PDA

View Full Version : Appeals court upholds VA voter-ID law

Peter1469
12-14-2016, 11:47 PM
Appeals court upholds VA voter-ID law (https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/public-safety/appeals-court-upholds-virginias-voter-id-law/2016/12/13/3888f46e-c150-11e6-9a51-cd56ea1c2bb7_story.html?utm_term=.fd206b7894b2)

Virginia's voter ID law has been upheld in court. It is very simple. Show a valid form of ID that shows who you are and where you live and you can vote. You also have to tell the volunteer at the polling place your address without reading it.

A federal appeals court Tuesday upheld Virginia’s voting rules requiring residents to present photo identification to cast ballots.
The 3-to-0 ruling by the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 4th Circuit comes only months after a different panel of judges in the Richmond-based court threw out North Carolina’s far-reaching election restrictions, finding its state legislators had intentionally made it harder for minorities to vote.

In the Virginia case, the appeals court sided with attorneys for Virginia election officials who said the state’s requirement for in-person* voting is far more flexible than election measures in other states and was not designed to discriminate.

“Not only does the substance of SB 1256 not impose an undue burden on minority voting, there was no evidence to suggest racially discriminatory intent in the law’s enactment,” the panel ruled.

Don
12-15-2016, 12:34 AM
After all the charges the democrats have and are making about the vulnerability of the voting system, if they won't go along with something as simple as voter ID then they will look very stupid. Not to mention how they portray minorities as being too stupid to get ID even though they have to know that 99.99% of them already have official ID.

Captain Obvious
12-15-2016, 12:37 AM
After all the charges the democrats have and are making about the vulnerability of the voting system, if they won't go along with something as simple as voter ID then they will look very stupid. Not to mention how they portray minorities as being too stupid to get ID even though they have to know that 99.99% of them already have official ID.

Cherry picking audits of states in the current election kind of slaps in the face of integrity also.

It's a joke.

resister
12-15-2016, 12:37 AM
The assertation that this somehow Racist is ridiculous in the extreme

Common
12-15-2016, 04:53 AM
Oh man with voter id everywhere democrats may never win another election

DGUtley
12-15-2016, 09:13 AM
I never understand their argument. I can understand it if there's an economic issue requiring a specific ID, but a general reasonable ID, I don't get.

Subdermal
12-15-2016, 09:19 AM
I never understand their argument. I can understand it if there's an economic issue requiring a specific ID, but a general reasonable ID, I don't get.
What's hard to understand about the base lack of integrity of leftists? They display it every day!

birddog
12-15-2016, 12:17 PM
What's hard to understand about the base lack of integrity of leftists? They display it every day!

To be a Lefty, is to be a liar! Lying is just what they do. They live a lie.

That's not say that "conservatives" in Congress and elsewhere don't share part of the blame, they do.

Don
12-15-2016, 01:24 PM

I remember over 10 years ago when some states wanted to require official ID to vote (state drivers license or state ID) they offered to pay for anyone who couldn't afford it. The argument about not being able to get to the places where they can get the ID goes out the window too because they would somehow be able to get to the place they vote.

https://youtu.be/rrBxZGWCdgs