PDA

View Full Version : Trump breaches U.S. protocol and speaks with President of Taiwan

exotix
12-02-2016, 09:22 PM
*Breaking*

In continuing to refuse Intelligence Briefings, Trump in his utter-ignorance of international protocols ... appears to not care one iota that his stupidity and belligerence will lead to showdowns instead of diplomatic solutions ...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/trump-spoke-with-taiwanese-president-a-major-break-with-decades-of-us-policy-on-china/2016/12/02/b98d3a22-b8ca-11e6-959c-172c82123976_story.html?utm_term=.027fdd308c7d

Trump speaks with Taiwanese president, a major break with decades of U.S. policy on China

President-elect Donald Trump spoke Friday with Taiwan’s president, a major departure from decades of U.S. policy in Asia and a breach of diplomatic protocol with ramifications for the incoming president’s relations with China.

The call is the first known contact between a U.S. president or president-elect with a Taiwanese leader since before the United States broke diplomatic relations with the island in 1979.

China considers Taiwan a province, and news of the official outreach by Trump is likely to infuriate the regional military and economic power.

http://i68.tinypic.com/2lddta0.jpg

Captain Obvious
12-02-2016, 09:22 PM
Tissue?

... shit, sorry del

:biglaugh:

exotix
12-02-2016, 09:23 PM
White House reaffirms ‘One China’ policy after Trump calls Taiwan leader

http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/850259/white-house-reaffirms-one-china-policy-after-trump-calls-taiwan-leader#ixzz4RjokKdI9

One China Policy

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One-China_policy

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/01/China_map.png

Subdermal
12-02-2016, 09:25 PM
I have no problem with this.

resister
12-02-2016, 09:25 PM
OHH's NOO"s....The HOrror'S the horrors:kiss:

Captain Obvious
12-02-2016, 09:28 PM

http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/850259/white-house-reaffirms-one-china-policy-after-trump-calls-taiwan-leader#ixzz4RjokKdI9

One China Policy

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One-China_policy

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/01/China_map.png

Birds of a feather

Common Sense
12-02-2016, 09:30 PM
It's a complex situation. I hope Trump understands the ramifications and it wasn't just an oversight.

Cigar
12-02-2016, 09:35 PM
God I'm glad this dumb F'ck is a Republican, what a F'cking Moron :laugh:

Captain Obvious
12-02-2016, 09:40 PM
It's a complex situation. I hope Trump understands the ramifications and it wasn't just an oversight.

But Iran isn't complex.

Thanks for the insight highlander.

Maybe this is part of why Trump is popular. Establishment status quo has been so effective...

del
12-02-2016, 09:41 PM
But Iran isn't complex.

Maybe this is part of why Trump is popular. Establishment status quo has been so effective...

trump is popular because math is hard, barbie.

write it on your forehead

Peter1469
12-02-2016, 09:44 PM

He is popular because too many Americans believe in borders and cultures.

Common Sense
12-02-2016, 09:45 PM
But Iran isn't complex.

I said Iran was complex. You sound really bitter and butthurt. I simply made a comment about Trump's phone call and this is your crybaby response?

Trump is popular because of idiocy. I didn't ever think you were an idiot...but you're making that less certain with this hissy fit of yours.

Grizz
12-02-2016, 09:45 PM
Good for the Donald, at least he isn't bowing to every tin pot dictator asshole he meets.

Cigar
12-02-2016, 09:46 PM
Just watch, the Trumpnuts will rationalize Stupid :laugh:

Because Stupid is what they know best.

Peter1469
12-02-2016, 09:46 PM
Iran's government is complex

http://elon221a.pbworks.com/f/1193799250/iranian government setup.png

Captain Obvious
12-02-2016, 09:47 PM
I said Iran was complex. You sound really bitter and butthurt. I simply made a comment about Trump's phone call and this is your crybaby response?

Trump is popular because of idiocy. I didn't ever think you were an idiot...but you're making that less certain with this hissy fit of yours.

Thanks for your (duplicated) opinion

exotix
12-02-2016, 09:59 PM
Just In

Rival Companies of Trump now contemplating epic class-action lawsuit (unfair competition and conflict of interest) against Trump upon this announcement ... this is due to the disclosure of the Trump Organization's collaboration with Taiwan to build hotels that surfaced in September ...

Trump Organization eyes Taiwan for newest luxury resort location

https://www.rawstory.com/2016/12/revealed-trump-organization-eyes-taiwan-for-newest-luxury-resort-location/

In November, the mayor of Taoyuan, Taiwan confirmed to China Times that a representative from the Trump Organization visited the municipality in September.

Reports indicate Trump’s son Eric Trump will visit Taiwan later this year to discuss “a large-scale urban development project aimed at capitalizing on Taoyuan’s status as a transport hub for East Asia.”

Grizz
12-02-2016, 10:01 PM
Just In

Rival Companies of Trump now contemplating epic class-action lawsuit (unfair competition and conflict of interest) against Trump upon this announcement ... this is due to the disclosure of the Trump Organization's collaboration with Taiwan to build hotels that surfaced in September ...

Trump Organization eyes Taiwan for newest luxury resort location

https://www.rawstory.com/2016/12/revealed-trump-organization-eyes-taiwan-for-newest-luxury-resort-location/

In November, the mayor of Taoyuan, Taiwan confirmed to China Times that a representative from the Trump Organization visited the municipality in September.

Reports indicate Trump’s son Eric Trump will visit Taiwan later this year to discuss “a large-scale urban development project aimed at capitalizing on Taoyuan’s status as a transport hub for East Asia.”

Go for it.
You DO know that SHE called him....right?

Captain Obvious
12-02-2016, 10:02 PM
"Rival companies"... lol

exotix
12-02-2016, 10:02 PM
Go for it.
You DO know that SHE called him....right?Call FOIA then report back what they talked about.

Grizz
12-02-2016, 10:07 PM
Call FOIA then report back what they talked about.

She called him son, I really don't care what they talked about. I feel bad for you, why do you hate America?

exotix
12-02-2016, 10:08 PM
She called him son, I really don't care what they talked about. I feel bad for you, why do you hate America?When did your mind decease ? LOL

Grizz
12-02-2016, 10:10 PM
When did your mind decease ? LOL

Why do you hate your nation?

Cigar
12-02-2016, 10:13 PM
Let me be the first to call this one, someone is going to PUNK TRUMP with a Phone Call :laugh:

Cigar
12-02-2016, 10:15 PM
Good for the Donald, at least he isn't bowing to every tin pot dictator $#@! he meets.
But it's not ok to have relations with Cuba :laugh:

Grizz
12-02-2016, 10:17 PM

Does this kind of deflection usually work for you?
Why do YOU hate America?

decedent
12-02-2016, 10:18 PM

Trump isn't the President. He needs to realize this.

Trump just said that Taiwan was a nation. Obama is going to have to clean up this idiot's mess.

Beevee
12-02-2016, 10:18 PM
Why do you hate your nation?

Perhaps the question should be 'Why do you love yours?'

del
12-02-2016, 10:20 PM
He is popular because too many Americans believe in borders and cultures.

he's popular because too many americans can't spell cat if you spot then the c and the a.

Cigar
12-02-2016, 10:20 PM
Does this kind of deflection usually work for you?
Why do YOU hate America?

Actually I hate Americans, you know, the Racist type Americans.

I Love America, I Own Property :laugh:

exotix
12-02-2016, 10:21 PM
Why do you hate your nation?Why does your wife, children and dog hate you ?

http://s9.tinypic.com/de7e36_th.jpg

Grizz
12-02-2016, 10:24 PM
Why does your wife, children and dog hate you ?
http://s9.tinypic.com/de7e36_th.jpg

More deflection, I am making you look very bad here son.
WHY do you hate America?

texan
12-03-2016, 01:11 AM
Yet they celebrate the executive order circumventing policy on Fidel Castro and Cuba.

Just a bunch of two faced hypocrites, I will address the media later I am only referring to the intellectual (a term used loosly on th forum) bankrupt people here.

Might want to recount those Cuban votes in Florida.

Don
12-03-2016, 01:15 AM
This is just more Orwellian BS. Taiwan used to be our main ally over there and Communist China was the enemy. Then suddenly Communist China was our "friend" and Taiwan was the not so good guy.
On Oct. 25, 1971, the United Nations General Assembly voted to admit the People’s Republic of China (mainland China) and to expel the Republic of China (Taiwan). The Communist P.R.C. therefore assumed the R.O.C.’s place in the General Assembly as well as its place as one of the five permanent members of the U.N. Security Council.

Winston, who are we at war with? "Communist China." No Winston, we are at war with Taiwan, we have always been at war with Taiwan. Communist China has always been our ally Winston.

"Protocol" is just a BS word. About time the establishment gets shaken up and put on notice.

exploited
12-03-2016, 01:18 AM
This is the first thing Trump has done that I support.

Taiwan deserves US recognition and support.

Cletus
12-03-2016, 03:10 AM
Trump talking to the leader of Taiwan is good thing. It is time for the US to stop kowtowing to the Chicoms. Beijing doesn't decide who the United States talks to or doesn't talk to.

I think it is hilarious to see not only the forum's Leftists, but Leftist idiots all over the country soiling themselves over this. They are a disgusting bunch of cowardly bedwetters.

Common
12-03-2016, 04:56 AM
its good he talked to the taiwanese president. The left didnt care when obama bent over for the entire middle east except of course Israel. They though it was great he kissed a little castro ass.
They thought it was wonderful he gave Iran half a billion hoping they would be nice.

Absolutely nothing wrong with trump talking to world leaders of his choosing that may fit into the NEW agenda his administration may follow.

The left has to get a grip that no one cares about their incessant whining because THEY ARE OUT and so is the PROGRESSIVE SOCIALIZIEDS OPEN BORDER agenda and its not coming back for 4 yrs.

They right had to accept 8 yrs of executive orders by obama. Now its very much your turn to swallow, suck it up buttercups.

Trump obviously could care less about bloomer twisting tantrums

TimeLord962
12-03-2016, 06:25 AM
*Breaking*

In continuing to refuse Intelligence Briefings, Trump in his utter-ignorance of international protocols ... appears to not care one iota that his stupidity and belligerence will lead to showdowns instead of diplomatic solutions ...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/trump-spoke-with-taiwanese-president-a-major-break-with-decades-of-us-policy-on-china/2016/12/02/b98d3a22-b8ca-11e6-959c-172c82123976_story.html?utm_term=.027fdd308c7d

Trump speaks with Taiwanese president, a major break with decades of U.S. policy on China

President-elect Donald Trump spoke Friday with Taiwan’s president, a major departure from decades of U.S. policy in Asia and a breach of diplomatic protocol with ramifications for the incoming president’s relations with China.

The call is the first known contact between a U.S. president or president-elect with a Taiwanese leader since before the United States broke diplomatic relations with the island in 1979.

China considers Taiwan a province, and news of the official outreach by Trump is likely to infuriate the regional military and economic power.

We do not recognize your establishment elite protocols, if it doesn't have the force of law GFYS.

donttread
12-03-2016, 07:40 AM
*Breaking*

You mean the bastard stopped kissing China's ass? We produce their food which makes the debt they hold worthless unless they can eat it.

Ransom
12-03-2016, 07:46 AM
You mean the $#@! stopped kissing China's ass? We produce their food which makes the debt they hold worthless unless they can eat it.
They're earning interest on the debt we owe them. The interest on our debt alone....nearly half the amount spent on our entire defense structure and 'warmongering.' Amazing....you believe our defense spending is breaking our bank.....the 250 billion a year in interest on the debt...."worthless."

Wow

Ransom
12-03-2016, 07:49 AM
Trump talking to the leader of Taiwan is good thing. It is time for the US to stop kowtowing to the Chicoms. Beijing doesn't decide who the United States talks to or doesn't talk to.

I think it is hilarious to see not only the forum's Leftists, but Leftist idiots all over the country soiling themselves over this. They are a disgusting bunch of cowardly bedwetters.

Not to mention the President of Taiwan called Trump, not the other way around. Their cry wolf tactics odd as.....don't we already have a story of someone crying wolf consistently....and losing the entire flock.

TimeLord962
12-03-2016, 09:12 AM
They're earning interest on the debt we owe them. The interest on our debt alone....nearly half the amount spent on our entire defense structure and 'warmongering.' Amazing....you believe our defense spending is breaking our bank.....the 250 billion a year in interest on the debt...."worthless."

Wow

The overwhelming majority of our debt is owed domestically not to foreign powers, and the majority of that debt does not come from defense spending it comes from non-discretionary spending and entitlements. Obama racked up more debt than every single POTUS combined and he cut defense spending.

exotix
12-03-2016, 09:45 AM
The overwhelming majority of our debt is owed domestically not to foreign powers, and the majority of that debt does not come from defense spending it comes from non-discretionary spending and entitlements.

Obama racked up more debt than every single POTUS combined and he cut defense spending.That'll be news to Carrier ...

Indiana official: Carrier deal is about federal contracts

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/11/indiana-carrier-deal-federal-contracts-trump-232021

John Mutz, a former Indiana lieutenant governor who sits on the agency’s 12-member board, told POLITICO that Carrier turned down a previous offer from IEDC (Indiana Economic Development Corporation) before the election.

He said he thinks the choice is driven by concerns from Carrier’s parent company, United Technologies, that it could lose a portion of its roughly $6.7 billion in federal contracts.

TimeLord962
12-03-2016, 10:05 AM
That'll be news to Carrier ...

Indiana official: Carrier deal is about federal contracts

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/11/indiana-carrier-deal-federal-contracts-trump-232021

John Mutz, a former Indiana lieutenant governor who sits on the agency’s 12-member board, told POLITICO that Carrier turned down a previous offer from IEDC (Indiana Economic Development Corporation) before the election.

He said he thinks the choice is driven by concerns from Carrier’s parent company, United Technologies, that it could lose a portion of its roughly $6.7 billion in federal contracts.

What does this non sequitur have to do with anything? It is an undeniable fact that Obama racked up more debt than all former Presidents combined and your article is not a rebuttal of that fact in any way, shape, or form.

exotix
12-03-2016, 10:07 AM
What does this non sequitur have to do with anything? It is an undeniable fact that Obama racked up more debt than all former Presidents combined and your article is not a rebuttal of that fact in any way, shape, or form.Easy, I just pwn'd your bold-faced lie ... LOL

Amadeus
12-03-2016, 10:08 AM
More deflection, I am making you look very bad here son.

No, you're asking a stupid question based on an even stupider assumption. Thus making yourself look bad.

Grizz
12-03-2016, 11:14 AM
No, you're asking a stupid question based on an even stupider assumption. Thus making yourself look bad.

Nope, the poor, poor man makes a silly statement and then runs from it when cornered ;)
Do try and keep up....or not, I don't really care ;)

decedent
12-03-2016, 11:18 AM
After decades of improvements in Sino-American relations, Trump managed to piss of China during another publicity stunt.

Tahuyaman
12-03-2016, 01:43 PM
I wonder if the partisan bed-wetting will turn off millions of people who are still leery of a future Trump administration?

Cletus
12-03-2016, 01:46 PM
After decades of improvements in Sino-American relations, Trump managed to piss of China during another publicity stunt.

Let them be pissed.

If that bothers you, you must be the type who would turn your back on a friend to ingratiate yourself to a bully. I can't even imagine being like that.

MisterVeritis
12-03-2016, 01:47 PM
Do you believe a democratically elected leader offering her congratulations to the president-elect is in the same category as Barack Hussein O's capitulation to the Cuban dictators?

MisterVeritis
12-03-2016, 01:56 PM
Easy, I just pwn'd your bold-faced lie ... LOL
I believe your condition is getting worse.

MisterVeritis
12-03-2016, 01:57 PM
LOL. What makes you think anyone is pissed?

Don
12-03-2016, 01:57 PM
Sino-American relationships? Taiwan is also "Sino" and they aren't communists oppressing a billion people. They are the people who escaped the horrors of Mao Zedong.

AeonPax
12-03-2016, 01:59 PM
`
`
I don't give a rats ass that Trump did this. Why? I don't know, it's just no big f**ken deal with me. Having said that, I was in Asia recently and was acutely aware of the proper protocols (customs) that were beneficial to follow.

MisterVeritis
12-03-2016, 02:03 PM
`
I don't give a rats ass that Trump did this. Why? I don't know, it's just no big f**ken deal with me. Having said that, I was in Asia recently and was acutely aware of the proper protocols (customs) that were beneficial to follow.
Feel free to follow them.

Trump took a foreign leader's congratulatory phone call. It is a protocol of politeness.

Captain Obvious
12-03-2016, 02:26 PM

Enjoy your weekend getaway.

Say hi to uncle Chester for me.

NapRover
12-03-2016, 02:39 PM
I have no problem with this.
Me neither...he's not potus yet!

suds00
12-03-2016, 03:11 PM
apparently the world is going to find out about going "rogue"whether we like it or not

jimmyz
12-03-2016, 04:21 PM
Just the opening salvo of what we will be seeing. I like it. China got their first look at Trump's style. The Left's bitching about "protocol" is a sign of their insecurity and fear of China. This is a great strategic move by Trump showing the Commies what to expect RE the Taipei/Taiwan quandary.

The Xl
12-03-2016, 04:32 PM
We shouldn't cower to China over silly shit like this anyway.

Cletus
12-03-2016, 04:35 PM
Just the opening salvo of what we will be seeing. I like it. China got their first look at Trump's style. The Left's bitching about "protocol" is a sign of their insecurity and fear of China. This is a great strategic move by Trump showing the Commies what to expect RE the Taipei/Taiwan quandary.

Spot on.

hanger4
12-03-2016, 04:41 PM

You owned yourself exo. Your response to TimeLord962 was irrelevant.

Newpublius
12-03-2016, 04:51 PM
Let's not forget who the 'good' China is.....Taiwan.

decedent
12-04-2016, 07:38 PM
Let them be pissed.

If that bothers you, you must be the type who would turn your back on a friend to ingratiate yourself to a bully. I can't even imagine being like that.

His hapless bumbling bothers people who know even a smidgen of international affairs. Trump just stirred the pot for no apparent reason. It's just random, mindless destruction from an idiot who thinks Taiwan is a nation.

Trump is basically today's Chauncey Gardiner -- a moron who deluded people think is brilliant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgGvd1UPZ88

MisterVeritis
12-04-2016, 07:44 PM
His hapless bumbling bothers people who know even a smidgen of international affairs. Trump just stirred the pot for no apparent reason. It's just random, mindless destruction from an idiot who thinks Taiwan is a nation.
Trump is basically today's Chauncey Gardiner -- a moron who deluded people think is brilliant.
You might want to close your eyes for the next eight years.

Cletus
12-04-2016, 07:47 PM
His hapless bumbling bothers people who know even a smidgen of international affairs.

If that were true, you would not be bothered at all.

donttread
12-04-2016, 08:30 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgGvd1UPZ88

Screw cow towing to China. If we can arm Taiwan we can sure as hell talk to them.

decedent
12-04-2016, 08:36 PM
Screw cow towing to China. If we can arm Taiwan we can sure as hell talk to them.

China is westernizing quickly and our relations with them are improving greatly. They're dealing with their human rights and pollution issues . Why rock the boat?

Besides, the nationalists got Trump elected, and they probably don't like Trump's international muscle flexing.

Captain Obvious
12-04-2016, 08:51 PM
China is westernizing quickly and our relations with them are improving greatly. They're dealing with their human rights and pollution issues . Why rock the boat?

Besides, the nationalists got Trump elected, and they probably don't like Trump's international muscle flexing.

lol

I guess considering we have privacy freedoms on par with North Korea and China thanks to teh O'bama and his thugs you might be on to something.

donttread
12-05-2016, 06:11 AM

The mere attitude that it is our job to get China to fix their problems when we ignore so many of our own is at the core of what is wrong with our country. We don't only imperialize , we defelct attention from our own problems by being "Bertha better than you" in everybody's business.
Aside from that , if arming Taiwan doesn't "rock the boat" how can talking to their leader? That's fucking ridiculous on it's face.

patrickt
12-05-2016, 06:46 AM
Donald Trump answered the phone. Well, I'm not surprised the leftists are shocked, outraged, and wetting their pants. That's not something Barack Obama would ever have done. Well, he'd answer the phone for Iran or Hamas or Fidel but not for Taiwan. Any ally of America is an enemy of the left. So, Barack Obama would simply stay on the golf course and let his cell go to voice mail.

TimeLord962
12-05-2016, 07:00 AM

You pwned me with a non sequitor? Sure thing sport.

TimeLord962
12-05-2016, 07:31 AM
Donald Trump answered the phone. Well, I'm not surprised the leftists are shocked, outraged, and wetting their pants. That's not something Barack Obama would ever have done. Well, he'd answer the phone for Iran or Hamas or Fidel but not for Taiwan. Any ally of America is an enemy of the left. So, Barack Obama would simply stay on the golf course and let his cell go to voice mail.

Did you hear he eats dinner and gets secret service protection too, the horror.

TimeLord962
12-05-2016, 07:33 AM

"Did China ask us if it was OK to devalue their currency (making it hard for our companies to compete), heavily tax our products going into their country (the US doesn't tax them) or to build a massive military complex in the middle of the South China Sea? I don't think so!," -- The Donald

decedent
12-05-2016, 03:56 PM
The mere attitude that it is our job to get China to fix their problems when we ignore so many of our own is at the core of what is wrong with our country.

That's why I think Trump shouldn't meddle.

We don't only imperialize , we defelct attention from our own problems by being "Bertha better than you" in everybody's business.
Aside from that , if arming Taiwan doesn't "rock the boat" how can talking to their leader? That's $#@!ing ridiculous on it's face.

Trump is not a President. He's not a diplomat. His people arranged a courtesy call with Taiwan. He suggested that Taiwan was a nation. He criticized China publicly.

He's doing everything you said he shouldn't do.

"Did China ask us if it was OK to devalue their currency (making it hard for our companies to compete), heavily tax our products going into their country (the US doesn't tax them) or to build a massive military complex in the middle of the South China Sea? I don't think so!," -- The Donald
Are you saying that a sovereign nation doesn't have the right to devalue its currency?

China imposes tariffs on th EU and many other areas.

Many countries have a military.

The Xl
12-05-2016, 04:06 PM
Liberals have no issue pushing the envelope with Russia, but bend over backwards China. Illogical, incoherent.

TimeLord962
12-05-2016, 04:31 PM
Are you saying that a sovereign nation doesn't have the right to devalue its currency?

China imposes tariffs on th EU and many other areas.

Many countries have a military.

The point went way over your head, the US doesn't need China's permission to talk to Taiwan, they can go screw. And what you call improved relations anyone with eyes sees as China bending the US over a barrel.

decedent
12-05-2016, 07:21 PM
The point went way over your head, the US doesn't need China's permission to talk to Taiwan, they can go screw. And what you call improved relations anyone with eyes sees as China bending the US over a barrel.
Wow. Trump really did a number on you. But since everyone can do international relations, I'm sure you wont mind if China decides that Puerto Rico a sovereign.

Trump just needs to butt out of Asian affairs. He has no authority to declare any place sovereign.

Subdermal
12-05-2016, 07:31 PM
Wow. Trump really did a number on you. But since everyone can do international relations, I'm sure you wont mind if China decides that Puerto Rico a sovereign.

:facepalm:

It's about what Puerto Rico wants, brain stem. Have you considered that Taiwan and Puerto Rico aren't analogous. At all?

:dang::killme:

Trump just needs to butt out of Asian affairs. He has no authority to declare any place sovereign.

WTF. They've declared themselves sovereign.

Bethere
12-05-2016, 08:08 PM
*Breaking*

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DRDrfE9I8_hs&ved=0ahUKEwj_4sjyr97QAhXhJsAKHaSHDlIQ3ywIGzAA&usg=AFQjCNHtLLrarPD12tejquUmIa06YIpsYw

exploited
12-05-2016, 08:10 PM
Liberals have no issue pushing the envelope with Russia, but bend over backwards China. Illogical, incoherent.
That doesn't make a whole lot of sense. While I happen to think that acknowledging the country of Taiwan is a sensible and moral thing to do, the idea that China and Russia are even in the same ballpark is simply untrue. Russia is much, much worse when it comes to foreign policy.

decedent
12-05-2016, 08:21 PM

It's about what Puerto Rico wants, brain stem. Have you considered that Taiwan and Puerto aren't analogous. At all?

:dang::killme:

WTF. They've declared themselves sovereign.
Cigar was right: all insults, no facts.

Get back to me when you stop name-calling... and maybe present a fact or two.

Cigar
12-05-2016, 08:25 PM
@Cigar (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=294) was right: all insults, no facts.

Before you know it, they will call you every name in the book and you'll get thread banned for not putting up with it.

Subdermal
12-05-2016, 08:39 PM
@Cigar (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=294) was right: all insults, no facts.

You could not find a lie in Hillary's statements when people posted video of Hillary lying. Who, therefore, would ever be shocked to see you ignore factual rebuttals of your asinine post?

decedent
12-05-2016, 08:41 PM
Before you know it, they will call you every name in the book and you'll get thread banned for not putting up with it.

As evil liberals, we have to take our daily beating.

You could not find a lie in Hillary's statements when people posted video of Hillary lying. Who, therefore, would ever be shocked to see you ignore factual rebuttals of your asinine post?

You posted no facts. Sorry.

Subdermal
12-05-2016, 09:12 PM

Puerto Rico is a commonwealth of the US, and isn't analogous to Taiwan, whose leadership wants independence.

Taiwan declared the wish to be independent THEMSELVES.

These aren't facts to you?

Subdermal
12-05-2016, 09:14 PM

It would help if you would actually post intelligent arguments with substance, and defend them instead of running away by making completely unrelated statements.

If you are called names, it because you have no interest in doing the above, and choose to troll instead.

Captain Obvious
12-05-2016, 09:17 PM

I wouldn't say "evil".

Misguided... better term.

donttread
12-06-2016, 06:27 AM

China does not need our permission to do those things , much like we don't need theirs to tariff their goods or speak to Taiwan. We grow their food. They have foolishly become dependednt upon a quasi enemy for a necessary daily staple. Now who would be dumb enough to do something like that?

Ransom
12-06-2016, 07:22 AM
China does not need our permission to do those things , much like we don't need theirs to tariff their goods or speak to Taiwan. We grow their food. They have foolishly become dependednt upon a quasi enemy for a necessary daily staple. Now who would be dumb enough to do something like that?
http://www.americanmanufacturing.org/blog/entry/the-u.s.-imports-a-lot-of-food-from-china-and-you-might-be-surprised-whats
Another read last and comment first from donttread who seems to wing it regardless the topic.

donttread
12-06-2016, 07:36 AM
http://www.americanmanufacturing.org/blog/entry/the-u.s.-imports-a-lot-of-food-from-china-and-you-might-be-surprised-whats
Another read last and comment first from donttread who seems to wing it regardless the topic.

We export staple needs to them far more inportant than vitamin "C" capsules. About five times the amount we import from them in a dollar comparison. Wow, a weapon of isolationism . No wonder you don't want to acknowledge it. Being a bread basket is more powerful than holding debt or an Army, if you also produce your own damn needs. Let me know when you get your foot out of your mouth, Mr. "read first" LOL

exotix
12-06-2016, 08:07 AM
Just In

Bob Dole apparently arranged call between Trump and President of Taiwan

decedent
12-06-2016, 02:11 PM
Puerto Rico is a commonwealth of the US, and isn't analogous to Taiwan, whose leadership wants independence.

Taiwan declared the wish to be independent THEMSELVES.

These aren't facts to you?

I'm saying that if China isn't meddling in the US's domestic affairs, maybe the US shouldn't meddle in China's domestic affairs.

I used an analogy because you didn't seem to get it. You still don't.

decedent
12-06-2016, 02:12 PM
Just In

Bob Dole apparently arranged call between Trump and President of Taiwan

Trump made it seem like Taiwan called him out of the blue to congratulate him.

Jinkies.

pjohns
12-06-2016, 02:33 PM
*Breaking*

Yes, Donald Trump did, indeed, "breach...protocol" in his speaking with the Taiwanese leader.

But Barack Obama also breached US protocol in his embrace of Raul Castro and the authoritarian government of Cuba.

One has to wonder just why it is shocking--utterly shocking!--for the president-elect to breach protocol by taking a phone call from an ally, congratulating him on his win; yet perfectly okay for our sitting president to breach protocol as regarding an enemy just 90 miles off our shore.

Note: My only reservation, in this regard, is that Mr. Trump did not fully embrace what he did, and state--candidly--that this was intended to signal a shift in US-China policy; and an end to the "One-China Policy" (started by Jimmy Carter in 1979--even though Richard Nixon also deserves some of the blame, for opening up to China earlier).

patrickt
12-06-2016, 03:34 PM
Exotix, what's the "protocol" that was broken? Or, is this another imaginary whine from the left?