PDA

View Full Version : Democrats know why they lost, but won’t fix their problems

Common
11-17-2016, 04:07 AM
Are Democrats ready to undertake with seriousness the course correction that
is needed to revitalize the party? Judging by the early reaction to Donald Trump’s victory, the answer is no.
Anyone looking at the 2016 electoral map and exit polls knows there were two main forces that tipped the election to Trump: white working class inhabitants of the Rust Belt upset about a hollowed-out economy, and religious voters, both Catholic and Protestant, who reacted to attacks on their values by voting against the candidate of the cultural elite. There may be other reasons, but these two are highest on the list.
Trump’s victory did not happen overnight, either. The last eight years of the Obama presidency have been disastrous for Democrats. On their way to minority status, Democrats since 2009 have lost a net of 13 US Senate seats, 69 House seats, 12 governorships, and 30 state legislatures. The entire party is a smoldering ruin.

This is what happens when you invite unfair foreign competition for American jobs via bad trade practices and massive illegal immigration, and when you go to war with nuns over birth control.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/opinion/2016/11/16/democrats-know-why-they-lost-but-won-fix-their-problems/nITzuJIET6YBmxS2GV0J0O/story.html

FindersKeepers
11-17-2016, 05:01 AM
Yes, this is a result of progressive policies and an attempt to shame a huge swath of Americans in an attempt to social engineer our population.

That said -- I'm not thrilled about the pendulum swinging so far to the Right. I'm not thrilled with some of Trump's early picks and I hope his tenure won't just be a continuation of Obama's policies. Well, for the first two years, anyway. After that, we could easily have another stalemate.

Common
11-17-2016, 06:07 AM
Yes, this is a result of progressive policies and an attempt to shame a huge swath of Americans in an attempt to social engineer our population.

That said -- I'm not thrilled about the pendulum swinging so far to the Right. I'm not thrilled with some of Trump's early picks and I hope his tenure won't just be a continuation of Obama's policies. Well, for the first two years, anyway. After that, we could easily have another stalemate.
I always have a big problem when one party controls everything. When that happens groups be it big money or whatever exert influence and push things that are not good for america.

Just like the democrats with obamacare.

I wish there were more balance but it is what it is for now

MMC
11-17-2016, 07:23 AM
is needed to revitalize the party? Judging by the early reaction to Donald Trump’s victory, the answer is no.
Anyone looking at the 2016 electoral map and exit polls knows there were two main forces that tipped the election to Trump: white working class inhabitants of the Rust Belt upset about a hollowed-out economy, and religious voters, both Catholic and Protestant, who reacted to attacks on their values by voting against the candidate of the cultural elite. There may be other reasons, but these two are highest on the list.
Trump’s victory did not happen overnight, either. The last eight years of the Obama presidency have been disastrous for Democrats. On their way to minority status, Democrats since 2009 have lost a net of 13 US Senate seats, 69 House seats, 12 governorships, and 30 state legislatures. The entire party is a smoldering ruin.

This is what happens when you invite unfair foreign competition for American jobs via bad trade practices and massive illegal immigration, and when you go to war with nuns over birth control.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/opinion/2016/11/16/democrats-know-why-they-lost-but-won-fix-their-problems/nITzuJIET6YBmxS2GV0J0O/story.html

They're a little bit busy at the moment trying to keep the same failed leaders of their party......in their party and in the same positions.

exotix
11-17-2016, 07:30 AM
The Dems can't even nominate a SCOTUS justice right.

MMC
11-17-2016, 07:38 AM
The Dems can't even nominate a SCOTUS justice right.

Well they can nominate.....but no one will listen. :laugh:

exotix
11-17-2016, 07:43 AM
I always have a big problem when one party controls everything.

When that happens groups be it big money or whatever exert influence and push things that are not good for america.

Well they can nominate.....but no one will listen. :laugh:Correct .... but notice how fast things will get done now.

Adelaide
11-17-2016, 07:59 AM
In 4 to 8 years it will be the other way around (again).

If Biden or someone else had run, I don't think Trump would have been as successful. As it is, he got to go against someone who is obviously corrupt and has extremely questionable ethics.

MMC
11-17-2016, 08:15 AM
Correct .... but notice how fast things will get done now.
Yeah, note how Trump is 2 weeks ahead of where BO peep was with his transition. :grin:

exotix
11-17-2016, 08:21 AM
Yeah, note how Trump is 2 weeks ahead of where BO peep was with his transition. :grin:That's because as an RWNJ you wallow in shit and think that's the greatest thing that ever happened to you ... LOL

Common Sense
11-17-2016, 08:32 AM
In 4 to 8 years it will be the other way around (again).

If Biden or someone else had run, I don't think Trump would have been as successful. As it is, he got to go against someone who is obviously corrupt and has extremely questionable ethics.

That's just it. If the Dems pick someone with a clean track record, perhaps former military, it's over for Trump.

texan
11-17-2016, 08:35 AM

I don't think it has swung far right at all. Trump is very practical and pragmatic. That is the mark of actual bushiness people. They know things have to be negotiated and are not operating like a monarchy.....

Ravens Fan
11-17-2016, 08:36 AM
That's just it. If the Dems pick someone with a clean track record, perhaps former military, it's over for Trump.
That all depends on what Trump and the GOP do/don't get done in the next 4 years.

Cigar
11-17-2016, 08:39 AM

How dod you get a copy of the Democratic Autocracy already? The election was only a week ago.

Tahuyaman
11-17-2016, 09:03 AM
Democrats know why they lost, but won’t fix their problems
Democrats are famous for going through the same actions over and over again, always expecting a different result.

Cigar
11-17-2016, 09:04 AM
If I was a Republican, why would I care?

Subdermal
11-17-2016, 09:09 AM
I don'y think it has swing far right at all. Trump is very practical and pragmatic. That is the mark of actual bushiness people. They know things have to be negotiated and are not operating like a monarchy.....

Things haven't swung very far to the right; you're obviously correct. That's just the equivocation - irritating - moderate nature of that poster, who enjoys criticism from both sides, and has weak principles.

At least she approaches being correct almost half the time. That's about 10x the success rate of the useless left.

Tahuyaman
11-17-2016, 09:13 AM

The Democrats problem is that they are pandering to all the far left fringe factions of American society. Regular folks are leaving the party.

Tahuyaman
11-17-2016, 09:15 AM
If I was a Republican, why would I care?

If you are a loyal partisan Democrat you should care.

del
11-17-2016, 09:25 AM
the last guy that took political advice from eric fehrnstrom was mitt romney

that worked out well

Cigar
11-17-2016, 09:33 AM
If you are a loyal partisan Democrat you should care.
If you were a Democrat, you wouldn't be worried, because you'd know your history

exotix
11-17-2016, 09:45 AM
I don'y think it has swing far right at all. Trump is very practical and pragmatic. That is the mark of actual bushiness people. They know things have to be negotiated and are not operating like a monarchy.....
Things haven't swung very far to the right; you're obviously correct. That's just the equivocation - irritating - moderate nature of that poster, who enjoys criticism from both sides, and has weak principles.

At least she approaches being correct almost half the time. That's about 10x the success rate of the useless left.Depends ... notice how Trump will fix his problems ... from the family business to the nearly $1 Billion he owes Foreign Banks to running the Whitehouse and thus America from Trump Tower ...

The best thing that ever happened to you.

MMC
11-17-2016, 09:47 AM
That's because as an RWNJ you wallow in $#@! and think that's the greatest thing that ever happened to you ... LOL

You must be confused as LWNJ lost in reality.....as I waded into your ranks 100 fold deep where you stand and hide. The very same place where you crawl back under that rock and live with the slime.

You're just mad because I leave no stone of your kind.....unturned.

Cigar
11-17-2016, 09:48 AM

Don't Worry about The Democrats ... you just handle Trump :laugh:

BTW ... is Trump a Republican today?

MMC
11-17-2016, 09:51 AM
If you were a Democrat, you wouldn't be worried, because you'd know your history
So whats your lame excuse this time? :laugh:

exotix
11-17-2016, 09:52 AM
You must be confused as LWNJ lost in reality.....as I waded into your ranks 100 fold deep where you stand and hide. The very same place where you crawl back under that rock and live with the slime.

You're just mad because I leave no stone of your kind.....unturned.Piglets love mucky shit too ... LOL

nic34
11-17-2016, 09:53 AM
The Democrats problem is that they are pandering to all the far left fringe factions of American society. Regular folks are leaving the party.

Regular folks liked Bernie

Bernie Sanders says Obama let down the progressive movement

Vermont Sen. Bernard Sanders said in some ways President Obama has let down the progressive movement within Democratic Party, citing the Trans-Pacific Partnership trade deal as an example.
Anderson Cooper, the moderator of CNN’s Democratic presidential town hall on Wednesday, asked Mr. Sanders whether Mr. Obama had disappointed the progressive movement. Mr. Sanders replied: “In some areas, for example in the trade area. Right now, I think they signed today the TPP in New Zealand. It is a continuation of bad trade policies. The president supports it. I strongly disagree with it.”

“Hillary Clinton believes we must build on the progress achieved under President Obama and that, no matter what, we can’t go backwards. Despite 70 consecutive months of private sector job growth and landmark legislation for universal health care and Wall Street reform, Senator Sanders has a troubling history of questioning President Obama and his achievements, and continues to do so,” her campaign said in a statement Wednesday night.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/feb/3/bernie-sanders-obama-disappointed-progressive-move/

They should double down in 2020...

Five Democrats who could challenge Donald Trump in the 2020 election

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/nov/11/democrats-2020-election-elizabeth-warren-cory-booker

MMC
11-17-2016, 10:25 AM
Piglets love mucky $#@! too ... LOL

You would know.....I have to wade into wherever the enemy hides. http://politirant.com/Smileys/oldrant/burp.gif

MisterVeritis
11-17-2016, 10:49 AM
I always have a big problem when one party controls everything. When that happens groups be it big money or whatever exert influence and push things that are not good for america.
This is balance. Much mischief must be undone. There is much damage that must be repaired. This nation must be moved far to the right just to get back to the center.

MisterVeritis
11-17-2016, 10:50 AM
Silly girl. Trump will have his eight years to restore the nation.

Common
11-17-2016, 10:59 AM
Democrats live in a lala land of denial. Historically every time they went progressive left nuts they got thrown out of office. Every time.

The left can deny it all they want but most white people believed Obama was a racist, he had a racist administration and he didnt give a damn about anything lighter than caramel. Time to stop the tap dancing and BSing

His goal was to flood this country with illegal immigrants from around the globe and he did.

America believes he promoted the war on police. He never once called a murdered cops family.

Democrats think americans didnt take notice. They did and it wasnt all republicans either.

He completely ignored for 8 yrs the entire middle of the country. The lower middleclass working class, who were out of work with no jobs to be had. He did nothing for them.

His focus was race, globalism, wide open borders, everything that did nothing for the working class.

The media can tell us all day long obama is loved, I dont believe a word of it, if that were true his party and his ideals would not have gotten their ass totally kicked across the country

exotix
11-17-2016, 11:15 AM
Democrats live in a lala land of denial.

Historically every time they went progressive left nuts they got thrown out of office. Every time.

The left can deny it all they want but most white people believed Obama was a racist, he had a racist administration and he didnt give a damn about anything lighter than caramel. Time to stop the tap dancing and BSing

His goal was to flood this country with illegal immigrants from around the globe and he did.

America believes he promoted the war on police. He never once called a murdered cops family.

Democrats think americans didnt take notice. They did and it wasnt all republicans either.

He completely ignored for 8 yrs the entire middle of the country. The lower middleclass working class, who were out of work with no jobs to be had. He did nothing for them.

His focus was race, globalism, wide open borders, everything that did nothing for the working class.

The media can tell us all day long obama is loved, I dont believe a word of it, if that were true his party and his ideals would not have gotten their ass totally kicked across the country
I can't wait for @Chris (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=128) to give us his *small govt.* spiel as Trump waits impatiently for the Oval Office to be outfitted in gawdy Gold Leaf walls and endangered-species rugs at @Chris (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=128) 's expense ... Man O Man .. LOL

MMC
11-17-2016, 01:30 PM
Democrats live in a lala land of denial. Historically every time they went progressive left nuts they got thrown out of office. Every time.

Like Mary Matlin said today.....they are doubling down on their loss and validating Trump even more. Which she then pointed out how the MS media is doing the same.

Cigar
11-17-2016, 01:33 PM
Like Mary Matlin said today.....they are doubling down on their loss and validating Trump even more. Which she then pointed out how the MS media is doing the same.

So why do you care?

resister
11-17-2016, 01:33 PM
I can't wait for @Chris (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=128) to give us his *small govt.* spiel as Trump waits impatiently for the Oval Office to be outfitted in gawdy Gold Leaf walls and endangered-species rugs at @Chris (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=128) 's expense ... Man O Man .. LOL
Why would you quote the post if you then go on to ignore it?I guess that is what you do when it's right and you know it

Bo-4
11-17-2016, 01:37 PM
The last eight years of the Obama presidency have been disastrous for Democrats.

What a dumb post - Obama had nothing to do with this election.

Most recent Obama approval rating from Gallup:

Gallup (http://www.gallup.com/poll/113980/Gallup-Daily-Obama-Job-Approval.aspx)
11/14 - 11/16
1500 A
+15

MMC
11-17-2016, 03:05 PM
So why do you care?

Its always good to know what the enemy is doing. Sun Tzu.....know the enemy well. And we do know all about your kind and its ways very well.

Captain Obvious
11-17-2016, 03:36 PM
You can't fix establishment stupid