11-16-2016, 10:00 AM

:rolleyes:

You stick to your 'facts', hack. The particular 'fact' upon which you're leaning - without needlessly worrying yourself about the underlying dynamics - is not what is being argued.

I wonder how you'd have reacted if someone had asserted that no one would didn't vote as a result of the bias of their own State would have voted if the election was based in the popular vote.

Go back to sleep.

Bethere
11-16-2016, 01:51 PM
I wonder how you'd have reacted if someone had asserted that no one would didn't vote as a result of the bias of their own State would have voted if the election was based in the popular vote.

Seriously, what does your post mean? Words matter and yours make no sense at all.

maineman
11-16-2016, 02:09 PM

You stick to your 'facts', hack. The particular 'fact' upon which you're leaning - without needlessly worrying yourself about the underlying dynamics - is not what is being argued.

Go back to sleep.

it's as if you think that there is nothing else on the ballot. Voters vote for all sorts of stuff.... congress, senate seats.... mayors, city councilmen, bond issues, referenda, and on and on. I think it is pretty silly to think that a republican who lived in a blue state would abdicate his right to weigh in on a host of other issues that directly impact his state, his city, and his pocketbook. And if he DID go vote, why wouldn't he vote for Trump while he was in the voting booth?

Subdermal
11-16-2016, 02:13 PM
Seriously, what does your post mean? Words matter and yours make no sense at all.

Substitute the word 'who' for the word 'would'. My iPad likes to autocorrect, and I don't always catch it.

I should point out that smart posters could have figured that out on their own.

Bethere
11-16-2016, 02:14 PM
Substitute the word 'who' for the word 'would'. My iPad like to autocorrect, and I don't always catch it.

I should point out that smart posters could have figured that out on their own.

Sure, it was your i-pad's fault.

lol.

Democrats have won six of the last seven popular votes. Your frustrated party is unable to represent the majority.

I am sure that is your I-pad's fault as well.

Btw. Your I-pad LIKES.

Subdermal's I-pad strikes again.

Good times.

Subdermal
11-16-2016, 02:17 PM
it's as if you think that there is nothing else on the ballot. Voters vote for all sorts of stuff.... congress, senate seats.... mayors, city councilmen, bond issues, referenda, and on and on. I think it is pretty silly to think that a republican who lived in a blue state would abdicate his right to weigh in on a host of other issues that directly impact his state, his city, and his pocketbook. And if he DID go vote, why wouldn't he vote for Trump while he was in the voting booth?

Are you choosing to deny that the same metric which prompts (D) votes in California doesn't also tangibly affect most other races and issues?

Additionally: are you choosing to deny that there exists a suppressive turn-out variable which results in fewer votes for down-ticket candidates as a result of not only the key factor I cite, but - also - the attractiveness of the candidate him/her self?

If you choose to deny, why is it that other liberals were crowing that Trump's unattractiveness was going to result in a possible House/Senate sweep as well?

Even attempting to argue with me on this obviously factual issue seems laughable.

Subdermal
11-16-2016, 02:21 PM
Sure, it was your i pad's fault.

lol.

If you replace the word 'would' with the word 'who', does it suddenly come into focus for someone of your limited intellect?

Democrats have won six of the last seven popular votes. Your frustrated party is unable to represent the majority.

Keep squawking. I've plainly explained the factor that causes it, and you've offered no rebuttal. I've clearly explained that a contest over popular vote is handled differently, and also results in a suppression of the GOP vote in the most populous State in the country.

That should go without saying, but - when being forced to address someone of your clearly limited abilities - it obviously can't.

I am sure that is your I pad's fault as well.

I wonder upon what you blame your lack of substantive rebuttal.

Bethere
11-16-2016, 02:25 PM
If you replace the word 'would' with the word 'who', does it suddenly come into focus for someone of your limited intellect?
Keep squawking. I've plainly explained the factor that causes it, and you've offered no rebuttal. I've clearly explained that a contest over popular vote is handled differently, and also results in a suppression of the GOP vote in the most populous State in the country.
That should go without saying, but - when being forced to address someone of your clearly limited abilities - it obviously can't.

I wonder upon what you blame your lack of substantive rebuttal.

Are you going to cry?

Bethere
11-16-2016, 02:28 PM
Are you choosing to deny that the same metric which prompts (D) votes in California doesn't also tangibly affect most other races and issues?

Additionally: are you choosing to deny that there exists a suppressive turn-out variable which results in fewer votes for down-ticket candidates as a result of not only the key factor I cite, but - also - the attractiveness of the candidate him/her self?

If you choose to deny, why is it that other liberals were crowing that Trump's unattractiveness was going to result in a possible House/Senate sweep as well?

Even attempting to argue with me on this obviously factual issue seems laughable.
Democrats got more congressional votes, too.

Captain Obvious
11-16-2016, 02:34 PM
That's nice, sweetheart.

See you on January 20th

Bethere
11-16-2016, 02:41 PM
That's nice, sweetheart.See you on January 20thClinton +1,222,000 votes.

Chris
11-16-2016, 02:49 PM
Clinton +1,222,000 votes.

Spit in the ocean.

Bethere
11-16-2016, 02:55 PM
Spit in the ocean.

You didn't even vote. That's fascinating behavior for a guy who moderates a political forum.

Pete voted for "Johnston. "

I don't believe either one of you.

maineman
11-16-2016, 02:56 PM

you have no facts, only opinions. I disagree with them. I think that many fiscally conservative republicans ALWAYS come out and vote on bond issues regardless of what contest tops the ticket. I think that many socially conservative republicans ALWAYS come out to vote for referenda that they strongly support or oppose....but those are only my opinions. I wonder how voter turnout was in California or New York when they were electing their republican governors on the off years? Is there any data that shows that the GOP turnout was significantly higher then than during presidential elections?

Captain Obvious
11-16-2016, 02:56 PM
1,222,001... 1,222,002... 1,222,003...

Bethere
11-16-2016, 02:58 PM
1,222,001... 1,222,002... 1,222,003...

https://www.google.com/search?q=fat+steelers+fans&client=tablet-android-samsung&prmd=isnv&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjs0Zrkh67QAhVhlFQKHc3gBVYQ_AUIBygB&biw=600&bih=1024

Subdermal
11-16-2016, 03:04 PM
Are you going to cry?

You're the one with lame last meaningless refuge of popular vote to which you're clinging. Your entire persona here has been one large sob since November 9th!

Bethere
11-16-2016, 03:05 PM
you have no facts, only opinions. I disagree with them. I think that many fiscally conservative republicans ALWAYS come out and vote on bond issues regardless of what contest tops the ticket. I think that many socially conservative republicans ALWAYS come out to vote for referenda that they strongly support or oppose....but those are only my opinions. I wonder how voter turnout was in California or New York when they were electing their republican governors on the off years? Is there any data that shows that the GOP turnout was significantly higher then than during presidential elections?
It's not his fault. His I-pad posted it for him.

Blame it on Apple.

Subdermal
11-16-2016, 03:17 PM
you have no facts, only opinions.

This may shock your microaggressed sensibilities, snowflake, but who is correct and who isn't doesn't solely reside in the perview of facts. If all decisions were solely fact-based, there would be no exploration or discovery.

And there certainly wouldn't be any such thing as a liberal.

I disagree with them.

This is your best stuff, huh? :biglaugh:

I think that many fiscally conservative republicans ALWAYS come out and vote on bond issues regardless of what contest tops the ticket. I think that many socially conservative republicans ALWAYS come out to vote for referenda that they strongly support or oppose....but those are only my opinions.

Your slip is showing. You know why I know you think your own "opinioned" attempt to refute my assertion is full of crap?

Because you didn't even bother to figure out whether or not there were any bond issues or referenda throughout enough of California to move such a needle. And now I'll pile on: leftists tend not to put such issues in a place where it will unnecessarily incentivize to vote a constituency with which they disagree.

So - if your "opinion" has sufficient merit - where are these bond or referenda issue which run Statewide in Cali? And what percent of GOP voters would still not respond to them?

I wonder how voter turnout was in California or New York when they were electing their republican governors on the off years? Is there any data that shows that the GOP turnout was significantly higher then than during presidential elections?

Why don't you look. It isn't my argument to make. Good luck.

Subdermal
11-16-2016, 03:18 PM
It's not his fault. His I-pad posted it for him.
Blame it on Apple.

Reducing you to a pedantic whore is ridiculously easy to do. You're a self-starter.

maineman
11-16-2016, 03:23 PM
Why don't you look. It isn't my argument to make. Good luck.

I have no need to. You act as if republicans in blue states are powerless weenies who hide at home on election day. If that makes YOU feel better, enjoy reveling in your own opinion.

Bethere
11-16-2016, 03:28 PM
Reducing you to a pedantic whore is ridiculously easy to do. You're a self-starter.

My 14-word post was hardly pedantic.

Get a dictionary, Republican.

Chris
11-16-2016, 03:31 PM

TBed for ignoring warnings.

Dr. Who
11-16-2016, 08:57 PM
You didn't even vote. That's fascinating behavior for a guy who moderates a political forum.

Pete voted for "Johnston. "

I don't believe either one of you.

A member's role as a mod is not germane to the topic any more than their profession off of this forum. Kindly confine your conversation to the topic at hand and don't try to use moderator status as part of your debate arsenal. It borders on a rule 9 infraction.

Bethere
11-16-2016, 09:10 PM
Hillary Clinton +1,232,000 votes.

hanger4
11-16-2016, 09:13 PM

And yet, nothing changes.

resister
11-16-2016, 09:16 PM
And yet, nothing changes.
Maybe if we get him some lego's and therapy dogs he will rejoin reality...How many days since the election?I bet he has no idea

Mister D
11-16-2016, 09:17 PM

Trump still POTUS. Hillary's career still over. :laugh:

Captain Obvious
11-16-2016, 09:18 PM

It's like watching an old dog humping a stuffed animal.

You almost feel bad for the guy but... it's fucking funny.

Bethere
11-16-2016, 09:20 PM

And for the 6th time in the last 7 presidential elections you and your frustrated party are unable to claim that you represent a majority of voters.

Mister D
11-16-2016, 09:23 PM
It's like watching an old dog humping a stuffed animal.

You almost feel bad for the guy but... it's $#@!ing funny.

lol Almost.

resister
11-16-2016, 09:23 PM
And for the 6th time in the last 7 presidential elections you and your frustrated party are unable to claim that you represent a majority of voters.
Who gives a shit about claims.We won you lose.Put some more cream on it little bear.Go celebrate with your lefty pals about your claim.Meanwhile ,people not in denial, are celebrating winning the election.Theres your tiny bone

Mister D
11-16-2016, 09:24 PM
But Trump has claimed the Presidency (all of it :laugh:) and Hillary's career is over.

Bethere
11-16-2016, 09:26 PM
Who gives a $#@! about claims.We won you lose.Put some more cream on it little bear.Go celebrate with your lefty pals about your claim.Meanwhile ,people not in denial, are celebrating winning the election.Theres your tiny bone

That this topic is on page 25 speaks loudly about how bothered you are by the truth that I so willingly provide.

hanger4
11-16-2016, 09:28 PM

And still irrelevant.

Bethere
11-16-2016, 09:29 PM
But Trump has claimed the Presidency (all of it :laugh:) and Hillary's career is over.

Stooges of the KGB you should all be embarrassed.

Mister D
11-16-2016, 09:33 PM
Stooges of the KGB you should all be embarrassed.

Pssst...the USSR no longer exists. It's buried next to Hillary's career. :laugh:

Mister D
11-16-2016, 09:35 PM
And still irrelevant.
It really does appear that this man is having a crisis. Earlier his cyber buddies (doc and nutley) were saying how much they admired him returning so soon after Hillary's humiliating defeat. Seriously? Some friends!