PDA

View Full Version : Obama halts amnesty push in court, bows to incoming Trump administration

Common
11-19-2016, 09:08 AM
Very very good news !!!

he administration has already taken the first step to accommodate President-elect Trump’s positions, agreeing Friday to take a timeout on President Obama’s push to kick-start his 2014 deportation amnesty.In documents filed with a federal judge in Texas the Justice Department said that in light of the new management that will take over next year, the case should be suspended.
“Accordingly, the parties respectfully submit that further proceedings on the merits of this case, including the submission of a schedule for resolving the merits, should be stayed until February 20, 2017,” the Justice Department and lawyers for Texas said in a joint request of Judge Andrew S. Hanen.
Judge Hanen had halted Mr. Obama’s expanded amnesty in February 2015, just two days before it was to go into effect, ruling that the administration broke administrative law. An appeals court twice upheld his injunction, as did the Supreme Court, in a 4-4 deadlock decision this summer.
The injunction remains in place while Judge Hanen was to hear full arguments — but both sides now say President-elect Trump should have the chance to weigh in.
Given the change in Administration, the parties jointly submit that a brief stay of any further litigation in this Court before beginning any further proceedings would serve judicial efficiency

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/nov/18/obama-halts-amnesty-push-court-bows-incoming-trump/

MMC
11-19-2016, 10:07 AM
That is good news. BO peep's agenda foiled again.

exotix
11-19-2016, 10:34 AM
Obama ... bows to incoming Trump administration

I'm waiting for the Obama-bow-to-Trump moment ... LOL

Common
11-19-2016, 10:54 AM
He wont bow to trump, hes already bowed out, hes bowed to every muslim leader he could find along with others. Liberals call it bowing, Republicans call it Bending over

Peter1469
11-19-2016, 11:04 AM
Some of the executive agencies have stopped their current rulemaking processes to wait for direction from the next Administration. Smart move. No reason to do that much work if it is going to be undone.

MMC
11-19-2016, 11:15 AM
Some of the executive agencies have stopped their current rulemaking processes to wait for direction from the next Administration. Smart move. No reason to do that much work if it is going to be undone.

Not the EPA.....they are still trying to get some of BO peeps regulations accomplished. Still trying to help the Peep save some of his legacy.

exploited
11-19-2016, 12:27 PM
Once again, Obama befuddles the alt-right by behaving with dignity and class, with the best interests of the country in mind.

Peter1469
11-19-2016, 12:56 PM
Query? Do you think the alt-right is a significant part of the voting population? If yes, what do you base that on?

If the answer is no, are you not in fact just making excuses for your losses?

MMC
11-19-2016, 01:44 PM
Query? Do you think the alt-right is a significant part of the voting population? If yes, what do you base that on?

You have to remember they consider all on the Right.....the ALT Right. This can be easily assessed by the mere fact that they don't even try to know where those on the Right stand.

exploited
11-19-2016, 01:59 PM

Making excuses for my losses? I didn't talk about my losses. I pointed out that Barack Obama has decided not to pursue this action because he realizes the incoming President is opposed to it. This is an act of class and grace designed to emphasize the peaceful transition of power, and the need to unify as a country. He has gone out of his way to help Trump with the transition, and he has said over and over again that America needs to give him a chance. He has also supported peaceful protests and condemned violent rioting - a far cry from how Trump views protesters.

Simply put, America does not deserve Barack Obama.

It deserves Donald Trump.

Peter1469
11-19-2016, 04:39 PM
insanity

Crepitus
11-19-2016, 07:37 PM

The "alt right" is 100% of the republican party at this point, and most of the rest of the conservatives as well. They are pretty much all off the deep end. Look at the behavior here/

resister
11-19-2016, 07:39 PM
The "alt right" is 100% of the republican party at this point, and most of the rest of the conservatives as well. They are pretty much all off the deep end. Look at the behavior here/
Ditto far left, try 2 deny it, your post will contradict u

TrueBlue
11-19-2016, 07:45 PM
Exactly! Actually, it was the judge who stopped it, not Obama bowing to Trump something he would never do.

resister
11-19-2016, 07:47 PM
Obummer flip flop's more than a bisexual....LOL...*snicker*....LOL...

TrueBlue
11-19-2016, 07:50 PM
Obummer flip flop's more than a bisexual....LOL...*snicker*....LOL...
Do you speak from certain experience?

resister
11-19-2016, 07:54 PM
Do you speak from certain experience?
Yep, what True Blue relayed 2 me

TrueBlue
11-19-2016, 07:57 PM
Yep, what True Blue relayed 2 me
And you loved it no doubt, huh! http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/icq/cool.gif

resister
11-19-2016, 08:00 PM
And you loved it no doubt, huh! http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/icq/cool.gif
With your wife, hell yeah!!!:afro:

decedent
11-19-2016, 08:02 PM

Maybe it was when Obama was coaching Trump on how to do his job.

TrueBlue
11-19-2016, 08:03 PM
With your wife, hell yeah!!!:afro:
Leave others out of this that have nothing to do with this discussion.

Crepitus
11-19-2016, 08:04 PM
Ditto far left, try 2 deny it, your post will contradict u

I ain't arguing. The nation is drastically polarised.

TrueBlue
11-19-2016, 08:11 PM
I ain't arguing. The nation is drastically polarised.
The Left <=======NO MIDDLE GROUND=============> The Right

resister
11-19-2016, 08:50 PM
Do you speak from certain experience?Quit cryin hypocrite