PDA

View Full Version : What Could Happen to DACA Recipients Under Donald Trump

TrueBlue
11-17-2016, 02:08 AM
What Could Happen to DACA Recipients Under Donald Trump
By Serena Marshall

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/happen-daca-recipients-donald-trump/story?id=43546706

"President Barack Obama’s signature immigration action could be quickly overturned when President-elect Donald Trump (http://abcnews.go.com/topics/news/donald-trump.htm) takes office, leaving its recipients facing uncertainty about their futures."

"Obama instituted the Deferred Action (http://abcnews.go.com/topics/news/immigration/deferred-action-immigration.htm) for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) policy to allow undocumented immigrants (http://abcnews.go.com/topics/news/immigration/pathway-to-citizenship.htm) who arrived in the U.S. as children to come out of the shadows and pay a fee to receive a temporary work authorization and protection from deportation."

"Those who qualified for DACA had to prove they were under the age of 31 as of June 15, 2012, came to the United States before age 16, lived here for at least five years continuously, attend or graduated from high school or college and have no criminal convictions."

===========================================
Thanks to ABC News for this report.

Imho, DACA recipients have been vetted and have been found to qualify. They live productive lives contributing much to America and deserve a path to citizenship. These folks should not have to fear the future when they are already contributing many positive things to it in this country including going to high school and college. But with Trump coming in to office things could unfortunately change for the worse for DACA recipients and that is a real shame.

Common
11-17-2016, 03:39 AM
No more protection for ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS. Start protecting american citizens.

FindersKeepers
11-17-2016, 05:15 AM
What Could Happen to DACA Recipients Under Donald Trump

Imho, DACA recipients have been vetted and have been found to qualify. They live productive lives contributing much to America and deserve a path to citizenship. These folks should not have to fear the future when they are already contributing many positive things to it in this country including going to high school and college. But with Trump coming in to office things could unfortunately change for the worse for DACA recipients and that is a real shame.

I am not a fan of holding innocent children responsible for their parents crimes.

I (personally) would offer these kids a fast track to citizenship, but not their parents.

Trump might do that -- but what he ought to focus on -- first -- is a more secure border and pulling funding from sanctuary cities. There should be no sanctuary for anyone who violates Immigration Law in our nation, just as there should be no sanctuary for anyone who violates any other law.

There's a bigger problem, and one that most of our congressmen know - but Trump may not yet know -- fourth-, fifth-, and further-generation Americans are having fewer babies. That's just a fact. In order to maintain our SS and Medicare systems, we need new (young) blood to work and pay income taxes. As the boomers move into retirement and then into infirmity, the cost to sustain them will be WAY more than the legally born citizens of this nation can bear. We need workers. Economically, we must have them. Since DACA recipients have already been raised as Americans, with our values, (and because they are innocent) I'd let them be first on the list.

Then, we need to start taking in more LEGAL, quality immigrants. Not just from the nation south of our border -- but from other nations as well. We need to encourage the brightest minds to come and take part in our country.

I don't know what Trump will do. But, he knows figures, so I hope he'll do something to put us back on track.

Peter1469
11-17-2016, 05:39 AM
A lot of these teens are gang members. MS-13 and the 18th Street Gang.

stjames1_53
11-17-2016, 07:11 AM
This is why I'm for tossing them all back, babies and children with mothers, together. When the child becomes of age, 26, then they can come back and get fast tracked in. But they have to denounce their respective countries they are leaving.