PDA

View Full Version : 40% Of Small Business Revenue Goes To Regulatory Compliance

Taxcutter
10-15-2012, 10:38 AM
Not taxes. Red tape. Taxes take their bite after the red tape.

http://news.investors.com/politics-andrew-malcolm/101312-629277-markwayne-mullin-explains-the-financial-burden-of-federal-regulations.htm

quote:
“Right now, I spend more than 40 cents of every dollar the company takes in on complying with regulations. You heard that right: more than forty cents. When I first started using that figure, people would say, ‘wait, you’re talking about taxes too, right’? Nope, that is just what we spend on regulations.”

“You don’t have to take my word for it. The Small Business Administration recently revealed that federal regulations cost small businesses $1.7 trillion per year. “

Taxcutter says:
$1.7 trill out of just small business a year. That’s over 10% of GDP going for red tape. Add what big business pays and its no wonder why every business that can is bugging out for offshore locations – away from the government intrusion.

Cigar
10-15-2012, 10:40 AM
Not mine :)

garyo
10-15-2012, 10:43 AM
You can't take "nothing" anywhere.

Trinnity
10-15-2012, 11:33 AM
Small business has suffered greatly under this administration. This country is fighting back and Obama will lose.

Cigar
10-15-2012, 11:37 AM
Small business has suffered greatly under this administration. This country is fighting back and Obama will lose.

So Small Business has suffered greatly in the last 3 years and 10 months, all because of Obama's policies?

Which one(s)?

Trinnity
10-15-2012, 11:44 AM
So Small Business has suffered greatly in the last 3 years and 10 months, all because of Obama's policies?

Which one(s)?Under Obama regulations have increased greatly. It's the regulations. Can't you read?

Cigar
10-15-2012, 11:47 AM
Under Obama regulations have increased greatly. It's the regulations. Can't you read?

So you can't ... thanks for playing.

Trinnity
10-15-2012, 11:58 AM
So you can't ... thanks for playing.I don't have to "play" with you. You're messiah is a massive fail, he's hurt this country - especially small business and the middle class- and he's gonna lose this election. No matter how much water you carry for him, you can't fix this.

He. Blew. It.

Cigar
10-15-2012, 12:03 PM
I don't have to "play" with you. You're messiah is a massive fail, he's hurt this country - especially small business and the middle class- and he's gonna lose this election. No matter how much water you carry for him, you can't fix this.

He. Blew. It.

... do you plan on having your buddies stuff Ohio ballots? :)

bladimz
10-15-2012, 12:14 PM
Not taxes. Red tape. Taxes take their bite after the red tape.

http://news.investors.com/politics-andrew-malcolm/101312-629277-markwayne-mullin-explains-the-financial-burden-of-federal-regulations.htm

quote:
“Right now, I spend more than 40 cents of every dollar the company takes in on complying with regulations. You heard that right: more than forty cents. When I first started using that figure, people would say, ‘wait, you’re talking about taxes too, right’? Nope, that is just what we spend on regulations.”

“You don’t have to take my word for it. The Small Business Administration recently revealed that federal regulations cost small businesses $1.7 trillion per year. “

Taxcutter says:
$1.7 trill out of just small business a year. That’s over 10% of GDP going for red tape. Add what big business pays and its no wonder why every business that can is bugging out for offshore locations – away from the government intrusion.

40% OF EVERY SMALL-BUSINESS DOLLAR GOES TO PAY FOR FEDERAL REGS

Markwayne Mullin is a small business owner who, after three-and-a-half years, turned his father’s near bankrupt plumbing company into a thriving business with more than 120 employees over 80 trucks on the road, making it the largest service company in Oklahoma. Now, Markwayne is turning his focus from his small business to politics as he has become a Republican candidate for U.S. Representative in Oklahoma.
This being the dude who wrote the article (http://www.exabyzness.com/todays-news/40-every-small-business-dollar-goes-pay-federal-regs/) that you referenced, Tax.

When i read something like this -- his incredibly successful turn-around of his father's seriously-damaged business during the Obama years -- i have to wonder how he was able to see such a fast reversal with the huge financial burden that government regulation has put upon him. How does that happen? When other businesses that are even moderately successful are suffering so at the hands of govt. regs, how does one reverse a near-dead business while having to deal with the same 40%?