PDA

View Full Version : Grassley Calls on Trump to Reverse Obama's Executive Actions .....

MMC
12-10-2016, 08:13 AM
Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley is calling on President-elect Donald Trump to reverse President Obama's executive actions and he wants it to start on day one.

"The Obama administration used executive fiat to push sweeping regulations with little thought about the damage to American jobs. It has repeatedly stretched its authority beyond limits set by Congress. It has twisted the law and even the Constitution itself to justify this executive overreach. And despite early promises of transparency, it has kept the American people and Congress in the dark about many of its most significant decisions. Americans are right to be frustrated with what they see as more unnecessary burdens and unchecked abuses being handed down by an out-of-touch bureaucracy. And in November, they made their voices heard," Grassley said on the Senate floor Friday. "President-elect Trump has said that he intends to roll back the mess of harmful regulations and executive power grabs of the last eight years. He is certainly going to have his hands full, but there’s plenty he can do to begin the process on January 20th."

"President Obama’s tenure has brought about an unprecedented expansion of the regulatory state. By some estimates, bureaucratic red tape now places a $2 trillion burden on our nation’s economy. I don’t doubt that there is some good intention behind just about every new rule. But, the notion that so-called experts in Washington, D.C., need to regulate every aspect of our lives doesn’t make much sense to many of the Iowans I talk to. They are hoping that a President Trump will bring common sense to Washington, D.C.," he continued.

Obama's most damaging executive overreach includes amnesty for millions of illegal immigrants, burdensome overtime rules for businesses, bolstering the EPA's suffocation of family farms, the Bowe Begdahl swap for five Taliban commanders and much more.

"The common thread in all this is that the Obama administration frequently failed to take care that the laws be faithfully executed, as is required by our Constitution. And when that doesn't happen and Congress lets a president get away with it, then we aren't upholding our oath to the Constitution, which says basically that Congress passes the law. They ought to be a check on the executive branch to see that the laws are faithfully executed," Grassley said......snip~

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2016/12/09/grassley-calls-on-trump-to-reverse-obamas-executive-actions-n2257647

Grassley Reminds Trump to keep his word and overturn BO the peeps EO's. Now Grassley needs to step as head of Judiciary Committee and go after BO peeps and Clintons people in the DOJ. He can start by calling Lynch in to be reprimanded and Censured. What say ye?

MisterVeritis
12-10-2016, 08:41 AM
Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley is calling on President-elect Donald Trump to reverse President Obama's executive actions and he wants it to start on day one.

The Congress had all the power it needed to stop Obama. The could have refused to fund his Marxist and Islamophilic programs. They didn't. They could have impeached Obama for any or all of his unconstitutional acts. They refused.

Hence Trump.

We really need an Article V convention of states called by the state legislatures. There's lots that needs to be fixed.

MMC
12-10-2016, 08:54 AM
The Congress had all the power it needed to stop Obama. The could have refused to fund his Marxist and Islamophilic programs. They didn't. They could have impeached Obama for any or all of his unconstitutional acts. They refused.

Hence Trump.

We really need an Article V convention of states called by the state legislatures. There's lots that needs to be fixed.

You're Right.....the House could have impeached him without charges. What they should have done, was called him in and then Censured him before the Country and his fellow Americans.

Grassley also could have kept Lynch on Capitol Hill and under questioning for days on end. He didn't and that's his failure.

Now its on Trump to overturn BOs EO's and I agree.....on day one. He should get rid of most of them. Humiliating the Peep in doing so.

DGUtley
12-10-2016, 08:58 AM
I agree. The EO's generally gotta go. I don't care whether they have merit or not. The ends do not justify the means -- not in our system of government, because the ends will change. I do not want Trump issuing EO's that constitute legislation.

Common
12-10-2016, 08:59 AM
I dont think theres any doubt that many of obamas executive orders will go byebye, not all but alot. However on a fun note, isnt it going to be a BLAST to listen to the trolling whining and panty bunching of the libs here going off the deep end for everyone Trump reverses. I CANT WAIT LMAO

DGUtley
12-10-2016, 09:02 AM
I dont think theres any doubt that many of obamas executive orders will go byebye, not all but alot. However on a fun note, isnt it going to be a BLAST to listen to the trolling whining and panty bunching of the libs here going off the deep end for everyone Trump reverses. I CANT WAIT LMAO

Early in the Obama Administration, I told my friends on our Ohio site that you shouldn't want your person to have any more power than you were willing to give to your worst adversary. The libs, thinking they would be in power forever, took it all. Now, the R's get to EO out clean air, clean water, grandma and puppies.

MisterVeritis
12-10-2016, 09:05 AM
You're Right.....the House could have impeached him without charges. What they should have done, was called him in and then Censured him before the Country and his fellow Americans.
Yes to impeachment. No to censure. Censure is a meaningless gesture.

Grassley also could have kept Lynch on Capitol Hill and under questioning for days on end. He didn't and that's his failure.
Congress is a failure. The House acted as an Obama rubber "Yes" stamp. They could not eve impeach the IRS commissioner after years of using the IRS as a political weapon. They are weaklings and cowards.

Now its on Trump to overturn BOs EO's and I agree.....on day one. He should get rid of most of them. Humiliating the Peep in doing so.
In a month we will get our first true measure of President Trump. Remember, Trump is not the solution to the nation's serious, deep problems. He buys time for an Article V convention of states to propose amendments. That is all he does.

MisterVeritis
12-10-2016, 09:08 AM
Early in the Obama Administration, I told my friends on our Ohio site that you shouldn't want your person to have any more power than you were willing to give to your worst adversary. The libs, thinking they would be in power forever, took it all. Now, the R's get to EO out clean air, clean water, grandma and puppies.
I would word it differently. Trump can reverse the politicization of the clean air and water issues. The EPA has little to do with clean air and water. It is a political tool used to advance one's political positions and to punish one's political enemies.

MMC
12-10-2016, 09:17 AM
Yes to impeachment. No to censure. Censure is a meaningless gesture.

Congress is a failure. The House acted as an Obama rubber "Yes" stamp. They could not eve impeach the IRS commissioner after years of using the IRS as a political weapon. They are weaklings and cowards.

In a month we will get our first true measure of President Trump. Remember, Trump is not the solution to the nation's serious, deep problems. He buys time for an Article V convention of states to propose amendments. That is all he does.

That's what they get for picking Ryan as Speaker.....all he did was rubber stamp BO peeps agenda. He is also the one that backed off going after Clinton.

Tahuyaman
12-10-2016, 11:52 AM
Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley is calling on President-elect Donald Trump to reverse President Obama's executive actions and he wants it to start on day one.....

Isn't Grassley a little late to the party on this one? After all, wasn't this one of Trump's major issues his entire campaign?

MMC
12-10-2016, 12:04 PM
Isn't Grassley a little late to the party on this one? After all, wasn't this one of Trump's major issues his entire campaign?
I think he was reminding Trump what he said.....and to note all the EO's BO peep is issuing during the transition.

Like I mentioned.....Grassley has a job to do as well. So he should heed his own words.