PDA

View Full Version : How's this for Racism In our four major sports.?

donttread
11-23-2016, 03:03 PM
The general population of America appears to be about 60 % white non -hispanic, 17% hispanic/latino, 13% black and 5.6 % Asian

But the NBA gets an A plus from the "Institute for Diversity and Ethics in sports" despite 74% of the players being black , 23% white and just 3% Asians and others .

The NFL also gets an A plus for boasting rosters that are nearly 69 % black and 28 % white with the " Asians and others" underrepresented again at 3%. And there hasn't been a white CB in the NFL since Jason Seahorn.

MLB gets a "B" with a breakdown of 59% white , 29% latino , 8 % black and the Asians and others only at 4% again.

Now how can they be getting these grades when all three sports under represent whites , Asians and others dramatically ? Especially the NBA where the population percentages are completely reversed? Two of the three sports, the ones with the A pluses also under represented Latinos . So what are we really grading here , how well "people of color" preferrably blacks dominate the sport? Very little concern about Latinos, none for Asians and the less whites the better. I wonder what those crirteria look like? LOL The organization would appear to have learned Orwellian Doublespeak very well.

There is Hockey where a full 98% of the players are white compared to 77% of the population . So as bad as it sounds whites are only 25 % or so over represented in Hockey ( about 67% if you consider them all white non-hispanics) compared to blacks being over represented in the NBA nearly 600% and over 500% in the NFL. While all told , facting in all four major sports, it would appear that every race / ethnic group except blacks is under represented .

No reverse racism in our world though, nothing to see here. "Pay no attention to the racist behind the curtain"

resister
11-23-2016, 03:07 PM
Its only racist for whites to be racist.There is no such thing as a black racist.At least that is how MSM sells it

Cigar
11-23-2016, 03:08 PM
The best way to settle this argument is Play a little One-On-One :laugh:

Cigar
11-23-2016, 03:12 PM
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/64/c8/be/64c8be43d8bf51f48277f24c1c5e85b3.jpg (https://www.pinterest.com/pin/444800900675625220/)https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/45/92/89/459289290fba35fa11a9bd0be20c7be4.jpg (https://www.pinterest.com/mooringaj/jordan/)

https://youtu.be/p5WUOnTxwPw

Captain Obvious
11-23-2016, 03:13 PM
Discriminating against white people isnt racist according ro the idiot left.

Congrats, this is why Trump got elected.

donttread
11-23-2016, 03:19 PM
Its only racist for whites to be racist.There is no such thing as a black racist.At least that is how MSM sells it

The MSM pretends all other forms of racism don't even exist. Most murders are within your own race, but I'd be willing to bet the highest interracial murder rate percentage wise is black on brown .

donttread
11-23-2016, 03:23 PM

Curious that the Celtic dynasty was among the "whitest teams in the NBA and that the Patriots , as white as anyone at the skill positions are a dynsaty as well. Kinda makes you wonder if discrimination isn't keeping good players, especially CB's and receivers off most team's rosters.

donttread
11-23-2016, 03:25 PM
The best way to settle this argument is Play a little One-On-One :laugh:

Not really, one on one demonstrates limited skills compared to those needed for the team game.

donttread
11-23-2016, 03:26 PM

You don't think there are picks of McHale and Bird making it look easy scoring on black dudes?

Safety
11-23-2016, 03:28 PM
You are absolutely correct, it is very racist. I think that if you are appalled by it's blatant racism, then stop going to games or watching the sport.

Captain Obvious
11-23-2016, 03:29 PM
You don't think there are picks of McHale and Bird making it look easy scoring on black dudes?

No clue what youre talking about.

I do know there are like two black dudes in the NHL lol

Cigar
Curious that the Celtic dynasty was among the "whitest teams in the NBA and that the Patriots , as white as anyone at the skill positions are a dynsaty as well. Kinda makes you wonder if discrimination isn't keeping good players, especially CB's and receivers off most team's rosters.

2007-08 Championship :grin:

http://67.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5e689Bepf1qajugo.jpg (http://bastardswordsman.tumblr.com/post/24804640651/is-this-the-end-new-edition-aka-i-am-a-celtic)

Safety
Damn, white nationalists are really losing it, even after their messiah was elected...

Cigar
11-23-2016, 03:31 PM

I'm just F'cking with you dude ... :laugh:

https://goldinauctions.com/ItemImages/000014/14765a_lg.jpeg

del
11-23-2016, 03:31 PM

only if you're kinda dumb

Captain Obvious
11-23-2016, 03:32 PM
Damn, white nationalists are really losing it, even after their messiah was elected...

They have a long way before they catch up.

del
11-23-2016, 03:34 PM
well, a nut attacked a guy on the subway at the direction of obama, so you really can't blame them

del
11-23-2016, 03:34 PM
They have a long way before they catch up.
:rofl:

yeah, right

Safety
11-23-2016, 03:46 PM
well, a nut attacked a guy on the subway at the direction of obama, so you really can't blame them

Clearly this guy represents all black people, but the Heil Trump crew only consists of three people and Tilla Tequilla.

Standing Wolf
11-23-2016, 03:57 PM
I'm going to give those claiming that the racial breakdown within the major American team sports somehow represents racism the benefit of the doubt and assume that you're putting us on or trying to be funny. Please tell me that you are.

Safety
11-23-2016, 04:07 PM
I'm going to give those claiming that the racial breakdown within the major American team sports somehow represents racism the benefit of the doubt and assume that you're putting us on or trying to be funny. Please tell me that you are.

'fraid not.

The Xl
11-23-2016, 04:19 PM
If higher black ratios dominate sports, and it's accepted and no one has an issue with it because they're generally recognized to be better athletes and not because of racism, would it also be fair to accept and recognize that white and Asians are going to hold higher skill jobs and aquire more wealth not because of racism, but because they're more intelligent, on average?

I don't think either statement is nessisarily true, but I'd like to see what some who believe in the former think about the latter.

jimmyz
11-23-2016, 04:28 PM
If I'm an owner I hire a general manager and staff to find and sign the best players that budget and salary cap can allow regardless of race. Common sense I would think.

Safety
11-23-2016, 04:30 PM
If higher black ratios dominate sports, and it's accepted and no one has an issue with it because they're generally recognized to be better athletes and not because of racism, would it also be fair to accept and recognize that white and Asians are going to hold higher skill jobs and aquire more wealth not because of racism, but because they're more intelligent, on average?

I don't think either statement is nessisarily true, but I'd like to see what some who believe in the former think about the latter.

One is a skill that they spend most of their childhood practicing, the other is a product that outside factors can manipulate and control. Nobody is forced to watch a basketball or football game, however, most countries would like for their citizens to succeed and be successful.

The Xl
11-23-2016, 04:32 PM
One is a skill that they spend most of their childhood practicing, the other is a product that outside factors can manipulate and control. Nobody is forced to watch a basketball or football game, however, most countries would like for their citizens to succeed and be successful.

Raw athletic ability isn't the only variable in sports, but is certainly a big variable, and can be honed but not nessicarily taught.

Safety
11-23-2016, 04:38 PM
Raw athletic ability isn't the only variable in sports, but is certainly a big variable, and can be honed but not nessicarily taught.

I've heard all the excuses as to why blacks dominate in sports from "fast muscle twitches" to "slave breeding", but yet when one looks at the inner city, who do you see out playing basketball or football? I've known guys that spend five plus hours every day just playing basketball, hopefully with that dedication they would be good at it.

The Xl
11-23-2016, 04:43 PM
I've heard all the excuses as to why blacks dominate in sports from "fast muscle twitches" to "slave breeding", but yet when one looks at the inner city, who do you see out playing basketball or football? I've known guys that spend five plus hours every day just playing basketball, hopefully with that dedication they would be good at it.

I actually agree to an extent. It seems that you don't feel that these traits are nessisarily racial or genetic, so the question wouldn't apply to you.

Mister D
11-23-2016, 04:47 PM
Only in America do we argue about the most obvious things...

Safety
11-23-2016, 04:50 PM
I actually agree to an extent. It seems that you don't feel that these traits are nessisarily racial or genetic, so the question wouldn't apply to you.

No, I don't feel those traits are racial or genetic, I do feel that nutrition and diet plays a big role, they grow some big boys (white and black) down here in the south.

The Xl
11-23-2016, 04:51 PM
No, I don't feel those traits are racial or genetic, I do feel that nutrition and diet plays a big role, they grow some big boys (white and black) down here in the south.

I agree.

Mister D
11-23-2016, 04:56 PM
I agree.
Do you? If this all came down to nutrition and diet shouldn't professional sports be dominated by middle class white guys from the north east and west coast? For some reason they wind up driving desks. Instead it's dominated by people from lower class backgrounds who have correspondingly poorer nutrition and diets. It's patently obvious that there is a genetic component to this.

Standing Wolf
11-23-2016, 04:58 PM

I've been hearing about the "slave breeding" explanation for at least thirty years, and I honestly don't know enough about the subject to have an opinion. I do know that White sports commentators have been fired for mentioning it, but I'm pretty sure I've heard Black scholars bring it up without any negative repercussions, so who knows?

The only sport I really know (or care) much about is Baseball, and I know that past a certain level it requires not only natural ability but a willingness to practice till your hands bleed. Of course it usually also requires access to the right equipment and the right teachers, and that's where those kids who come from the higher socioeconomic strata have the advantage. In places like Cuba and the Dominican, everybody 9 to 90 is obsessed by Baseball, so there is no shortage of teachers, and the poverty of those places and the lack of quality equipment and facilities is overcome...whereas interest in Baseball has been waning in Black communities in America for decades.

Mister D
11-23-2016, 05:05 PM
I've been hearing about the "slave breeding" explanation for at least thirty years, and I honestly don't know enough about the subject to have an opinion. I do know that White sports commentators have been fired for mentioning it, but I'm pretty sure I've heard Black scholars bring it up without any negative repercussions, so who knows?

The only sport I really know (or care) much about is Baseball, and I know that past a certain level it requires not only natural ability but a willingness to practice till your hands bleed. Of course it usually also requires access to the right equipment and the right teachers, and that's where those kids who come from the higher socioeconomic strata have the advantage. In places like Cuba and the Dominican, everybody 9 to 90 is obsessed by Baseball, so there is no shortage of teachers, and the poverty of those places and the lack of quality equipment and facilities is overcome...whereas interest in Baseball has been waning in Black communities in America for decades.
There is no question that practice and dedication are crucial and count for more in the end than raw ability at least in terms of professional sports.

Standing Wolf
11-23-2016, 05:05 PM
Do you? If this all came down to nutrition and diet shouldn't professional sports be dominated by middle class white guys from the north east and west coast? For some reason they wind up driving desks. Instead it's dominated by people from lower class backgrounds who have correspondingly poorer nutrition and diets. It's patently obvious that there is a genetic component to this.

You could be right about basketball and football, but professional Baseball IS dominated by "middle class white guys from the northeast and west coast".

Mister D
11-23-2016, 05:06 PM
The breeding explanation is plausible at least in terms of size. Not sold on it though.

Mister D
11-23-2016, 05:08 PM
You could be right about basketball and football, but professional Baseball IS dominated by "middle class white guys from the northeast and west coast".
Oddly enough, it's also the sport requiring the least of the three in terms of speed and strength.

I used "in terms of" three times in three posts. Sheesh.

Mister D
11-23-2016, 05:10 PM
The same fears we have over intelligence present themselves. For the record, there are many fine white athletes. There are many fine black intellectuals. No one is suggesting otherwise.

Safety
11-23-2016, 05:13 PM
LoL

Mister D
11-23-2016, 05:19 PM
LoL
@Common Sense (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=1085) you've got two left.

"White people sure are oppressed"

"People can be moral without religion!"

"LoL" is Safety's now. What can you do? Black people steal. It sucks because what was cool about "LoL" is that you could drop it anywhere and still feel like you said something. What now? Someone posts their favorite chicken recipe and you're like "People can be moral without religion!". :undecided:

Green Arrow
11-23-2016, 05:26 PM
There are no white cornerbacks because whites don't usually want to be cornerbacks.

Jesus, there's so much wrong with this post.

jimmyz
11-23-2016, 05:35 PM
Anybody seen the price of a complete hockey kit? Ice time cost? Absence of ice rinks in the hood? How many beautiful sports complexes being funded and built in inner-city Detroit? You can play basketball with on a rusted metal hoop bolted to a backboard in 1975 with a $30 ball in every black neighborhood.

Standing Wolf
11-23-2016, 05:38 PM
Oddly enough, it's also the sport requiring the least of the three in terms of speed and strength.

An exceptional power hitter may be able to get by with below average speed - they're just not going to play him in right or center field, or expect him to get too many infield hits - but unless you've got a huge bat to offer, you're going to have to have some serious speed on the base paths. Not to mention being able to hit a small cowhide-covered sphere coming at you in any number of bizarre trajectories at speeds of 90 to 103 mph with a cylindrical club and only a fraction of a second to judge how to swing that club so as to do so - a feat believed by many to be the most difficult in all of team sports.

Mister D
11-23-2016, 05:40 PM
An exceptional power hitter may be able to get by with below average speed - they're just not going to play him in right or center field, or expect him to get too many infield hits - but unless you've got a huge bat to offer, you're going to have to have some serious speed on the base paths. Not to mention being able to hit a small cowhide-covered sphere coming at you in any number of bizarre trajectories at speeds of 90 to 103 mph with a cylindrical club and only a fraction of a second to judge how to swing that club so as to do so - a feat believed by many to be the most difficult in all of team sports.

Would you not agree that the demands made upon your body by basketball and football are much higher than those made by baseball? You spend close to half the game sitting down! That's all I'm saying.

donttread
11-23-2016, 05:44 PM
You are absolutely correct, it is very racist. I think that if you are appalled by it's blatant racism, then stop going to games or watching the sport.

Sure as soon as you boycott white businesses.

donttread
11-23-2016, 05:47 PM
2007-08 Championship :grin:

http://67.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5e689Bepf1qajugo.jpg (http://bastardswordsman.tumblr.com/post/24804640651/is-this-the-end-new-edition-aka-i-am-a-celtic)

Not the dynasty days of Bird, McHale and Havlicek

Safety
11-23-2016, 05:52 PM

I'll do that as soon as I make a whiny thread about them.

del
11-23-2016, 05:52 PM

the celtics were the first nba team to start 5 african american players in 1964.

the celtics won the nba championship every year from 1959-1966

that was a dynasty

havlicek never played with bird and mchale

Green Arrow
11-23-2016, 05:53 PM

Pretty sure Michael Jordan's Bulls were better anyway.

Safety
Would you not agree that the demands made upon your body by basketball and football are much higher than those made by baseball? You spend close to half the game sitting down! That's all I'm saying.

Actually soccer requires more demand from your body than football and basketball combined, yet it seems to be pretty well diversified around the world...

Green Arrow
the celtics were the first nba team to start 5 african american players in 1964.

the celtics won the nba championship every year from 1959-1966

that was a dynasty

havlicek never played with bird and mchale
But he's white.

del
11-23-2016, 05:54 PM

I'll do that as soon as I make a whiny thread about them.

:rofl:

Standing Wolf
11-23-2016, 05:54 PM
Would you not agree that the demands made upon your body by basketball and football are much higher than those made by baseball. You spend close to half the game sitting down! That's all I'm saying.

The demands are certainly different - I'll give you that. A Baseball player doesn't need to worry about having a 280-pound opponent smashing into him repeatedly in the course of a game. On the other hand, Major League teams play 162 regular season games in a six-month period, and many starting players appear in nearly all of them. I don't even know how many games a pro football or basketball team plays - that's how little I follow those sports - but I know that it's a relatively small number. The wear and tear in Baseball may not be as dramatic or obvious, in some cases, but it happens over the course of the season.

Safety
11-23-2016, 05:55 PM
@Common Sense (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=1085) you've got two left.

"White people sure are oppressed"

"People can be moral without religion!"

"LoL" is Safety's now. What can you do? Black people steal. It sucks because what was cool about "LoL" is that you could drop it anywhere and still feel like you said something. What now? Someone posts their favorite chicken recipe and you're like "People can be moral without religion!". :undecided:

Oh snap, a criminal and chicken reference in the same post, a twofer!

Mister D
11-23-2016, 05:58 PM
Actually soccer requires more demand from your body than football and basketball combined, yet it seems to be pretty well diversified around the world...
Which is why most soccer positions require men of tall stature and weighing in excess of 250 pounds. Yeah, OK.

donttread
11-23-2016, 05:59 PM

Well that would be a silly thing to do. You're talking about meat on the hoof businesses that reject perfectly good players because their too short or too tall for their position. Many of the Arron Roger's types wouldn't make the NFL today because of it's recent fetish with lineman sized QB's. Anyway to assume that racism has nothing to do with all of this would be childishly navie. You think zero White CB's palyed well enough in HS to earn a shot in college or in college to earn a shot at the pros in the past 15 years? That would be ridiculous. They're told "beef up and play saftey " because they are white. Besides we were certainly told it was racist when not "enough " black QB's were in the NFL. And "enough" based upon population percentage would have been somewhere around 2 or 3 starters and maybe twice that many backups. But I don't think that's the "enough " they had in mind. So now we have a leauge full of the Kapernics and RG 3's of the world who come out running and gunning and go down hill each year compared to a very few Russell Wilson's.
Anyway if that was racism so is this, you can't have it both ways. Unless you're an American liberal , then having it both ways is what you do.

Standing Wolf

Sorry, but no sport where the players wear short pants and the scores never go above the low single digits will ever be very popular in America. Every major team sport except Baseball looks, quite frankly, like a series of Chinese fire drills to me, but especially soccer.

Mister D
Oh snap, a criminal and chicken reference in the same post, a twofer!

Straight up gangsta, son. :afro:

Mister D
11-23-2016, 06:01 PM
Sorry, but no sport where the players wear short pants and the scores never go above the low single digits will ever be very popular in America. Every major team sport except Baseball looks, quite frankly, like a series of Chinese fire drills to me, but especially soccer.

Obviously, it's a cultural thing in this case but I never quite got soccer either. That's changing though. I see soccer leagues all over now. A lot fo kids are playing.

donttread
11-23-2016, 06:02 PM
i'll do that as soon as i make a whiny thread about them.

lol

Safety
11-23-2016, 06:12 PM
Which is why most soccer positions require men of tall stature and weighing in excess of 250 pounds. Yeah, OK.

So which is your argument exactly, is it the big stature of the players, or the demanding nature of the sport?

donttread
11-23-2016, 06:15 PM
For those of you who don't get it . A lot, a whole lot , of white ( and probably Asian) non-racist are sick and tired of hearing the racism card played by blacks. Four years ago a society that has a white majority re-elected a black president after he had followed up a "Peace Prize" with 4 straight years of war, and set spending a debt records.
Sorry, but racist societies just don't do that. That doesn't mean the society is devoid of racism, it just means it not nearly enough racism to hand out blame cards to an entire race unless your a dem and need to keep them right where they are.
Also we are sick of the concept that racism is only talked about in terms of whites being racist against others . Racism exist in all directions and as Larry Elder once said in his book "Ten things you can't say in America" "Blacks are more racist that whites."
For example what's the average black man's fear if he stumbles into a white neighborhood? Snobbery. Now what's the average white man's fear if he stumbles into a black neighborhood. Who's more racist again?
There is also some full on racism between blacks and latinos but MSM never mentions it.
Get a job, be a father to your children and don't let your men refer to you as "bitches and hos" Would be a great start

resister
11-23-2016, 06:18 PM
Listening ,"African"americans?

Mister D
11-23-2016, 06:19 PM
So which is your argument exactly, is it the big stature of the players, or the demanding nature of the sport?
The topic is a disparity in professional sports. That a professional football and basketball career entails sharing the field or court with very large, powerful specimens is part and parcel of the demands the sport makes on the body.

Safety
11-23-2016, 06:20 PM

I agree about the low scores being a big deterrent, but I also think the physical demand of running constantly for 45 minutes per half is too much for our lazy society to handle.

Mister D
11-23-2016, 06:20 PM
The demands are certainly different - I'll give you that. A Baseball player doesn't need to worry about having a 280-pound opponent smashing into him repeatedly in the course of a game. On the other hand, Major League teams play 162 regular season games in a six-month period, and many starting players appear in nearly all of them. I don't even know how many games a pro football or basketball team plays - that's how little I follow those sports - but I know that it's a relatively small number. The wear and tear in Baseball may not be as dramatic or obvious, in some cases, but it happens over the course of the season.
fair point

Mister D
11-23-2016, 06:21 PM
I agree about the low scores being a big deterrent, but I also think the physical demand of running constantly for 45 minutes per half is too much for our lazy society to handle.
Most Americans can't make it around the track once without breathing heavily.

Safety
11-23-2016, 06:22 PM
The topic is a disparity in professional sports. That a professional football and basketball career entails sharing the field or court with very large, powerful specimens is part and parcel of the demands the sport makes on the body.

And nothing is bigger than a 400+ lb center which is played by both black and white cornbread eating mf'ers

donttread
11-23-2016, 06:52 PM
Listening ,"African"americans?

I wonder how many of them have ever even been to Africa

resister
11-23-2016, 06:57 PM
Zero, mostly.If I meet a real "African American"i ask them, "how long have you been in America?"If you must self identify as some hyphenated American,then you would be "American African"

donttread
11-23-2016, 07:03 PM

I believe that many baseball injuries occur because the players stand or sit most of the game and then have to sprint and then stand again. Muscles get stiff. But today's sports aren't like they used to be , the average football player might face 10 minutes or less of actual action over 3 plus hours.

Captain Obvious
11-23-2016, 07:05 PM
I don't have a problem with the racial imbalance on sports teams.

Society should follow the same rules - you obtain your position in society because of your abilities and skills, not because of your race or what's between (or not between) your legs.

Green Arrow
11-23-2016, 07:19 PM
I feel like someone else said this once, but if they didn't I'll happily accept credit for it.

Let an idiot speak for long enough and they'll prove it.

Common
11-23-2016, 07:36 PM
The general population of America appears to be about 60 % white non -hispanic, 17% hispanic/latino, 13% black and 5.6 % Asian

But the NBA gets an A plus from the "Institute for Diversity and Ethics in sports" despite 74% of the players being black , 23% white and just 3% Asians and others .

The NFL also gets an A plus for boasting rosters that are nearly 69 % black and 28 % white with the " Asians and others" underrepresented again at 3%. And there hasn't been a white CB in the NFL since Jason Seahorn.

MLB gets a "B" with a breakdown of 59% white , 29% latino , 8 % black and the Asians and others only at 4% again.

Now how can they be getting these grades when all three sports under represent whites , Asians and others dramatically ? Especially the NBA where the population percentages are completely reversed? Two of the three sports, the ones with the A pluses also under represented Latinos . So what are we really grading here , how well "people of color" preferrably blacks dominate the sport? Very little concern about Latinos, none for Asians and the less whites the better. I wonder what those crirteria look like? LOL The organization would appear to have learned Orwellian Doublespeak very well.

There is Hockey where a full 98% of the players are white compared to 77% of the population . So as bad as it sounds whites are only 25 % or so over represented in Hockey ( about 67% if you consider them all white non-hispanics) compared to blacks being over represented in the NBA nearly 600% and over 500% in the NFL. While all told , facting in all four major sports, it would appear that every race / ethnic group except blacks is under represented .

No reverse racism in our world though, nothing to see here. "Pay no attention to the racist behind the curtain"

I gotta disagree with this, most white guys cant shoot baskets, period. We make up for it in water sports lol

I dont think pro sport teams would pass up a white player or black if they were superior to another and had the ability to make them more money.

I think its a talent thing myself

Mister D
11-23-2016, 08:43 PM

Society should follow the same rules - you obtain your position in society because of your abilities and skills, not because of your race or what's between (or not between) your legs.

No reasonable person does. The problem is that admitting the obvious opens the door...well to other obvious things that are verboten.

Mister D
11-23-2016, 08:45 PM
And nothing is bigger than a 400+ lb center which is played by both black and white cornbread eating mf'ers
And? Yes, a lot of offensive linemen are white. Not too many defense men who have to quick and agile Good point. :wink:

Mister D
11-23-2016, 08:45 PM
I have a better understanding of African history than your average black man.

Mister D
11-23-2016, 08:47 PM
I feel like someone else said this once, but if they didn't I'll happily accept credit for it.

Let an idiot speak for long enough and they'll prove it.
Right. I mean what white kid wants to be a cornerback? lol

Captain Obvious
11-23-2016, 08:50 PM

Jon bon Jovi's kid is (or was) a CB for Notre Dame.

Captain Obvious
11-23-2016, 08:51 PM
No reasonable person does. The problem is that admitting the obvious opens the door...well to other obvious things that are verboten.

ver-wot...

Mister D
11-23-2016, 08:54 PM
ver-wot...

It means you hate black people and want to exterminate them. Stop pretending you don't know!

Captain Obvious
11-23-2016, 08:55 PM
It means you hate black people and want to exterminate them. Stop pretending you don't know!

Hey - I had a Catholic education, give me a break

:biglaugh:

Don
11-23-2016, 09:03 PM
Maybe the people who do the grading are looking for a reverse effect. If the community is 85% Caucasian then the sport should reflect that by having only 15% Caucasian players.

Actually the NFL is a good example of not having "equality." Black people represent the sport at a higher percentage than their numbers in the country because they are good athletes. And I'm not insinuating they have inferior intelligence either. They don't get hired to play because they are black but because they are the best. The best person gets a wide receiver position because he's the best, not because of his racial makeup. The coaches don't cut blacks any slack because they are black. They have to be smart enough to remember and perform on the field all the intricacies of the game plan. If they can't cut it they don't play. Black players prove they can do all that without consideration of their race. If all jobs were handled that way I know (from experience) they could compete there too. The "equality" thing is or should be an insult to them or anyone else. Want equality or fairness? Put average people of both (or should I say all) sexes and ages and races by a cross section of the country and see how many people watch professional football.

Green Arrow
11-23-2016, 10:04 PM

Maybe anecdotal, but I only knew one white kid that wanted to be a cornerback on our high school football team. First game he played, couldn't keep up with the wide receivers and decided he wanted to try for QB.

Mister D
11-23-2016, 10:18 PM
Maybe anecdotal, but I only knew one white kid that wanted to be a cornerback on our high school football team. First game he played, couldn't keep up with the wide receivers and decided he wanted to try for QB.
How many kids did you know who all their lives dreamed of being defensive tackles? Or a center...or offensive guard...lol C'mon, man.

resister
11-23-2016, 10:21 PM
Maybe the people who do the grading are looking for a reverse effect. If the community is 85% Caucasian then the sport should reflect that by having only 15% Caucasian players.

Actually the NFL is a good example of not having "equality." Black people represent the sport at a higher percentage than their numbers in the country because they are good athletes. And I'm not insinuating they have inferior intelligence either. They don't get hired to play because they are black but because they are the best. The best person gets a wide receiver position because he's the best, not because of his racial makeup. The coaches don't cut blacks any slack because they are black. They have to be smart enough to remember and perform on the field all the intricacies of the game plan. If they can't cut it they don't play. Black players prove they can do all that without consideration of their race. If all jobs were handled that way I know (from experience) they could compete there too. The "equality" thing is or should be an insult to them or anyone else. Want equality or fairness? Put average people of both (or should I say all) sexes and ages and races by a cross section of the country and see how many people watch professional football.
Pappy said "the fair comes to town once a year,it aint here today"

Standing Wolf
11-23-2016, 10:37 PM

Maybe to do it themselves, but just to watch? Almost all sports, particularly the professional ones, involve people doing things that the average person is not capable of.

That reminds me of something I read recently, and I think it's true. Most men, at some point in their lives, have played Baseball - even if it was on a grade school playground, a long, long time ago, and many of us have played it somewhere, on an amateur basis, much later - as compared with the other major sports, which most people have never really attempted. (Playing "Horse" or fooling around with a football at the family reunion or company picnic don't count.) We watch Baseball played at the highest level and some part of our brain is saying, "I could do that!", even though we really could not. It's partly that the professionals can manage to make even the most outrageous feats of athleticism look easy, but mostly it's our brain and body saying, "Hey, I've done that!" - even though we really haven't.

resister
11-23-2016, 10:43 PM
Maybe to do it themselves, but just to watch? Almost all sports, particularly the professional ones, involve people doing things that the average person is not capable of.

That reminds me of something I read recently, and I think it's true. Most men, at some point in their lives, have played Baseball - even if it was on a grade school playground, a long, long time ago, and many of us have played it somewhere, on an amateur basis, much later - as compared with the other major sports, which most people have never really attempted. (Playing "Horse" or fooling around with a football at the family reunion or company picnic don't count.) We watch Baseball played at the highest level and some part of our brain is saying, "I could do that!", even though we really could not. It's partly that the professionals can manage to make even the most outrageous feats of athleticism look easy, but mostly it's our brain and body saying, "Hey, I've done that!" - even though we really haven't.
I'm pretty handy with a sling,and after 3 years of practice I"sometimes" make it look easy.A 3 ounce piece of lead or stone at 100 MPH is tantamount to a 38 slug in terms of kenetic energy.I'm no pro but, on a 45 degree release angle, I can obtain 150 yards range.If you would like to know more about it visit, slinging.org.A fascinating acient skill

Standing Wolf
11-23-2016, 10:45 PM

Interesting bit of trivia. There's a player in the minors right now named Demi Orimoloye, drafted by Milwaukee in 2015. A big outfielder, about 6'4", with a lot of potential. He grew up in Canada, but was born in Nigeria, from which his parents emigrated when he was very small. Assuming his defense develops over the next few years, he could find himself in the Show - where he would be the first Major League player to have been born on the African continent.

resister
11-23-2016, 10:49 PM
Interesting bit of trivia. There's a player in the minors right now named Demi Orimoloye, drafted by Milwaukee in 2015. A big outfielder, about 6'4", with a lot of potential. He grew up in Canada, but was born in Nigeria, from which his parents emigrated when he was very small. Assuming his defense develops over the next few years, he could find himself in the Show - where he would be the first Major League player to have been born on the African continent.
A true"african" american

Standing Wolf
11-23-2016, 10:52 PM
A true"african" american

Well...African-Canadian, anyway.

resister
11-23-2016, 10:55 PM
Well...yeah:embarrassed:

Captain Obvious
11-23-2016, 10:58 PM
https://i.imgflip.com/c3zxd.jpg

Green Arrow
11-23-2016, 11:41 PM
How many kids did you know who all their lives dreamed of being defensive tackles? Or a center...or offensive guard...lol C'mon, man.
Oh, none. I didn't realize that's what you were asking.

Don
11-24-2016, 12:18 AM
Aren't we all Africans? According to the latest info humanity originated on that continent. Hopefully one day if we meet a stranger who asks where we came from we can say, "the Sol system, third planet from the sun, how about you?"

resister
11-24-2016, 12:21 AM
https://i.imgflip.com/c3zxd.jpgFunniest post of the day?U got my vote

The Xl
11-24-2016, 01:19 PM

Well, yes and no. I do believe that diet, proper training, etc, are very important and overlooked variables, however, many things are predicated on genetics. Height, frame size, reach, ability to build muscle, etc, are at least half genetic, and that's being conservative. No matter how much you train, how good you war, even if you take steroids, the average Joe, black or white, isn't going to have the size, power, and athletic ability of a LeBron James, JJ Watt, elite athletes and specimens of any sport, it just isn't going to happen.

That all said, while I do think that currently, on average, their are very slight genetic differences between blacks and whites when it comes to athletic ability and intelligence because of how black Americans were selectively bred, I think most of the gap in those fields is still environment induced. Their are plenty of potential great blacks minds being wasted because they don't even get out of the blocks, and plenty of potential great white athletes that don't really tap their athletic potential because they aren't playing sport seriously when compared to black Americans.

Safety
11-24-2016, 02:43 PM

When I say nutrition, I'm not necessarily talking about proper nutrition, but the food that is laden with steroids, carbs, fats, etc. like fast food or southern cooking.

Mister D
11-24-2016, 05:48 PM
When I say nutrition, I'm not necessarily talking about proper nutrition, but the food that is laden with steroids, carbs, fats, etc. like fast food or southern cooking.

That usually creates disgusting fatties. Not star athletes.

Mister D
11-24-2016, 05:51 PM
Well, yes and no. I do believe that diet, proper training, etc, are very important and overlooked variables, however, many things are predicated on genetics. Height, frame size, reach, ability to build muscle, etc, are at least half genetic, and that's being conservative. No matter how much you train, how good you war, even if you take steroids, the average Joe, black or white, isn't going to have the size, power, and athletic ability of a LeBron James, JJ Watt, elite athletes and specimens of any sport, it just isn't going to happen.

That all said, while I do think that currently, on average, their are very slight genetic differences between blacks and whites when it comes to athletic ability and intelligence because of how black Americans were selectively bred, I think most of the gap in those fields is still environment induced. Their are plenty of potential great blacks minds being wasted because they don't even get out of the blocks, and plenty of potential great white athletes that don't really tap their athletic potential because they aren't playing sport seriously when compared to black Americans.
I think the differences are more substantial but I think we see eye to eye for the most part. I would only add that some of the differences in question were environmentally induced. It's just that we're talking about ancestral environments.

exploited
11-24-2016, 06:03 PM
Hockey is the most physically demanding professional sport in the world, bar none. If you want to hack it in the NHL, you are conditioning constantly, training constantly, and eating well... or you'll get absolutely wrecked, and then dropped. This isn't a bunch of 400 pound guys smashing into each other from the line of scrimmage, it is a bunch of 240 pound guys smashing into each other at over 20 mph with less equipment than football players, on ice, with blades on their feet and big sticks in their hands. If you're cheap, you are going to get punched in the face.

It is almost entirely white guys, but that is probably because hockey is so capital-intensive, and you can't play it in warm areas without having lots of money.

If you took twenty black guys and twenty white guys of more or less the same physical strength, gave them the same opportunities in hockey, and the same training, you would be able to give a definitive answer on whether or not it is genetics or training. Until then, I don't think you can separate out all of the environmental variables and specialty positions in other sports (for instance, guys like Shaq, or those massive linebackers). However, it should be noted that the best hockey player of all time was Wayne Gretzky, and he is a beanpole who didn't train (but he relied upon people who did to keep him safe).

Tahuyaman
11-24-2016, 06:05 PM
....But the NBA gets an A plus from the "Institute for Diversity and Ethics in sports" despite 74% of the players being black , 23% white and just 3% Asians and others.....

Hilarious.

Tahuyaman
11-24-2016, 06:10 PM

If you want to see some truly incredible demonstrations of athleticism, go to a football or basketball game on an Indian Reservation.

donttread
11-25-2016, 06:26 AM
Hilarious.

The "A" in "A Plus" must mena employ African Americans to the exclusion of others

donttread
11-25-2016, 06:28 AM
If you want to see some truly incredible demonstrations of athleticism, go to a football or basketball game on an Indian Reservation.

Right, but why don't we see more of them in the big leauges? No steroids available probably. They were the first high rise steel workers and worked "without a net" I rememer the tales of what Jim Thorpe could do.

donttread
11-25-2016, 06:30 AM
Aren't we all Africans? According to the latest info humanity originated on that continent. Hopefully one day if we meet a stranger who asks where we came from we can say, "the Sol system, third planet from the sun, how about you?"

Power mongers will always find differences to play on to organize their followers based upon pity, anger, fear or all of the above.

donttread
11-25-2016, 06:33 AM

But that's not how our society works, nor was it how it worked when there weren't "enough" black quarterbacks depite blacks dominating every other position. Perhaps introducing AA in sports would make a point to the ultra libs? !

donttread
11-25-2016, 06:49 AM

To a point "D" but the steroid or PED age has changed that. Back in the 70's and 80's many averaged sized and even small men played pro sports. For example Fran Tarkington, Bobby Bryant,Jerry Rice, Joe Montana ( tall but not at all big) , Golden Richards, "Bullet Bob Hayes" Doug Flutie, Joe Morgan, "String beam " Mark Belanger" , Bobby Orr, and a 6 foot 5 inch slightly over 200 pound FORWARD named John Havlicek the list goes on Fred Dean was a 230 pound Defensive Lineman, today's receivers are that big.
The thing is while people are bigger today, if you eliminate excess fat, we are no where near as much bigger as pro atheletes are . Just another way the Steroid, PED age is ruining the games. Take the NFL for example whene a 170 pound receiver tried to just run past a similarly sized corner for the deep threat back in the day. . Today's deep threat? Two relative giants ( especially the wide out) breaking the pass rules on almost every play while conducting a wrestling match WHILE THE BALL is in the air. Entertainment value down, ratings down.

donttread
11-25-2016, 06:58 AM

A bit of both, although unlike football players soccer players are free to vent the heat. I watched the Orlando team come back from 2-0 to tie a game in the last few minutes plus the ( who the hell knows when the game is really over , extra time) to tie the game . We were at a friends house in Orlando and my wife and I said that was the first time we'd ever seen TV soccer be exciting ( although I played a year in HS and we've to to many a game to watch kids and grandkids anf found all of that exciting)
He told us we could watch soccer for the rest of our lives and never see anything like that again.
I believe we have the atheletes and if you mainstream soccer more will come ( although they are introducing serious concussion protocals now) .
But you've got stop the clock on out of bounds balls instead of this sandlot extra time stuff and increase scoring to appeal to American fans.

donttread
11-25-2016, 07:01 AM

More to it than that. Certainly blacks are not smarter than whites . Discrimination goes back to Pop Warner , especially at certain positions. We should intoduce , "everybody plays significant time " rules in HS and watch things change.

Adelaide
11-25-2016, 07:54 AM
I think that there are very good opportunities for individuals who get sport-related scholarships for university that might not exist otherwise. Since visible and non-visible minorities are typically lower on the socioeconomic scale, it makes sense that those kids would be pushed into sports and that those kids would want to do well in order to get to university or the pros. Maybe that explains the NFL and NBA?

Meanwhile, "rich" kids play hockey. That shit is expensive. In Canada, and in my local area, there are groups that get together and help buy equipment for the many kids who can't afford it and registration fees are now almost more expensive than university tuition depending on league and level. The best minor and junior hockey players go to school at places like Shattuck-St. Mary's School ($50,000+ per year) - my dad's elite team (he's coach and trainer) played Shattuck-St. Mary in Minnesota a couple years ago. In hockey, you benefit greatly from being well off financially and those who are not well off don't typically have the same opportunities if they can even afford to play. You also have to consider that Canadians dominate the NHL and most players are white (although my favorite player is Subban), then there are the Russians, Swedes, so forth (all white).

Tahuyaman
11-25-2016, 10:26 AM
Right, but why don't we see more of them in the big leauges? No steroids available probably. They were the first high rise steel workers and worked "without a net" I rememer the tales of what Jim Thorpe could do.

There must be some logical explanation as to why you don't see many "native Americans" in professional sports.

I used to go watch the highschool basketball games on the Rez. Those kids invented the meaning of "above the rim". The best players I've ever seen. Virtually none of them were recruited to the various colleges in the area.

Tahuyaman
11-25-2016, 10:30 AM
The "A" in "A Plus" must mena employ African Americans to the exclusion of others

The word "diversity" has lost its true meaning in nearly every instance it's used.

Green Arrow
11-25-2016, 10:56 AM
I think that there are very good opportunities for individuals who get sport-related scholarships for university that might not exist otherwise. Since visible and non-visible minorities are typically lower on the socioeconomic scale, it makes sense that those kids would be pushed into sports and that those kids would want to do well in order to get to university or the pros. Maybe that explains the NFL and NBA?

Meanwhile, "rich" kids play hockey. That shit is expensive. In Canada, and in my local area, there are groups that get together and help buy equipment for the many kids who can't afford it and registration fees are now almost more expensive than university tuition depending on league and level. The best minor and junior hockey players go to school at places like Shattuck-St. Mary's School ($50,000+ per year) - my dad's elite team (he's coach and trainer) played Shattuck-St. Mary in Minnesota a couple years ago. In hockey, you benefit greatly from being well off financially and those who are not well off don't typically have the same opportunities if they can even afford to play. You also have to consider that Canadians dominate the NHL and most players are white (although my favorite player is Subban), then there are the Russians, Swedes, so forth (all white).

Subban, of the Nashville Predators? :cool:

Standing Wolf
11-25-2016, 11:01 AM
There must be some logical explanation as to why you don't see many "native Americans" in professional sports.

I used to go watch the highschool basketball games on the Rez. Those kids invented the meaning of "above the rim". The best players I've ever seen. Virtually none of them were recruited to the various colleges in the area.

I am hoping that changes one day soon, but early involvement in a sport is key. Baseball at all levels is a big deal in Arizona, and we have a large American Indian population. Numerous organizations support kids' leagues on the rez and in American Indian communities, here and in other nearby states, particularly New Mexico, and those leagues get money, equipment and other support and encouragement from many individuals and organizations, including the DBacks and MLB.

Tahuyaman
11-25-2016, 11:24 AM
I am hoping that changes one day soon, but early involvement in a sport is key. Baseball at all levels is a big deal in Arizona, and we have a large American Indian population. Numerous organizations support kids' leagues on the rez and in American Indian communities, here and in other nearby states, particularly New Mexico, and those leagues get money, equipment and other support and encouragement from many individuals and organizations, including the DBacks and MLB.

Why don't the major universities recruit these kids? They have some incredible athletic skills.

Jim Thorpe was the greatest athlete of all time. His type of athletic skill is not uncommon within the Native American demographic. When I watched these kids play football and basketball, I'd walk away from the game speechless.

Adelaide
11-25-2016, 01:27 PM
Subban, of the Nashville Predators? :cool:

Yes, that Subban.

Adelaide
11-25-2016, 02:21 PM
When I lived in Canada we watched the Subban boys play junior hockey since my family is very invested and owns a row in the arena, board of directors, all that. As soon as PK made the NHL I put him on my fantasy team. One of his other brothers is a really good goalie - not sure if he's in the NHL yet - but it was really nice to see a bit of diversity on the ice and for the players to be so incredibly talented.

Don
11-25-2016, 03:48 PM
More to it than that. Certainly blacks are not smarter than whites . Discrimination goes back to Pop Warner , especially at certain positions. We should intoduce , "everybody plays significant time " rules in HS and watch things change.

Never said blacks were smarter than whites. I said smart enough. It isn't just their natural athleticism that gets them the position they play. There is no such thing as equality the way people try to market it. It should be equal opportunity to do your best with whatever talents you possess and pro football does exactly that. If you don't have the athleticism you don't play. If you aren't smart enough to play the game you don't play.