PDA

View Full Version : Texans warned to stay in hotel, not order room service in Mexico.....

MMC
11-17-2016, 03:01 PM
Monday Night Football in Mexico, and both the Texans and Raiders have been told to expect the US National Anthem to be booed. What say ye?

Houston Texans players are being advised by the team not to leave the hotel and not to order room service during their trip to Mexico City for Monday night’s game against the Oakland Raiders.

The game is part of the NFL’s international series and the first NFL game in Mexico City since 2005.
The Associated Press obtained a memo distributed to the team on Wednesday that included a page of information concerning the trip to Mexico, including those two rules.

A section of the memo under the heading "safety" had a bullet point with: "DO NOT leave the hotel." It was followed by a line advising players to leave all "expensive jewelry at home," not to bring large sums of money and not to use ATMs.

A second section titled "health and performance" has basic tips like drinking only bottled water and avoiding the consumption of ice. It also warned: "Eat all meals in the meal room. DO NOT order room service" and "DO NOT eat outside of the team meal room."

The precautions the Texans have provided players are not uncommon for any foreigners traveling to Mexico. Executives visiting the city for business are often given the same warnings from their companies to avoid leaving their hotels without security.....snip~

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/texans/2016/11/16/texans-mexico-trip-warnings-do-not-leave-hotel/93999822/

Cigar
11-17-2016, 03:36 PM
Come On, these are F'cking Football Players, they're going to be out Hunting for some Mexican Hot Tamales ... they ain't staying in no Dam Hotel Room Jacking off to Movies.

Private Pickle
11-17-2016, 03:43 PM
I think we shouldn't be bringing the NFL to places where they don't want the NFL....

MMC
11-17-2016, 03:48 PM
I think we shouldn't be bringing the NFL to places where they don't want the NFL....
Not are they only telling them to stay in the Hotel. But they even tell them not to order room service. Don't drink water unless bottled. Don't bring Jewelry or large sums of cash.

And Mexico is a friendly country, Right? :laugh:

del
11-17-2016, 03:57 PM
Monday Night Football in Mexico, and both the Texans and Raiders have been told to expect the US National Anthem to be booed. What say ye?

Houston Texans players are being advised by the team not to leave the hotel and not to order room service during their trip to Mexico City for Monday night’s game against the Oakland Raiders.

The game is part of the NFL’s international series and the first NFL game in Mexico City since 2005.
The Associated Press obtained a memo distributed to the team on Wednesday that included a page of information concerning the trip to Mexico, including those two rules.

A section of the memo under the heading "safety" had a bullet point with: "DO NOT leave the hotel." It was followed by a line advising players to leave all "expensive jewelry at home," not to bring large sums of money and not to use ATMs.

A second section titled "health and performance" has basic tips like drinking only bottled water and avoiding the consumption of ice. It also warned: "Eat all meals in the meal room. DO NOT order room service" and "DO NOT eat outside of the team meal room."

The precautions the Texans have provided players are not uncommon for any foreigners traveling to Mexico. Executives visiting the city for business are often given the same warnings from their companies to avoid leaving their hotels without security.....snip~

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/texans/2016/11/16/texans-mexico-trip-warnings-do-not-leave-hotel/93999822/

i think you should go down there and kick some mexican ass

Standing Wolf
11-17-2016, 03:58 PM
Not are they only telling them to stay in the Hotel. But they even tell them not to order room service. Don't drink water unless bottled. Don't bring Jewelry or large sums of cash.

And Mexico is a friendly country, Right?

Any urban setting where great poverty exists is a dangerous place to be flashing big, expensive watches, gold jewelry or wads of cash. Resentment, criminality and violence flourish in that environment. You don't even have to be ostentatiously wealthy to risk injury or harassment in a place like that - just a gringo. I haven't been to Mexico in close to forty years, and it's a shame because I'd love to catch some baseball down there sometime; the risks just outweigh the benefits and attractions, as far as I'm concerned.

Common Sense
11-17-2016, 03:59 PM
Probably trying to avoid a Ryan Lochte situation.

Cigar
11-17-2016, 04:00 PM
Big Bad Tough Guys ... won't Hide in Hotels ... just ware that Helmet ... you know the one that stretches over their Dick :laugh:

Standing Wolf
11-17-2016, 04:03 PM
Big Bad Tough Guys ... won't Hide in Hotels ... just ware that Helmet ... you know the one that stretches over their Dick

Sure, these manly multi-millionaires have to go south of the border in order to take the skin boat to tuna town because no American women want to sleep with them.

:rollseyes:

del
11-17-2016, 04:08 PM
the last time i wass in mexico city was the early 90's. i forget what hotel i stayed at, but it was top tier because i was spending opm.

in any event, every room on my floor except mine had an armed guard standing outside it.

nothing i've seen in the intervening 20 years leads me to think mexico city has gotten any safer.

i wouldn't go there on a bet.

Safety
11-17-2016, 04:13 PM
the last time i wass in mexico city was the early 90's. i forget what hotel i stayed at, but it was top tier because i was spending opm.

in any event, every room on my floor except mine had an armed guard standing outside it.

nothing i've seen in the intervening 20 years leads me to think mexico city has gotten any safer.

i wouldn't go there on a bet.

The NFL need to fire their PR logistic person, and definitely that waste of skin Goodell.

del
11-17-2016, 04:18 PM
The NFL need to fire their PR logistic person, and definitely that waste of skin Goodell.

goodell has to have pictures of bob kraft fucking a goat
i've heard that the mexicans are going to donate $1 towards the border wall for every boo during the national anthem.

problem solved

Standing Wolf
11-17-2016, 04:22 PM
MLB is doing the same sort of thing now. The Diamondbacks and Dodgers opened the season in 2014 in Australia, where baseball is (and probably always will be) a sort of cult sport, as it is in western Europe and Great Britain. Soccer will always rule in Mexico because that sport has history there and kids grow up playing it; American football probably looks like some kind of weird spectacle to them - one they're probably not going to fall in love with or spend any money on.

del
11-17-2016, 04:24 PM
MLB is doing the same sort of thing now. The Diamondbacks and Dodgers opened the season in 2014 in Australia, where baseball is (and probably always will be) a sort of cult sport, as it is in western Europe and Great Britain. Soccer will always rule in Mexico because that sport has history there and kids grow up playing it; American football probably looks like some kind of weird spectacle to them - one they're probably not going to fall in love with or spend any money on.
the red sox opened their season in tokyo a few years ago. that at least makes some sense, baseball's big in japan

none of my brit friends feel particularly deprived by the lack of an nfl franchise in london

MMC
11-17-2016, 04:28 PM
Nah you go.....if you don't frighten them they can at least put you to work in one of their carnivals. http://www.debatepolitics.com/images/smilies/lmfao.gif

MMC
11-17-2016, 04:30 PM
Any urban setting where great poverty exists is a dangerous place to be flashing big, expensive watches, gold jewelry or wads of cash. Resentment, criminality and violence flourish in that environment. You don't even have to be ostentatiously wealthy to risk injury or harassment in a place like that - just a gringo. I haven't been to Mexico in close to forty years, and it's a shame because I'd love to catch some baseball down there sometime; the risks just outweigh the benefits and attractions, as far as I'm concerned.

Yeah the Olympics showed it was just as bad in Brazil.....and one didn't have to be an American.

Standing Wolf
the red sox opened their season in tokyo a few years ago. that at least makes some sense, baseball's big in japan

One of the funniest books I've ever read, and indispensable in understanding how the Japanese view and play baseball, among other things.

http://d2arxad8u2l0g7.cloudfront.net/books/1388605392l/194446.jpg

A revelation for those who might have thought that the people who made Mr. Baseball with Tom Selleck might have been exaggerating.

nic34

You should go and find out for yourself gringo...

nic34
11-17-2016, 04:37 PM
Go Raiders

MMC
11-17-2016, 04:41 PM
You should go and find out for yourself gringo...

Ive been to Mexico a couple of times but I didn't stay at any big fancy Hotel. Stayed with a couple of my homies.

http://tse1.mm.bing.net/th?&id=OIP.Maffd2a37aa51e5a7a2c79aab612d04f2o0&w=300&h=167&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0&r=0

Lets see if you can stay in the same hood in Chicago.....let alone Mexico. Better yet.....lets see if you can walk from one end of the hood to the other and not hurt yourself.

donttread
11-17-2016, 06:45 PM
Come On, these are F'cking Football Players, they're going to be out Hunting for some Mexican Hot Tamales ... they ain't staying in no Dam Hotel Room Jacking off to Movies.

Nobody said they couldn't order in hookers, just be smarter than the SS and pay her.

resister
11-17-2016, 06:47 PM
goodell has to have pictures of bob kraft fucking a goat
i've heard that the mexicans are going to donate $1 towards the border wall for every boo during the national anthem.

problem solved
bet you'll boo right along with em

del
11-17-2016, 07:01 PM
bet you'll boo right along with em

jailbird says what?

resister
11-17-2016, 07:05 PM
jailbird says what?Wallnut the anti patriot say's.The difference between me and her is I own it and paid my debt you criminal apologist.By your own admission you were a dope dealer in school, ever sell dope to a pregnant women.PS I never sold dope like you, hypocrite

del
11-17-2016, 07:08 PM
Wallnut the anti patriot say's.The difference between me and her is I own it and paid my debt you criminal apologist.By your own admission you were a dope dealer in school, ever sell dope to a pregnant women.PS I never sold dope like you, hypocrite

touch a nerve, con?

resister
11-17-2016, 07:10 PM
touch a nerve, con?
Not much, self confessed dope dealer....your type is the lowest, taking rent and food money from kids

del
11-17-2016, 07:11 PM
Not much, self confessed dope dealer....your type is the lowest, taking rent and food money from kids
how often do you report to your parole officer?

resister
11-17-2016, 07:15 PM
how often do you report to your parole officer?Read my post donkey buttox,got out in 2005 been law abiding since.Still slinging dope?

resister
11-17-2016, 07:22 PM
Not much, self confessed dope dealer....your type is the lowest, taking rent and food money from kidsHey wallnuts...a lot of people poke fun and that's all right, but when I start poking back, they get all up tight.How much dope you sold lately?:wink:

del
11-17-2016, 07:53 PM
Read my post donkey buttox,got out in 2005 been law abiding since.Still slinging dope?
nope, pimping your mom

resister
11-17-2016, 07:56 PM
nope, pimping your momThat's nice​ Dope dealer

Safety
11-17-2016, 08:11 PM
Well, this sure did escalate quickly.

resister
11-17-2016, 08:13 PM
Well, this sure did escalate quickly.Hey, when you poke at info freely revealed,expect a richochet

Peter1469
11-17-2016, 08:20 PM
Do they watch football in Mexico? They are into that metric football game.

del
11-17-2016, 08:27 PM
Well, this sure did escalate quickly.

he's not the sharpest knife in the dishwasher

del
11-17-2016, 08:28 PM
Hey, when you poke at info freely revealed,expect a richochet

so, did you get a tv and an xbox or did you drop one?

MMC
11-18-2016, 06:54 AM
he's not the sharpest knife in the dishwasher

You have no room to talk.....hold on to Cigar and together at least you can represent one brain cell. Note, I didn't say it will hold much tho.

Don
11-19-2016, 12:31 AM

Who has to go to Mexico to kick some Mexican ass? 10% of their population resides here in the U.S.

Tahuyaman
11-27-2016, 11:24 AM

I've never had any problems ever in Mexico. No one has ever been even slightly rude to me. But then, I don't live in Mexico City and I don't go around looking for trouble.

If I was the head coach of an NFL team, I'd be concerned that some of my players might do something very foolish in a culture which they don't understand or one which might not have the respect for them they have come to expect.

Tahuyaman
11-27-2016, 11:25 AM
Do they watch football in Mexico? They are into that metric football game.

American football has a niche following, but it is mostly a novelty.