PDA

View Full Version : Another effect of the great red state experiment (brownback's folly)

Crepitus
11-18-2016, 12:09 AM
The wait for medicade services for mentally disabled people reaches 7 years. Remember, this is the guy Trump tapped to help write his budget plan.

The ability of the state of Kansas to act may be limited. Gov. Brownback's tax cuts, which he initiated to boost the economy, have instead blown a hole in the state's budget, leaving little money to apply to something like reducing the length of the KanCare waitlist

http://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2016/11/16/499563857/to-get-disability-help-in-kansas-thousands-face-a-7-year-wait

FindersKeepers
11-18-2016, 05:16 AM
LOL

It wasn't any better under Sebellius.

Common
11-18-2016, 06:24 AM
Let me give you a clue. Since Obamacare and the rape of medicare for almost a billion dollars by obama medicare rules have been changed and they hurt seniors that arent of means.
Examples, drugs that were covered are no longer covered. Cpap supplies that are needed monthly, quarterly are now guarterly and 6months, they do not last that long you have to buy them out of pocket and they are crazy expensive for people on SS alone.

Medical Equiptment, used to be they bought it for you ever 5 yrs and they paid to maintain it. Now they pay for repair only during the warranty usually 2 yrs. Then you own and you pay to repair it. Some equipment is very very expensive to fix. Thats just a couple
Obama made these changes not to save medicare but to milk it to pay for others on subsidies

Crepitus
11-18-2016, 08:07 AM
LOL

It wasn't any better under Sebellius.

Actually was but not much. My point was the tax cuts which were supposed to stimulate the economy and didn't to the detriment of Kansas's citizens, except the wealthy people who got the tax cuts of course. They got bigger bank accounts and deeper pockets.

Scerab
11-18-2016, 08:11 AM
Just drive your car in Alabama and the go drive in Los angles.
The roads in the former are terrible compared to the latter.
why?
in Alabama, people want great infrastructure but don't want to pay taxes.
Thats why they are the second poorest state in the union.

Common
11-18-2016, 08:15 AM
Just drive your car in Alabama and the go drive in Los angles.
The roads in the former are terrible compared to the latter.
why?
in Alabama, people want great infrastructure but don't want to pay taxes.
Thats why they are the second poorest state in the union.

Gotta make money to pay taxs right ?

FindersKeepers
11-18-2016, 08:32 AM
Actually was but not much. My point was the tax cuts which were supposed to stimulate the economy and didn't to the detriment of Kansas's citizens, except the wealthy people who got the tax cuts of course. They got bigger bank accounts and deeper pockets.

No it wasn't any better. More people qualify now, but the system is identical.

You've been silly about Brownback's policies for months, and nothing you say is accurate. I told you months ago that the "wealthy" did not get the tax cuts. You could easily find that out for yourself.

Sole proprietorships got a state-only income tax break. Sole proprietors are small businesses with not enough assets to incorporate. No corporations got cuts. Sole proprietors already pay double what employees pay in FICA taxes, so it was just an attempt to even that out.

I've heard all kinds of tall tales about the tax breaks -- but -- they're not accurate. You've been corrected before, so the fact that you would revert to the false narrative once again is very telling.

Scerab
11-18-2016, 08:36 AM
Gotta make money to pay taxs right ?
True, but to create jobs you need better infrastructure. It's well established that to make money you need to spend it in the first place.

Newpublius
11-18-2016, 08:48 AM

You've been silly about Brownback's policies for months, and nothing you say is accurate. I told you months ago that the "wealthy" did not get the tax cuts. You could easily find that out for yourself.

Sole proprietorships got a state-only income tax break. Sole proprietors are small businesses with not enough assets to incorporate. No corporations got cuts. Sole proprietors already pay double what employees pay in FICA taxes, so it was just an attempt to even that out.

I've heard all kinds of tall tales about the tax breaks -- but -- they're not accurate. You've been corrected before, so the fact that you would revert to the false narrative once again is very telling.

Indeed, if one looks at the total tax cuts as a percentage of KS state GSP then one will see. Problem of course is that tax cuts of any sort threaten the public sector special interest group and they're apoplectic that they may not keep an increasing share of people's incomes.

FindersKeepers
11-18-2016, 08:54 AM
Indeed, if one looks at the total tax cuts as a percentage of KS state GSP then one will see. Problem of course is that tax cuts of any sort threaten the public sector special interest group and they're apoplectic that they may not keep an increasing share of people's incomes.

Very true.

Newpublius
11-18-2016, 08:58 AM
Very true.

Looked it up:

"Critics contend that Mr. Brownback’s tax cuts have blown a hole in the state budget—$344 million in the 2015 fiscal year and $600 million in the next."

KS state GSP in 2007: $117.3bn, that number will be higher in 2015 of course.

.51% of state GSP and they'll snarl like wolves over it proving there's nothing so rare as a shrinking government.

Crepitus
11-18-2016, 09:07 AM

Actually, being a small business owner in Kansas I am quite well versed in who got tax cuts and who didn't.

Taxes on nonwage income for owners of about 190,000 businesses will be eliminated. The beneficiaries of this change will be owners of the limited liability corporations, subchapter-S corporations and sole proprietorships.

LINK (http://cjonline.com/news/2012-05-22/brownback-signs-large-state-tax-cut)

The big mega-corps like Boeing and Spirit negotiate their own tax breaks and other incentives directly directly. That's why they never appear in bills like this.

Educate yourself before you try to correct me please.

Crepitus
11-18-2016, 09:14 AM
Looked it up:

"Critics contend that Mr. Brownback’s tax cuts have blown a hole in the state budget—$344 million in the 2015 fiscal year and $600 million in the next."

KS state GSP in 2007: $117.3bn, that number will be higher in 2015 of course.

.51% of state GSP and they'll snarl like wolves over it proving there's nothing so rare as a shrinking government.

Shortfall after shortfall after shortfall and we had a surplus before the tax cuts were supposed to help us grow our economy. Facts matter. 10 year old percentages do not.

Newpublius
11-18-2016, 09:27 AM
Shortfall after shortfall after shortfall and we had a surplus before the tax cuts were supposed to help us grow our economy. Facts matter. 10 year old percentages do not.

So what? Cut spending.

Look, if you don't tax income from pass through entities I see a basic inequity if you tax all wages. But you have to remember, other jurisdictioms simply don't tax income......at all.

$600mn over the KS economy is very, very small.

That's like $200 per capita. I'm not going to take that mount very seriously at a macro level.

Crepitus
11-18-2016, 02:54 PM
So what? Cut spending.

Look, if you don't tax income from pass through entities I see a basic inequity if you tax all wages. But you have to remember, other jurisdictioms simply don't tax income......at all.

$600mn over the KS economy is very, very small.

That's like $200 per capita. I'm not going to take that mount very seriously at a macro level.

Spending cuts have been ongoing. Every few months something else is cut.

patrickt
11-18-2016, 04:42 PM

I'm shocked your being critical of a federal healthcare plan. Of course, the people you claim are waiting seven years for medical care are all Democrats.

Sadly, the biased reporting from NPR isn't sufficient. The OP has to lie.

Crepitus
11-18-2016, 06:06 PM
I'm shocked your being critical of a federal healthcare plan. Of course, the people you claim are waiting seven years for medical care are all Democrats.

Sadly, the biased reporting from NPR isn't sufficient. The OP has to lie.

All democrats? You are now dismissed as a partisan hack. Have a nice day.