PDA

View Full Version : Does this perfectly describe "Make America Great Again"?

JoeTheSchmoe
11-12-2016, 05:14 AM
I found this piece astonishing. As we all know, Trump has been nothing short of controversial. However, something about his slogan "Make America Great Again" rings through the mind of each and every American and someway or another appeals to us, from the farthest left winging liberals, to the hardcore red, white and blue Republicans, and everyone in between. Yet, many people have different interpretations of Trump and his campaigns slogan MAGA, that's why I found this article so interesting and ground-breaking in a way. You have one side that says it's about xenophobia, homophobia, and racism ... and the other side that says it's about bring back America to it's core values and morale. Yet, as I learned through this article, it's about neither. In fact, Trump was elected because he fell in the pattern that's been going on for the past thirty years from Carter to Reagan, to now from Obama to Trump. I learned a lot from this, just wanted to share and get everyone's input:

Does this perfectly describe "Make America Great Again"? (http://www.politicaloutsource.com/2016/11/the-truth-about-making-america-great.html) (Link: http://www.politicaloutsource.com/2016/11/the-truth-about-making-america-great.html)

It's long, but really worth the read. I had no idea about the tax spikes and their influences on job economy, and how this has been going on since Carter. Nuts! What do you guys think? I felt the comparison to Ohio/Michigan in the 1950's/60's to California was spot on. Will California turn red when it needs to, much like Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Florida did? Interesting idea to think about...

Common
11-12-2016, 05:33 AM
Look ive been through these presidential ups an downs before.

The GOP had a bad candidate, the democrats an even worse candidate and the democrats got pummeled up and down the ticket.

Nothing all the democrat pollsters and liberal media had going was correct.
The had hillary a shoo in, the had a democratic senate and big gains in the house. In the end we know none of that happened.

Many have their own reasons for believing why. In the end I hope Trump can and does make America Great Again. If he fails and turns into a bad president, I will acknowledge it, he hasnt even been innaugerated yet. Ill wait and see.

JoeTheSchmoe
11-12-2016, 04:48 PM
Look ive been through these presidential ups an downs before.

The GOP had a bad candidate, the democrats an even worse candidate and the democrats got pummeled up and down the ticket.

Nothing all the democrat pollsters and liberal media had going was correct.
The had hillary a shoo in, the had a democratic senate and big gains in the house. In the end we know none of that happened.

Many have their own reasons for believing why. In the end I hope Trump can and does make America Great Again. If he fails and turns into a bad president, I will acknowledge it, he hasnt even been innaugerated yet. Ill wait and see.
Agreed, little scary considering Trump could go bad.. there's a possibility, but the media has done a lot of work to drive that idea home with Americans. I think Trump will do a great job, personally.. didn't he just decline to accept the $400,000 salary for Presidency?