PDA

View Full Version : tPF Is the DNC the new GOP?

Captain Obvious
11-22-2016, 03:33 PM
By that I mean - is the DNC now a party much like the GOP that they're becoming further and further disconnected with their party base?

(btw - if you hear some pundit bring this up, this was my idea first)

Look at the symptoms.* The GOP, rather than admit that it isn't reaching it's party base or serving conservatives well, they look at what they're doing wrong in the election process.* We're not campaigning, we're not reaching independents, we're not spending enough campaign dollars... yadda, yadda.* So isn't that what the DNC is doing now?* Finger pointing?* Teh O'bama blaming Rodham for a lousy campaign?*

Are they looking inward and saying "what are we doing to distance ourselves from our party base"?* Hell no, they're looking at how they can throw more money and lies to harvest votes.

Exactly the same thing the GOP did and is doing.* And do I think the GOP has changed or is changing?* Fuck no, they just stepped in shit now and came out smelling like roses, this will extend the GOP's ultimate fate and that's abandonment of the party by it's conservative base.

Because the collective parties are stupid, in the sense that they believe their support base are complete mindless lemmings and either they'll be supported via that concept or they'll jam enough ad dollars down their throats where their minds will be "made right".

I'm encouraged that the silent majority proved this theory wrong and that the middle class and rurals and whites said "fuck you" to the establishment and made a difference.* Will this phenomenon continue?* Dunno, but the other question is - will the DNC and GOP for that matter make any significant changes to their party platforms in order to better serve their voting base.

I'm saying no, no way in hell.* The parties are too arrogant.

Cigar
11-22-2016, 03:37 PM
No

Cigar banned from thread by Captain Obvious. Please direct questions/concerns to him.

Common
11-22-2016, 04:57 PM
Democrats still think they won

Tahuyaman
11-22-2016, 06:21 PM
By that I mean - is the DNC now a party much like the GOP that they're becoming further and further disconnected with their party base?

(btw - if you hear some pundit bring this up, this was my idea first)

Look at the symptoms.* The GOP, rather than admit that it isn't reaching it's party base or serving conservatives well, they look at what they're doing wrong in the election process.* We're not campaigning, we're not reaching independents, we're not spending enough campaign dollars... yadda, yadda.* So isn't that what the DNC is doing now?* Finger pointing?* Teh O'bama blaming Rodham for a lousy campaign?*

Are they looking inward and saying "what are we doing to distance ourselves from our party base"?* Hell no, they're looking at how they can throw more money and lies to harvest votes.

Exactly the same thing the GOP did and is doing.* And do I think the GOP has changed or is changing?* $#@! no, they just stepped in $#@! now and came out smelling like roses, this will extend the GOP's ultimate fate and that's abandonment of the party by it's conservative base.

Because the collective parties are stupid, in the sense that they believe their support base are complete mindless lemmings and either they'll be supported via that concept or they'll jam enough ad dollars down their throats where their minds will be "made right".

I'm encouraged that the silent majority proved this theory wrong and that the middle class and rurals and whites said "$#@! you" to the establishment and made a difference.* Will this phenomenon continue?* Dunno, but the other question is - will the DNC and GOP for that matter make any significant changes to their party platforms in order to better serve their voting base.

I'm saying no, no way in hell.* The parties are too arrogant.

The Democratic Party has been slowly rejecting their traditional base for quite some time. Bill Clinton saw it coming and tried to stop it, but it's now out of control.

The Democratic Party has morphed into a conglomeration of several far left special interest and victim groups. The problem is that many of those groups hate each other.

The former mainstream of Democratic politics has been shoved aside by all the victims and fringe groups in the party.

The GOP tried to be everything to everyone and it failed. The Democratic Party is mimicking that now.

Common
11-22-2016, 07:30 PM
All the daffy special interests they cater too and they blew off the entire working class in this country, abandoned unions with trade deals that murdered labor.

resister
11-22-2016, 07:38 PM
All the daffy special interests they cater too and they blew off the entire working class in this country, abandoned unions with trade deals that murdered labor.Mess wit da bull, get tha horn

Tahuyaman
11-22-2016, 08:02 PM
All the daffy special interests they cater too and they blew off the entire working class in this country, abandoned unions with trade deals that murdered labor.

Now they represent the very fringe elements of American society. That is not an expanding class.

Tahuyaman
11-22-2016, 08:18 PM

The labor unions contributed to their own demise by remaing stuck in the mind-set of the industrial revolution.

As conditions got better, they refused to acknowledge this and continued to make more and more demands. Eventually, you demand yourself right out of relevance.

Common
11-23-2016, 12:55 AM
The labor unions contributed to their own demise by remaing stuck in the mind-set of the industrial revolution.

As conditions got better, they refused to acknowledge this and continued to make more and more demands. Eventually, you demand yourself right out of relevance.

On this we disagree

donttread
11-23-2016, 07:25 AM
The DNC has proven themselves to be control freak central . No other way to put it. They didn't even allow registered Democrats to fairly pick their candidate.

Tahuyaman
11-23-2016, 10:07 AM

On this we disagree

why? You don't believe that the labor unions contributed to their own demise?