PDA

View Full Version : Ok! We're shocked! For the 5th or 6th time......

AZ Jim
11-10-2016, 05:45 PM
The electoral vote has vetoed what the voters of our country as asked for at the polls. We can only move on with purpose. My goals are to hold this Presidents feet to the fire. He made many promises, we need to make sure most of the most destructive of them are not achieved. More people stand in opposition to Trumps ideas and ideals, we need to make sure he changes his mind faced with the reality of his responsibility. It's not impossible, if we are active to monitor this man to keep him from being the ass he ran as. Let's be prepared not to stop caring, but rather train him to be a decent human.

resister
11-10-2016, 05:47 PM
The electoral vote has vetoed what the voters of our country as asked for at the polls. We can only move on with purpose. My goals are to hold this Presidents feet to the fire. He made many promises, we need to make sure most of the most destructive of them are not achieved. More people stand in opposition to Trumps ideas and ideals, we need to make sure he changes his mind faced with the reality of his responsibility. It's not impossible, if we are active to monitor this man to keep him from being the ass he ran as. Let's be prepared not to stop caring, but rather train him to be a decent human.
Gonna march to the WH and give him a good,stern talking to?

Boris The Animal
11-10-2016, 05:50 PM
From what I've heard (and read), Trump's work ethic is second to none, not to mention he does well in surrounding himself with good advisors and is a quick learner. But this is the first thing we agree on, Jimbo. He does need to remember that he works for us.

Mark III
11-10-2016, 05:59 PM
Trump will be overwhelmed by his duties and responsibilities and lose interest early on, other than for the big ticket items. He will be 'handled' during his time in the White House, serving as the front man for people who know far about it than he does, or wants to. There will be a constant endeavor to smooth over or blur every stupid thing he says or does, and it will look like a magic act.

Chris
11-10-2016, 06:04 PM

Good, that's what the people are supposed to do.

AZ Jim
11-10-2016, 06:06 PM
In case it isn't clear in my OP, Trump is a arrogant, spoiled, egotistical, misogynistic, lying, racist asshole. Make no mistake about that right out of the starting gate.

birddog
11-10-2016, 06:11 PM
In case it isn't clear in my OP, Trump is a arrogant, spoiled, egotistical, misogynistic, lying, racist $#@!. Make no mistake about that right out of the starting gate.

Sounds like a far better description of B. Hussein Obama! At least Trump is a natural born citizen and a heterosexual !

resister
11-10-2016, 06:14 PM
trump will be overwhelmed by his duties and responsibilities and lose interest early on, other than for the big ticket items. He will be 'handled' during his time in the white house, serving as the front man for people who know far about it than he does, or wants to. There will be a constant endeavor to smooth over or blur every stupid thing he says or does, and it will look like a magic act.hater!!did you cry when you got the news also?

Boris The Animal
11-10-2016, 06:17 PM
hater!!did you cry when you got the news also?I love watching Liberals' heads exploding right now. Their collective (pun intended) temper tantrum is truly a sight to behold and puts their character on full, naked display for all to see.

Chris
11-10-2016, 06:19 PM
In case it isn't clear in my OP, Trump is a arrogant, spoiled, egotistical, misogynistic, lying, racist asshole. Make no mistake about that right out of the starting gate.

That may all be true but as the opposition you will have to argue with his policies. In that I'll join you.

exploited
11-10-2016, 06:19 PM
If there is one thing I'll give Donald Trump, he has tremendous motivation and determination. There is no question about it.

I don't think he is going to be a pushover to his favoured advisers, like GWB Jr. was. If his campaign gives any indication, it will be hard for him to find and keep staff.

The problem is that he has to work with the same men and women he spent the last two years humiliating and insulting. Which was hilarious, to be fair - I enjoyed seeing him lay out his competitors as much as anyone. It was almost as good as the times he starred in the WWE. But the reality of Presidential politics creates the very real possibility that President Trump will self-destruct.

I also fear him interacting with a man like Putin, who is exponentially more intelligent, experienced and accomplished than Trump.

I simply do not think Trump is ready for this kind of political responsibility. The regret is going to come hard and fast. He is going to appoint all establishment, and then either piss them off (in which case he can't do anything outside EOs), or go along with what they say. Just watch.

Don
11-10-2016, 06:22 PM
Let the guy take office and be president for a while. You can bet that the people who are sick and tired of the lies from the democrats and republicans over the past several decades intend to hold his feet to the fire. They are the reason he got elected.

resister
11-10-2016, 06:23 PM
TRUMPS NEVER GONNA WIN!!!now all you have left is to say how much hes gonna suck.you'll be just as wrong on both accounts

hanger4
11-10-2016, 06:25 PM
Trump will be overwhelmed by his duties and responsibilities and lose interest early on, other than for the big ticket items. He will be 'handled' during his time in the White House, serving as the front man for people who know far about it than he does, or wants to. There will be a constant endeavor to smooth over or blur every stupid thing he says or does, and it will look like a magic act.

Your predictions and assumptions are suspect.

Isn't It True That The Election Is A Forgone Conclusion ?

http://thepoliticalforums.com/threads/72805-Isn-t-It-True-That-The-Election-Is-A-Forgone-Conclusion

resister
11-10-2016, 06:29 PM

http://thepoliticalforums.com/threads/72805-Isn-t-It-True-That-The-Election-Is-A-Forgone-Conclusion
They were certain it would never happen.And now they think we should believe there forecast.Good thing they don't work a psychic hotline

Boris The Animal
11-10-2016, 06:33 PM

http://thepoliticalforums.com/threads/72805-Isn-t-It-True-That-The-Election-Is-A-Forgone-ConclusionWe heard the same garbage about Reagan during the 1980 race with Carter. The Establishment HATED him as well. But if history is any indicator, I think the most lopsided vote in US Presidential election history may be matched in 2020.

Don
11-10-2016, 06:53 PM

That's funny. It appears that Trump will have 306 electoral votes when the counting is done.

FindersKeepers
11-10-2016, 06:54 PM
The electoral vote has vetoed what the voters of our country as asked for at the polls. We can only move on with purpose. My goals are to hold this Presidents feet to the fire.

It's okay to hold a president's "feet to the fire."

He made many promises, we need to make sure most of the most destructive of them are not achieved. More people stand in opposition to Trumps ideas and ideals, we need to make sure he changes his mind faced with the reality of his responsibility. It's not impossible, if we are active to monitor this man to keep him from being the ass he ran as. Let's be prepared not to stop caring, but rather train him to be a decent human.

He's already moderating -- calming down his rhetoric. But, he did say he wants improved border control, reformed healthcare and a better economy today.

All the GOP elites who were trashing him are now falling all over themselves to sing his praises.

There won't be too much you can stop -- not until the midterms anyway.

But, I don't think you'll have to. I don't think he's going to follow through on a lot of the "fringe" things.

valley ranch
11-10-2016, 07:03 PM
I agree with much said here. Donald Trump, now President Elect. When acting candidate~We saw General calling to battle, the fighter attacking every foe. We won't see that person again when he talks at us~we will see the Commander in Chief, as we should.
There were, pointed out, things that really must be done, and others that should never happen.

We, America, should never be cheated by contract in business, American Business should not be driven to other countries and persons permitted to come here, from those countries, to take the jobs remaining, that's financial suicide.

We can't foot the bill in material and blood, be policeman and border patrol for the world, those we help have to join in with manpower and cash.

We, Americans, have a good lot to do, much that is overdue. Let's see that it's done, let's help, it's in our best interest.

Don
11-10-2016, 07:12 PM
It's okay to hold a president's "feet to the fire."

He's already moderating -- calming down his rhetoric. But, he did say he wants improved border control, reformed healthcare and a better economy today.

All the GOP elites who were trashing him are now falling all over themselves to sing his praises.

There won't be too much you can stop -- not until the midterms anyway.

But, I don't think you'll have to. I don't think he's going to follow through on a lot of the "fringe" things.
Politicians want to be reelected. Most of them blow with the wind. Many of the republican establishment politicians will go along with trump and many of them will act like they really agreed with him all along. If they do, good. If they don't we'll vote them out.

CaveDog
11-10-2016, 07:42 PM
You've got to be kidding. Her lead is something like 0.27% in the popular vote. Hardly a mandate.

MRogersNhood
11-10-2016, 07:57 PM

Oh really? It seems to me America has spoken and this is you;Before you go off on some crap about popular vote,would you like a recount minus the dead people that voted?Are you for that? Guess what?If it happened, Trump would win that too.

http://curtislowe.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/fingers-in-ears.jpg

Common
11-10-2016, 08:13 PM

AND THERE IT IS FOLKS< MARK3 KNOWS BEST on everything lol

Common
11-10-2016, 08:15 PM
TRUMPS NEVER GONNA WIN!!!now all you have left is to say how much hes gonna suck.you'll be just as wrong on both accounts
I can name the people that told me here, that trump didnt stand a chance hillary 100% will be pres.

I havent told them I told you so, a few have been gracious so far. A couple have been well liberals yanno