PDA

View Full Version : Warning: Trump: There Is No Global Flag, No Global Currency, No Global Citizenship.

Common
12-03-2016, 07:50 PM
It invokes hope that our country will begin again to care for itself and its citizens. Hopefully to lift them up and have more prosper and not want.
America has not been put first in 8 full years. That is about to change in a big way.
This is why I voted for trump and the more I see and hear the happier I am that I did.

At Donald Trump's first post-victory "Thank You" rally in Cincinnati, Ohio, the president-elect outlined his "America First" policy. He said that attempts to "separate us by race, by age, by income, by place of birth, and by geography" were over.

He said: "Now is the time to embrace the one thing that truly unites us. You know what that is? America."

He continued: "We hear a lot of talk about how we are becoming a 'globalized world.' But the relationships that people value in this country are local."

"There is no global anthem. No global currency. No certificate of global citizenship. We pledge allegiance to one flag and that flag is the American flag," he continued. "From now on it is going to be: America First... Never anyone again will any other interests come before the interest of the American people. It is not going to happen again."

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2016/12/01/trump_there_is_no_global_flag_no_global_currency_n o_global_citizenship_we_are_united_as_americans.ht ml

exotix
12-03-2016, 08:00 PM
Where have I heard this before ... oh yeah ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rc7i0wCFf8g

Captain Obvious
12-03-2016, 08:02 PM
Rejection of globalism is a global movement (pun intended). I suspect that it's not going to be a flavor-of-the-day thing.

Peter1469
12-03-2016, 08:04 PM
Brexit, Trumpslide. Next up Italy, France, and German elections.

Peter1469
12-03-2016, 08:05 PM
It isn't going to be a total rejection.

Rejection of globalism is a global movement (pun intended). I suspect that it's not going to be a flavor-of-the-day thing.

exotix
12-03-2016, 08:05 PM
Rejection of globalism is a global movement (pun intended). I suspect that it's not going to be a flavor-of-the-day thing.Just notice how the wingers have touted Carrier to be a big Trump success ... LOL

Captain Obvious
12-03-2016, 08:06 PM
It isn't going to be a total rejection.

How so?

Peter1469
12-03-2016, 08:07 PM
Just notice how the wingers have touted Carrier to be a big Trump success ... LOL
What is a winger? Someone who doesn't vote for the democratic party?

Common
12-03-2016, 08:08 PM
Short for right winger, lame but its exotix

Captain Obvious
12-03-2016, 08:10 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlN3oEjMpUQ

Peter1469
12-03-2016, 08:11 PM
How so?
We will still trade with others. We just are going to protect our borders and culture.

Captain Obvious
12-03-2016, 08:12 PM
We will still trade with others. We just are going to protect our borders and culture.

Agreed.

So is there a distinction between social globalism and economic globalism?

Peter1469
12-03-2016, 08:29 PM
Agreed.

So is there a distinction between social globalism and economic globalism?

Yes.

The issue that people have with globalism was the move to destroy cultures and borders. Trade was not an issue so long as it was fair.

MisterVeritis
12-03-2016, 08:40 PM
Just notice how the wingers have touted Carrier to be a big Trump success ... LOL
Think of it as first aid. Step one: stop the bleeding.

I wish you would not try so hard to be wrong all the time. I see glimmers of real brilliance. But only sometimes. You could be far more if you stopped trying to be wrong all the time.

exotix
12-03-2016, 08:58 PM
Think of it as first aid. Step one: stop the bleeding.

I wish you would not try so hard to be wrong all the time. I see glimmers of real brilliance. But only sometimes. You could be far more if you stopped trying to be wrong all the time.

Trump Claims Victory at Carrier as Manufacturing Still Bleeds

http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2016-12-01/trump-claims-victory-at-carrier-as-manufacturing-still-bleeds

Carrier workers cost about $30 an hour with salary and benefits compared to about $3 a worker in Mexico.

Carrier agreed to keep about 1,100 jobs in Indianapolis while moving about 1,300 positions to Mexico in exchange for $7 million in tax and other incentives from the state.

The deal is a clear political victory for Trump, who can claim to have accomplished a major campaign promise more than a month before he even enters office.

During his run, he repeatedly railed against Carrier for its plan to move the Indianapolis gas-furnace factory to Mexico.

But union workers and economists say that pressuring individual factory owners won’t save U.S. manufacturing jobs lost to economic forces beyond the control of companies or the president.

Captain Obvious
12-03-2016, 09:02 PM

http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2016-12-01/trump-claims-victory-at-carrier-as-manufacturing-still-bleeds

Carrier workers cost about $30 an hour with salary and benefits compared to about $3 a worker in Mexico.

Carrier agreed to keep about 1,100 jobs in Indianapolis while moving about 1,300 positions to Mexico in exchange for $7 million in tax and other incentives from the state.

The deal is a clear political victory for Trump, who can claim to have accomplished a major campaign promise more than a month before he even enters office.

During his run, he repeatedly railed against Carrier for its plan to move the Indianapolis gas-furnace factory to Mexico.

But union workers and economists say that pressuring individual factory owners won’t save U.S. manufacturing jobs lost to economic forces beyond the control of companies or the president.

http://i.imgur.com/yp3tc.gif

Peter1469
12-03-2016, 09:03 PM
The article states that it was a victory for Trump.

exotix
12-03-2016, 09:09 PM
The article states that it was a victory for Trump.No sweat, the only thing I can think of is patriotism that comes into play when you would rather pay $30.00 an hour to an American rather than $3 an hour to a Mexican.

... and they're not even illegals ... LOL

Peter1469
12-03-2016, 09:13 PM
No sweat, the only thing I can think of is patriotism that comes into play when you would rather pay $30.00 an hour to an American rather than $3 an hour to a Mexican.

... and they're not even illegals ... LOL

A robust middle class in the US makes America stronger.

MisterVeritis
12-03-2016, 09:15 PM

Thanks. I agree it was a Trump win. He completely changed the news. It is a temporary band-aid until tax reform and regulatory rollback can get started.

exotix
12-03-2016, 09:15 PM
A robust middle class in the US makes America stronger.No sweat, get rid of the Unions ... that way companies can match American wages to Mexican ones.

Peter1469
12-03-2016, 09:19 PM
No sweat, get rid of the Unions ... that way companies can match American wages to Mexican ones.

Think then post.

Captain Obvious
12-03-2016, 09:21 PM
No sweat, get rid of the Unions ... that way companies can match American wages to Mexican ones.

A society cannot consume more than they produce.

I know you have no idea what this means but it's basic economics.

Captain Obvious
12-03-2016, 09:22 PM
Think then post.

Not possible.

Eddie doesn't even read the articles before he posts them, he just glances at the tagline and runs with it.

exotix
12-03-2016, 09:24 PM
A society cannot consume more than they produce.

I know you have no idea what this means but it's basic economics.Is that like the state *incentivizing* a company ? That used to be called *subsidizing*

Typically a prez doesn't call that a Victory ... LOL

Captain Obvious
12-03-2016, 09:26 PM
Is that like the state *incentivizing* a company ? That used to be called *subsidizing*

It still is.

Paying higher-than-market union wages eats into that subsidization.

Peter1469
12-03-2016, 09:27 PM
Is that like the state *incentivizing* a company ? That used to be called *subsidizing*
It sounds as if you believe money belongs to the government and what you get to keep for yourself is a gift.

You have it backwards. People who earn money own that money. What the state takes is a tax.

Captain Obvious
12-03-2016, 09:33 PM
The Carrier deal was a short-term bandaid. In the long run Trump needs to not create jobs with subsidization, that's an O'bama snake oil move. He needs to loosen the fed's death grip on the market so that the market can thrive and create jobs.

Busting unions would go a long way.

exotix
12-03-2016, 09:34 PM
It still is.

Paying higher-than-market union wages eats into that subsidization.Is that right ? I remember when Bush waved his *magic wand* ... LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EVeWllgt_I

Captain Obvious
12-03-2016, 09:35 PM
Is that right ? I remember when Bush waved his *magic wand* ... LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EVeWllgt_I

That's nice sweetheart

exotix
12-03-2016, 09:43 PM
It sounds as if you believe money belongs to the government and what you get to keep for yourself is a gift.

You have it backwards. People who earn money own that money. What the state takes is a tax.I wonder how we can give North Korea 240 metric tons of food every year.

Captain Obvious
12-03-2016, 09:45 PM
I wonder how we can give North Korea 240 metric tons of food every year.

I wonder how your brain generates enough wattage to allow you to breathe.

exotix
12-03-2016, 09:49 PM
I wonder how your brain generates enough wattage to allow you to breathe.I'll bet you didn't know that weed is legal in North Korea ... LOL

TimeLord962
12-03-2016, 10:06 PM

A tax incentive has never in the history of econimics been called a subsidy because they are two completely different things.

exotix
12-03-2016, 10:10 PM
A tax incentive has never in the history of econimics been called a subsidy because they are two completely different things.Ahhhh ... then what do you call the $7 Million Carrier just got ?

TimeLord962
12-03-2016, 10:28 PM
Ahhhh ... then what do you call the $7 Million Carrier just got ?

They didn't get anything they had less taken away.

exotix
12-03-2016, 10:30 PM
They didn't get anything they had less taken away.Yes ? Sounds like a new economic condition ... explain please.

Chris
12-03-2016, 11:17 PM
exotix

Stop trolling.

TimeLord962
12-04-2016, 05:56 AM
Yes ? Sounds like a new economic condition ... explain please.

Explain what? The difference between a subsidy and a tax cut? I already have, multiple times.

exotix
12-04-2016, 07:06 AM
Explain what? The difference between a subsidy and a tax cut? I already have, multiple times.So what you're saying is, the $7 Million Carrier got is in the form of a tax cut .... not a subsidy ... is this what you're saying ?

donttread
12-04-2016, 10:07 AM
It invokes hope that our country will begin again to care for itself and its citizens. Hopefully to lift them up and have more prosper and not want.
America has not been put first in 8 full years. That is about to change in a big way.
This is why I voted for trump and the more I see and hear the happier I am that I did.

At Donald Trump's first post-victory "Thank You" rally in Cincinnati, Ohio, the president-elect outlined his "America First" policy. He said that attempts to "separate us by race, by age, by income, by place of birth, and by geography" were over.

He said: "Now is the time to embrace the one thing that truly unites us. You know what that is? America."

He continued: "We hear a lot of talk about how we are becoming a 'globalized world.' But the relationships that people value in this country are local."

"There is no global anthem. No global currency. No certificate of global citizenship. We pledge allegiance to one flag and that flag is the American flag," he continued. "From now on it is going to be: America First... Never anyone again will any other interests come before the interest of the American people. It is not going to happen again."

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2016/12/01/trump_there_is_no_global_flag_no_global_currency_n o_global_citizenship_we_are_united_as_americans.ht ml

Great start! Now for some State's Rights conversation.