PDA

View Full Version : Trump Makes Unfounded Claim That 'Millions' Voted Illegally For Clinton

Captain Obvious
11-27-2016, 10:22 PM
http://www.npr.org/2016/11/27/503506026/trump-makes-unfounded-claim-that-millions-voted-illegally-for-clinton

President-elect Donald Trump won a convincing electoral vote victory on Nov. 8, but he is claiming falsely that widespread voter fraud cost him the popular vote.
The latest totals show Hillary Clinton leading Trump in the popular vote by more than 2 million. Trump tweeted on Sunday afternoon, "I won the popular vote if you deduct the millions of people who voted illegally." He did not provide evidence to back up that claim and Trump's representatives did not immediately respond to a request for more information.

In addition to winning the Electoral College in a landslide, I won the popular vote if you deduct the millions of people who voted illegally

resister
11-27-2016, 10:26 PM
Hard to refute,hard to confirm.He should not claim this without concrete proof.The burden rest with the acusser

Ravens Fan
11-27-2016, 10:28 PM
Yeah, pretty bold move without proof. I think that one will come back to haunt him.

hanger4
11-27-2016, 10:44 PM
Aaaaah hell, he's just trying to one up the Stein/Clinton campaign's.

waltky
11-28-2016, 12:51 AM
Granny voted fer her twice... ... after she voted fer Trump 3 times.

Green Arrow
11-28-2016, 01:53 AM
Trump has been making unfounded and baseless claims since he got into the race. Why would he stop now?

Docthehun
11-28-2016, 06:47 AM
I suspect that in six months, most everyone will be claiming fraud and wanting a, "do over". This is the best reality show ever and we all get to be a part of it! "Good golly, Ms. Molly"!

Peter1469
11-28-2016, 06:59 AM
I suspect that in six months, most everyone will be claiming fraud and wanting a, "do over". This is the best reality show ever and we all get to be a part of it! "Good golly, Ms. Molly"!I suspect that most Americans will be living their lives.

Docthehun
11-28-2016, 07:01 AM
I suspect that most Americans will be living their lives.

As usual. "Nothing to see here folks, move along."

DGUtley
11-28-2016, 07:05 AM
I wish he'd stop reacting and move into acting presidential mode.

Docthehun
11-28-2016, 07:27 AM

You and me both. I tend to suspect he never envisioned actually winning and failed to develop a plan in advance. The most important job in the world is only days away. At least go to the damn security briefings. Geez!

Bethere
11-28-2016, 08:38 AM
I suspect that most Americans will be living their lives.

good times:

3M votes look like fraud..... Not surprising at all.

Subtract out the voter fraud and Hillary doesn't win the popular vote.

Not after fraud is taken into account.

How many were from people who could legally vote?
​http://thepoliticalforums.com/threads/72900-Republicans-lose-presidential-popular-vote-for-6th-of-last-7-times/page20

Cigar
11-28-2016, 08:42 AM
Another week of Trump Supporters Whining and B!tching ... didn't they Win? :laugh:

hanger4
11-28-2016, 09:27 AM
Another week of Trump Supporters Whining and B!tching ... didn't they Win? :laugh:

Just Trump supporters ?? Were you blind at birth or just selectively blind ??

del
11-28-2016, 10:42 AM

:rofl:

i hope you brought a book

texan
11-28-2016, 11:16 AM
Vintage Trump.

birddog
11-28-2016, 12:17 PM
Everything will be better with President Trump! No more Hillary assures that.

Amadeus
11-28-2016, 12:25 PM
Par for the course. Trump is a self-described whiner. The fact that he's a bigger liar than Hillary ever was on the worst day of her life is just one the character traits that conservatives hypocritically love.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wCCbCeYyJs

Peter1469
11-28-2016, 11:16 PM
Come to the libertarian party.

Hal Jordan
11-28-2016, 11:39 PM
Trump has been making unfounded and baseless claims since he got into the race. Why would he stop now?
It started long before that.

ripmeister
11-29-2016, 12:01 AM
That requires that he be able to do so. I don't think he can.

Captain Obvious
11-29-2016, 12:03 AM
That requires that he be able to do so. I don't think he can.

Rodham could.

With her smoke and mirrors arsenal she could talk a buzzard down from a shit wagon.

ripmeister
11-29-2016, 12:06 AM
Rodham could.

With her smoke and mirrors arsenal she could talk a buzzard down from a $#@! wagon.

Perhaps but that's a deflection and is irrelevant at this point. He and his supporters own it now and will be judged accordingly.

Captain Obvious
11-29-2016, 12:11 AM
Perhaps but that's a deflection and is irrelevant at this point. He and his supporters own it now and will be judged accordingly.

It's a valid observation.

With Trump, what you see is what you get. He has no filter and doesn't pretend to be someone who he's not.

Rodham?

...right

Carry on

ripmeister
11-29-2016, 12:15 AM
It's a valid observation.

With Trump, what you see is what you get. He has no filter and doesn't pretend to be someone who he's not.

Rodham?

...right

Carry on

Id have to disagree with that. I don't think we have any idea what we've gotten. That's the scary part IMO

Captain Obvious
11-29-2016, 12:16 AM
Id have to disagree with that. I don't think we have any idea what we've gotten. That's the scary part IMO

That sounds like more of your insecurity with the matter rather than Trump's willingness to be Trump.

ripmeister
11-29-2016, 12:24 AM
That sounds like more of your insecurity with the matter rather than Trump's willingness to be Trump.
Perhaps but I don't think so as Trump to this day lives in a fact free universe making him very unknowable.

Captain Obvious
11-29-2016, 12:27 AM
Perhaps but I don't think so as Trump to this day lives in a fact free universe making him very unknowable.

Let me help you out.

Throughout his life he virtually answered to nobody. Even the lenders who lent him money stated he's an unreliable jackass and sort of abandoned him. His approach isn't changing.

He feels that he can bullshit anyone, because he's made a living off of it, but at the end of the day shit got done.

I don't think his approach to politics will be much different.

ripmeister
11-29-2016, 12:39 AM
Let me help you out.

Throughout his life he virtually answered to nobody. Even the lenders who lent him money stated he's an unreliable jackass and sort of abandoned him. His approach isn't changing.

He feels that he can bull$#@! anyone, because he's made a living off of it, but at the end of the day $#@! got done.

I don't think his approach to politics will be much different.

I understand that so you don't have to be a smartass about it. You raise the exact concern that I have in that whether or not his historical MO is conducive to being the POTUS. Trump seems to think that everything is a transaction. Good governance is much more than that IMO and I don't think he has the tools or the demeanor to be effective in that role.

As you say you don't think his approach to politics will be much different and IMO that is a problem.

Captain Obvious
11-29-2016, 12:51 AM
I understand that so you don't have to be a smartass about it. You raise the exact concern that I have in that whether or not his historical MO is conducive to being the POTUS. Trump seems to think that everything is a transaction. Good governance is much more than that IMO and I don't think he has the tools or the demeanor to be effective in that role.

As you say you don't think his approach to politics will be much different and IMO that is a problem.

At this point we need good governance, but we aren't getting it from any of the candidates that were on the ticket. We had 8 years of lack of leadership. We don't elect leaders anymore.

What we do need is economic healing. That we should get.

We need social leadership almost equally but that ain't happening anytime soon.

Docthehun
11-29-2016, 06:02 AM
Mike Pence's most recent comment to the press; "buckle up!".

ripmeister
11-29-2016, 12:58 PM
At this point we need good governance, but we aren't getting it from any of the candidates that were on the ticket. We had 8 years of lack of leadership. We don't elect leaders anymore.

What we do need is economic healing. That we should get.

We need social leadership almost equally but that ain't happening anytime soon.

On this point we agree.