PDA

View Full Version : Trump the dog that caught the car....

nic34
11-14-2016, 03:12 PM
Is Donald Trump already walking away from campaign promises?

Trump has previously called Obamacare a "disaster." But, he told the Wall Street Journal, "I told him I will look at his suggestions, and out of respect, I will do that."
In an interview with CBS' "60 Minutes" that aired later Friday, he specifically talked about the need to continue coverage for individuals with pre-existing conditions.
"Yes, because it happens to be one of the strongest assets," Trump told Leslie Stahl.
Trump also said he'd try to keep the measure that allows young people to stay on their parents' insurance plans until age 26.

Prosecuting Clinton

Speaking to the Journal, however, Trump seemed to be less committed to the idea.
"It's not something I've given a lot of thought, because I want to solve health care, jobs, border control, tax reform," he said.
Earlier in the week, top Trump surrogates Rudy Giuliani and Chris Christie also seemed to back away from the idea.

Muslim ban:
Appearing on Capitol Hill Thursday to discuss his legislative agenda, Trump was asked by a reporter if he would "ask Congress to ban all Muslims from entering the country."
Trump appeared to hear the question but walked away after thanking everybody.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/12/politics/donald-trump-campaign-promises/

More:

Trump said during the campaign that he would reinstate the use of waterboarding against terrorism suspects - a practice that Congress made illegal after its use during the George W. Bush administration. But former House Intelligence Committee chairman Mike Rogers, R-Michigan, said this week that Trump's waterboarding remarks were just "campaign talk," according to CNN.

The future president, who ran on an anti-establishment message, also faces pressure to accede to conservative orthodoxies that run counter to promises he made on the campaign trail. Speaking about the months ahead, House Speaker Paul Ryan, R-Wisconsin, signaled this week that he would consider cutting Medicare, arguing that the program "is going broke" and would need to be reformed at the same time Republicans repeal Obamacare.

That, however, would contradict Trump's vows not to touch entitlement programs. Ryan has proposed turning Medicare into a "premium support" model, which would involve doling out federal subsidies for private insurance rather than the current single-payer model.

http://pilotonline.com/news/government/politics/nation/trump-team-backing-off-major-campaign-promises/article_fd5e566c-eda4-5596-b7cd-b09c0bf24324.html

Common Sense
11-14-2016, 03:14 PM
Hopefully it's a bait and switch. Nominating that Breitbart douche is a sign that it might not be.

Tahuyaman
11-14-2016, 03:18 PM
Hopefully, the partisan Democrats continue to wet their pants.

resister
11-14-2016, 03:21 PM
you mean politicians flip flop?Shocking, breaking news.This changes everything.It's all most like when I heard Santa Clause is fictional

Cletus
11-14-2016, 03:29 PM
As much as I would like to see Clinton convicted, the best course of action at this point might be to just let her fade into obscurity.

I do think Obamacare needs to be completely scrapped.

Cigar
11-14-2016, 03:42 PM
you mean politicians flip flop?Shocking, breaking news.This changes everything.It's all most like when I heard Santa Clause is fictional

Hey if you're ok with Trump Flipping then I'm ecstatic ... Win Win for everyone. :laugh:

Cigar
11-14-2016, 03:44 PM
As much as I would like to see Clinton convicted, the best course of action at this point might be to just let her fade into obscurity.

I do think Obamacare needs to be completely scrapped.

As long as they Own the Decision ... taking Health Care from Individuals is a Life Changing event ... so have at it.

del
11-14-2016, 03:47 PM
trump was just looking for a couple more ratings points for the apprentice

now he's fucked

texan
11-14-2016, 04:19 PM
Is Donald Trump already walking away from campaign promises?

Trump has previously called Obamacare a "disaster." But, he told the Wall Street Journal, "I told him I will look at his suggestions, and out of respect, I will do that."
In an interview with CBS' "60 Minutes" that aired later Friday, he specifically talked about the need to continue coverage for individuals with pre-existing conditions.
"Yes, because it happens to be one of the strongest assets," Trump told Leslie Stahl.
Trump also said he'd try to keep the measure that allows young people to stay on their parents' insurance plans until age 26.

Prosecuting Clinton

Speaking to the Journal, however, Trump seemed to be less committed to the idea.
"It's not something I've given a lot of thought, because I want to solve health care, jobs, border control, tax reform," he said.
Earlier in the week, top Trump surrogates Rudy Giuliani and Chris Christie also seemed to back away from the idea.

Muslim ban:
Appearing on Capitol Hill Thursday to discuss his legislative agenda, Trump was asked by a reporter if he would "ask Congress to ban all Muslims from entering the country."
Trump appeared to hear the question but walked away after thanking everybody.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/12/politics/donald-trump-campaign-promises/

More:

Trump said during the campaign that he would reinstate the use of waterboarding against terrorism suspects - a practice that Congress made illegal after its use during the George W. Bush administration. But former House Intelligence Committee chairman Mike Rogers, R-Michigan, said this week that Trump's waterboarding remarks were just "campaign talk," according to CNN.

The future president, who ran on an anti-establishment message, also faces pressure to accede to conservative orthodoxies that run counter to promises he made on the campaign trail. Speaking about the months ahead, House Speaker Paul Ryan, R-Wisconsin, signaled this week that he would consider cutting Medicare, arguing that the program "is going broke" and would need to be reformed at the same time Republicans repeal Obamacare.

That, however, would contradict Trump's vows not to touch entitlement programs. Ryan has proposed turning Medicare into a "premium support" model, which would involve doling out federal subsidies for private insurance rather than the current single-payer model.

http://pilotonline.com/news/government/politics/nation/trump-team-backing-off-major-campaign-promises/article_fd5e566c-eda4-5596-b7cd-b09c0bf24324.html

Yawn............I could have written this post a month ago......try and be original for once.

JDubya
11-14-2016, 04:24 PM
Hopefully it's a bait and switch. Nominating that Breitbart douche is a sign that it might not be.

The Breitbart douche is probably just him tossing a bond to the angry wingnuts who are already getting testy over all the establishment insiders he's cozying up to.

Hopefully, the douche will be a rubber stamp man.

Peter1469
11-14-2016, 04:42 PM
The hard left should self deport.

Common
11-14-2016, 06:38 PM
The hard left should self deport.
implode be better :)

Common
11-14-2016, 06:44 PM
Wha Breitbart douche are you talking about

Common Sense
11-14-2016, 06:48 PM
Wha Breitbart douche are you talking about

Bannon...

Safety
11-14-2016, 09:27 PM
I thought he was the Hulk?

Tahuyaman
11-14-2016, 10:08 PM
implode be better :)

This election may motivate the Democratic Party to shift even further to the left. I hope they do.

del
11-14-2016, 10:29 PM
I thought he was the Hulk?
don't make him mad