PDA

View Full Version : US Security problem? What Security problem?

Deadwood
10-17-2012, 10:53 PM
It appears the people contracted to keep safe American interests overseas have a drug and alcohol problem.

ABC News has released videos of shit faced security personnel that are disturbing at the least, frightening in the extreme...

Cellphone video recorded earlier this year at an operations center of a U.S. defense contractor in Kabul, Afghanistan appears to show key personnel staggeringly drunk or high on narcotics, in what former employees say was a pattern of outrageous behavior that put American lives at risk and went undetected by U.S. military officials who are supposed to oversee such contractors.
The video, provided to ABC News by two former employees, is scheduled to be broadcast in a report this evening on "ABC World News with Diane Sawyer" and "Nightline."

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/video-shows-drunk-stoned-us-security-contractors/story?id=17493189#.UH91F4b66Ul

shaarona
10-18-2012, 05:46 AM
It appears the people contracted to keep safe American interests overseas have a drug and alcohol problem.

ABC News has released videos of shit faced security personnel that are disturbing at the least, frightening in the extreme...

Questions posed by ABC News to the Pentagon have sparked a criminal investigation by the U.S. Army, a spokesman says..
The contractor, Virginia-based Jorge Scientific, has won almost $1 billion in U.S. government contracts.

The company says it has taken "decisive action to correct the unacceptable behavior of a limited number of employees" and that several of them seen on the video are no longer employed by Jorge Scientific.

Get rid of Jorge Scientific.......

shaarona
10-18-2012, 05:52 AM
http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/armorgroup-kabul-contractor-group-settles-75-fine/story?id=14020453

They have been fined 7 million $$.. Now, fired the company.

shaarona
10-18-2012, 06:09 AM
Oh I screwed that up.. This is another security company called Armour Group. Same problems of lewd hazing, drugs and alcohol.. deviancy.

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/armorgroup-kabul-contractor-group-settles-75-fine/story?id=14020453

hanger4
10-18-2012, 06:27 AM
Questions posed by ABC News to the Pentagon have sparked a criminal investigation by the U.S. Army, a spokesman says..
The contractor, Virginia-based Jorge Scientific, has won almost $1 billion in U.S. government contracts.

The company says it has taken "decisive action to correct the unacceptable behavior of a limited number of employees" and that several of them seen on the video are no longer employed by Jorge Scientific.

By your standards, "Get rid of the Secret Service".

Do you think through what you post ?? or just fire off from the hip ??

shaarona
10-18-2012, 06:30 AM
By your standards, "Get rid of the Secret Service".

Do you think through what you post ?? or just fire off from the hip ??

Watch the videos.......

hanger4
10-18-2012, 06:40 AM
Watch the videos.......

I don't have to watch the videos to know men and women do stupid shit.

Why blame the whole for the acts of a few ??

I read the other day a police officer was high on duty, pulled over a women and and was lewd and lascivious toward her all caught on video, by your standards , fire the police department.

Thats stupid shaarona.

shaarona
10-18-2012, 06:45 AM
I don't have to watch the videos to know men and women do stupid shit.

Why blame the whole for the acts of a few ??

I read the other day a police officer was high on duty, pulled over a women and and was lewd and lascivious toward her all caught on video, by your standards , fire the police department.

Thats stupid shaarona.

The companies get billions from the US government.. and they have a zero tolerance for drugs and alcohol... AmourGroup has been fired. Jorge Scientific has been fined 7 million $$..

The problem is too serious and too widespread for them to guard the embassies and consulates.

hanger4
10-18-2012, 07:47 AM
The companies get billions from the US government.. and they have a zero tolerance for drugs and alcohol... AmourGroup has been fired. Jorge Scientific has been fined 7 million $$..

The problem is too serious and too widespread for them to guard the embassies and consulates.

If it's a company wide problem, top to bottom, fine, fire them.

Now show the company wide problem ??

shaarona
10-18-2012, 07:50 AM
If it's a company wide problem, top to bottom, fine, fire them.

Now show the company wide problem ??

I have posted links to TWO companies... with videos.

You know there are nearly 100,000 contractors in Afghanistan. Their job is security and training Afghanis.. If they are shooting up, how effective can they be?

hanger4
10-18-2012, 07:59 AM
I have posted links to TWO companies... with videos.

You know there are nearly 100,000 contractors in Afghanistan. Their job is security and training Afghanis.. If they are shooting up, how effective can they be?

We've (you) have gone full circle.

You really want to claim nearly 100,000 security personnel in Afghanistan are shooting up ??

Even I don't believe you believe that, you're condemning the whole for the acts of a few.

shaarona
10-18-2012, 08:05 AM
We've (you) have gone full circle.

You really want to claim nearly 100,000 security personnel in Afghanistan are shooting up ??

Even I don't believe you believe that, you're condemning the whole for the acts of a few.

I didn't say 100,000 were shooting up.. but the leadership in-country are shooting up, demanding sex from other men for promotions or choice duty.

When security is drunk or doped up on duty they can't do their jobs.

hanger4
10-18-2012, 08:18 AM
I didn't say 100,000 were shooting up.. but the leadership in-country are shooting up, demanding sex from other men for promotions or choice duty.

Then you might want to take an online writing comprehension course. that is exactly what you said;

"You know there are nearly 100,000 contractors in Afghanistan. Their job is security and training Afghanis.. If they are shooting up, how effective can they be?"

demanding sex from other men for promotions or choice duty.

Don't get me wrong shaarona I'm all for firing the guilty and busting them on drug charges if possible, but What part of condemning the whole for the acts of a few don't you understand ??

shaarona
10-18-2012, 08:22 AM
Then you might want to take an online writing comprehension course. that is exactly what you said;

"You know there are nearly 100,000 contractors in Afghanistan. Their job is security and training Afghanis.. If they are shooting up, how effective can they be?"

Don't get me wrong shaarona I'm all for firing the guilty and busting them on drug charges if possible, but What part of condemning the whole for the acts of a few don't you understand ??

It means the company tolerates this behavior. Who do you hold accountable?

hanger4
10-18-2012, 08:41 AM
It means the company tolerates this behavior. Who do you hold accountable?

ArmorGroup !!

ArmorGroup was fired as were the perps.

You said "

From the link;

Jorge Scientific has taken "decisive action to correct the unacceptable behavior of a limited number of employees".

What part of condemning the whole for the acts of a few don't you understand ??

shaarona
10-18-2012, 08:46 AM
ArmorGroup !!

The parent company Wackenhut has also been in the limelight for fraud and abuse.

ArmorGroup was fired as were the perps.

You said "

From the link;

What part of condemning the whole for the acts of a few don't you understand ??

hanger4
10-18-2012, 09:02 AM
Whaaaa ??

shaarona
10-18-2012, 09:07 AM
Whaaaa ??

The Costs of Outsourcing War People working for private military and security companies (PMSCs) have been accused of engaging in a number of human rights violations including the abuse and torture of detainees, shootings and killings of innocent civilians, destruction of property, sexual harassment and rape, human trafficking in the recruitment of third-country nationals, weapons proliferation, and participation in renditions. Amnesty International USA strives to ensure that PMSCs complicit in human rights violations are brought to justice and seeks to put adequate regulations and laws in place to improve oversight and accountability of the industry.

Through legislative actions, corporate engagement, dialogue, direct actions, and participation in multi-stakeholder initiatives and coalitions, Amnesty works to ensure that PMSCs adhere to international human rights and humanitarian law in all of their operations around the world.

continued.

http://www.amnestyusa.org/our-work/issues/business-and-human-rights/private-military-and-security-companies

hanger4
10-18-2012, 09:10 AM
The Costs of Outsourcing War People working for private military and security companies (PMSCs) have been accused of engaging in a number of human rights violations including the abuse and torture of detainees, shootings and killings of innocent civilians, destruction of property, sexual harassment and rape, human trafficking in the recruitment of third-country nationals, weapons proliferation, and participation in renditions. Amnesty International USA strives to ensure that PMSCs complicit in human rights violations are brought to justice and seeks to put adequate regulations and laws in place to improve oversight and accountability of the industry.

Through legislative actions, corporate engagement, dialogue, direct actions, and participation in multi-stakeholder initiatives and coalitions, Amnesty works to ensure that PMSCs adhere to international human rights and humanitarian law in all of their operations around the world.

continued.

http://www.amnestyusa.org/our-work/issues/business-and-human-rights/private-military-and-security-companies

WTF.

OK lets fire them all for wrongs and perceived wrongs.

NOW WHAT ??

shaarona
10-18-2012, 09:17 AM
WTF.

OK lets fire them all for wrongs and perceived wrongs.

NOW WHAT ??

You could put the perps in prison..

Titan and CACI have also been accused in 250 incidents of abuse.

hanger4
10-18-2012, 09:59 AM
You could put the perps in prison..

Titan and CACI have also been accused in 250 incidents of abuse.

I've already said that.

So, now we've eliminated all the private security worldwide, are you going to whine and complain about a major increase in defense spending ??

Now that you defend eliminating the whole for the actions of a few when do you call for Holder's resignation, Clinton's resignation, and why/how can you vote for Obama ??

shaarona
10-18-2012, 10:19 AM
I've already said that.

So, now we've eliminated all the private security worldwide, are you going to whine and complain about a major increase in defense spending ??

Now that you defend eliminating the whole for the actions of a few when do you call for Holder's resignation, Clinton's resignation, and why/how can you vote for Obama ??

Precion drone strikes are better than troops on the ground..

Fast and Furious was a bad idea.

You may be focused on the Benghazi attack as the most important event in the past 4 years. Its not.. its part of a larger problem that we are dealing with.

Instead of whining about screw up, recognize the difficulty in accurate intel in Eastern Libya. Heck they have a law.. NO foreign security companies.

IGetItAlready
10-18-2012, 10:29 AM

Fast and Furious was a bad idea.

You may be focused on the Benghazi attack as the most important event in the past 4 years. Its not.. its part of a larger problem that we are dealing with.

Instead of whining about screw up, recognize the difficulty in accurate intel in Eastern Libya. Heck they have a law.. NO foreign security companies.

When Obama screws the pooch it's classified as a minor "screw up" while the same "screw up" under a conservative administration would be considered criminal. pfft

CNN had people on the ground weeks before the administration could manage to do so and found "intel" penned by the very hand of the murdered ambassador stating that security was abysmal. We beefed up security for the 911 anniversary in nations in which our embassies and interests have NEVER been attacked but failed to do so in a North African shit hole in which we had sustained TWO attacks prior and in which our people on the ground were warning of increased threats?
"Screw up"?
Really?

bladimz
10-18-2012, 10:29 AM
Eliminating a security company is not the answer; replacing the security company with another, more reputable one, is. Maybe Jorge will clean up their act.

shaarona
10-18-2012, 10:33 AM
When Obama screws the pooch it's classified as a minor "screw up" while the same "screw up" under a conservative administration would be considered criminal. pfft

CNN had people on the ground weeks before the administration could manage to do so and found "intel" penned by the very hand of the murdered ambassador stating that security was abysmal. We beefed up security for the 911 anniversary in nations in which our embassies and interests have NEVER been attacked but failed to do so in a North African shit hole in which we had sustained TWO attacks prior and in which our people on the ground were warning of increased threats?
"Screw up"?
Really?

Increased warnings from rival tribal militias?

shaarona
10-18-2012, 10:34 AM
Eliminating a security company is not the answer; replacing the security company with another, more reputable one, is. Maybe Jorge will clean up their act.

Well, I sure hope so.. You can't train Arab troops or provide security if you act like barbarians.

IGetItAlready
10-18-2012, 10:43 AM
Increased warnings from rival tribal militias?

I'm now fully convinced that the reading comprehension issues some of you suffer under are entirely elective.
Read the post again if you're interested in getting it which I'm sure you're not and post a response to what you've read if you're able.
Seriously, precious few of us are so stupid as to have our point derailed by nonsense.
You're so totally wasting your time.

shaarona
10-18-2012, 10:48 AM
I'm now fully convinced that the reading comprehension issues some of you suffer under are entirely elective.
Read the post again if you're interested in getting it which I'm sure you're not and post a response to what you've read if you're able.
Seriously, precious few of us are so stupid as to have our point derailed by nonsense.
You're so totally wasting your time.

Nope I just remember Libya and the phony broadcasts being bounced as if they were Libyan.

You have a very perfectionist view of the situation.

IGetItAlready
10-18-2012, 10:52 AM
Nope I just remember Libya and the phony broadcasts being bounced as if they were Libyan.

You have a very perfectionist view of the situation.

And your attempts to dodge straight forward questions by changing the subject are the definition of "transparent".

shaarona
10-18-2012, 10:59 AM
And your attempts to dodge straight forward questions by changing the subject are the definition of "transparent".

If you had any experience with embassies or consulates, you would know they are off limits for attacks... and if you knew anything about Libya, you'd know how difficult intel has always been.

coolwalker
10-18-2012, 11:02 AM
I have a different take on this...war is hell, it plays on the minds of those directly involved. Death looms over your head and your imagination runs wild. Sometimes people get caught up in this and find solace in drugs and booze. Is it right? Not really. Is it wrong? Again not exactly, but until you yourself has had rounds flying by your ear, you really have nothing to say about this. Now, is it right to do this on duty? No it is not, but don't condemn someone for wanting to ignore the reality of the situation until you have been there. They probably need a little help getting their heads straight, not to be stoned (like in the Bible, not with pot).

IGetItAlready
10-18-2012, 11:10 AM
If you had any experience with embassies or consulates, you would know they are off limits for attacks... and if you knew anything about Libya, you'd know how difficult intel has always been.

And if you gave a shit about being honest as opposed to pushing your ridiculous agenda you'd stop dodging already.
In fact, I'm going to attach the post you're so clearly scared of to this one just to keep you busy. You're welcome. :wink20:

RESPONSE TO SHAARONA'S CLAIM THAT OBAMA "SCREWED UP":

"Screw up"?
Really?

shaarona
10-18-2012, 11:12 AM
And if you gave a shit about being honest as opposed to pushing your ridiculous agenda you'd stop dodging already.
In fact, I'm going to attach the post you're so clearly scared of to this one just to keep you busy. You're welcome. :wink20:

"Screw up"?
Really?

I didn't say minor screw up.. Don't be pathetic.

IGetItAlready
10-18-2012, 11:14 AM
I didn't say minor screw up.. Don't be pathetic.

That's why the word "minor" wasn't included within my quotes.
Goddamn you're scared to death of dealing with the simple straight forward facts aren't you!!!
:roflmao:

"Screw up"?
Really?

shaarona
10-18-2012, 11:15 AM
That's why the word "minor" wasn't included within my quotes.
Goddamn you're scared to death of dealing with the simple straight forward facts aren't you!!!
:roflmao:

"Screw up"?
Really?

Yeah you did.. Read your post.

IGetItAlready
10-18-2012, 11:18 AM
Yeah you did.. Read your post.

Now you're simply making a fool of yourself. You should simply leave this thread alone and mark this one down in the loss column if you have room. :D

"Screw up"?
Really?

coolwalker
10-18-2012, 11:22 AM
shaarona is an authority on everything...in her own mind.

shaarona
10-18-2012, 11:22 AM

"Screw up"?
Really?

Can you read?

IGetItAlready
10-18-2012, 11:27 AM
Can you read?

OMMFGALREADY!!!

Now I'm sure TruthMatters has hacked your account as I'm sure even the real Shaarona isn't this ridiculously STUPID!!! The word "minor" is NOT IN THE GD QUOTES DUMBASS!!! Stupid much???
And then YOU want to hit ME with " Don't be pathetic"?!!!

And again with that which you're so intent on running from...

"Screw up"?
Really?

shaarona
10-18-2012, 11:29 AM
Now you're simply making a fool of yourself. You should simply leave this thread alone and mark this one down in the loss column if you have room. :D

Now you are speaking for all US citizens as if they are too stupid to differentiate..

IGetItAlready
10-18-2012, 11:31 AM
shaarona is an authority on everything...in her own mind.

That is the ONLY place in which this ridiculously intellectually bankrupt exchange means ANYTHING.
Seriously, I've seen stupid before but I'm utterly astounded with this nonsense.
She's clearly scared to death someone will read my question to her so she's good with looking like an utter fool to cover over the question.
Unfuckingbelievable!!!

And here you go again Shaarona you intellectual titan you.

"Screw up"?
Really?

shaarona
10-18-2012, 11:41 AM
That is the ONLY place in which this ridiculously intellectually bankrupt exchange means ANYTHING.
Seriously, I've seen stupid before but I'm utterly astounded with this nonsense.
She's clearly scared to death someone will read my question to her so she's good with looking like an utter fool to cover over the question.
Unfuckingbelievable!!!

And here you go again Shaarona you intellectual titan you.

"Screw up"?
Really?

"scared to death".. don't flatter yourself..

Anyone who knows the ME knows how unreliable the intel is.

IGetItAlready
10-18-2012, 11:46 AM
"scared to death".. don't flatter yourself..

Anyone who knows the ME knows how unreliable the intel is.

That same old trite bullshit almost used to mean something to me when you would incessantly espouse it. But having just had the most ridiculously stupid exchange in interweb history with you, I don't know how you can imply you know ANYTHING. Sorry but it's clear the only area in which you're an expert is in regard to your willingness to make an utter fool of yourself in an attempt to dodge a SIMPLE question. Congratulations. :thumbsup:

"Screw up"?
Really?

bladimz
10-18-2012, 11:51 AM
When Obama screws the pooch it's classified as a minor "screw up" while the same "screw up" under a conservative administration would be considered criminal. pfftWhy would you call it a minor screw up?

IGetItAlready
10-18-2012, 11:54 AM
Why would you call it a minor screw up?

I wouldn't.
Care to address the issue or did Shaarona just ask you to help add a few pages of bullshit to the thread in order to bail her out?

"Screw up"?
Really?

bladimz
10-18-2012, 12:09 PM
I have a different take on this...war is hell, it plays on the minds of those directly involved. Death looms over your head and your imagination runs wild. Sometimes people get caught up in this and find solace in drugs and booze. Is it right? Not really. Is it wrong? Again not exactly, but until you yourself has had rounds flying by your ear, you really have nothing to say about this. Now, is it right to do this on duty? No it is not, but don't condemn someone for wanting to ignore the reality of the situation until you have been there. They probably need a little help getting their heads straight, not to be stoned (like in the Bible, not with pot).No one, at least not I, is denying the effects that battle has on people and that many might need something to help them sleep at night, etc. But if a person or persons hired by a security company such as Jorge are found unfit and even a potential threat, the company, unfortunately, must take the responsibility for their employees' actions. That being the case, the government has the fair and just right to make the decision to replace Jorge with another similar security company. I'm sure that Jorge Scientific is incredibly ticked at the whole situation. It's shown their name in a bad light, and they know that no matter what they say or do or promise, they will very possibly be replaced. This will force them to revise their hiring methods for future efforts, which is how a company evolves.

coolwalker
10-18-2012, 12:09 PM
IGetItAlready (http://thepoliticalforums.com/members/477-IGetItAlready) ... you're wasting your time now, they are trying to "play you". We get it, they get it but the difference is they can't admit it.

coolwalker
10-18-2012, 12:11 PM
No one, at least not I, is denying the effects that battle has on people and that many might need something to help them sleep at night, etc. But if a person or persons hired by a security company such as Jorge are found unfit and even a potential threat, the company, unfortunately, must take the responsibility for their employees' actions. That being the case, the government has the fair and just right to make the decision to replace Jorge with another similar security company. I'm sure that Jorge Scientific is incredibly ticked at the whole situation. It's shown their name in a bad light, and they know that no matter what they say or do or promise, they will very possibly be replaced. This will force them to revise their hiring methods for future efforts.

My First Shirt use to give us Thai Sticks to take with us on patrol. Say what you will, it is right and wrong...right because they are human, wrong because many times it endangers others.

bladimz
10-18-2012, 12:13 PM
I wouldn't.
Care to address the issue or did Shaarona just ask you to help add a few pages of bullshit to the thread in order to bail her out?Yeah. That's it. Sharoona and i are ganging up on you.

Whattsa matter? Too much for you?

bladimz
10-18-2012, 12:21 PM
My First Shirt use to give us Thai Sticks to take with us on patrol. Say what you will, it is right and wrong...right because they are human, wrong because many times it endangers others.
Now thai sticks makes good sense, considering you're a soldier in the service of the USA. And keeping you as calm as possible is in everyone's best interest. The difference as i see it, is that when any soldier becomes a threat to himself or others, he can be booted out. And there's not really any way the US Army can be replaced by the government because of the actions of some of it's soldiers. A private contractor, however, can and should expect to be. That's the risk any company takes regarding their employees.

coolwalker
10-18-2012, 12:25 PM
Now thai sticks makes good sense, considering you're a soldier in the service of the USA. And keeping you as calm as possible is in everyone's best interest. The difference as i see it, is that when any soldier becomes a threat to himself or others, he can be booted out. And there's not really any way the US Army can be replaced by the government because of the actions of some of it's soldiers. A private contractor, however, can and should expect to be. That's the risk any company takes regarding their employees.

No disagreement there, only that morals have no place in the conversation for people who haven't been under that kind of pressure. That's all. See, we actually agree, just different semantics.

hanger4
10-18-2012, 05:18 PM
Now you're simply making a fool of yourself. You should simply leave this thread alone and mark this one down in the loss column if you have room.

I know we can make a BINDER for her.

Frustrating running around in circles with her ain't it ??

hanger4
10-18-2012, 05:23 PM

The Air Force can do it without boots on the ground, regardless of what the Air Force tells you.

And I ain't slightin' the AF, My son inlaw is an LT in that fine service.