PDA

View Full Version : Warning: N.C. Officer Will Not Be Charged In Shooting Death Of Keith Lamont Scott

Captain Obvious
11-30-2016, 03:17 PM
http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2016/11/30/503866796/n-c-officer-will-not-be-charged-in-shooting-death-of-keith-lamont-scott

Cigar
11-30-2016, 03:20 PM
The day that's isn't News, I'll be Surprised

That's why I don't shed one tear when the Bullets are returned COD

exotix
11-30-2016, 03:23 PM
So much for the 2nd Amendment.

The district attorney said there was no evidence that Scott raised the weapon, but he said that officers are put in real danger when a suspect has a gun in his hand.

Captain Obvious
11-30-2016, 03:26 PM

This is why there wilk always be crime and dysfunction in the black community.

Thankfully Trump will protect cops for doing their jobs.

Safety
11-30-2016, 03:29 PM
If an officer is cleared of charges, the system worked.....and if an officer is found guilty of charges, society is targeting cops?

Don
11-30-2016, 03:29 PM
Even more danger when the suspect refuses to obey lawful orders and is a convicted felon who isn't supposed to have a gun.

There are cases out there where the police haven't done the right thing. This case isn't one of them.

Safety
11-30-2016, 03:30 PM
Even more danger when the suspect refuses to obey lawful orders and is a convicted felon who isn't supposed to have a gun.

There are cases out there where the police haven't done the right thing. This case isn't one of them.

Kinda like being told to stand down or back away from a vehicle, then reaching for a gun?

hanger4
11-30-2016, 03:31 PM

You left out these parts of the investigation;

"and ignored at least 10 commands from the five officers on the scene to drop it."
"One bullet was found in the chamber of the cocked gun, the safety was off"

exotix
11-30-2016, 03:34 PM

"and ignored at least 10 commands from the five officers on the scene to drop it."
"One bullet was found in the chamber of the $#@!ed gun, the safety was off"

How is getting shot-to-death while waiting for your child to get home from school by cops in a case of mistaken identity even remotely *doing the right thing* ?

Safety
11-30-2016, 03:35 PM

"One bullet was found in the chamber of the cocked gun, the safety was off"

https://youtu.be/-y1D0dGyUCg

Tahuyaman
11-30-2016, 03:45 PM
The lesson here is that when you get pulled over by the police, don't get out of your car with a gun in your hand, walk toward the officer and refuse instructions to drop your gun.

Safety
11-30-2016, 03:46 PM
The lesson here is that when you get pulled over by the police, don't get out of your car with a gun in your hand, walk toward the officer and refuse instructions to drop your gun.

Or, if you do, make sure you are part of the majority, then you may live to tell about it.

resister
11-30-2016, 03:47 PM
The lesson here is that when you get pulled over by the police, don't get out of your car with a gun in your hand, walk toward the officer and refuse instructions to drop your gun.seems pretty reasonable to me

Captain Obvious
11-30-2016, 03:48 PM
So now comes the BLM thugs to loot and terrorize and the left will wonder why white nationalism is making a resurgence.

:biglaugh:

Fools...

exotix
11-30-2016, 03:51 PM
The lesson here is that when you get pulled over by the police, don't get out of your car with a gun in your hand, walk toward the officer and refuse instructions to drop your gun.By the way, did the cops ever catch the perp they were there for in the first place ?

resister
11-30-2016, 03:56 PM
By the way, did the cops ever catch the perp they were there for in the first place ?
No word on that.They did catch a dumb fuck with a gun, though

exotix
11-30-2016, 03:58 PM
No word on that.They did catch a dumb $#@! with a gun, thoughI was just curious if there was a law that says you can be charged with murder if cops murder somebody else while trying to nab you that's all.

Tahuyaman
11-30-2016, 03:59 PM

Or, if you do, make sure you are part of the majority, then you may live to tell about it.

OK, get all non minorities to respond to a traffic stop by getting out of your car with a gun in your hand, walk towards the officer and ignore ten directives to drop the weapon and see what happens.

Amadeus
11-30-2016, 04:00 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQwlfXdDDYA

Tahuyaman
11-30-2016, 04:01 PM
seems pretty reasonable to me

Some people believe holding that view makes you racist.

Safety
11-30-2016, 04:01 PM
OK, get all non minorities to respond to a traffic stop by getting out of your car with a gun in your hand, walk towards the officer and ignore ten directives to drop the weapon and see what happens.

They get to all go home to dinner because they were just expressing their constitutional rights to carry and were not going to succumb to the authoritarian jack booted thugs progressive society.

Tahuyaman
11-30-2016, 04:02 PM

They get to all go home to dinner because they were just expressing their constitutional rights to carry and were not going to succumb to the authoritarian jack booted thugs progressive society.

By the way, did the cops ever catch the perp they were there for in the first place ?

Maybe both of you should test my theory.

Safety
11-30-2016, 04:03 PM
Maybe both of you should test my theory.

Only if you exit the vehicle first.

Subdermal
11-30-2016, 04:05 PM

^^^Hive mind.

texan
11-30-2016, 04:37 PM

you are a piece of shit idiot

stjames1_53
11-30-2016, 04:42 PM

when cop(s) have a gun trained on you on you and orders you to drop, you only have two choices.................one you do immediately, the other, not so fast

Bo-4
11-30-2016, 04:46 PM

NO, the lesson here is that if you have the absolute misfortune of being seen by cops serving a warrant on somebody else whilst twisting a splif & black ...

You're fair game

Bo-4
11-30-2016, 04:48 PM
No word on that.They did catch a dumb fuck with a gun, though

Cool reason for immediate death sentence!

exotix
11-30-2016, 04:50 PM
when cop(s) have a gun trained on you on you and orders you to drop, you only have two choices.................one you do immediately, the other, not so fast
Especially you should know this while waiting for the school bus just in time for your child to arrive to see your body on the ground capp'd-off by cops.

Bo-4
11-30-2016, 04:51 PM
Another old white Trump voter acting like an idiot in public?

Yawn

resister
11-30-2016, 04:51 PM
Cool reason for immediate death sentence!Don't know if missed it.He got out with a gun in hand walking towards officers ignoring repeated calls to drop it.What the hell did you think would happen:huh:

Chris
11-30-2016, 05:11 PM
you are a piece of shit idiot

Don't cal names and insults.

Tahuyaman
11-30-2016, 05:13 PM

NO, the lesson here is that if you have the absolute misfortune of being seen by cops serving a warrant on somebody else whilst twisting a splif & black ...

You're fair game

being armed, approaching the officer, refusing to drop the weapon is not relevant.

Tahuyaman
11-30-2016, 05:15 PM
Don't know if missed it.He got out with a gun in hand walking towards officers ignoring repeated calls to drop it.What the hell did you think would happen:huh:

Some think the officer should have surrendered to the armed citizen.

Bethere
11-30-2016, 05:19 PM
Some think the officer should have surrendered to the armed citizen.

Some think he should have backed away from the car and de-escalated the situation.

resister
11-30-2016, 05:22 PM
Some think he should have backed away from the car and de-escalated the situation.
Cops are a little defensive when you approach them with a gun.They are kinda strange that way

Don
11-30-2016, 05:22 PM
Kinda like being told to stand down or back away from a vehicle, then reaching for a gun?

No. Kinda like you ignored this part of my post...

Bethere
11-30-2016, 05:25 PM
Cops are a little defensive when you approach them with a gun.They are kinda strange that way

Funny, he was sitting in his car, rolling a joint.

resister
11-30-2016, 05:31 PM
I believe you have confused this with a different case

Safety
11-30-2016, 05:43 PM

It's ok to be a judge, jury, and executioner.

Bethere
11-30-2016, 05:51 PM
Apparently, so.

del
11-30-2016, 05:53 PM
if he'd been burning a flag, i could understand it

resister
11-30-2016, 06:00 PM
if he'd been burning a flag, i could understand it
Carrying a gun towards police will suffice

Tahuyaman
11-30-2016, 06:12 PM

How would you de-escalate a situation involving armed man being pulled over, then advancing toward your position. One who refused to lay down his weapon?

I would like like to see how the know nothing Monday morning QB's would handle the situation. Of course, being killed by the armed man is their version of an acceptable solution.

Bethere
11-30-2016, 06:19 PM
How would you de-escalate a situation involving armed man being pulled over, then advancing toward your position. One who refused to lay down his weapon?

I would like like to see how the know nothing Monday morning QB's would handle the situation. Of course, being killed by the armed man is their version of an acceptable solution.

I realize you don't understand. I also know that nothing I could say would change your view.

So I choose to de-escalate, and end our conversation by noting that I'd vote Republican before I'd ever consider voting for another police levy.

resister
11-30-2016, 06:21 PM
If only they woulda asked him more nicely

stjames1_53
11-30-2016, 06:27 PM
Especially you should know this while waiting for the school bus just in time for your child to arrive to see your body on the ground capp'd-off by cops.
my kids survived me..so that doesn't worry me much at all. No school buses come by my house...so.........your insult is void
if a cop tells me to drop my firearm, assuming it is out in their presence, I'll drop the gun. I'm smarter than this stupe was. I've had to deal with cops about my firearms from time to time.....still got 'em all,

stjames1_53
11-30-2016, 06:27 PM

well, you sure as hell didn't get much of an answer.............

Tahuyaman
11-30-2016, 06:28 PM
I realize you don't understand. I also know that nothing I could say would change your view.

So I choose to de-escalate, and end our conversation by noting that I'd vote Republican before I'd ever consider voting for another police levy.

I have real world experience in that field. You have none.

You are free to try to find a world where you can live with no police protection. The people you seem to think are the victims of the police would victimize you.

Tahuyaman
11-30-2016, 06:29 PM
If only they woulda asked him more nicely

Maybe offer him a cigarette and a beer?

Tahuyaman
11-30-2016, 06:30 PM
well, you sure as hell didn't get much of an answer.............

one never does get an answer. You just get more mindless clichés. When one knows that speaking the truth will make him look like a hack or just completely stupid, he goes for the diversionary tactic.

Bo-4
11-30-2016, 06:44 PM
being armed, approaching the officer, refusing to drop the weapon is not relevant.

You're a F-ing mo-ron

ZERO evidence that he was approaching officer with a weapon.

There was a gun in the car -that's it - end-o-subject ///

And hopefully of YOU :)\

Bo-4

TBed for ignoring warnings. Stop the name calling and insults!

Bethere
11-30-2016, 06:45 PM
I have real world experience in that field. You have none.

You are free to try to find a world where you can live with no police protection. The people you seem to think are the victims of the police would victimize you.

You don't know who I am, nor do you know of my experiences.

Your conjecture is no substitute for a well conducted background check.

Faced with an uncertain situation you moved immediately into attack mode, just like many cops would.

Thanks for illustrating my point.

I've voted for my last police levy.

Tahuyaman
11-30-2016, 06:48 PM
You're a F-ing mo-ron

And hopefully of YOU :)

you go girl.

Tahuyaman
11-30-2016, 06:50 PM
You don't know who I am, nor do you know of my experiences.

Your conjecture is no substitute for a well conducted background check.

Faced with an uncertain situation you moved immediately into attack mode, just like many cops would.

Thanks for illustrating my point.

I've voted for my last police levy.

I know what you aren't.

Bethere
11-30-2016, 06:51 PM
I know what you aren't.

Truly, you don't.

your type of reasoning gets a lot of innocent people shot.

Tahuyaman
11-30-2016, 06:53 PM
Truly, you don't.

I do. It's obvious.

Bethere
11-30-2016, 06:54 PM
I do. It's obvious.
It really isn't.

Have a nice evening.

hanger4
11-30-2016, 06:57 PM
You're a F-ing mo-ron

And hopefully of YOU :)

The gun was in his hand, cocked and safety off.

Argue from a point of knowledge.

Tahuyaman
11-30-2016, 07:01 PM
The gun was in his hand, $#@!ed and safety off.

Don't go disputing him with facts. He doesn't like that. He starts name calling when you do that.

resister
11-30-2016, 07:02 PM
The gun was in his hand, cocked and safety off.

That is a liberal impossibility.They want every one shot to be innocent.It,s not possible to support that narrative with facts, so they just make some shit up, hoping ignorance allows them to slink on by with the lie

Tahuyaman
11-30-2016, 07:06 PM
The bottom line here is that in this case the officer did the right thing. That's not always the case, but it was in this incident.

resister
11-30-2016, 07:07 PM
The bottom line here is that in this case the officer did the right thing. That's not always the case, but it was in this incident.You will never get a liberal to admit it

Tahuyaman
11-30-2016, 07:08 PM
That is a liberal impossibility.They want every one shot to be innocent.It,s not possible to support that narrative with facts, so they just make some $#@! up, hoping ignorance allows them to slink on by with the lie

There is one group of people who believe the police are always wrong. There is another who believe the police are always right. Both of those groups are wrong. That's a fact, not a belief.

MisterVeritis
11-30-2016, 07:34 PM
Is anyone else tired of caring?

Tahuyaman
11-30-2016, 07:56 PM
You will never get a liberal to admit it

I wouldn't expect them to.

resister
11-30-2016, 07:58 PM
I wouldn't expect them to.
First ignore, then lie,when caught in said lie,go straight into insult attack mode.Right outta the lockstep playbook

Subdermal
12-01-2016, 12:33 AM
Truly, you don't.

your type of reasoning gets a lot of innocent people shot.
And yet, it is the people with your 'type of reasoning' that are getting shot.

Isn't that interesting.

stjames1_53
12-01-2016, 05:02 AM
if all you have s a spinner, why get out of the car with a gun pointed at police?

stjames1_53
12-01-2016, 05:04 AM

duplicitious...................gangsters do it all the time..............oh, I forget, black on black crime doesn't exist

if you aren't a cop and approach me with the intent of doing catastrophic damage, I'll be the damned judge, jury, and executioner...........I've done it before............
If you're a cop, all you see is empty hands

donttread
12-01-2016, 05:33 AM

Police shootings should probably be investigated by another city's DA's office. After everyone walked in Baltimore and the DA was under political pressure they are afraid now.
I mean what's the message here? If you have a gun they are going to shoot you anyway so.... you can guess the rest.

donttread
12-01-2016, 05:38 AM
Police shootings should probably be investigated by another city's DA's office. After everyone walked in Baltimore and the DA was under political pressure they are afraid now.
I mean what's the message here? If you have a gun they are going to shoot you anyway so.... you can guess the rest.

Although if the DA is correct about the number of warning's Scott was given I wouldn't arrest the officer either. The spokesman is correct about reaction time, this is not a TV show.

TimeLord962
12-01-2016, 06:20 AM

He was armed and refused lawful orders numerous times, all of the witnesses against the officer admitted they had lied.

TimeLord962
12-01-2016, 06:21 AM

Open carry does not give you the right to refuse lawful order.

TimeLord962
12-01-2016, 06:22 AM
If an officer is cleared of charges, the system worked.....and if an officer is found guilty of charges, society is targeting cops?

Not if the officer is guilty which this black officer clearly was not. Spare us more of the same BLM lies.

TimeLord962
12-01-2016, 06:23 AM

No if you have a gun AND refuse lawful orders.

AeonPax
12-01-2016, 06:28 AM
`
`
This article explains it much better; District attorney exonerates officer, denounces rumors in killing of Keith Scott (http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/special-reports/charlotte-shooting-protests/article117921218.html) First off, I'm going to have to take the DA and the State Bureau of Investigation agents at their word. Their investigation came to the conclusion was that no charges would be filed. The Feds, who also investigated this, did not find cause that federal laws were violated. It is always sad when a human dies needlessly. However, there is another issue here that's being ignored; the riot itself.

According to the article;

"People who claimed on social media that they had seen the shooting and Scott was unarmed later recanted – three people who’d made the claim told State Bureau of Investigation agents in interviews that they hadn’t actually seen the shooting, Murray said."
`
This riot was egged on by LIES, partly reported by the main stream media and social media. All those early reports of, tears, anguish, hatred and frustration was based on those individual who lied. If lies didn't cause the riot then for sure they fanned the flames. Worse, right or wrong, these so-called witnesses were black and this incident only adds to a general suspicion that many blacks are not to be trusted. I know too many blacks who are truthful, honest people. Racists will group them all together as usual. This saddens me.

Safety
12-01-2016, 06:33 AM
duplicitious...................gangsters do it all the time..............oh, I forget, black on black crime doesn't exist

if you aren't a cop and approach me with the intent of doing catastrophic damage, I'll be the damned judge, jury, and executioner...........I've done it before............
If you're a cop, all you see is empty hands

Let me know the next time a gangster is on the taxpayers payroll. You do nothing but denigrate cops when you compare them to some two bit thug.

Safety
12-01-2016, 06:34 AM
Not if the officer is guilty which this black officer clearly was not. Spare us more of the same BLM lies.

Whooosh.

stjames1_53
12-01-2016, 07:09 AM
Let me know the next time a gangster is on the taxpayers payroll. You do nothing but denigrate cops when you compare them to some two bit thug.
your thinking has hit the switchback........................
and you do nothing but whine when a black man is shot by cops. You are portraying yourself as a cop hater.............no black man should ever be shot, regardless..................even if he's shooting at cops..........great. You just got a bunch of blacks killed
Your personality says you don't think that black on white crime is a crime at all!!! THAT'S JUSTICE..............
You do know that more whites are shot by cops than blacks, right?

Safety
12-01-2016, 07:25 AM
and you do nothing but whine when a black man is shot by cops. You are portraying yourself as a cop hater.............no black man should ever be shot, regardless..................even if he's shooting at cops..........great. You just got a bunch of blacks killed
Your personality says you don't think that black on white crime is a crime at all!!! THAT'S JUSTICE..............

I'm actually glad you brought this up, for I have been saying since the beginning that this was always a black vs police issue and not a black vs white issue that you and your ilk wanted to make it out to be. You see, in order for you to marginalize anything that goes against your view of what America should be or look like, you have to castigate and make those you deem "undesirable" out to be the bad people, or the ones that ruined your reminisce of the "good ol days". This most recent case of events that happened in NC, proves my point. Black cop shot a black man, people believe the cop reacted too quickly or overreacted, and they protested against it. The difference is, you and your ilk have been saying since Fergurson that this was the beginning of a race war, and that blacks are only upset because a white cop killed a black man, then Baltimore was the same rhetoric out of ya'll mouth, even dismissing the fact that half of the officers charged in Baltimore were black, that didn't stop your efforts to make it about black vs white, and now in this case you still try the same tactic.

Wake up call, hoss, that shit ain't goin to work no mo, your slip has been shown.

stjames1_53
12-01-2016, 07:32 AM
I'm actually glad you brought this up, for I have been saying since the beginning that this was always a black vs police issue and not a black vs white issue that you and your ilk wanted to make it out to be. You see, in order for you to marginalize anything that goes against your view of what America should be or look like, you have to castigate and make those you deem "undesirable" out to be the bad people, or the ones that ruined your reminisce of the "good ol days". This most recent case of events that happened in NC, proves my point. Black cop shot a black man, people believe the cop reacted too quickly or overreacted, and they protested against it. The difference is, you and your ilk have been saying since Fergurson that this was the beginning of a race war, and that blacks are only upset because a white cop killed a black man, then Baltimore was the same rhetoric out of ya'll mouth, even dismissing the fact that half of the officers charged in Baltimore were black, that didn't stop your efforts to make it about black vs white, and now in this case you still try the same tactic.

Wake up call, hoss, that $#@! ain't goin to work no mo, your slip has been shown.

and your slip is showing with your racial bias. I don't give a sh*t about what might happen. I wasn't one of those people that cried wolf about the riots, and you cannot find one post of mine that says so. I stated, and for the record, that the rioters where burning down their own neighborhoods, attacking defenseless people, and burning cars. Three facts that cannot be refuted.
I said it over three years ago, in another forum, that this day would come. That police were going to be targeted, because people have had their fill of Law........the cops are cannon fodder for the elites who write the laws, when the war finally breaks out.
Now, can we agree to that?

TimeLord962
12-01-2016, 08:25 AM

Wake up call, hoss, that $#@! ain't goin to work no mo, your slip has been shown.

Baltimore and Ferguson along with this case are all frauds perpetrated by the racist, violent, terrorist blm movement and they have unequivocally been proven as such. It was Blm that made NC a black vs white cop issue when they overtly lied and said that the white cop did the shooting and the black cop is taking the fall so spare us your bs.

Safety
12-01-2016, 08:28 AM
Baltimore and Ferguson along with this case are all frauds perpetrated by the racist, violent, terrorist blm movement and they have unequivocally been proven as such. It was Blm that made NC a black vs white cop issue when they overtly lied and said that the white cop did the shooting and the black cop is taking the fall so spare us your bs.

That's nice, thanks for sharing.

Tahuyaman
12-01-2016, 10:50 AM

De-escalation is usually more effective before someone pulls a gun on another. Once someone escalates to the point a gun is pulled on another and refuses to stand down, it's critical decision time.

I wouldn't expect you to understand the seriousness of that

resister
12-01-2016, 07:52 PM
All us white folks are racist.I just got back from my friends house in the hood.I enjoyed my time hanging with blacks.I'm obviously racist

resister
12-01-2016, 07:54 PM
De-escalation is usually more effective before someone pulls a gun on another. Once someone escalates to the point a gun is pulled on another and refuses to stand down, it's critical decision time.

I wouldn't expect you to understand the seriousness of that
I expect the po po to talk em down

MisterVeritis
12-01-2016, 07:55 PM
I no longer remember. Were there Black Lies Matter riots? If so was anyone harmed?

resister
12-01-2016, 08:01 PM
That's nice, thanks for sharing.
You have moved into the 4th democratic phase

Tahuyaman
12-01-2016, 08:11 PM
I expect the po po to talk em down

Once the gun is pulled it normally too late for being talked down. Sometimes the bad guys don't give you the opportunity to talk them down. The real world is often not a nice place.

resister
12-02-2016, 08:29 AM
Once the gun is pulled it normally too late for being talked down. Sometimes the bad guys don't give you the opportunity to talk them down. The real world is often not a nice place.
I was joking

Tahuyaman
12-02-2016, 09:14 AM
I was joking

I was a bit surprised that you would make such a comment.

resister
12-02-2016, 09:20 AM
I was a bit surprised that you would make such a comment.
The answer to imminent violence, is superior force, speed ,strength and overwhelming force

Tahuyaman
12-02-2016, 09:28 AM
I was a Sheriff's deputy for 14 years. I used my interpersonal communications skills to de-escalate many potentially violent situations. However, when a guy gets out of his car during a traffic stop, has a gun in his hand, is closing in on your location, refuses ten directives to drop the weapon..... The time to attempt de-escalation is long gone.