PDA

View Full Version : Obama Leaves Office on High Note

Cigar
12-15-2016, 12:57 PM
December 15, 2016

A new Pew Research poll (http://www.people-press.org/2016/12/14/obama-leaves-office-on-high-note-but-public-has-mixed-views-of-accomplishments/?utm_content=bufferdda80&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer#michelle-obama-remains-a-popular-but-partisan-figure) finds that 45% expect Barack Obama to be remembered as an above average or outstanding president, while 26% expect he will be viewed as average, and about as many (27%) say he’ll be seen as a below average or poor president.

“Obama fares well when compared with past presidents. Expectations for Obama’s historical record are far more positive than those of George W. Bush at the end of his term (when 57% predicted that he would be remembered as a below average or poor president), and are roughly on par with views of Bill Clinton when he left office.”

https://politicalwire.com/2016/12/15/obama-leaves-office-high-note/

:riot:

Standing Wolf
12-15-2016, 01:06 PM
I haven't agreed with everything President Obama has done or said these past eight years, but he has clearly represented the office extraordinarily well, for the most part. He is a highly intelligent, articulate man, with an excellent sense of humor and about as classy as a politician gets. We're all going to miss that; it only remains to be seen how much.

exotix
12-15-2016, 01:11 PM
INB4 the fake meooows punditry ... LOL

Bo-4
12-15-2016, 01:14 PM
I haven't agreed with everything President Obama has done or said these past eight years, but he has clearly represented the office extraordinarily well, for the most part. He is a highly intelligent, articulate man, with an excellent sense of humor and about as classy as a politician gets. We're all going to miss that; it only remains to be seen how much.

I have a hunch that even a healthy percentage of Trump voters will be missing him bigly within about 6 months.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cn5CExQXYAAAEwo.jpg

Beevee
12-15-2016, 01:21 PM
The only high note that Republicans would acknowledge is a musical one but if they could remove it from the musical arts dictionary, they would do so with relish.

Private Pickle
12-15-2016, 01:28 PM
So popular and effective he got Trump elected. Enjoy.

By the way...remember this:

DGUtley
12-15-2016, 01:30 PM
I think that when the smoke clears on this administration and the books start coming out he'll be viewed as one of the worst of all time, if not the worst. I also think that his administration will be viewed as the most corrupt and ideological driven in history. The damage he's wrought to our constitutional and federalist principles is incredible.

Cigar
12-15-2016, 01:31 PM
So popular and effective he got Trump elected. Enjoy.

By the way...remember this:

Focus Grasshopper - Obama fares well when compared with past presidents. Expectations for Obama’s historical record are far more positive than those of George W. Bush at the end of his term.

Cigar
12-15-2016, 01:33 PM
I think that when the smoke clears on this administration and the books start coming out he'll be viewed as one of the worst of all time, if not the worst. I also think that his administration will be viewed as the most corrupt and ideological driven in history. The damage he's wrought to our constitutional and federalist principles is incredible.

I betting a Twitter Storm will clear the Smoke and Replace it with a Stench :laugh:

Beevee
12-15-2016, 01:34 PM
When Trump leaves office his approval rate will be at 101% because he will have tweeted it and Republican's would never consider it a lie, even though mathematics might disagree.

Amadeus
12-15-2016, 01:35 PM
Obama is one of the better human beings to be president, and maybe the best president in my life time (certainly better than Reagan). That said, the bar has been set low, and now the bar doesn't even exist thanks to Trump.

Bo-4
12-15-2016, 01:35 PM
The only high note that Republicans would acknowledge is a musical one but if they could remove it from the musical arts dictionary, they would do so with relish.

From what i've seen, most Republicans are tone deaf. ;)

Bo-4
12-15-2016, 01:37 PM

You're a good 27%-er. ;-)

about as many (27%) say he’ll be seen as a below average or poor president.

Private Pickle
12-15-2016, 01:47 PM
Focus Grasshopper - Obama fares well when compared with past presidents. Expectations for Obama’s historical record are far more positive than those of George W. Bush at the end of his term.

Face it. Once ACA is repealed Obama's legacy will be that he left the office with racial tensions, wars and a divided DNC. It's OK. It's just fact.

Cigar
12-15-2016, 01:49 PM
Face it. Once ACA is repealed Obama's legacy will be that he left the office with racial tensions, wars and a divided DNC. It's OK. It's just fact.

Sure .... Obama Supporter will just all forget and Forgive and flock to Trump.

Then you wake up :laugh:

MisterVeritis
12-15-2016, 01:55 PM
The hight note is that Obama is leaving.

Cigar
12-15-2016, 01:56 PM
From what i've seen, most Republicans are tone deaf. ;)

I knew this thread would get the right people's panties in a bunch ... not a Troll, just an accurate prediction :laugh:

Private Pickle
12-15-2016, 01:57 PM
Sure .... Obama Supporter will just all forget and Forgive and flock to Trump.

Then you wake up :laugh:

Like it matters what Obama supporters think over the next 4-8 years...

DGUtley
12-15-2016, 01:58 PM
I knew this thread would get the right people's panties in a bunch ... not a Troll, just an accurate prediction :laugh:

This isn't emotional for most of us, just stating my belief and thoughts. I get you disagree.

MisterVeritis
12-15-2016, 02:00 PM
I assumed that was your purpose.

It doesn't matter. Obama is leaving. That is very good news. Trump is starting. That is better news.

stjames1_53
12-15-2016, 02:00 PM
December 15, 2016

A new Pew Research poll (http://www.people-press.org/2016/12/14/obama-leaves-office-on-high-note-but-public-has-mixed-views-of-accomplishments/?utm_content=bufferdda80&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer#michelle-obama-remains-a-popular-but-partisan-figure) finds that 45% expect Barack Obama to be remembered as an above average or outstanding president, while 26% expect he will be viewed as average, and about as many (27%) say he’ll be seen as a below average or poor president.

“Obama fares well when compared with past presidents. Expectations for Obama’s historical record are far more positive than those of George W. Bush at the end of his term (when 57% predicted that he would be remembered as a below average or poor president), and are roughly on par with views of Bill Clinton when he left office.”

..and here I thought someone caught him cheefing

Professor Peabody
12-15-2016, 02:26 PM
That could change quite quickly if the new AG starts indicting folks.

Cigar
12-15-2016, 02:27 PM
That could change quite quickly if the new AG starts indicting folks.

I'm Good ... and that's all the matters to me.

How about you, got any skin in the Game?

Tahuyaman
12-15-2016, 02:29 PM
If you are proud of arrogant incompetence, indecision and the widened racial divide, you love Obama.

Professor Peabody
12-15-2016, 02:30 PM
I'm Good ... and that's all the matters to me.

How about you, got any skin in the Game?
Yes, my hard earned tax dollars.

AZ Jim
12-15-2016, 03:44 PM
That could change quite quickly if the new AG starts indicting folks.Senseless statement.

Cigar
12-15-2016, 03:45 PM
Yes, my hard earned tax dollars.

... and that has what to do with an AG :huh:

stjames1_53
12-15-2016, 04:55 PM

did Obama get busted cheefin'?

patrickt
12-15-2016, 06:42 PM
December 15, 2016

And polls show Hillary Clinton winning the presidency. Barack Obama was a great president for Hamas, Iran, Venezuela, and Cuba but for the U.S., not so much.

Common
12-15-2016, 06:43 PM
Barack Obama favorability has been padded by the press to make him look good from day 1
I cant find anyone that likes him and that includes all democrats

Professor Peabody
12-21-2016, 05:58 PM
Senseless statement.
Why is that? The FBI investigation is still open and Trumps new AG can quickly appoint a special prosecutor and empanel a Grand Jury.

Professor Peabody
12-21-2016, 06:03 PM

You asked if I had any skin in the game. I replied "I do, my hard earned tax dollars."

Tahuyaman
12-21-2016, 06:12 PM

History is not going to be kind to Obama.