PDA

View Full Version : tPF Clinton voters encouraged to refuse taxation

Tahuyaman
12-08-2016, 04:07 PM
I thought liberals were the ones who are always claiming that paying more in taxes is the moral position to take? What happened? What current event could have changed their mind on this one?

Does this suggest that they think 65 million people should get a free ride because they are disappointed in the outcome of an election?

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/erikahaas/2016/12/07/time-democrats-shouldnt-pay-taxes-because-hillary-lost-n225650 (http://townhall.com/tipsheet/erikahaas/2016/12/07/time-democrats-shouldnt-pay-taxes-because-hillary-lost-n2256508)

Democrats shouldn't Pay Taxes Because Hillary Lost

In an article for TIME Magazine (http://time.com/4590994/popular-vote-tax-pledge/), Weston explains how Democrats can end the “antiquated,” unfair system put in place by our Founding Fathers: stop paying taxes

nathanbforrest45
12-08-2016, 04:15 PM
I never thought I would live to see the destruction of this country. Never, in my wildest nightmares, would I have envisioned the blatant attempt at a takeover of the government because the election did not go their way.

Beevee
12-08-2016, 04:20 PM
I never thought I would live to see the destruction of this country. Never, in my wildest nightmares, would I have envisioned the blatant attempt at a takeover of the government because the election did not go their way.

Yes, Trump hasn't wasted much time on it, has he?

Tahuyaman
12-08-2016, 04:21 PM

You are not witnessing the destruction of the country. You are watching the melt-down of a political party comprised of temper tantrum throwing children and left wing extremists.

Tahuyaman
12-08-2016, 04:22 PM

Try staying on topic for a change.

nathanbforrest45
12-08-2016, 04:36 PM

Pardon my post but you are a total idiot if you think President Elect Donald Trump is behind this. This is entirely on your and those fools like you shoulders. Don't come around claiming anyone other then you Fascist Brown Shirts are behind this.

AZ Jim
12-08-2016, 04:39 PM
Did and does Donald Trump promote hatred? Be honest, if possible.

Beevee
12-08-2016, 04:43 PM
Try staying on topic for a change.
Your thread. Kick me out.

Beevee
12-08-2016, 04:44 PM
Pardon my post but you are a total idiot if you think President Elect Donald Trump is behind this. This is entirely on your and those fools like you shoulders. Don't come around claiming anyone other then you Fascist Brown Shirts are behind this.

Are you on topic with your praise of me?

nathanbforrest45
12-08-2016, 04:45 PM

Hatred? No, he does not. And I am being honest. The dishonest ones here are those like you who believe any disagreement with your position is "hatred"

Tahuyaman
12-08-2016, 04:51 PM

How about sticking with the topic here?

FindersKeepers
12-08-2016, 04:53 PM
I thought liberals were the ones who are always claiming that paying more in taxes is the moral position to take? What happened? What current event could have changed their mind on this one?

Does this suggest that they think 65 million people should get a free ride because they are disappointed in the outcome of an election?

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/erikahaas/2016/12/07/time-democrats-shouldnt-pay-taxes-because-hillary-lost-n225650 (http://townhall.com/tipsheet/erikahaas/2016/12/07/time-democrats-shouldnt-pay-taxes-because-hillary-lost-n2256508)

In an article for TIME Magazine (http://time.com/4590994/popular-vote-tax-pledge/), Weston explains how Democrats can end the “antiquated,” unfair system put in place by our Founding Fathers: stop paying taxes

I find this amusing.

Go ahead, let them refuse to pay taxes. That will bolster the GOP drive to reduce taxes for everyone.

Tahuyaman
12-08-2016, 04:57 PM
It's just more demonstration of the hypocrisy of the partisan left. Taxes are meant for others to pay. They prove over and over again that 100% agreement is more important to them than anything else.

This might not benefit the GOP, but it will certainly promote the conservative cause.

The GOP will benefit if they restore their party as the home of conservatives. I won't hold my breath on that one.

nathanbforrest45
12-08-2016, 05:00 PM
Who is the Electoral College "unfair" to? Do the Democrats think its fair that only nine states can control the elections in this country? With Donald Trump we have had 45 Presidents. Of that 45 only 5 have been elected without winning the popular vote. Why scrap something that seems to work so well.

Tahuyaman
12-08-2016, 05:03 PM
Your thread. Kick me out.

No problem...

Beevee
12-08-2016, 05:03 PM
It's just more demonstration of the hypocrisy of the partisan left. Taxes are meant for others to pay. They prove over and over again that 100% agreement is more important to them than anything else.

Really? Because in all the years I have been a member of this forum it's conservatives that have consistently griped over taxation and their preference of not wanting to pay their share in paying for what they don't use, forgetting of course that when they drive a car the upkeep of the roads are necessary.

Tahuyaman
12-08-2016, 05:05 PM
Who is the Electoral College "unfair" to? Do the Democrats think its fair that only nine states can control the elections in this country? With Donald Trump we have had 45 Presidents. Of that 45 only 5 have been elected without winning the popular vote. Why scrap something that seems to work so well.

I guess some Democrats feel like they can get the benefit of representation without taxation because they don't get their way in all things.

stjames1_53
12-08-2016, 05:06 PM
I saw this coming 20 years ago. I realized then, that we would eventually have war on this continent.
the liberals are either convinced that we won't fight, or they believe they'll win.
No one will win this one.

stjames1_53
12-08-2016, 05:09 PM
Really? Because in all the years I have been a member of this forum it's conservatives that have consistently griped over taxation and their preference of not wanting to pay their share in paying for what they don't use, forgetting of course that when they drive a car the upkeep of the roads are necessary.
tax on oil products and axle taxes pay for the local roads..once again I feel the need to inform a canuck that they don't understand America. local roads are not the fed gov's business

Chris
12-08-2016, 05:10 PM
Beevee TB by OP.

Cigar
12-08-2016, 05:12 PM

BS Democrats never said that ...

Maybe your heard Giving Tax Breaks to The Rich never trickle down Jack Sh!t :laugh:

Tahuyaman
12-08-2016, 05:16 PM
tax on oil products and axle taxes pay for the local roads..once again I feel the need to inform a canuck that they don't understand America. local roads are not the fed gov's business

Conservatives oppose taxation which confiscates wealth generated by one group then redistributed to another who earned nothing. When you take something from those who earned it then give it to those who didn't, you de-incentivize achievement.

Tahuyaman
12-08-2016, 05:17 PM

Maybe your heard Giving Tax Breaks to The Rich never trickle down Jack Sh!t :laugh:

I'll give you a mulligan. Try again.

nic34
12-08-2016, 05:19 PM

Project much?

nic34
12-08-2016, 05:22 PM

Right, Mark Weston did, whoever he is.

Tahuyaman
12-08-2016, 05:22 PM
Project much?

What do you think about the concept of refusing to pay taxes if your chosen candidate loses an election?

nic34
12-08-2016, 05:23 PM
What do you think about the concept of refusing to pay taxes if your chosen candidate loses an election?

Stupid idea, that you guys are trying to blame democrats for.

Try again.

Tahuyaman
12-08-2016, 05:27 PM
Stupid idea, that you guys are trying to blame democrats for.

Try again.

Did you read the article? This certainly isn't an idea floated by a Republican or Libertarian.

Peter1469
12-08-2016, 05:39 PM
There won't be a significant number of people refuse to pay taxes over the elections.

Tahuyaman
12-08-2016, 05:42 PM
There won't be a significant number of people refuse to pay taxes over the elections.

I agree, but a supposed mainstream print media magazine running a story advocating that is quite remarkable. It does seem to be in line with the other temper tantrums from the hard partisans.

Peter1469
12-08-2016, 06:12 PM
I agree, but a supposed mainstream print media magazine running a story advocating that is quite remarkable. It does seem to be in line with the other temper tantrums from the hard partisans.

It is hysterics.

stjames1_53
12-08-2016, 06:15 PM
let the babies stop paying fed income tax. I double-dog dare you.
The IRS will help themselves to whatever they want. Drain bank accounts, levy paychecks.....go ahead, make their day..
then you guys can double down on victimhood, again....

Common
12-08-2016, 06:22 PM

Good luck refusing to be taxed, to my knowledge no one was successful as of yet.
The left is full of shit, they LOVE taxs as long as it goes to illegal immigrants and refugees and anything else they want.

Boris The Animal
12-08-2016, 06:27 PM
Good luck refusing to be taxed, to my knowledge no one was successful as of yet.
The left is full of $#@!, they LOVE taxs as long as it goes to illegal immigrants and refugees and anything else they want.And this is the reason why I call Democrats backstabbers. Twice they did that in the 1980s promising both Reagan and HW Bush cuts in spending if they got their tax increases. Well guess what, the tax hikes came and they reneged on their promises.

Tahuyaman
12-08-2016, 06:53 PM
It is hysterics.

Of course it is. It's going to get worse.

resister
12-08-2016, 07:50 PM
You are not witnessing the destruction of the country. You are watching the melt-down of a political party comprised of temper tantrum throwing children and left wing extremists.
I laugh in there poosy ass faces..LOL..:kiss:

donttread
12-09-2016, 08:27 AM

Yeah, because the DNC is run so well without a Constitution to guide it , right? LMFAO.
I do believe that states should confiscate portions of their citizens federal with holding when the federal government exerts unconstitutional rules or taxation upon them.

Tahuyaman
12-09-2016, 09:16 AM
Yeah, because the DNC is run so well without a Constitution to guide it , right? LMFAO.
I do believe that states should confiscate portions of their citizens federal with holding when the federal government exerts unconstitutional rules or taxation upon them.

Do you support the idea that you should refuse to pay federal taxes because your candidate lost the election?

donttread
12-09-2016, 12:50 PM
Do you support the idea that you should refuse to pay federal taxes because your candidate lost the election?

No. I support that action when you know the feds are taxing you for actions outside of their Constitutional limitations. But practically speaking it would almost have to involve the state because of the with holdings laws.

MisterVeritis
12-09-2016, 02:13 PM
Let's assume the idiot Democrats decide they won't pay taxes. How will they do it?

nic34
12-09-2016, 02:17 PM
Did you read the article? This certainly isn't an idea floated by a Republican or Libertarian.

from your link:

According to Weston, “Appeals to fairness have not persuaded them [Republicans] of the need to amend the Constitution to establish direct presidential elections…Democrats must, therefore, pester Republicans where it hurts: the pocketbook.”

According to Weston.... NOT democrats.

Try again.

Tahuyaman
12-09-2016, 02:26 PM
from your link:

According to Weston, “Appeals to fairness have not persuaded them [Republicans] of the need to amend the Constitution to establish direct presidential elections…Democrats must, therefore, pester Republicans where it hurts: the pocketbook.”

According to Weston.... NOT democrats.

Try again.

How does that support the notion of withholding taxes because if the election result was proposed by a Republican?

Peter1469
12-09-2016, 06:03 PM
The IRS has its own attorneys who have the authority to charge people criminally for violating the tax code. (Typically only the DOJ can prosecute people in federal court).

If the libs go off the deep end, the IRS will jail a lot of them. They love to go after tax cheats.

Tahuyaman
12-09-2016, 06:57 PM
Liberals send mixed signals on their view of taxation. They claim to call for simplication of the tax code and the elimination of "loopholes" and many exemptions, but zealously oppose any and all attempts to achieve that.

They seem to only want the issue. If the tax code is simplified and the loopholes and exemtptions are eliminated, they've lost the issue.

Tahuyaman
12-09-2016, 06:59 PM
The IRS has its own attorneys who have the authority to charge people criminally for violating the tax code. (Typically only the DOJ can prosecute people in federal court).

If the libs go off the deep end, the IRS will jail a lot of them. They love to go after tax cheats.

They aren't going to withhold taxes just like they won't leave the country as promised. It's just liberals running off at the mouth.

Peter1469
12-09-2016, 07:03 PM
They aren't going to withhold taxes just like they won't leave the country as promised. It's just liberals running off at the mouth.
They are full of shit.

SJW spouting off.

Tahuyaman
12-09-2016, 07:07 PM
They are full of $#@!.

SJW spouting off.

Correct.

donttread
12-10-2016, 07:34 AM
Let's assume the idiot Democrats decide they won't pay taxes. How will they do it?

Only the self employed can. That's why they'd need the state behind them and that's not going to happen until that state's rights are threatened even further by the feds.