PDA

View Full Version : Quelling panic in the ranks is Job 1 for Obama campaign

Chris
10-14-2012, 06:03 PM
There’s not a dry mattress, pair of skivvies or delicate lace panty anywhere out there. The president is chasing an imaginary bird, the pollsters are choking back panic (“Has our methodology been wrong?”), and the media glitteries are even more hysterical than usual. (“How can anyone as wonderful as us be so wrong?”)

Democratic disarray lies all about. Change and decay in all around they see.

Quelling panic in the ranks is currently Job 1 for the Obama campaign. David Plouffe, a senior adviser to President Obama, professes not to fret about “the fundamentals” and says the panic in the ranks is nothing more than an outbreak of “bed-wetters.”

...It’s dawning on Democrats and their faithful media sages, so gleeful only yesterday, that it’s possible their man might soon have plenty of time to work on his putts and hoops.

...The media glitteries, no longer satisfied to be mere journalists, reckon themselves a mighty army marching as to war, with the banner of the messiah of Chicago going on before. They feel no shame for abandoning duty. There’s no one any longer available to enforce the discipline of a serious newsroom.

When Abe Rosenthal, the late executive editor of The New York Times, once decreed that reporters, columnists and editors could not march in partisan causes no matter how worthy, one of his reporters demanded to know why. Didn’t she have First Amendment rights, too?

“Of course you do,” Abe replied. “You can [have sex with] an elephant, if that’s your taste. But if you do, you can’t cover the circus.”

@ Quelling panic in the ranks is Job 1 for Obama campaign (http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/oct/12/pruden-quelling-panic-in-the-ranks-is-job-1-for-ob/#ixzz29JiDHGrn)

With his fellow travelers in disarray, Obama's got his job cut out for him (pun intended).

GrassrootsConservative
10-14-2012, 06:07 PM
These fools are so screwed.

Canadianeye
10-14-2012, 06:14 PM
These fools are so screwed.

I read an interesting piece, about trying to ascertain, when the Liberal/Progressive faithful...will dump him, to SAVE modern liberalism/progressivism.

Arguably, it certainly seems to be reaching that zenith.

Chris
10-14-2012, 07:29 PM
Almost too late though, with election nigh on a month away. That might be cause to panic.

Deadwood
10-14-2012, 07:49 PM
Almost too late though, with election nigh on a month away. That might be cause to panic.

That panic may be closer than most would think.

There are three recent events that show that the Obama election team is scrambling if not already panicked.

First was the 47% thing. It failed. They ended up losing ground because of the fraudulent nature it was obtained, the timing oif its release and how it was coordinated with a media campaign. Few electors like to be so obviously manipulated.

Then there was the absurd performance in the Benghazi matter. insisting, after it was revealed otherwise that it was a spontaneous demonstration - shit, even Shaarona/Margot has let go of that one...and the ensuing dribble stemming from that.

And then, of course, was the debate. I believe Obama's "low key" approach was a strategy gone awry. If that was planned it is a clear indication they are at least concerned,if not fearful of Romney's image power, something they had not counted on. Remember, this guy has never really been tested. Hillary got rolled over by him and his "rock star" status and McCain/Palin became a joke over which he strolled.
Now he has a serious contender for the first time, and for the first time they are behind on the scoreboard. I don't think they know what to do and are spewing goo....Biden's performance was clear to me that they are 'experimenting', which at this point is dangerous.

Panic...maybe not yet, but close.

coolwalker
10-15-2012, 12:34 PM
The sitting president is always given the edge by the media. Romney sits in a strange place, teetering on the brink of falling either in the White House or out of it.

Cigar
10-15-2012, 12:38 PM
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/chasc5/keep-calm-vote-obama-Favimcom-541428.jpg

coolwalker
10-15-2012, 01:07 PM
I'm calm Cigar and smart enough to realize he has failed to lead us down the proper path.

head of joaquin
10-15-2012, 01:21 PM
@ Quelling panic in the ranks is Job 1 for Obama campaign (http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/oct/12/pruden-quelling-panic-in-the-ranks-is-job-1-for-ob/#ixzz29JiDHGrn)

With his fellow travelers in disarray, Obama's got his job cut out for him (pun intended).

The panic meme. Even though Obama is leading in most swing states.

Where do you tea baggers get this creative stuff?

Chris
10-15-2012, 06:53 PM
The panic meme. Even though Obama is leading in most swing states.

Where do you tea baggers get this creative stuff?

Troll.

Mainecoons
10-15-2012, 06:59 PM
Don't be misled by the poor mouthing. Obama is trying to get out his less than enthusiastic vote and keep those ballot fraudsters motivated. The election is still his to lose and he's going to have yet another leftist debate "moderator" helping him out tomorrow night. Don't look for a repeat of that first dismal performance.

What I am hearing from the circle of small business people and investors that I travel in that most will be pulling in their horns, pulling the plug and trying to keep what they have if Obama gets a second term. We'll be doing the same, expect to let an office building that did great until Obama got it, go to default. Despite a prime location in Texas, leasing has dried up there and at all the buildings in the area. Just not making enough money to keep the doors open now and all of our leasings prospects, all small professional businesses, are saying "call us after the election."

Chris
10-15-2012, 07:08 PM
Don't be misled by the poor mouthing. Obama is trying to get out his less than enthusiastic vote and keep those ballot fraudsters motivated. The election is still his to lose and he's going to have yet another leftist debate "moderator" helping him out tomorrow night. Don't look for a repeat of that first dismal performance.

What I am hearing from the circle of small business people and investors that I travel in that most will be pulling in their horns, pulling the plug and trying to keep what they have if Obama gets a second term. We'll be doing the same, expect to let an office building that did great until Obama got it, go to default. Despite a prime location in Texas, leasing has dried up there and at all the buildings in the area. Just not making enough money to keep the doors open now and all of our leasings prospects, all small professional businesses, are saying "call us after the election."

Agree, and well-reasoned. This election isn't over till the fat lady sings.

Trinnity
10-15-2012, 07:22 PM

What I am hearing from the circle of small business people and investors that I travel in that most will be pulling in their horns, pulling the plug and trying to keep what they have if Obama gets a second term. We'll be doing the same, expect to let an office building that did great until Obama got it, go to default. Despite a prime location in Texas, leasing has dried up there and at all the buildings in the area. Just not making enough money to keep the doors open now and all of our leasings prospects, all small professional businesses, are saying "call us after the election."This ^

The lefties who support Obama are mealy-mouthed, OWS, commie, wannabees. Who are you lefties gonna "take" from when there's no jobs and no business?

Mainecoons
10-15-2012, 07:25 PM
That's why their ideas always end up in the same place--everyone is poor.

head of joaquin
10-15-2012, 07:45 PM
"Ballot fraudster" You just have to love how teabaggers' minds circle around conspiracy theories from rightwing websites. It's their version of "thinking"

Deadwood
10-15-2012, 07:49 PM

A medium sized contracting business in Bellingham WA is going the same way. They had about 200 employees in 2009, but have been laying off 25 to 50 a year and now use only part time workers. They have closed their main HQ and let go the leases on most of their equipment. They can't get any government work as it all goes to a start up company made up of Democrat pols. They build a few decks here and there, put in a marina last summer and that's it.

If Obama gets re-elected, the partners intend to fold, one of them is coming here to join an established firm. They will simply default on their lease and walk away.

They've been in business for 27 years.

Deadwood
10-15-2012, 07:50 PM
"Ballot fraudster" You just have to love how teabaggers' minds circle around conspiracy theories from rightwing websites. It's their version of "thinking"

Meme

head of joaquin
10-15-2012, 07:51 PM
A medium sized contracting business in Bellingham WA is going the same way. They had about 200 employees in 2009, but have been laying off 25 to 50 a year and now use only part time workers. They have closed their main HQ and let go the leases on most of their equipment. They can't get any government work as it all goes to a start up company made up of Democrat pols. They build a few decks here and there, put in a marina last summer and that's it.

If Obama gets re-elected, the partners intend to fold, one of them is coming here to join an established firm. They will simply default on their lease and walk away.

They've been in business for 27 years.

Yeah, the Bush Meltdown will take years to recover from, especially since the GOP has blocked real stimulus, and refused to raise taxes on the idle rich.

Deadwood
10-15-2012, 08:03 PM

Isn't "teabaggers" a meme?

And isn't the movement kind of dead?

Just asking 'cause your the only one uses the term anymore. What's with that?

Chris
10-15-2012, 08:55 PM
Isn't "teabaggers" a meme?

And isn't the movement kind of dead?

Just asking 'cause your the only one uses the term anymore. What's with that?

I'd call it trolling. Locked in the past. If not that meme then the blame it on Bush meme. It's kind of confused when Bush was a big government liberal.