PDA

View Full Version : Need Tips on how to promote a Conservative Children's Picture Book online!

nazareno
10-16-2012, 04:04 PM
I just e-published a new book on Amazon just in time for the upcoming election! Daddy, What’s a Liberal? It's a children's picture book that weaves the tale of a father trying to explain to his son the differences between a Liberal and a Conservative. The book is targeted to Conservative parents or grandparents with 5 to 10 year old kids. It's funny and rather smart-a*sed - but the message is sound. (At least for one who's a Conservative.)

If the Libs hated the Tea Party Coloring Book they will become downright apoplectic over this tome.

I'm looking for advice on how to virally generate buzz and promote/sell the book on-line. I would appreciate any thoughts or ideas.

If anyone from FOX or Rush saw this book - they'd love it. (I've tryed contacting them to no avail so far.)

(I would have posted a link to the book on this thread - however I didn't want to be accused of "spamming" or whatever the hell is the proper name for pi$$ing people off in on-line forums.)

Thanks

Larry Dickman
10-16-2012, 04:09 PM
If you want a book taken seriously you need to offer a print version as well as electronic. If you had a hard copy, you could actually send it to places like FOX News in NY, or to any radio hosts who you might think would enjoy it. The problem with E-publishing is that any old fool can do it, so it's difficult to get anyone to take you seriously unless you already have a "name".

You can do print on demand, but it will require a minimum first order I believe.

Larry Dickman
10-16-2012, 04:13 PM
ANd set up a Facebook page for the book. Costs nothing, you just have to promote it by putting nuggets on your page.

Canadianeye
10-16-2012, 04:16 PM
I would look at contacting any of the branches of Glenn Beck, 912 Project etc, possibly through Raj his main assistant/co-ordinator. AskRaj@gbtv.com (AskRaj@gbtv.com). (if that is still a live contact)

He has branches specifically for promoting conservativism to youth, and has assisted authors in the past.

roadmaster
10-16-2012, 04:28 PM
(AAR) does not charge reading fees. Most unless you are a professional illustrator, do not send illustrations.

Calypso Jones
10-16-2012, 07:01 PM
POST the LINK. I'd LOVE to see it.

Calypso Jones
10-16-2012, 07:03 PM
Looks like someone has already given you an 'awesome'.