PDA

View Full Version : Still finding isolated tribes of people

spunkloaf
06-26-2011, 05:14 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/livescience/20110624/sc_livescience/existenceofuncontactedamazontribeconfirmed

From the article:

"Brazilian officials have confirmed the existence of approximately 200 Indians who live in the western Amazon with no contact with the outside world.

"This uncontacted tribe is not "lost" or unknown, according to tribal advocacy group Survival International. In fact, about 2,000 uncontacted Indians are suspected to live in the Javari Valley where the tribe's homes were seen from the air. But confirming the tribe's existence enables government authorities to monitor the area and protect the tribe's way of life.

"In 2008, Survival International released photos of another uncontacted tribe near the Brazil-Peru border. The striking images revealed men aiming arrows skyward at the plane photographing them."

Doesn't this help to put things a bit more into perspective? It's a big world and humans are still a very young species. We must be like aliens to these isolated Indians, as they are pointing their arrows at our modern, loud giant metallic birds.

In other news, Firefox does not seem to recognize "uncontacted" as grammatically correct.

Captain Obvious
06-26-2011, 08:36 PM
They ought to send a camera crew to Gallipolis, OH.

spunkloaf
06-26-2011, 08:39 PM
;D

Mister D
06-26-2011, 08:45 PM
I liked Apocalypto. I rarely watch movies now but that happened to be on one day and it managed to hold my interest.

MMC
06-27-2011, 12:08 AM
They are also finding other older civilizations that are predating anything older than Biblical Accounts, and we are not talking Cro-magnum or Neanderthal.

spunkloaf
06-27-2011, 12:43 AM
Wouldn't it be creepy to find neanderthals or cro-magnon people? Exciting yes but creepy as well. I would think the same way about a biblical miracle happening.

Mister D
06-27-2011, 11:37 AM
They are also finding other older civilizations that are predating anything older than Biblical Accounts, and we are not talking Cro-magnum or Neanderthal.

The oldest discovered urban areas are around 10K years if I'm not mistaken. Biblical Jericho, for example, has been inhabited since around 8000 BC.

MMC
06-27-2011, 12:04 PM
Hiya D.....are you familiar with the site in Turkey? Or the City they found in the Indus Valley. Both predate the Hebrews History. Both dating back to 11,000 and 12,000 thousand years ago.

What is amazing about the site in the Indua valley is the bitrification of the entire site. Skeletal reamins were found in the middle f the city. As if whatever happened happend quick and instantly. None of the remains have decayed. Due to being like glass.

The Site in Turkey has all attention in the world by the top of their fields in archeology and geology.

Mister D
06-27-2011, 12:10 PM
Hiya D.....are you familiar with the site in Turkey? Or the City they found in the Indus Valley. Both predate the Hebrews History. Both dating back to 11,000 and 12,000 thousand years ago.

What is amazing about the site in the Indua valley is the bitrification of the entire site. Skeletal reamins were found in the middle f the city. As if whatever happened happend quick and instantly. None of the remains have decayed. Due to being like glass.

The Site in Turkey has all attention in the world by the top of their fields in archeology and geology.

The Hebrews are relative late comers. Early Bronze Age, perhaps (1200 BC)? There was a "dark age" after the collapse of the Hittite Empire and the contraction of Egypt's New Kingdom. when it breaks and the sources reappear the Hebrews are in the Levant. How they got there is a matter of some dispute.

I recall something about the city in the Indus val;ley but iot was on some alien astronaut show so I have to take it with a grain of salt. Anatolia (Turkey) is where urban settlements first appeared.

MMC
06-27-2011, 12:39 PM
Gobekli Tepe is the site they are looking at now in Turkey. Is this the one you are relating to?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G%C3%B6bekli_Tepe

Göbekli Tepe (Turkish for "Potbelly Hill") is a hilltop sanctuary erected on the highest point of an elongated mountain ridge some 15 kilometres (9.3 mi) northeast of the town of Şanlıurfa (formerly Urfa / Edessa) in southeastern Turkey. The site, currently undergoing excavation by German and Turkish archaeologists, was erected by hunter-gatherers in the 9th millennium BC (c. 11,000 years ago). Together with Nevalı Çori, it has revolutionized[1] understanding of the Eurasian Neolithic.

http://ts1.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=934049422156&id=b1d32e0af5315412dd6d9e8d68d043d6&url=http%3a%2f%2fwww.amnation.com%2fvfr%2fcarved%2 520stone%2520columns%2520in%2520Turkey.jpg

History is about to be re-written.....my friend.

Mister D
06-27-2011, 12:43 PM
Gobekli Tepe is the site they are looking at now in Turkey. Is this the one you are relating to?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G%C3%B6bekli_Tepe

Göbekli Tepe (Turkish for "Potbelly Hill") is a hilltop sanctuary erected on the highest point of an elongated mountain ridge some 15 kilometres (9.3 mi) northeast of the town of Şanlıurfa (formerly Urfa / Edessa) in southeastern Turkey. The site, currently undergoing excavation by German and Turkish archaeologists, was erected by hunter-gatherers in the 9th millennium BC (c. 11,000 years ago). Together with Nevalı Çori, it has revolutionized[1] understanding of the Eurasian Neolithic.

http://ts1.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=934049422156&id=b1d32e0af5315412dd6d9e8d68d043d6&url=http%3a%2f%2fwww.amnation.com%2fvfr%2fcarved%2 520stone%2520columns%2520in%2520Turkey.jpg

History is about to be re-written.....my friend.

I remember this. Thanks. Keep in mind though that this is a ceremonial site, not a settlement. It looks like there were communities nearby but this was not actually a place where people lived.

MMC
06-27-2011, 01:31 PM
http://ts3.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=988126457114&id=e33c43578ae2992c664668bbf570dff0&url=http%3a%2f%2fi.ytimg.com%2fvi%2f5llgDKAEkMU%2f 0.jpghttp://ts3.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=987047202162&id=83ff395db84222bbae29eb93a37ad8e5&url=http%3a%2f%2fimages.travelpod.com%2fusers%2fol drover%2f1.1246729455.overview-of-main-dig.jpg

Have you seen the Concentric Circles they now have found that were buried under ground. Plus now they are finding evidence of a few homes. Don't know if it is a community though. Here is another couple of pics on such.

Mister D
06-27-2011, 01:54 PM
I'll check this info out later. It would be interesting to if anyone was actually living there. One of the major theories regarding the origin of urban life is that the first cities grew up around ceremonials sites.

MMC
06-27-2011, 02:14 PM
So what is your take on Ancient Civilizations and the AAT? (Ancient Astronauts Theory.) Theses guys are not all about just UFO's. Plus now Archeologists and Geologists are now starting to align more to this theory.

Wherein the likes of Van Danikein and the Nazca Lines forced mainstream science to get up off their asses and either give us the truth or debunk shit. Chariots of the GODS open a lot of peoples minds.

Schock is one of the top Geologists in the World. He is the one that discovered the tomb or vault under the Sphyinx and wasn't even looking for it. He was there doing some other testing. Which btw, the Egyptians have refused any to check into it.

Also there were the Sumerian Writings and then there are thos of India.

Mister D
06-27-2011, 02:18 PM
So what is your take on Ancient Civilizations and the AAT? (Ancient Astronauts Theory.) Theses guys are not all about just UFO's. Plus now Archeologists and Geologists are now starting to align more to this theory.

Wherein the likes of Van Danikein and the Nazca Lines forced mainstream science to get up off their asses and either give us the truth or debunk shit. Chariots of the GODS open a lot of peoples minds.

Schock is one of the top Geologists in the World. He is the one that discovered the tomb or vault under the Sphyinx and wasn't even looking for it. He was there doing some other testing. Which btw, the Egyptians have refused any to check into it.

Also there were the Sumerian Writings and then there are thos of India.

Honestly, I think its all rather silly. i don't think mainstream scientist, for example, believes that the Nazca Lines were created for or by aliens.

MMC
06-27-2011, 02:44 PM
Hmmmm.....and then what would your take be on NASA and their 180 degree change on that issue of life elsewheres?

Also The same can be said for the Catholic Church a complete 180 degree turnabout.

There are more and more scientists in physical scienses that are moving in that direction. Hence my putting Shock up there. Which is why there is more being released in the World of Media. Bit by bit. As ex-military, I do not dismissed military accounts of procedure which are taken when encountering such phenomenon. Still with archeologists and geologists all moving in this direction seems many of the scientists are getting on the band-wagon too.

The World of Media has been slowly releasing information to the public. Every major News Station around the World has aired some sort of special on this. Perhaps it is as the AAT's say. The evidence has been all around us the whole time. That maybe humanity just did't want to admit it. Understandably now most know why No Government can admit to not being able to secure their Skies. Thus their Country.

Interesting.....here in this day and age we call them Exterterrestrials and Aliens. In mans beginning they were calling them Gods. Truthfully, I have this feeling that the man-made religions through-out the World are about to be rocked to their Foundations. That we are being prepared for it. ;)

Note also the UN has created a panel to deal with this measure as on who will be the one to speak for Humanity. What will and is the approach and how do we go about any type of contact.

Mister D
06-27-2011, 02:59 PM
Hmmmm.....and then what would your take be on NASA and their 180 degree change on that issue of life elsewheres?

Also The same can be said for the Catholic Church a complete 180 degree turnabout.

There are more and more scientists in physical scienses that are moving in that direction. Hence my putting Shock up there. Which is why there is more being released in the World of Media. Bit by bit. As ex-military, I do not dismissed military accounts of procedure which are taken when encountering such phenomenon. Still with archeologists and geologists all moving in this direction seems many of the scientists are getting on the band-wagon too.

The World of Media has been slowly releasing information to the public. Every major News Station around the World has aired some sort of special on this. Perhaps it is as the AAT's say. The evidence has been all around us the whole time. That maybe humanity just did't want to admit it. Understandably now most know why No Government can admit to not being able to secure their Skies. Thus their Country.

Interesting.....here in this day and age we call them Exterterrestrials and Aliens. In mans beginning they were calling them Gods. Truthfully, I have this feeling that the man-made religions through-out the World are about to be rocked to their Foundations. That we are being prepared for it. ;)

Note also the UN has created a panel to deal with this measure as on who will be the one to speak for Humanity. What will and is the approach and how do we go about any type of contact.

The issue of life elsewhere is only tangentially related and I don't think the RCC has ever had an official policy on extra-terrestrial life. I see no evidence whatsoever for alien visitation but I have no problems with a belief in life outside our solar system. Moreover, I don't think it's at all incompatible with Christianity.

Conley
06-27-2011, 03:03 PM
From a survival stand point, I think shooting radio waves off and trying to get the attention of an alien civilization is a really dumb idea. If an alien species has the technology to reach Earth, they'll no doubt be able to enslave us, take all the water or mineral resources available, etc. They might even look at us the way we look at ants. Squish. Just assuming they'll come in peace is really stupid...I don't know of any species that is naturally peaceful.

also, in case you were wondering...

* no marijuana or other illicit substances were used in the forming of this post *

MMC
06-27-2011, 08:34 PM
Actually Radio waves are just a commonnality that if there are other advanced civilizations they would be aware of them. Also with Seti they sent out the Gold record. The Amazing thing was they used Ancient Sumerian Writings.

Also there is the city in Mexico.....carbon dating has gone back to 17,000 years. Not to mention there are other spots within the Mexican City that they cannot get no reading on. Then there is Puma Punku in Peru the enigma to all and the one place(like Georgio Tsakalous says) makes the Pyrmaids of Giza look like Child's Play.

Mister D
06-27-2011, 09:20 PM
Conley has a good point. They could just kill us all. Why assume that life capable of reaching us would be happy to meet us.

Guys, To Serve Man...it's a cookbook! :o :o :o

MMC
06-27-2011, 09:46 PM
That is the same thing Hawkings stated as well. Thinking Conquest would be the name of the game. At least when it comes to resources. Also there is the factor that something here on this planet could kill their lifeform. Like a human being's common cold etc etc.