PDA

View Full Version : Something to consider about Trump

JDubya
11-11-2016, 06:31 PM
Trump made a lot of right-wing extremist noise during the campaign that got all the low brow morons and losers clapping like a trained seal over a sardine. Now they're all high-fiving and end zone dancing about how their right-wing agenda is going to rule us all.

But has anyone considered how Trump might actually conduct himself once in office?

What do we know about Trump?

We know he says one thing one minute, then something altogether different the next.

We know he changes his positions like he changes his ties.

We know he basically tells people unapologetically to "Go fuck themselves" as anyone who saw the Hillary Clinton ads knows all too well.

We know he doesn't give a shit what people like and don't like.

We also know that he used to be very liberal.

So, assuming he gets past the FBI investigations into his Russian dealings, election tampering and tax evasion, what's to stop him after assuming the office, from just changing his position on key issues like health care, environmental issues, SCOTUS nominees, etc, etc?

Has anyone considered the possibility that he might just once again give a big FU to the people who elected him and the party who refused to support him, and move back farther to the left?

I'm just hearing on the news right now about "Obama care backtrack".

It's happening already folks!!!! :biglaugh:

Captain Obvious
11-11-2016, 07:53 PM
If Trump is going to have any measure of success he's going to have to pace himself. Create his 100 day plan which we've seen versions of but will likely be adjusted before he takes office. Create that plan and stick with it.

Democrats left a complete clusterfuck, socially, economically, racially - he'll be bombarded with stuff that needs fixed. He has to focus on what's at hand and move on after fixing those issues initially laid out.

And there will be a lot of noise, angry demoralized progressives will be mugging gay people and Muslims and blaming it on Trump. He has to filter all that nonsense out and I think that will be his biggest challenge because he's a vindictive hothead.

If he can filter out all of the progressive idiocy that will be firehosed his way, he might do ok.

patrickt
11-11-2016, 07:55 PM
So, you're saying the lifelong Democrat is a Democrat. No surprise there. Kind of like the most racist president in my lifetime saying he was a uniter and not a divider and then watching the riots, looting and burning and saying, "Stay the course." Way to unite!

stjames1_53
11-11-2016, 08:00 PM
Trump made a lot of right-wing extremist noise during the campaign that got all the low brow morons and losers clapping like a trained seal over a sardine. Now they're all high-fiving and end zone dancing about how their right-wing agenda is going to rule us all.

But has anyone considered how Trump might actually conduct himself once in office?

What do we know about Trump?

We know he says one thing one minute, then something altogether different the next.

We know he changes his positions like he changes his ties.

We know he basically tells people unapologetically to "Go $#@! themselves" as anyone who saw the Hillary Clinton ads knows all too well.

We know he doesn't give a $#@! what people like and don't like.

We also know that he used to be very liberal.

So, assuming he gets past the FBI investigations into his Russian dealings, election tampering and tax evasion, what's to stop him after assuming the office, from just changing his position on key issues like health care, environmental issues, SCOTUS nominees, etc, etc?

Has anyone considered the possibility that he might just once again give a big FU to the people who elected him and the party who refused to support him, and move back farther to the left?

I'm just hearing on the news right now about "Obama care backtrack".

It's happening already folks!!!! :biglaugh:

yep, the DOW has recovered and gained ground....no new jobs yet, but he hasn't started lording over you yet to force you to earn your way. Me? I'm already set ....

JDubya
11-11-2016, 08:04 PM
If Trump is going to have any measure of success he's going to have to pace himself. Create his 100 day plan which we've seen versions of but will likely be adjusted before he takes office. Create that plan and stick with it.

Democrats left a complete clusterfuck, socially, economically, racially - he'll be bombarded with stuff that needs fixed. He has to focus on what's at hand and move on after fixing those issues initially laid out.

And there will be a lot of noise, angry demoralized progressives will be mugging gay people and Muslims and blaming it on Trump. He has to filter all that nonsense out and I think that will be his biggest challenge because he's a vindictive hothead.
If he can filter out all of the progressive idiocy that will be firehosed his way, he might do ok.
Funny hearing a wingnut talking about Obama leaving a clusterfuck after having been left the biggest clusterfuck in history to deal with himself.

I won't be surprised if Trump governs like a moderate and pisses off the far right extremist shitwads.

JDubya
11-11-2016, 08:07 PM
yep, the DOW has recovered and gained ground....no new jobs yet, but he hasn't started lording over you yet to force you to earn your way. Me? I'm already set ....
I've earned my way, shopping cart man. House is paid for and living off my own money.

But I do hope you're happy in your cardboard box under your favorite overpass with your bottle of whatever you could scrounge up enough change for today.

:loser:

MRogersNhood
11-11-2016, 08:41 PM
Funny hearing a wingnut talking about Obama leaving a cluster$#@! after having been left the biggest cluster$#@! in history to deal with himself.

I won't be surprised if Trump governs like a moderate and pisses off the far right extremist $#@!wads.
Trump's not far-right anyway,adurr.

resister
11-11-2016, 08:48 PM
Every thing you just described is typical politician behavior???

resister
11-11-2016, 08:50 PM
But I do hope you're happy in your cardboard box under your favorite overpass with your bottle of whatever you could scrounge up enough change for today.

:loser:Don't knock natural ice man it's good beer !!:laugh:

NapRover
11-11-2016, 09:06 PM
I've earned my way, shopping cart man. House is paid for and living off my own money.

What's funny about homeless people on Veterans Day?

birddog
11-11-2016, 09:14 PM
What's funny about homeless people on Veterans Day?

JDubya has lots of class, but it's all low!

Trump will do more for Vets, but it will take considerable time to accomplish everything at the VA.

JDubya
11-11-2016, 09:16 PM
The only thing Trump is going to do is prove what a bunch of gullible rubes wingnuts are.

resister
11-11-2016, 09:27 PM

Wait a sec Dub,are you telling me wi fi is installed under bridges now?Awesome progress!!!First the homeless get cell phones,now internet??Rock n roll