PDA

View Full Version : Charity president unhappy about Paul Ryan soup kitchen ‘photo op’

Captain Obvious
10-15-2012, 07:55 PM
http://thepoliticalforums.com/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=7

The head of a northeast Ohio charity says that the Romney campaign last week “ramrodded their way” into the group’s Youngstown soup kitchen so that GOP vice presidential candidate Paul Ryan could get his picture taken washing dishes in the dining hall.

Brian J. Antal, president of the Mahoning County St. Vincent De Paul Society, said that he was not contacted by the Romney campaign ahead of the Saturday morning visit by Ryan, who stopped by (http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/election-2012/wp/2012/10/13/reporters-barred-from-covering-paul-ryan-exchange-with-homeless-ohioans-outside-soup-kitchen/?wprss=rss_election-2012) the soup kitchen after a town hall at Youngstown State University.

He added: “The photo-op they did wasn’t even accurate. He did nothing. He just came in here to get his picture taken at the dining hall.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/election-2012/files/2012/10/APTOPIX_Romney_2012-0cf5e_image_606w.jpg

roadmaster
10-15-2012, 08:01 PM
I have worked in them and if he did this only for a picture, that's not right.

head of joaquin
10-15-2012, 08:09 PM
I have worked in them and if he did this only for a picture, that's not right.

Finally an honest sentiment from a conservative!

sec
10-16-2012, 04:44 PM
both people in the photo have clean aprons...............whatsupwitdat

Mainecoons
10-16-2012, 04:50 PM
Sorta reminds me of Obumblers photo op at Solyndra. Whoops, that Obumbler "investment" went broke. Yep, just a higher level of soup kitchen for his cronies.

Politicians do photo ops. Big f-ing deal. Maybe you should go back to claiming Romney was running Bain in 2012. :rofl:

birddog
10-16-2012, 07:20 PM
At least it looked like Ryan was helping. The symbolism of his being there and bringing attention to the importance of soup kitchens was better than a lot of photo ops we have seen by others such as Obama and Slick Willie.

head of joaquin
10-16-2012, 07:26 PM
At least it looked like Ryan was helping. The symbolism of his being there and bringing attention to the importance of soup kitchens was better than a lot of photo ops we have seen by others such as Obama and Slick Willie.

More teabagger nihilism. You really have no values do you?

You just can't bring yourself to state the obvious: what Ryan did was odious and tells alot about his lack of character.

Bane
10-17-2012, 11:23 AM

You just can't bring yourself to state the obvious: what Ryan did was odious and tells alot about his lack of character.

Huh? Helping out in a soup kitchen shows a lack of character?

Spoken like a true "Gimmie, gimmie, gimmie" nanny stater.

didnt you vote for a "community organizer"?....lol

Cigar
10-17-2012, 11:50 AM
A true sign of desperation!

They will lie about anything ... it's that easy for them.

head of joaquin
10-17-2012, 06:38 PM

It's almost sick to see the tax cutting millionaire pretend to care about poor folk.

Peter1469
10-17-2012, 06:45 PM
Romney gives more to charity in one year than you will make in your entire life. Fail.

head of joaquin
10-17-2012, 07:05 PM
Romney gives more to charity in one year than you will make in your entire life. Fail.

Not according to Jesus.

Mark 12.
And he sat down opposite the treasury, and watched the multitude putting money into the treasury. Many rich people put in large sums.42And a poor widow came, and put in two copper coins, which make a penny.
43And he called his disciples to him, and said to them, "Truly, I say to you, this poor widow has put in more than all those who are contributing to the treasury.
44For they all contributed out of their abundance; but she out of her poverty has put in everything she had, her whole living."

But of course conservatives don't read the gospel. The phoney charity of the rich is rejected by God, and he knows your hypocrisy in defending them.

Read Matthew 25 and tremble, goat

Peter1469
10-17-2012, 07:54 PM
How do you live up to that standard, tiger?

gamewell45
10-17-2012, 07:54 PM

I'll bet you'd never see one of GW Bush; it would be beneath him to do that kind of work.

Chris
10-17-2012, 09:16 PM
Not according to Jesus.

Mark 12.
And he sat down opposite the treasury, and watched the multitude putting money into the treasury. Many rich people put in large sums.42And a poor widow came, and put in two copper coins, which make a penny.
43And he called his disciples to him, and said to them, "Truly, I say to you, this poor widow has put in more than all those who are contributing to the treasury.
44For they all contributed out of their abundance; but she out of her poverty has put in everything she had, her whole living."

But of course conservatives don't read the gospel. The phoney charity of the rich is rejected by God, and he knows your hypocrisy in defending them.

Read Matthew 25 and tremble, goat

You really don't understand the verse do you. You do, then point out where it says anything like "The phoney charity of the rich is rejected by God".

Calypso Jones
10-17-2012, 09:27 PM
I think hoj is a member of a progressive theology church. They're anti capitalism and pro income redistribution. That explains his whole philosophy.

hanger4
10-17-2012, 09:32 PM
I'll bet you'd never see one of GW Bush; it would be beneath him to do that kind of work.

Who the hell is GW Bush ??

And how is he/she relevant to this election ??

birddog
10-17-2012, 10:45 PM

That's truly how the dimocrats work alright! Barry, the new "Lyin-King!"

birddog
10-17-2012, 10:48 PM

P-K-B. My values are obviously much higher than yours!

Extreme liberalism like yours sucks!

Cigar
10-18-2012, 07:20 AM

So does Bill Gates ... and your point is?

hanger4
10-18-2012, 07:44 AM
So does Bill Gates ... and your point is?

That if Bill Gates was runnin' for pres. you wouldn't have a problem with richness, ala John Kerry.

Hypocritical much ??

Cigar
10-18-2012, 07:50 AM
That if Bill Gates was runnin' for pres. you wouldn't have a problem with richness, ala John Kerry.

Hypocritical much ??

I have no idea what you are talking about.

I have no problem with Mitt's being Rich.

Calypso Jones
10-18-2012, 07:30 PM
Our Charity Presidebt has a bigger pension that Mitt Romney.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/49450057

protected.