PDA

View Full Version : Could Pennsylvania turn red this year?

pjohns
10-18-2012, 06:57 PM
A new poll actually shows Gov. Romney ahead in Pennsylvania. And by four percentage points.

From the Washington Examiner:

A new poll shows Republican Mitt Romney leading in Pennsylvania, a state that Republicans had all but written off just weeks ago but which is now listed as a toss up by the Real Clear Politics website.

Susquehanna Polling and Research provided The Washington Examiner with a poll it conducted for state party officials that shows Romney with a 49 percent to 45 percent lead over President Obama.

It's the first poll to show Romney leading among likely voters in the Keystone State.

"The polling is very clear that the race is certainly up for grabs and Republicans have a tendency to never believe it," Susquehanna President James Lee told The Examiner. ...
Susquehanna has traditionally shown a much tighter race between Obama and Romney than other polls, in part because it weighs its results by party registration. Firms that don't do this tend to over-sample Democrats.

Here is the link to the full article on the subject: http://washingtonexaminer.com/poll-shows-romney-leading-in-blue-pennsylvania/article/2511153#.UICNlcU8CSo
(http://washingtonexaminer.com/poll-shows-romney-leading-in-blue-pennsylvania/article/2511153#.UICNlcU8CSo)
I had concluded (somewhat reluctantly) that Ohio is the key--that the winner of The Buckeye State will very likely win the presidential election.

But a Romney win in Pennsylvania could easily obviate the (apparent) need for the former governor of Massachusetts to win Ohio...

GrumpyDog
10-18-2012, 07:09 PM
No, Pennsylvanians are not Transylvanians.

Peter1469
10-18-2012, 08:08 PM
I have been to both Pennsylvanian and Transylvania. I liked Transylvania better.

Mainecoons
10-18-2012, 09:39 PM
Amazing how a place with such high taxes and big government can have such seriously crappy roads, and a toll road that is a POS and 50 years old. So much for paying off those bonds, eh?

And then there's Filthadelphia. What a garden spot!

Calypso Jones
10-18-2012, 09:46 PM
Part of Pennsylvania is actually Pennsyltucky. I think i hate driving in pennsylvania more than i hate driving in West Virginia .....or Baltimore.

Captain Obvious
10-18-2012, 09:51 PM
Part of Pennsylvania is actually Pennsyltucky. I think i hate driving in pennsylvania more than i hate driving in West Virginia .....or Baltimore.

Which part of PA? I'm curious. I'm knee-deep in WV right now and I'm pretty familiar with PA - all of it.

Baltimore isn't even on the same map in this sense.

Appalachia runs right up through southern NYS, but it pretty much stops in SW PA around Waynesburg.

Calypso Jones
10-18-2012, 10:00 PM
Western PA. WEST of pittsburg.

Captain Obvious
10-18-2012, 10:05 PM
Western PA. WEST of pittsburg.

That would be WV panhandle.

Trinnity
10-19-2012, 06:10 AM
Dems are having to face the fact that this election is turning against Obama.

pjohns
10-19-2012, 08:05 PM
Dems are having to face the fact that this election is turning against Obama.

Yes, the momentum definitely seems to favor Gov. Romney.