PDA

View Full Version : Facts Matter: Obama's Rose Garden Speech After Sept. 11 Benghazi Attack

Cigar
10-17-2012, 07:28 AM
Full Transcript of Obama's Rose Garden Speech After Sept. 11 Benghazi Attack

NOTE TIME: 4:18

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Nu6VZ9DeVc&feature=player_embedded

No acts of terror will ever shake the resolve of this great nation, alter that character, or eclipse the light of the values that we stand for. Today we mourn four more Americans who represent the very best of the United States of America. We will not waver in our commitment to see that justice is done for this terrible act. And make no mistake, justice will be done.

garyo
10-17-2012, 07:32 AM
Ashamed he didn't call the Syrian attack an act of terror.:juggler:

shaarona
10-17-2012, 07:37 AM

No acts of terror will ever shake the resolve of this great nation, alter that character, or eclipse the light of the values that we stand for. Today we mourn four more Americans who represent the very best of the United States of America. We will not waver in our commitment to see that justice is done for this terrible act. And make no mistake, justice will be done.

Romney seems to have built his arguments around internet rumors and quips.

Cigar
10-17-2012, 07:38 AM
Ashamed he didn't call the Syrian attack an act of terror.:juggler:

Nice Duck / Quack :grin:

garyo
10-17-2012, 07:46 AM
LOL, you can't fix stupid.:blob7:

Cigar
10-17-2012, 07:51 AM
LOL, you can't fix stupid.:blob7:

Sure you can ... I've done it plenty of times.

All it takes is a well placed fist to the nose!

... and you'll be amazed at how smart and well educated people become. :grin:

Agravan
10-17-2012, 08:23 AM

Oh my, such a tough little guy. Your mommy must be so proud of her tough little man.

Cigar
10-17-2012, 08:24 AM
Oh my, such a tough little guy. Your mommy must be so proud of her tough little man.

Yes she is ...

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/chasc5/Success-Kid-INTERNET-SERIOUS-BUSINESS-300x300.jpg

birddog
10-17-2012, 08:37 AM

Everyone knew it was a terror act, but Obama did not confirm as he should have at that time that it was carried out by a pre-planned terrorist team. A few partiers throwing a few molotov cocktails could be an act of terror, but this was done by terrorists with weapons of war.

Obama was and is a liar, and your excusing Obama is pathetic, and you ought to be ashamed of yourself!

shaarona
10-17-2012, 08:48 AM
Everyone knew it was a terror act, but Obama did not confirm as he should have at that time that it was carried out by a pre-planned terrorist team. A few partiers throwing a few molotov cocktails could be an act of terror, but this was done by terrorists with weapons of war.

Obama was and is a liar, and your excusing Obama is pathetic, and you ought to be ashamed of yourself!

You wanted more drama and panic even before they had all the facts.

Some of us call these "terrorists" wht they really are... GANGSTERS.

patrickt
10-17-2012, 08:54 AM

Mr. Manly is at it again.

pollycy
10-17-2012, 08:57 AM

No acts of terror will ever shake the resolve of this great nation, alter that character, or eclipse... (blah, blah, blah)

So, with the Consulate destroyed and an American Ambassador and three other staff members murdered, what does Obama do? Why, he hits the happy campaign trail the next damned day after sending his regime out to blame the whole thing on a pissant YouTube video. Later, President Wonderful goes to the UN and gives everybody a big speech about how we shouldn't be saying anything bad about Islam, like that mean guy who made the YouTube video did (shame on us!).

Too bad for you, Cigar... Obama, Crowley, and the whole manipulative hyperlib gang of liars are going down on this one. Which was it? A terrorist attack, or a spontaneous, righteous raghead rebellion against a YouTube video? If it was a "terrorist attack", then what the hell was Obama's ambassador to the UN, Ms. Rice spouting off about? YOU CAN'T HAVE IT BOTH WAYS -- not even with the use of classic "doublethink" tactics ("1984", by George Orwell). People aren't that stupid anymore....

coolwalker
10-17-2012, 08:57 AM
Go ahead, concentrate on a single word but forget that no one lifted a finger to help those who requested it. Why? because they were politically expendable. A true leader does not let his troops die in vein, he protects them.

birddog
10-17-2012, 09:15 AM
You wanted more drama and panic even before they had all the facts.

Some of us call these "terrorists" wht they really are... GANGSTERS.

When it's an act of war, it's more accurate to call them terrorists!

garyo
10-17-2012, 09:25 AM
My goodness but you're a tough little guy, I bet you're the toughest guy in the 3rd grade. lol:blob10:

coolwalker
10-17-2012, 09:25 AM

That is laughable. the dems post crap everywhere and the Kool-Aid drinkers soak it up. Every person can misspeak occasionally...even Reagan did once in a while. But what Romney proposes is almost identical to Calvin Coolidge did after WWI and there was a huge boom. Of course some people got greedy and along came the Great depression; today however we have safe guards against that happening again.

Romney = Victor!

Larry Dickman
10-17-2012, 09:33 AM
This illustrates a completely vapid position for Team Oh. If you lefty's think this miniscule issue is going to somehow hand Barry Oh a win on Libya and the rest of the ME Muslim takeover, you are more stupid than anyone could dare imagine.

OhBama is done. His reign of ineptness and anti-American posture is a footnote in history. The Affirmative Action Presidency has been a success- assuming you measure success by people learning that their desire to right the wrongs of slavery cannot be accomplished by voting for an empty headed chimp.

OhBama's asshole will be large and bloody after Monday's foreign policy debate. I hope he brings a pillow to scream into.

patrickt
10-17-2012, 09:38 AM
Shaarona: "Some of us call these "terrorists" wht they really are... GANGSTERS."

And sometimes they're called patriots and freedom fighters. Sometimes they're called jihadists. Regardless of the terms used to avoid responsibility, they're terrorists. Gangsters and terrorists are not synonymous.

respectfulguest
10-17-2012, 10:47 AM

someone or a group of staff from Admin are not being truthful, mentioning the word "terror" and then off to a fund-raiser seemed hardly the appropriate Presidential response, again this did occur on 9/11. this whole thing stinks from why it happened, when it happened and what has been stated afterwards from the Admin.. "internet rumors and quips" are not the basis for Governor Romney or most american folks that want a full account of the slaughtering of US Citizens on 9/11 again.. over one month later and we ain't getting it, wonder why.

sorry to disagree on B-day, but hope you have a wonderful and Happy Birthday shaarona.

Cigar
10-17-2012, 10:52 AM
So, with the Consulate destroyed and an American Ambassador and three other staff members murdered, what does Obama do? Why, he hits the happy campaign trail the next damned day after sending his regime out to blame the whole thing on a pissant YouTube video. Later, President Wonderful goes to the UN and gives everybody a big speech about how we shouldn't be saying anything bad about Islam, like that mean guy who made the YouTube video did (shame on us!).

Too bad for you, Cigar... Obama, Crowley, and the whole manipulative hyperlib gang of liars are going down on this one. Which was it? A terrorist attack, or a spontaneous, righteous raghead rebellion against a YouTube video? If it was a "terrorist attack", then what the hell was Obama's ambassador to the UN, Ms. Rice spouting off about? YOU CAN'T HAVE IT BOTH WAYS -- not even with the use of classic "doublethink" tactics ("1984", by George Orwell). People aren't that stupid anymore....

Sure ... The President was suppose to go to his room sulk.

Cigar
10-17-2012, 10:54 AM
This illustrates a completely vapid position for Team Oh. If you lefty's think this miniscule issue is going to somehow hand Barry Oh a win on Libya and the rest of the ME Muslim takeover, you are more stupid than anyone could dare imagine.

OhBama is done. His reign of ineptness and anti-American posture is a footnote in history. The Affirmative Action Presidency has been a success- assuming you measure success by people learning that their desire to right the wrongs of slavery cannot be accomplished by voting for an empty headed chimp.

OhBama's asshole will be large and bloody after Monday's foreign policy debate. I hope he brings a pillow to scream into.

Looks like the Debate got your orifice a little large :)

Trinnity
10-17-2012, 10:56 AM
No acts of terror will ever shake the resolve of this great nation, alter that character, or eclipse the light of the values that we stand for. Today we mourn four more Americans who represent the very best of the United States of America. We will not waver in our commitment to see that justice is done for this terrible act. And make no mistake, justice will be done.<weasel words>

He didn't refer to the Benghazi attack.
good luck with the spin - he's gonna need it on November 6th

Cigar
10-17-2012, 11:02 AM
Deny Deny Deny Deny :)

IGetItAlready
10-17-2012, 11:33 AM

Yeah, and then you woke up in a sweat internet badass.
pffft

Cigar
10-17-2012, 11:39 AM
<weasel words>

He didn't refer to the Benghazi attack.
good luck with the spin - he's gonna need it on November 6th

Why ... was he the Rose Garden to talk about another Ambassador killed?

Come on boys and girls ... give it a rest and move on.

So you lost one debate ... admit it like a Democrat and come back like a Man.

texmaster
10-17-2012, 02:30 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Nu6VZ9DeVc&amp;feature=player_embedded

He didn't call that attack an act of terror Ciggy. That was the lie.

And if he really meant to call it that why did it take him 14 days to do it AND send out Rice to 5 talk shows to deny its a terrorist attack?

We all know he's a liar. And now everyone knows it after last night.

http://scottystarnes.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/obama-liar-poster11.jpg?w=500

Calypso Jones
10-17-2012, 02:57 PM
Look what i just found. Libyan rebels killed Gaddafi by stabbing him with a bayonet in the anus. Gaddafi is libyan. Can you imagine what they must have done to ambassador stevens.

http://weaselzippers.us/2012/10/17/report-libyan-rebels-killed-gaddafi-by-stabbing-him-with-a-bayonet-in-his-anus/

So let's not forget that Obama left for a fundraiser next day.

Cigar
10-17-2012, 05:20 PM
Look what i just found. Libyan rebels killed Gaddafi by stabbing him with a bayonet in the anus. Gaddafi is libyan. Can you imagine what they must have done to ambassador stevens.

http://weaselzippers.us/2012/10/17/report-libyan-rebels-killed-gaddafi-by-stabbing-him-with-a-bayonet-in-his-anus/

So let's not forget that Obama left for a fundraiser next day.

Speaking of anus, Mitt got his ass bent over and Obama shoved the Facts right up his tight ass.

Btw; check your facts, Obama went to a Political Rally, not a Fundraiser.

Oh waint facts aren't your strong point.

keymanjim
10-17-2012, 05:27 PM
Oh waint facts aren't your strong point.
You ain't doing so well yourself:

... President Obama, though, wasn’t done with Kerry Ladka. “After the debate, the president came over to me and spent about two minutes with me privately,” says the 61-year-old Ladka, who works at Global Telecom Supply in Mineola, N.Y. According to Ladka, Obama gave him ”more information about why he delayed calling the attack a terorist attack.” For background, Obama did apparently lump Benghazi into a reference to “acts of terror” in a Sept. 12 Rose Garden address. However, he spent about two weeks holding off on using the full “terrorist” designation. The rationale for the delay, Obama explained to Ladka, was to make sure that the “intelligence he was acting on was real intelligence and not disinformation,” recalls Ladka.

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/tom-blumer/2012/10/17/obamas-libya-questioner-post-debate-president-privately-told-him-he-dela#ixzz29b6CQ5BV

Oops!

GrumpyDog
10-17-2012, 05:31 PM
http://thefinereport.com/wp-content/imagescaler/0581b973e240107909a8dadaf258cfe5.jpg

I will support Impeachment proceedings if the Reps want to go ahead and charge Obama with GROSS NEGLIGENCE.

Kabuki Joe
10-17-2012, 05:32 PM
Looks like the Debate got your orifice a little large :)

...you play world of warcraft, don't you...

Kabuki Joe

texmaster
10-17-2012, 05:33 PM
...you play world of warcraft, don't you...

Kabuki Joe

50 bucks he's an elf lord

Kabuki Joe
10-17-2012, 05:35 PM

...he reminds me of one of those kids that hasn't gone through puberty yet but he'll kick everyone's ass...it's why I don't do guilds and raiding, too many internet thugs...

Kabuki Joe

Deadwood
10-17-2012, 05:37 PM
Nice Duck / Quack :grin:

Nice dodge.....he never said the attack on the consulate was terrorism, a fact now admitted by the moderator. She at least can admit a mistake, you are too little and too childish to do so.

And we will not forget he and Hillary waited TWO WEEKS to get off the bullshit story about a spontaneous demonstration over a tape they could not have seen.

I notice you don't mention that TWO WEEKS AND LAME BULLSHIT very much. Why is that? Doesn't fit your agenda or what...

Deadwood
10-17-2012, 05:38 PM

Actually I think he's a hack for Rahm Emmanuel.....he's only on line during office hours unless there's some serious shit he has to distort.

IGetItAlready
10-17-2012, 05:43 PM
Okay Ciggy, see if you can drop the rhetoric for minute and man up with an honest answer.
Based on the speech given in the Rose Garden, do you believe that Obama's reference to terrorism was a direct reference to the Benghazi attack?
If so, what leads you to that assumption. And keep in mind, I'm not even asking you to consider Obama's UN speech, his sending his UN ambassador out to all the Sunday news programs a couple weeks later to blame the attacks on the stupid youtube clip, the initial official response or any of the other oddities that seem to contradict his implication last night that the very next day he was blaming "terrorists" for the attacks. Just block all that other stuff out as you've clearly already done and consider only the speech in the Rose Garden and then please explain how you conclude that his one reference to terrorism during that speech equates to his pinning the attacks of September 11, 2012 on terrorism.

GrumpyDog
10-17-2012, 05:52 PM
Obama message: The last 4 years were all because of Bush trickle down. Now I have a plan, which is to start the plan which I said I would start in 2008, but now it will REALLY start in 2012, and trust me, by the end of my 2nd term, we will begin to see some improvement. In other words, I am about the future, And I will ALWAYS only be ABOUT THE FUTURE.

Romney message: I don't give a @#% about your continuing to refer to the future. I give a @#% about the here and now. AND NOW is the time to create jobs, NOT SOME time in the FUTURE.
I don't give a #$% about your stupid half ass BULLshit energy plan which is go Green Energy or walk.
My energy plan uses ALL our technology and ALL the various forms of energy production, and will create 3 million new jobs as we bring the price of gas down at the same time.

In other words: I AM ABOUT JOBS in the HERE AND NOW.

head of joaquin
10-17-2012, 06:28 PM

This totally and completely neutralized Romney's ugly talking point. Obama was just waiting for the dope to use the rightwing website lie.

Romney's now been neutered. He can't use the talking point without looking even stupider than he is.

BWHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

keymanjim
10-17-2012, 06:51 PM
This totally and completely neutralized Romney's ugly talking point. Obama was just waiting for the dope to use the rightwing website lie.

Romney's now been neutered. He can't use the talking point without looking even stupider than he is.

BWHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Hey, douche nozzle:

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/tom-blumer/2012/10/17/obamas-libya-questioner-post-debate-president-privately-told-him-he-dela#ixzz29a80rok9

head of joaquin
10-17-2012, 07:07 PM
Hey, douche nozzle:

http://newsbusters.org/blo]gs/tom-blumer/2012/10/17/obamas-libya-questioner-post-debate-president-privately-told-him-he-dela#ixzz29a80rok9

Trolls linking trolls.

Great concept.

keymanjim
10-17-2012, 07:12 PM
Trolls linking trolls.

Great concept.

Do you realize that if President Obama were in office on the first 9-11,..Obama would still be investigating it, seeing if maybe there was a mix up in the flight pattern of those planes? He would want to make real sure it was a terrorist attack!

head of joaquin
10-17-2012, 07:24 PM
Hey look kids, it is a troll quoting a troll.

Who cut funding to embassy security? Come on, bagger, you can say it.

head of joaquin
10-17-2012, 07:26 PM
Do you realize that if President Obama were in office on the first 9-11,..Obama would still be investigating it, seeing if maybe there was a mix up in the flight pattern of those planes? He would want to make real sure it was a terrorist attack!

Of course Bush never investigated it, since he was too busy cutting taxes for Paris Hilton and invading Iraq to do so.

Now, which party cut funding for embassy security? Come on, you can say it, I know you can!

keymanjim
10-17-2012, 07:26 PM
Hey look kids, it is a troll quoting a troll.

Who cut funding to embassy security? Come on, bagger, you can say it.
Who purchased brand new Chevy Volts for our embassy in Vienna while IGNORING requests for increased security in Libya?

I'll give a few minutes to figure that one out.

keymanjim
10-17-2012, 07:28 PM
Of course Bush never investigated it, since he was too busy cutting taxes for Paris Hilton and invading Iraq to do so.
President Bush didn't need to investigate. It was obvious who did it.

Obama would still be investigating to this day. He's that inept.

head of joaquin
10-17-2012, 07:28 PM
Who purchased brand new Chevy Volts for our embassy in Vienna while IGNORING requests for increased security in Libya?

I'll give a few minutes to figure that one out.

Hey look kids, he didn't respond.

I'll give the boy another chance. Which party cut funding to embassy security?

And how many embassy attacks were there under Bush!

Oh boy is this going to be fun. Probing a teabagger brain for memes is always a blast.

keymanjim
10-17-2012, 07:31 PM
Hey look kids, he didn't respond.
Neither did you.
If they can afford Brand new cars for one embassy then they can afford to fly some of the private security contractors, of which we have 21,000 of them in the Middle East, over to Libya.

Your talking point is now moot.

head of joaquin
10-17-2012, 07:37 PM
Neither did you.
If they can afford Brand new cars for one embassy then they can afford to fly some of the private security contractors, of which we have 21,000 of them in the Middle East, over to Libya.

Your talking point is now moot.

Hey look kids, he's trying to deflect.

Now WHICH PARTY cut spending for embassy security?

Come on, you can spit it out! I have faith in you.

keymanjim
10-17-2012, 07:40 PM
Hey look kids,
You need to learn a new dance.

Let's try the "scumbag obama lies about the terrorist attack in Libya two step".

IGetItAlready
10-18-2012, 08:31 AM
Okay Ciggy, see if you can drop the rhetoric for minute and man up with an honest answer.
Based on the speech given in the Rose Garden, do you believe that Obama's reference to terrorism was a direct reference to the Benghazi attack?
If so, what leads you to that assumption. And keep in mind, I'm not even asking you to consider Obama's UN speech, his sending his UN ambassador out to all the Sunday news programs a couple weeks later to blame the attacks on the stupid youtube clip, the initial official response or any of the other oddities that seem to contradict his implication last night that the very next day he was blaming "terrorists" for the attacks. Just block all that other stuff out as you've clearly already done and consider only the speech in the Rose Garden and then please explain how you conclude that his one reference to terrorism during that speech equates to his pinning the attacks of September 11, 2012 on terrorism.

Come on Ciggy. No hiding under mama's skirt now. I'm truly interested in what ever made you think Obama meant what he said he meant in the debate...

Cigar
10-18-2012, 08:41 AM
Well let’s think about it; if The President of The United States and The Secretary of State, call The White House Press for a special meeting in The Rose Garden to address the situation in Libya … I’m guessing he wasn’t going to talk about The Bombing of Purl Harbor.

Agravan
10-18-2012, 08:49 AM
Hey look kids, he's trying to deflect.

Now WHICH PARTY cut spending for embassy security?

Come on, you can spit it out! I have faith in you.

You fool. You can continue this meme all you want because it does not matter if anyone voted to increase or decrease the funds. Why, you ask? BECAUSE A BUDGET HAS NOT BEEN PASSED DURING THIS ADMINISTRATION. WE KEEP RUNNING ON CONTINUING RESOLUTIONS!!

Agravan
10-18-2012, 08:50 AM
Pearl, pendejo.

IGetItAlready
10-18-2012, 09:12 AM
Well let’s think about it; if The President of The United States and The Secretary of State, call The White House Press for a special meeting in The Rose Garden to address the situation in Libya … I’m guessing he wasn’t going to talk about The Bombing of Purl Harbor.

Your spelling issues aside Ciggy, you didn't answer the question which says as much as any legitimate response you could have come up with. :wink20:

Cigar
10-18-2012, 09:14 AM
Your spelling issues aside Ciggy, you didn't answer the question which says as much as any legitimate response you could have come up with. :wink20:

It's 54 post in this Thread ... what's the question?

IGetItAlready
10-18-2012, 09:22 AM
It's 54 post in this Thread ... what's the question?

That question...post 36 and I'm as sincerely interested in your answer as I was last night when I asked it.

Obviously, the question is totally subjective but I an interested in hearing your response.
I totally get off on attempting to understand the thought processes of others. :)

Cigar
10-18-2012, 09:37 AM

That question...post 36 and I'm as sincerely interested in your answer as I was last night when I asked it.

Obviously, the question is totally subjective but I an interested in hearing your response.
I totally get off on attempting to understand the thought processes of others. :)

I can only assume The President of The United States gets his intelligence briefings from the intelligence community. Considering he was not in Libya, and there’s was an ongoing investigation, everyone (except Mitt) was basing their responses on what they were being told … you know, like WMDs.

Sorry I wasn't their either ... so that's the best I can do. Or you can get your first hand info from Mitt.

IGetItAlready
10-18-2012, 09:56 AM
I can only assume The President of The United States gets his intelligence briefings from the intelligence community. Considering he was not in Libya, and there’s was an ongoing investigation, everyone (except Mitt) was basing their responses on what they were being told … you know, like WMDs.

Sorry I wasn't their either ... so that's the best I can do. Or you can get your first hand info from Mitt.

Seriously Ciggy. I get that a short attention span serves those who seek to destroy the nation well, referring back to your statement that we're "not getting our country back", but it doesn't help when you're discussing facts with those who don't suffer from the same affliction.
Romney took issue with the administration's blaming our free speech for the attacks and the fact that in doing so they failed to give an appropriate response. And the president said two nights ago in the debate that he had claimed within 24 hours that the attacks were terrorist strikes.
Now I already gave you a pass on bothering to consider all the president's actions immediately following the attacks so I'll not bother to bring them up again.
I'm simply asking if YOU believe the president's claim he had in fact classified the attacks as "terrorism" on September 12, 2012 while giving his speech in the Rose Garden. And if you do believe Obama's claim from two nights ago that he had referred to the Benghazi attack as terrorism, again totally disregarding the mountain of evidence that implies otherwise, WHY you believe the claim.

Kabuki Joe
10-18-2012, 10:23 AM

...so in Obama's case there is an excuse but not in Bush's case?...

Kabuki Joe

Cigar
10-18-2012, 11:06 AM
...so in Obama's case there is an excuse but not in Bush's case?...

Kabuki Joe

The Body Count isn't done for Bush.

Cigar
10-18-2012, 11:06 AM
Seriously Ciggy. I get that a short attention span serves those who seek to destroy the nation well, referring back to your statement that we're "not getting our country back", but it doesn't help when you're discussing facts with those who don't suffer from the same affliction.
Romney took issue with the administration's blaming our free speech for the attacks and the fact that in doing so they failed to give an appropriate response. And the president said two nights ago in the debate that he had claimed within 24 hours that the attacks were terrorist strikes.
Now I already gave you a pass on bothering to consider all the president's actions immediately following the attacks so I'll not bother to bring them up again.
I'm simply asking if YOU believe the president's claim he had in fact classified the attacks as "terrorism" on September 12, 2012 while giving his speech in the Rose Garden. And if you do believe Obama's claim from two nights ago that he had referred to the Benghazi attack as terrorism, again totally disregarding the mountain of evidence that implies otherwise, WHY you believe the claim.

That's classified information ... I don't have access. :)

IGetItAlready
10-18-2012, 11:12 AM
That's classified information ... I don't have access. :)

I asked for YOUR opinion but I get the dodge already.
Nuff said. :wink20:

Kabuki Joe
10-18-2012, 12:52 PM
The Body Count isn't done for Bush.

...that's not what I asked, readi it again SLOWLY and give it another try...

Kabuki Joe

pollycy
10-22-2012, 06:46 PM
Sure ... The President was suppose to go to his room sulk.

Was that supposed to be a sentence in English?

Either Obama is a conniving, bald-faced liar, or, he is an almost criminally negligent, incompetent, insensitive moron.

No puede tener en las dos carreteras... Er kann nicht auf zwei Pfade gleichzeitig... or if you prefer English after all... He can't have it BOTH ways....