PDA

View Full Version : That thar wall.

Croft
11-11-2016, 08:17 AM
All I care about is Trump announcing the putting out of contracts for the wall. Hopefully hundreds of construction companies can get good orders and get to work.
It'll also be fascinating to see good old American ingenuity in solving the engineering problems. Could be the best bit of work since the railroads in the 19th century.

I'm saying he puts out the contracts the day after his inauguration.

Any opinions on how long till he gets it going?

Crepitus
11-11-2016, 08:18 AM
Never. It's a stupid idea that he is already moderating.

del
11-11-2016, 09:23 AM
i'd rather they did something crazy like fix the roads.

that wall will be built right after the mexicans deliver 300 burro loads of krugerands

if i were you, i'd hold my breath

Cigar
11-11-2016, 09:27 AM
All I care about is Trump announcing the putting out of contracts for the wall. Hopefully hundreds of construction companies can get good orders and get to work.
It'll also be fascinating to see good old American ingenuity in solving the engineering problems. Could be the best bit of work since the railroads in the 19th century.

Don't forget that Gorgeous Door. :laugh:

BTW ... and Idea where the money is coming from, word has it from the last 8 years ... that we don't have any money for Infrastructure Projects ... Remember?

resister
11-11-2016, 09:50 AM

BTW ... and Idea where the money is coming from, word has it from the last 8 years ... that we don't have any money for Infrastructure Projects ... Remember?
Tariffs on Mexican imports

Cigar
11-11-2016, 09:51 AM

I'll add that to the list of promises

Chris
11-11-2016, 10:22 AM

Which US consumers will pay. Mercantilist ideas so good they never die.

NapRover
11-11-2016, 10:27 AM
If he doesn't build it, there will be an extreme backlash! That said, securing the border is what we want. If troops are needed vs a wall, it's ok.

decedent
11-11-2016, 10:30 AM
If he doesn't build it, there will be an extreme backlash!

He hasn't mentioned the wall in ages.

When Republicans run in primaries they say bombastic things to get attention. After thee primaries, they settle down a bit.

JDubya
11-11-2016, 10:30 AM
Congress will never approve funding for it.

Trump has always known it, too.

I'm sure his plan is to tell us "I tried, but Congress stood in the way."

Was never anything but empty campaign rhetoric designed to hook and reel in the slow fish.

JDubya
11-11-2016, 10:33 AM
He hasn't mentioned the wall in ages.

When Republicans run in primaries they say bombastic things to get attention. After thee primaries, they settle down a bit.
Get the dummies and morons clapping like trained seals then toss them a couple of sardines and forget about them.

And they won't even care, because he'll distract them with some other bullshit that'll get them clapping again.

Croft
11-11-2016, 10:34 AM

BTW ... and Idea where the money is coming from, word has it from the last 8 years ... that we don't have any money for Infrastructure Projects ... Remember? Well the President Elect says the Mexicans will pay for it.

decedent
11-11-2016, 10:35 AM
Get the dummies and morons clapping like trained seals then toss them a couple of sardines and forget about them.

And they won't even care, because he'll distract them with some other bull$#@! that'll get them clapping again.

I'm sure he'll keep a few of his hundreds of promises. Like forcing Oreos to be made in America again with an executive order (he really said he'd do that).

Croft
11-11-2016, 10:37 AM
Congress will never approve funding for it.

Trump has always known it, too.

I'm sure his plan is to tell us "I tried, but Congress stood in the way."

Was never anything but empty campaign rhetoric designed to hook and reel in the slow fish.

The Republicans control Congress. The President can just point at any who block it and tell the voters these are the traitors to vote out.

Archer0915
11-11-2016, 10:44 AM
Build the WALL! And help mexico build one! The Donald got one big thing wrong! It is not really the Mexicans that are the issue it is the people coming through Mexico!

How to build the wall properly! First step, put a wall on the Mexican southern border! Next get one up on the US mexico border.

JDubya
11-11-2016, 10:45 AM
The Republicans control Congress. The President can just point at any who block it and tell the voters these are the traitors to vote out.

Nonsense.

Once they break down the unbelievable cost to not only build it, but to staff and maintain it into perpetuity, then show how much taxes would have to be raised to pay for it all, even the stupidest Trump voting troglydite will understand what a bone-headed idea it was to begin with.

JDubya
11-11-2016, 10:49 AM
Build the WALL! And help mexico build one! The Donald got one big thing wrong! It is not really the Mexicans that are the issue it is the people coming through Mexico!
How to build the wall properly! First step, put a wall on the Mexican southern border! Next get one up on the US mexico border.

And of course it would be impossible to sabotage it by blowing holes in it with explosives constantly.

They could have us spending massive amounts of time and resources constantly repairing damage to it.

I would laugh, too.

NapRover
11-11-2016, 10:56 AM
Nonsense.

Once they break down the unbelievable cost to not only build it, but to staff and maintain it into perpetuity, then show how much taxes would have to be raised to pay for it all, even the stupidest Trump voting troglydite will understand what a bone-headed idea it was to begin with.

What is really bone-headed is importing 10's of millions of illegals to replace people leaving California in droves, and causing other states to turn blue with imminent amnesty under dems

Croft
11-11-2016, 10:57 AM
Nonsense.

Make it part of the military budget. Any one who won't pay for America's security is a traitor.

Standing Wolf
11-11-2016, 10:59 AM
There will never be a wall on the Mexican border. The idea is beyond ludicrous, and always has been. Employer sanctions and improved electronic surveillance are what is needed.

Croft
11-11-2016, 10:59 AM
What is really bone-headed is importing 10's of millions of illegals to replace people leaving California in droves, and causing other states to turn blue with imminent amnesty under dems
The more illegals moved into California the more blacks and whites left it. Not really surprising it's a Democrat powerhouse. The whites who objected just left.

Peter1469
11-11-2016, 11:04 AM
Their already are walls in place. And a virtual wall is just as good or better than a solid wall.

The result is the key: keep illegals out. Or at least don't let them suck up our resources.

Common Sense
11-11-2016, 11:08 AM
People tend to ignore the fact that Obama has deported more illegals than any other president and that the current border is the strongest ever.

Some people need a symbolic wall to help them feel safe I guess...

Cigar
11-11-2016, 11:10 AM
People tend to ignore the fact that Obama has deported more illegals than any other president and that the current border is the strongest ever.

... and Built a Wall in California all without bragging about it :laugh:

Standing Wolf
11-11-2016, 11:22 AM

People also tend to forget that the great majority of those in this country illegally came her legally and simply overstayed their visas. Short of putting tracking chips in all visitors, how do you deal with something like that?

Archer0915
11-11-2016, 11:31 AM
And of course it would be impossible to sabotage it by blowing holes in it with explosives constantly.

They could have us spending massive amounts of time and resources constantly repairing damage to it.

I would laugh, too.
For me the proper wall is a sniper and a spotter every 1/4 mile with 3 AH64 gunships and two UH60s with troops every 50 miles as support.

It will cost nothing as we have the troops and equipment! Fuck the unarmed border bullshit! It will be better for Mexico as well because it will slow the flow of illegals through their country from the south!

We can help them with their southern border.

We have the manpower on the payroll! We have the equipment paid for! It will not cost anything extra and save the US and Mexico a bundle of money.

Croft
11-11-2016, 12:11 PM
People also tend to forget that the great majority of those in this country illegally came her legally and simply overstayed their visas. Short of putting tracking chips in all visitors, how do you deal with something like that?
Fine people who employ them and deport them when you catch them. And have it that anyone deported can never be let in again for any reason... temporary work study etc. They're gone for good.

Peter1469
11-11-2016, 12:48 PM
For me the proper wall is a sniper and a spotter every 1/4 mile with 3 AH64 gunships and two UH60s with troops every 50 miles as support.

It will cost nothing as we have the troops and equipment! Fuck the unarmed border bullshit! It will be better for Mexico as well because it will slow the flow of illegals through their country from the south!

We have the manpower on the payroll! We have the equipment paid for! It will not cost anything extra and save the US and Mexico a bundle of money.

We have miniature drones now that are lethal. Like Africanized bees.

MisterVeritis
11-11-2016, 12:52 PM
I'm saying he puts out the contracts the day after his inauguration.Any opinions on how long till he gets it going?
We have done this twice in the last 15 years. It will take 90 days to put out a request for proposal. Systems Integrators will get 60 to 90 days to respond to the RFP. The government will take 60 days to "grade" the RFPs. The start date will be 30 days after the date of the award.

Chris
11-11-2016, 12:56 PM
https://vimeo.com/189015526

JDubya
11-11-2016, 01:02 PM
Oh, you think those people don't get paid? How would we replace the ones who get reassigned to "wall duty"?

Besides, you cannot use the military to defend the borders from people crossing it.

National guard, maybe but most likely, you'd have to hire, train and equip thousands of border guards.

50k a year salary plus benefits x 24/7/365.

Not including administrative and maintenance costs.

Besides, anyone with mortars or shoulder fired rocket launchers could put holes in it from so far away your snipers would never even see them.

The wall is an absurd idea.

JDubya
11-11-2016, 01:05 PM
Or a group of people to blame for their dissatisfaction with their lives and direct their hatred and bigotry on.

Conservatives.

Peter1469
11-11-2016, 01:47 PM
Or a group of people to blame for their dissatisfaction with their lives and direct their hatred and bigotry on.

Conservatives.
Conservatives are better than fascists like you and your ilk.

Common Sense
11-11-2016, 01:48 PM
Lol..

resister
11-11-2016, 02:03 PM
direct their hatred and bigotry on.

Conservatives.You should know about bigotry,your so very tolorent

Archer0915
11-11-2016, 02:38 PM
Oh, you think those people don't get paid? How would we replace the ones who get reassigned to "wall duty"?

Besides, you cannot use the military to defend the borders from people crossing it.

National guard, maybe but most likely, you'd have to hire, train and equip thousands of border guards.

50k a year salary plus benefits x 24/7/365.

Not including administrative and maintenance costs.

Besides, anyone with mortars or shoulder fired rocket launchers could put holes in it from so far away your snipers would never even see them.

The wall is an absurd idea.
I am going to chalk you entire post up to bullshit! Willfully ignorant trolling bullshit.

Croft
11-12-2016, 04:56 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GF9wgkIwWps

Seems Chunk Ogre is lying already.

MRogersNhood
11-12-2016, 08:09 AM

It will cost nothing as we have the troops and equipment! $#@! the unarmed border bull$#@!! It will be better for Mexico as well because it will slow the flow of illegals through their country from the south!

You really gonna gun down families? I'd rather they ran into a wall and went home, myself.
The wall will get built and it will employ Americans to do it! (I hope)
Lots of concrete and steel! May have to be Canadian steel,but that's OK.
Here's a song for the losers of the election:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzORnRVZDkM

Archer0915
11-12-2016, 09:29 AM
You really gonna gun down families? I'd rather they ran into a wall and went home, myself.
The wall will get built and it will employ Americans to do it! (I hope)
Lots of concrete and steel! May have to be Canadian steel,but that's OK.
Here's a song for the losers of the election:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzORnRVZDkM
Lead flies and people turn around! Most are not families either.

I seriously doubt there would be much shooting, it would be a deterrent.

Chris
11-12-2016, 09:39 AM
From the looks of things this morning, maybe Trump should build a wall around Trump Tower...

https://i.snag.gy/LRSIiW.jpg

Archer0915
11-12-2016, 09:56 AM
100 years ago we would have just gunned them all down where they stood. That threat is gone and now we got this.

MRogersNhood
11-12-2016, 09:56 AM
From the looks of things this morning, maybe Trump should build a wall around Trump Tower...

https://i.snag.gy/LRSIiW.jpg

Tards all.I think Soros should be sought after for sedition.

The Xl
11-12-2016, 10:12 AM
He might push for the wall, doubt he pushes for indiscriminate mass deportation, though.

MRogersNhood
11-12-2016, 10:23 AM
Nonsense.

Not when entrenched government bureaucrat leeches are extracted from Lady Liberty's skin.
Be plenty money for a wall.

Peter1469
11-12-2016, 03:22 PM
Borders matter. That is why Hillary lost. That is why the Brexit vote went contrary to the expectation of the Establishment.

Croft
11-12-2016, 03:26 PM
He might push for the wall, doubt he pushes for indiscriminate mass deportation, though.

It won't be indiscriminate, just all the illegals.

del
11-12-2016, 04:44 PM

forever

hopefully, longer

del
11-12-2016, 04:45 PM
If he doesn't build it, there will be an extreme backlash! That said, securing the border is what we want. If troops are needed vs a wall, it's ok.
jawohl

resister
11-12-2016, 04:47 PM
forever

hopefully, longer
Are you an illegal?Or do you just like them draining our country?What the hell is wrong with doing it legally?Are you for Anarchy?

del
11-12-2016, 04:56 PM
Are you an illegal?Or do you just like them draining our country?What the hell is wrong with doing it legally?Are you for Anarchy?

thinking the wall is a monumentally stupid idea =/= supporting illegal immigration

sound it out

resister
11-12-2016, 05:05 PM
thinking the wall is a monumentally stupid idea =/= supporting illegal immigration

sound it outThem days are over for at least 4 years.Do it legally, is that to much to ask?If your first act in an attempt to become an American is to break the law, what can we expect from them?

del
11-12-2016, 05:08 PM

sound it out

Them days are over for at least 4 years.Do it legally, is that to much to ask?If your first act in an attempt to become an American is to break the law, what can we expect from them?

it's always helpful when responding to a post to respond to the post

give it a try instead of posting whatever that gibbberish was