PDA

View Full Version : tPF Trump Supporters who don't know real news from fake news

decedent
12-02-2016, 04:01 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_nx4g3lQgI

What's sad is that these people are the rule, not the exception. Just look at the signs at Trump gatherings and you'll see them display their ignorance proudly.Fearful people believe what they want. It helps them make sense of the big, scary, changing world. Uneducated people don't know real news sources from fake news sources. Combine the fear and lack of education, and you get a mob that can be easily manipulated through the media.

It's like Bizarro World where the guy who has a fraudulent University appoints the Secretary of Education; where a guy who declared bankruptcy several times appoints the Secretary of Finance; where a guy who dodged the draft many times appoints the Secretary of Defense. The patients are running the asylum.

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/2116/144/1600/Adventure285_25.jpg

Cigar
12-02-2016, 04:07 PM
Stupid People are Easily Lead

Mister D
12-02-2016, 04:08 PM
You just described the American electorate not Trump supporters.

birddog
12-02-2016, 04:13 PM
Stupid People are Easily Lead

True, that's how Obama got elected.:rollseyes:

del
12-02-2016, 04:15 PM
yeah, trump supporters are much smarter than that.

lol

Mister D
12-02-2016, 04:16 PM
yeah, trump supporters are much smarter than that.

lol
Trump supporters are obviously included in that. Don't try so hard, del lol

del
12-02-2016, 04:17 PM

Trump supporters are obviously included in that. Don't try so hard, del lol

english, learn it

Mister D
12-02-2016, 04:18 PM
english, learn it
Learn how to read it, del. :laugh: Sorry, I do assume a basic level of reading comprehension. Maybe I shouldn't.

decedent
12-02-2016, 04:18 PM
True, that's how Obama got elected.:rollseyes:

I guess you're one of those people in the video. Evidence and reality be damned.

From Vox (http://www.vox.com/new-money/2016/11/16/13637310/facebook-fake-news-explained):
We know that low-quality news stories have proliferated on Facebook. For example, investigations by BuzzFeed (https://www.buzzfeed.com/craigsilverman/how-macedonia-became-a-global-hub-for-pro-trump-misinfo?utm_term=.qr7rO6GW3z#.mx2pr6MNJZ) and the Guardian (https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2016/aug/24/facebook-clickbait-political-news-sites-us-election-trump) found that a group of cynical Macedonian hucksters had created dozens of right-wing news sites that publish low-quality pro-Trump news stories. Some are plagiarized from other conservative news sites. Others appear to be totally made up, with headlines like “Proof surfaces that Obama was born in Kenya,” “Bill Clinton’s sex tape just leaked,” and “Pope Francis forbids Catholics from voting for Hillary!”

Beevee
12-02-2016, 04:20 PM
Trump rallies remind me of the jackboot, the basket of deplorable represents his stormtroopers and their applause is akin to a one handed salute.
Congratulations!

Mister D
12-02-2016, 04:23 PM
I guess you're one of those people in the video. Evidence and reality be damned.

From Vox (http://www.vox.com/new-money/2016/11/16/13637310/facebook-fake-news-explained):
We know that low-quality news stories have proliferated on Facebook. For example, investigations by BuzzFeed (https://www.buzzfeed.com/craigsilverman/how-macedonia-became-a-global-hub-for-pro-trump-misinfo?utm_term=.qr7rO6GW3z#.mx2pr6MNJZ) and the Guardian (https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2016/aug/24/facebook-clickbait-political-news-sites-us-election-trump) found that a group of cynical Macedonian hucksters had created dozens of right-wing news sites that publish low-quality pro-Trump news stories. Some are plagiarized from other conservative news sites. Others appear to be totally made up, with headlines like “Proof surfaces that Obama was born in Kenya,” “Bill Clinton’s sex tape just leaked,” and “Pope Francis forbids Catholics from voting for Hillary!”

That's nice.

Again, you described the American electorate. You've been here for at least a year. You should know by now how narrow minded, contradictory and downright bizarre the viewpoints here can be regardless of how our members lean.

Common Sense
12-02-2016, 04:28 PM
It's true...Obama's a muslim, I read it on facebook. Derp...

Mister D
12-02-2016, 04:28 PM
:huh:

Common Sense
12-02-2016, 04:33 PM
There has been an explosion of fake news and the equally troubling hyper partisan "news". The majority of people are getting their news from sources like facebook and left or right web news sources that bend and twist facts to suit their political views. The result is a belief in stories that aren't accurate and increased partisanship. The internet is a great way to disseminate information. It's also a great place to spread lies and half truths.

pjohns
12-02-2016, 04:34 PM
What's sad is that these people are the rule, not the exception. Just look at the signs at Trump gatherings and you'll see them display their ignorance proudly.Fearful people believe what they want. It helps them make sense of the big, scary, changing world. Uneducated people don't know real news sources from fake news sources. Combine the fear and lack of education, and you get a mob that can be easily manipulated through the media.

This is what is truly sad: Some who lost the presidential election cannot treat it simply as that--an election--but must see it as a metaphor for a larger (supposed) problem: Why, it just proves that those who put Donald Trump in office must be "ignota[nt]" and "[f]earful" people--not merely people who disagree with the losers of this election.

I was born in 1948--and never before have the supporters of a loser in a presidential election displayed such sour grapes as this time around...

pjohns
12-02-2016, 04:37 PM
english, learn it

Do you mean, for instance, like capitalizing the "E" in English, and placing a period at the end of the sentence?

Common Sense
12-02-2016, 04:39 PM
This is what is truly sad: Some who lost the presidential election cannot treat it simply as that--an election--but must see it as a metaphor for a larger (supposed) problem: Why, it just proves that those who put Donald Trump in office must be "ignota[nt]" and "[f]earful" people--not merely people who disagree with the losers of this election.

I was born in 1948--and never before have the supporters of a loser in a presidential election displayed such sour grapes as this time around...
Never has there been a candidate that convinced his followers that the system is rigged and the mainstream media is all lies. Regardless of Trump's victory and the false narratives that helped him win, his attack on media is a real issue, as is the proliferation of fake and partisan news.

In regards to the sour grapes over the election, you weren't by chance in a coma for the last 8 years were you? If you weren't you would have seen real sour grapes. The racists reactions. The calls of communism. The accusations of the president being illegitimate. The fear and hysteria that was pervasive after the election of Obama. That was more than sour...it was bitter.

Common Sense
12-02-2016, 04:40 PM
Do you mean, for instance, like capitalizing the "E" in English, and placing a period at the end of the sentence?

...or not using a comma before and?

Mister D
12-02-2016, 04:40 PM
There has been an explosion of fake news and the equally troubling hyper partisan "news". The majority of people are getting their news from sources like facebook and left or right web news sources that bend and twist facts to suit their political views. The result is a belief in stories that aren't accurate and increased partisanship. The internet is a great way to disseminate information. It's also a great place to spread lies and half truths.

As long as you aren't suggesting that this is somehow unique to Trump's appearance in the political arena or unique to his supporters we agree.

But as far as the Internet is concerned the implication seems to be that the news has not always been presented in such a way as to shape opinion. The situation is the same now. The only difference is that a lot more people are involved.

pjohns
12-02-2016, 04:47 PM
Fake news sites do, indeed, exist.

And they are a bit of a problem.

But I do find it rather interesting that a list of these sites includes the right-leaning Breitbart, but not the left-leaning Huffington Post: http://dailycaller.com/2016/11/15/assistant-professors-fake-news-list-has-breitbart-not-huffpo/

Common Sense
12-02-2016, 04:51 PM
Fake news sites do, indeed, exist.

And they are a bit of a problem.

But I do find it rather interesting that a list of these sites includes the right-leaning Breitbart, but not the left-leaning Huffington Post: http://dailycaller.com/2016/11/15/assistant-professors-fake-news-list-has-breitbart-not-huffpo/

Probably because while the Huffington Post is clearly a left leaning site, it hasn't had any accusations of fake news. Breitbart has.

HuffPo may be selective with what they post, but I haven't seen any allegations or examples of them posting false news stories. Breitbart has several examples.

Mister D
12-02-2016, 04:55 PM
Probably because while the Huffington Post is clearly a left leaning site, it hasn't had any accusations of fake news. Breitbart has.

HuffPo may be selective with what they post, but I haven't seen any allegations or examples of them posting false news stories. Breitbart has several examples.
Being selective about what facts you report is a far more effective and a far more common method of distorting the truth than telling outright falsehoods. We should be much more concerned about the former.

del
12-02-2016, 04:55 PM

no, i mean like effectively communicating what you mean to say.

Mister D
12-02-2016, 04:56 PM
no, i mean like effectively communicating what you mean to say.
Sorry it got by you, del. I'll draw a diagram for you next time.

del
12-02-2016, 04:57 PM
Sorry it got by you, del. I'll draw a diagram for you next time.

if your diagrams are like your sentences, don't bother.

Mister D
12-02-2016, 04:58 PM
if your diagrams are like your sentences, don't bother.
Yeah, I am dealing with a retard.

decedent
12-02-2016, 04:59 PM
That's nice.

Again, you described the American electorate. You've been here for at least a year. You should know by now how narrow minded, contradictory and downright bizarre the viewpoints here can be regardless of how our members lean.

Yes. And I was less partisan even a year ago. The level of dishonesty from a certain camp has pushed me farther to the left -- I want no part of that. Some claims about Obama and Hillary were so obviously false that the anti-establishment political movement seemed to be more of a religious cult.

Consequently, the best defense -- and offence -- a liberal has against a conservative is to simply ask for evidence. If no reliable examples or sources can bee given, it's probably not true.

But I'm also frustrated with liberals. Obama didn't bother proving that he was born in America. He seemed to think the truth would good enough. Hillary didn't deny giving a stand-down order. Instead, she went high when they went low. It's time for liberals to stand up to liars.

del
12-02-2016, 04:59 PM

i thought your father died

Mister D
12-02-2016, 05:01 PM
Classy.

Mister D
12-02-2016, 05:02 PM
Yes. And I was less partisan even a year ago. The level of dishonesty from a certain camp has pushed me farther to the left -- I want no part of that. Some claims about Obama and Hillary were so obviously false that the anti-establishment political movement seemed to be more of a religious cult.

Consequently, the best defense -- and offence -- a liberal has against a conservative is to simply ask for evidence. If no reliable examples or sources can bee given, it's probably not true.

But I'm also frustrated with liberals. Obama didn't bother proving that he was born in America. He seemed to think the truth would good enough. Hillary didn't deny giving a stand-down order. Instead, she went high when they went low. It's time for liberals to stand up to liars.
And Trump is a fascist. Yeah, that's rational. It's a pervasive phenomenon, D.

Cigar
12-02-2016, 05:03 PM
Classy.

Don't like it when it's dished back in your face?

Bethere
12-02-2016, 05:15 PM

There is nothing funny about mental retardation.

MisterVeritis
12-02-2016, 05:45 PM
It is evident he loves the Muslims. He supports the IslamoNAZIs in Iran.

It was said of Julius Caesar that he was every woman's man. And every man's woman. I think the second half may be true for Barack Hussein O. But that is none of my business.

Common Sense
12-02-2016, 05:46 PM

It was said of Julius Caesar that he was every woman's man. And every man's woman. I think the second half may be true for Barack Hussein O. But that is none of my business.

^This is the type of person I'm talking about.

MisterVeritis
12-02-2016, 05:46 PM
The saddest part is you believe it.

MisterVeritis
12-02-2016, 05:49 PM

^This is the type of person I'm talking about.
Which parts cause you anxious moments?
1) Barack Hussein O loves the Muslims?
2) Barack Hussein O supports the islmoNAZIs in Iran?
3) Barack Hussein O is every man's woman? (this is a bit of a stretch, Muslim men only, most likely).

Common Sense
12-02-2016, 05:50 PM

Which parts cause you anxious moments?
1) Barack Hussein O loves the Muslims?
2) Barack Hussein O supports the islmoNAZIs in Iran?
3) Barack Hussein O is every man's woman? (this is a bit of a stretch, Muslim men only, most likely).
Your ravings crack me up, they don't make me anxious.

I actually want to thank you for illustrating my point for me. Cheers!

Peter1469
12-02-2016, 05:53 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMUgNg7aD8M

Peter1469
12-02-2016, 05:53 PM

A Clinton operative had to correct Obama on his religion....

Common Sense
12-02-2016, 06:08 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmugng7ad8m
lol...

Common Sense
12-02-2016, 06:08 PM
The delusions continue...

Peter1469
12-02-2016, 06:10 PM
Obama lied?

Common Sense
12-02-2016, 06:13 PM
Obama lied?

Misspoke.

Do you really think he's a Muslim? Please say you do....tell me he was born in Kenya too and that he's gonna take away yer guns with the help of the US. Please?

Chris
12-02-2016, 06:15 PM

No insults. No bringing family into it.

Peter1469
12-02-2016, 06:56 PM
Misspoke.

Do you really think he's a Muslim? Please say you do....tell me he was born in Kenya too and that he's gonna take away yer guns with the help of the US. Please?
He grew up as a Muslim. And the Muslim faith does not recognize conversions. I imagine that was what was going on in his head when we spoke on CNN.

del
12-02-2016, 06:57 PM
you imagine lots of stuff, pete.

Common Sense
12-02-2016, 06:59 PM
you imagine lots of stuff, pete.

Took the words right out of my mouth...

Peter1469
12-02-2016, 07:00 PM
I didn't imagine Obama saying his Muslim faith.

Captain Obvious
12-02-2016, 07:02 PM
This should be in Rants and not tPF

del
12-02-2016, 07:03 PM
This should be in Rants and not tPF

whoooosh.....

del
12-02-2016, 07:04 PM
I didn't imagine Obama saying his Muslim faith.

link?

Peter1469
12-02-2016, 07:05 PM
link?
see the youtube link above. CNN.

pjohns
12-02-2016, 07:40 PM
Do you imagine, perhaps, that "accusations" equals proof?

MisterVeritis
12-02-2016, 07:45 PM
Your ravings crack me up, they don't make me anxious.
I actually want to thank you for illustrating my point for me. Cheers!
When the truth is not in you I suppose you have no need of it.

Common Sense
12-02-2016, 07:45 PM

Is that your mantra or something?

MisterVeritis
12-02-2016, 07:50 PM
The delusions continue...
As long as there are Leftist the delusions will continue.

MisterVeritis
12-02-2016, 07:52 PM

Is that your mantra or something?
No. It was a prognosis. For you, little buddy.

decedent
12-02-2016, 08:57 PM

Classy.

Pot, kettle, something.

He grew up as a Muslim. And the Muslim faith does not recognize conversions. I imagine that was what was going on in his head when we spoke on CNN.
Obama was supposed to destroy America and all he did was make it better. :(

MisterVeritis
12-02-2016, 09:01 PM
As long as there are Leftists the delusions will continue.

Common Sense
12-02-2016, 09:12 PM

So if the leftists all disappeared, then your delusions would end? Doesn't seem like a very good deal.

Mister D
12-02-2016, 09:15 PM
Pot, kettle, something.

Pot, kettle...what exactly? Take your time.

decedent
12-02-2016, 09:17 PM

A great example of somebody who can't tell real news from fake news.

Obama lied?

Obama never said he was a Muslim.

This ignorance and religious-like belief in myths is amazing. People who twist words and context, and people who obviously don't know a damned thing about Islam.

del
12-02-2016, 09:18 PM
Pot, kettle...what exactly? Take your time.

you sure told him

Peter1469
12-02-2016, 09:20 PM
A great example of somebody who can't tell real news from fake news.

Obama never said he was a Muslim.

This ignorance and religious-like belief in myths is amazing. People who twist words and context, and people who obviously don't know a damned thing about Islam.

This is a good example of the failures of our public schools.

Obama clearly makes a statement about his religion. A Clinton operative clearly corrects him for PC purposes. And this guy said Obama didn't say what he said......

Wow.

Mister D
12-02-2016, 09:20 PM
Quite a few of our progressives believed American cops are gunning down Negroes with reckless abandon. It's a veritable epidemic! Except it's demonstrable nonsense. Maybe you should have voted for trump. I mean...the mentality is the same. :wink:

Mister D
12-02-2016, 09:21 PM

Obama clearly makes a statement about his religion. A Clinton operative clearly corrects him for PC purposes. And this guy said Obama didn't say what he said......

Wow.
What about the fake news about police shootings? Quite a few (almost all) of our progressives bought that hook, line and sinker.

Mister D
12-02-2016, 09:21 PM
you sure told him
Asked a question. Feel free to answer it. lol

decedent
12-02-2016, 09:27 PM

Never before has the Electoral College faced such a dishonest, unqualified, ignorant, bigoted candidate. This could be their biggest challenge ever.

decedent
12-02-2016, 09:37 PM

Wow.

He never said that he was a Muslim. Never.

Obama toasts the profound stupidity of your claim with a cold one, because Muslims drink alcohol.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_CsNAB1sCKNg/S40DatVDLyI/AAAAAAAAGNo/M0iBqkaqoxY/w1200-h630-p-nu/Obama+Drunk3.jpg

Peter1469
12-02-2016, 09:54 PM

Obama toasts the profound stupidity of your claim with a cold one, because Muslims drink alcohol.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_CsNAB1sCKNg/S40DatVDLyI/AAAAAAAAGNo/M0iBqkaqoxY/w1200-h630-p-nu/Obama+Drunk3.jpg

wow.

The youtube video is clear. And the hard left says it isn't.

lol

I saw it live, so don't tell me the video is fake.

decedent
12-02-2016, 10:37 PM
wow.

The youtube video is clear. And the hard left says it isn't.

lol

I saw it live, so don't tell me the video is fake.

Yes, and it's clear that Obama never said he was a Muslim. He used a few nominal phrases that, being an experienced politician, he should not have used because people with an agenda, or who don't know English, can take them as clausal phrases. A nominal phrase has no verb, so it cannot be a proposition.

But this is over your head and I'm wasting my time.

Common Sense
12-02-2016, 10:39 PM
Yes, and it's clear that Obama never said he was a Muslim. He used a few nominal phrases that, being an experienced politician, he should not have used because people with an agenda, or who don't know English, can take them as clausal phrases. A nominal phrase has no verb, so it cannot be a proposition.

You are wasting your time...it's like trying to tell a creationist that the world is over 10,000 years old.

Mister D
12-02-2016, 10:47 PM
You are wasting your time...it's like trying to tell a creationist that the world is over 10,000 years old.
Or telling a progressive that black men aren't being gunned down with reckless abandon by racist cops. :)

decedent
12-02-2016, 10:58 PM

I am so confused about why that video is only 12 seconds long. It's almost as if the context was 'accidentally' left out.

Two glaring ironies are;
1) The use of fake news in this thread
2) The fact that Obama was defending his opponent, John McCain, by saying McCain never accused Obama of being a Muslim. Here's (https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-partisan/wp/2013/10/23/why-lies-about-obama-resist-the-truth/?utm_term=.44af1f5c5b65)the transcript.

"When they go low, we go high" needs to end. It's time to call the idiots out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Io4wsUYw5FU

Peter1469
12-02-2016, 11:06 PM
Oh boy.

I haven't looked, is it a full moon out?

Obama and his Muslim faith.

The hard left will say he didn't just say that.

Wow.

Safety
12-02-2016, 11:16 PM
Or telling a progressive that black men aren't being gunned down with reckless abandon by racist cops. :)

You know, for someone who likes to follow me around holding up a sign about using the "appeal to hypocrisy", you sure seemed to have hitched your horse to that action.

Dr. Who
12-02-2016, 11:58 PM

Del infracted for attacking family members.

Mister D
12-03-2016, 09:52 AM
You know, for someone who likes to follow me around holding up a sign about using the "appeal to hypocrisy", you sure seemed to have hitched your horse to that action.

Have a talk with that guy whoever he is. As for me, I'm not pointing out hypocrisy. Does anyone speak English anymore? WTF? I'm pointing out the utter lack of self-awareness among those who believe the propensity to believe "fake news" is somehow unique to Trump supporters.

Safety
12-03-2016, 10:24 AM
Ok.

MisterVeritis
12-03-2016, 10:27 AM
And Barack Hussein O never said McCain hadn't questioned his (Barack's) Muslim faith (religion).
Can one be a faithful Muslim without being Muslim? Can one hold the Muslim religion without being a Muslim?

birddog
12-03-2016, 12:09 PM

I am one of many, many creationists who believe the earth is millions of years old perhaps. Shows what you know! :tongue20: "Gap Theory" is likely.

MisterVeritis
12-03-2016, 12:14 PM

So if the leftists all disappeared, then your delusions would end? Doesn't seem like a very good deal.
I cannot speak to what will happen to delusions once the Leftists are all eradicated. However, I do know as long as there are Leftists the delusions will continue.

First, let's rid the nation of the Leftists. Then let's see what happens to delusions. Okay?

MisterVeritis
12-03-2016, 12:16 PM
You are wasting your time because the facts are on the other side from your argument.

MisterVeritis
12-03-2016, 12:18 PM
I am so confused about why that video is only 12 seconds long. It's almost as if the context was 'accidentally' left out.
Two glaring ironies are;
2) The fact that Obama was defending his opponent, John McCain, by saying McCain never accused Obama of being a Muslim. Here's (https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-partisan/wp/2013/10/23/why-lies-about-obama-resist-the-truth/?utm_term=.44af1f5c5b65)the transcript.

Dodging is such an artform.

MisterVeritis
12-03-2016, 12:22 PM
Two glaring ironies are;

Okay. Let's call the idiots out.

OBAMA: Let’ not play games. What I was suggesting — you’re absolutely right that John McCain has not talked about my Muslim faith, and you’re absolutely right that that has not come...
STEPHANOPOULOS: Your Christian faith.
OBAMA: My Christian faith.
What do the other tools in the tool shed think?

decedent
12-03-2016, 01:31 PM
Okay. Let's call the idiots out.

OBAMA: Let’ not play games. What I was suggesting — you’re absolutely right that John McCain has not talked about my Muslim faith, and you’re absolutely right that that has not come...
STEPHANOPOULOS: Your Christian faith.
OBAMA: My Christian faith.
What do the other tools in the tool shed think?

Show me where Obama said he was a Muslim, brainiac.

MisterVeritis
12-03-2016, 01:33 PM
Barack Hussein O: you’re absolutely right that John McCain has not talked about my Muslim faith

Is it possible to be of the Muslim faith without being Muslim?
Who, other than a Muslim would have a "Muslim faith"?

MisterVeritis
12-03-2016, 01:34 PM
Did you once claim to be an engineer?

decedent
12-03-2016, 01:35 PM
Did you once claim to be an engineer?

I'm waiting patiently. Put up or shut up.

AeonPax
12-03-2016, 01:47 PM
`
`
As a a rule of the thumb, gullibility and stupidity cut across all real and artificial barriers such as race, creed, culture, nationality, age, gender, handicap, sexuality and whatever. Fake news is nothing new.

MisterVeritis
12-03-2016, 02:45 PM
I'm waiting patiently. Put up or shut up.
See post 87.

Didn't you once claim to be an engineer?