PDA

View Full Version : Trump team weighs 'infrastructure bank' to fund projects

Common
11-17-2016, 03:48 AM
One of Trumps campaign pledges was to put americans to work fixing our infrastructure. Hes not even sworn in and hes already taking steps in that direction and planning for it.

U.S. President-elect Donald Trump's transition team is weighing an "infrastructure bank" to make investments in the nation's infrastructure, Trump adviser Steven Mnuchin told reporters on Wednesday.
Mnuchin, a Wall Street veteran under consideration for Trump's Treasury secretary, said the team was focused on "taxes... regulatory changes, looking at the creation of an infrastructure bank to fund infrastructure investments."
"I'd say the economic priorities are clearly taxes, regulatory, trade, infrastructure," he added.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-infrastructure-idUSKBN13B1ZI

exotix
11-17-2016, 11:43 AM
I think the Infrastructure Bank should be headed by the Trump kids ... so to avoid any conflict-of-interest.

Bo-4
11-17-2016, 11:48 AM
Funny - Obama and Hillary both proposed the same thing and you hated it.

http://thehill.com/policy/transportation/258064-clinton-calls-for-national-infrastructure-bank

In fact, Republicans cock-blocked SEVERAL infrastructure bills, but NOW you'll probably approve it -

Used to hate it 'til ya ate it. :)

Ethereal
11-17-2016, 11:52 AM
Trump is basically a Democrat. He's just very good at making it seem otherwise.

exotix
11-17-2016, 12:59 PM
Funny - Obama and Hillary both proposed the same thing and you hated it.

http://thehill.com/policy/transportation/258064-clinton-calls-for-national-infrastructure-bank

In fact, Republicans $#@!-blocked SEVERAL infrastructure bills, but NOW you'll probably approve it -

Used to hate it 'til ya ate it. :)Just when you thought the great Bush neocon hoax died.

Cigar
11-17-2016, 01:02 PM
:laugh: Funny ... Now a Trillion Dollar Infrastructure Plan looks Good :laugh:

But not when a Black Man suggested it. :tongue:

2010 through 2014, when Labor was plentiful and Labor Cost were at it's lowest ever ... The US couldn't afford it according to The GOP

Now all of a sudden it's a good idea?

Cigar
11-17-2016, 01:03 PM
One of Trumps campaign pledges was to put americans to work fixing our infrastructure. Hes not even sworn in and hes already taking steps in that direction and planning for it.

U.S. President-elect Donald Trump's transition team is weighing an "infrastructure bank" to make investments in the nation's infrastructure, Trump adviser Steven Mnuchin told reporters on Wednesday.
Mnuchin, a Wall Street veteran under consideration for Trump's Treasury secretary, said the team was focused on "taxes... regulatory changes, looking at the creation of an infrastructure bank to fund infrastructure investments."
"I'd say the economic priorities are clearly taxes, regulatory, trade, infrastructure," he added.

A Bank is just another Building without Money in it.

exotix
11-17-2016, 01:04 PM
:laugh: Funny ... Now a Trillion Dollar Infrastructure Plan looks Good :laugh:

But not when a Black Man suggested it. :tongue:

2010 through 2014, when Labor was plentiful and Labor Cost were at it's lowest ever ... The US couldn't afford it according to The GOP

Now all of a sudden it's a good idea?Of course it is, now the *forgotten* white-working-class get to do the jobs at the wages the illegals did.

del
11-17-2016, 01:05 PM

looking at ways to defraud the american taxpayer is more like it

Cigar
11-17-2016, 01:07 PM
Of course it is, now the *forgotten* white-working-class get to do the jobs at the wages the illegals did.

Snuckered again

DGUtley
11-17-2016, 02:33 PM
:laugh: Funny ... Now a Trillion Dollar Infrastructure Plan looks Good :laugh: But not when a Black Man suggested it. :tongue: 2010 through 2014, when Labor was plentiful and Labor Cost were at it's lowest ever ... The US couldn't afford it according to The GOP Now all of a sudden it's a good idea?
It's not a good idea to saddle my grandchildren with this debt. We can't afford it. I'm against it. We have nearly 20 trillion dollars in debt. Obama and his buds gave away a trillion dollars in the first few months of his administration. I don't want Trump and his buds to do the same. I'm against it. Now..., if you want to temporarily raise taxes to pay-go, I'm ok with it.

Cigar
11-17-2016, 02:39 PM
It's not a good idea to saddle my grandchildren with this debt. We can't afford it. I'm against it. We have nearly 20 trillion dollars in debt. Obama and his buds gave away a trillion dollars in the first few months of his administration. I don't want Trump and his buds to do the same. I'm against it. Now..., if you want to temporarily raise taxes to pay-go, I'm ok with it.

Good thing your Grandparents didn't think that way ... otherwise you wouldn't be on the internet :laugh:

DGUtley
11-17-2016, 02:52 PM
Good thing your Grandparents didn't think that way ... otherwise you wouldn't be on the internet :laugh:

Pay-as-you-go....

Cigar
11-17-2016, 02:54 PM
Pay-as-you-go....

We would have never made it to the Moon ...

American Labor for American Infrastructure ... its like fixing your Roof, is there any question that you will Fix it?

Captain Obvious
11-17-2016, 02:56 PM
We would have never made it to the Moon ...

American Labor for American Infrastructure ... its like fixing your Roof, is there any question that you will Fix it?

Speaking of...

Hopefully Trump restarts our space program that our POS-POTUS and his America hating criminal posse trashed.

DGUtley
11-17-2016, 02:58 PM
We would have never made it to the Moon ... American Labor for American Infrastructure ... its like fixing your Roof, is there any question that you will Fix it?

Back then we didn't have 20 trillion in debt, having doubled it in 8 years.

It's funny you say that, I do need a new roof. I've had it inspected, am saving my pennies and will pay for it this summer.

Ethereal
11-17-2016, 04:41 PM
The "internet" is just electrical signals traveling through wires and space and being processed by computing devices.

Contrary to what you may believe, your beloved government did not discover electricity or computation.

The Xl
11-17-2016, 04:47 PM
Trump ran to the left of Hillary.

Peter1469
11-17-2016, 07:09 PM
looking at ways to defraud the american taxpayer is more like it
Like Obama's shovel ready projects? This idea is very different from Obama's scheme.

patrickt
11-17-2016, 07:45 PM
I realize that for the racists like Cigar, Exotix, and Bo-4 everything has to be about liberals. Who in their right mind would want a government program run by liberals and called a "bank" when in fact it's just another unregulated tax fund for fraud and corruption. Who couldn't be 100% behind the self-described "King of Debt" running the national debt higher. But, the government would have an edge that Trump didn't have selling junk bonds. The "Infrastructure Bank" could tell real banks that didn't want to buy the junk bonds that they might be visit by federal regulators, they might see their tax status as a corporation changed by the IRS, or they might personally be facing never-ending audits.

It's a liberal wet dream come true, if it happens.