PDA

View Full Version : The election was one battle, not the whole war

donttread
11-20-2016, 08:29 AM
The people rallied against the dyed in the wool Washington insiders and defeated the "Washington insider Poster Girl" forced upon registered Democrats by the DNC. IMO we had better options to default to, like Rand Paul for example, but still what happened was historic and shows that you can only enslave people's minds for so long. There is hope.
However, we must push for non government as usual types and third and 4th parties in every election from dog catcher to Senate over the next four years. We must bring in the millions disenfranchise by the Donkephant.
We must remember that government has limited purposes and is not meant to be either our daddy or our business manager. We must search out the truth about each candidate and disengage from listening to MSM political news .
So if you see anyone walking away saying "wow we did it". Tell them we've only gotten. started

Tahuyaman
11-20-2016, 08:35 AM
While Trump isn't one of the Washington establishment types, I'm not sure he's the one who can lead / motivate this cleansing we so desperately need.

I'll remain cautiously optimistic, but I won't be completely convinced until I see some actual results.

donttread
11-20-2016, 09:07 AM
While Trump isn't one of the Washington establishment types, I'm not sure he's the one who can lead / motivate this cleansing we so desperately need.

I'll remain cautiously optimistic, but I won't be completely convinced until I see some actual results.

Good point. afterall he has been part of both "major parties" and was likely the buyer of the influnce for sale our normal politicians peddle. Nobody gets that rich in business without being an SOB at times .
But I too remain hopeful, it would appear he is not nearly as "owned" as typical politicians are by the time they get this far and all we really need from him is to begin the tear down of Wshington to the point of critical mass when it have it's own momenteum.

MMC
11-20-2016, 09:19 AM
Trump is a populist.....the one thing we don't want to see is a populist party always looking to run some celebrity. Still both Ryan and McConnell were the ones to run money for down the ballet. Both are still there. Both supported the Import Export bank and crony capitalism.

Both were voted for Unanimously to lead each part of Congress. So not much was changed.

One reason why the Repubs managed to give a smackdown on the Demos. Was due to Priebus. Running grassroots for them.....since 2010. The Demos waited for the Presidential. Thinking it would be enough to get out the vote.

Taking out the Demos party would help to gain significant support for another party to step in and fill the void. Finish them off and never let another party that is about dividing the nation up to take their place.

Peter1469
11-20-2016, 12:02 PM

Correct. Deeds not words.

Standing Wolf
11-20-2016, 12:24 PM
You are free to pretend to your hearts' content that Donald J. Trump is the President-elect because people wanted to see a political outsider/amateur in that office, or because he had original and compelling ideas about improving the economy - he doesn't, by the way - and that may very well have been your reasons for voting for him; I would take you at your word if you told me they were.

The plain truth, of course, is that - whatever your motivation for supporting him - he would not have gotten past the primaries without his constant, nasty, often misleading appeals to people's worst instincts and prejudices. The protests, the booing of Pence on Broadway, the horror and dismay at Trump's impending ascension among many groups and communities - these did not happen in a vacuum, or because someone was lying about Trump's views; Trump's own words formed the environment in which such reactions were inevitable.

Tahuyaman
11-20-2016, 12:26 PM
Correct. Deeds not words.

Exactly. I wouldn't expect him to get everything he has promised, but I do expect some tax relief and immigration reforms.

I also expect Supreme Court nominees who respect the constitutional restraints placed upon government.

Peter1469
11-20-2016, 12:29 PM
As I said over a year ago, this election turned on nationalism v. globalism.

That is why the supporters of both sides ignored the flaws. Trump voters ignored his bombast. Hillary supports ignored her criminality.

If the Hard Left can't get that through their thick skulls they will continue to be routed at the polls.

Tahuyaman
11-20-2016, 12:30 PM
You are free to pretend to your hearts' content that Donald J. Trump is the President-elect because people wanted to see a political outsider/amateur in that office, or because he had original and compelling ideas about improving the economy - he doesn't, by the way - and that may very well have been your reasons for voting for him; I would take you at your word if you told me they were.

The plain truth, of course, is that - whatever your motivation for supporting him - he would not have gotten past the primaries without his constant, nasty, often misleading appeals to people's worst instincts and prejudices. The protests, the booing of Pence on Broadway, the horror and dismay at Trump's impending ascension among many groups and communities - these did not happen in a vacuum, or because someone was lying about Trump's views; Trump's own words formed the environment in which such reactions were inevitable.

people of your mind-set are becoming more irrelevant as time goes on.

You can either respond by being more angry and stop your feet even more, or you can recognize this and temper your views.

Peter1469
11-20-2016, 12:31 PM
people of your mind-set are becoming more irrelevant as time goes on.

You can either respond by being more angry and stop your feet even more, or you can recognize this and temper your views.
The Hard Left earned their place as being non-relevant.

resister
11-20-2016, 12:34 PM

Meanwhile,hillary further drove in a wedge with her constant nastiness

Tahuyaman
11-20-2016, 12:57 PM
The Hard Left earned their place as being non-relevant.

yes, they are very deserving of the irrelevance they are earning.