PDA

View Full Version : Warning: This County Voted Democrat for 144 Years Until Trump Came Along

MMC
12-09-2016, 05:34 PM
Here is some reality that shows just how much our resident illiberals don't know how their kind lost this election. This article explains it out. A group of lifelong Democrats that voted for Obama.....and broke their tradition with voting for Trump. Trump did what no other Republican could do with this county. What say ye.

A look into (http://edition.cnn.com/2016/12/09/politics/elliott-county-kentucky-democratic-streak-broken-by-donald-trump/index.html?sr=twcnni120916elliott-county-kentucky-democratic-streak-broken-by-donald-trump1256PMStoryLink&linkId=32139512) one county in Kentucky deserves peoples’ attention.

Elliott county is a sparsely populated place in northeastern Kentucky. With barely 5,000 registered voters, it hardly has enough residents to sway the state’s partisan direction. However, Elliot county boasts a record above any other county government – they haven’t voted for a Republican presidential candidate in 144 years. It’s the longest recorded county streak in American history.

That record was finally broken in 2016.

A CNN special on Elliott county, Kentucky offers a snapshot into the Trump phenomena that took place across the country.

As you can see from the video, Elliott county is quite rural. Very rural. At first glance, it’s hard to wrap one’s head around the fact that residents there are still voting Democrat. This is especially true when you hear some of the featured answers.

How was Donald Trump so successful in connecting with these people when past Republican candidates have continually failed?

Another woman featured – Judy Pennington – may have shed better light on how Trump was able to crack the most stubborn rural locality in the South. Pennington, 71, described herself as a lifelong Democrat who voted for Bill Clinton twice and Obama twice. She, too, voted for Donald Trump. When asked why, she said she felt Trump was speaking directly to her. Never had she felt a Republican presidential candidate cared for “the little people.” Trump’s campaign theme of justice for the working-class convinced her to change her lifelong voting habits.

He was able to do so by attracting blue-collar workers like no GOP candidate before. It probably helped Hillary Clinton came across as an elitist who publicly called for the end of coal mining jobs.

One other major detail in this special that needs to be pointed out. Everyone interviewed were rural, southern whites who… voted for Barack Obama in 2008 and 2012. A major critique from the left on Trump’s victory is that he won on the backs of racists. Are you telling me these people voted for a black president twice and then became adamant racists/sexists within a four-year time span?

We didn’t need an examination of one single county to poke holes in this leftist theory. Trump won Rust Belt states and shattered the “blue wall” to bits by conquering (http://time.com/voices-from-democratic-counties-where-trump-won-big/) counties that have long voted Democrat.

And a working-class conquest by Trump did occur. Formed in 1869, Elliott county had never voted for a Republican president in its existence.

It was the only rural, majority-white southern county in the U.S. to vote for Obama in 2012.

Trump did not simply win this county in 2016. He took the place by storm with a 77-26 margin......snip~

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/jasonhopkins/2016/12/09/this-county-voted-democrat-for-144-years-until-trump-came-along-n2257675

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0llzBSSIcU

del
12-09-2016, 05:35 PM
did he promise them teeth?

MMC
12-09-2016, 06:00 PM
did he promise them teeth?

Why.....were you hoping he could offer your kind some?

del
12-09-2016, 06:05 PM
Why.....were you hoping he could offer your kind some?

unlike trump republicans, i don't suck the government tit

MMC
12-09-2016, 06:08 PM
unlike trump republicans, i don't suck the government tit

And its clear Trump don't care much for losers. So you know you aint got nothing coming anyways.

Although, he would be more merciful to your kind. Than what I would be.

del
12-09-2016, 06:09 PM
And its clear Trump don't care much for losers. So you know you aint got nothing coming anyways.

Although, he would be more merciful to your kind. Than what I would be.
i'm sure he's very fond of losers, given they make up 99% of his base.
considering you never have and never will do shit beyond puking bicolored insanity on messageboards, who gives a fuck ?

Common
12-09-2016, 06:13 PM
It wasnt all trumps doing, Obama had more to do with making that happen, with his total neglect of most americans and his only goal of importing as many illegals and refugess as he could. Oh and the war on police

del
12-09-2016, 06:14 PM
It wasnt all trumps doing, Obama had more to do with making that happen, with his total neglect of most americans and his only goal of importing as many illegals and refugess as he could. Oh and the war on police
lol

MMC
12-09-2016, 06:21 PM
i'm sure he's very fond of losers, given they make up 99% of his base.
considering you never have and never will do shit beyond puking bicolored insanity on messageboards, who gives a fuck ?

Sounds like youre upset that you can't get the attention you are looking for. Oh and don't talk any bullshit, as you already know I will treat you as the victim you were born as.

Face the fact.....you couldn't muster up even on your best day. Now lets see you start using that half a brain cell you carry lil mope.

del
12-09-2016, 07:04 PM
Sounds like youre upset that you can't get the attention you are looking for. Oh and don't talk any bullshit, as you already know I will treat you as the victim you were born as.

Face the fact.....you couldn't muster up even on your best day. Now lets see you start using that half a brain cell you carry lil mope.

delusional and stupid is no way to go through life, son

MMC
12-09-2016, 07:19 PM
delusional and stupid is no way to go through life, son
So you finally learned something, now start living the reality. Oh and I'm not related to inbreds.

del
12-09-2016, 07:21 PM
So you finally learned something, now start living the reality. Oh and I'm not related to inbreds.
of course you're not

everybody goes to family reunions looking for a date

:biglaugh:

waltky
Just goes to show...

... how dissatisfied with the status quo...

... voters have been.

Dr. Who
Knock off the name-calling and insults. Thank you.

MMC
12-09-2016, 07:30 PM
of course you're not

everybody goes to family reunions looking for a date

:biglaugh:
Thanks for the info.....but really there is no need to share your experiences. http://www.politicalwrinkles.com/images/smilies/funny.gif

MMC
12-09-2016, 07:33 PM
Just goes to show...

... how dissatisfied with the status quo...

... voters have been.

That's Right Walt.....and these people felt like Trump was talking to them. Not at them.

MMC
12-10-2016, 08:00 AM
Yeah these people learned BO the peep wasn't worth much as a politician. Just a likeable guy. Overrated by people thinking he was highly educated. Plus they had to see the Demos obstructing for him.