PDA

View Full Version : Trump ordered to give deposition in Washington restaurant suit

Bethere
12-15-2016, 05:46 PM
Lol. Are we having fun yet?

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-chef-idUSKBN14424S

By Ian Simpson (http://www.reuters.com/journalists/ian-simpson) | WASHINGTON
A Washington judge has ordered Republican President-elect Donald Trump to give a deposition in a lawsuit against celebrity chef Jose Andres stemming from Trump's disparaging remarks about Mexican immigrants.
District of Columbia Superior Court Judge Jennifer Di Toro ruled on Wednesday that Trump must testify in New York about Andres' restaurant deal at Trump's luxury Washington hotel. The deposition can last up to seven hours and will take place in the first week of January.
His lawyers had sought to limit how long Trump could be questioned and what could be covered, contending he was extremely busy ahead of his Jan. 20 inauguration.
But Di Toro said in her order that limits on the deposition could harm preparations by Andres' lawyers, and that Trump's own statements were at the heart of the case.
Trump is suing Andres for $10 million over breach of contract after Andres backed out of a plan to open a restaurant in the Trump International Hotel a few blocks from the White House.

Beevee
12-15-2016, 05:56 PM
He'll drop the suite.

decedent
12-15-2016, 05:56 PM
There are literally thousands of complaints from workers saying that Trump never paid them. He's no stranger to this sort of thing. Trump will settle and claim victory... again.

Captain Obvious
12-15-2016, 05:57 PM
So... Mexicans didn't invent nacho cheese, black slaves in Texas did.

Mexicans would cross the border and steal it and the slaves would chase them yelling "thats nacho cheese... thats nacho cheese..."

Bethere
12-15-2016, 05:58 PM
There are literally thousands of complaints from workers saying that Trump never paid them. He's no stranger to this sort of thing. Trump will settle and claim victory... again.

Absolutely.

Bethere
12-15-2016, 05:59 PM
He'll drop the suite.

He filed the suit. Did he somehow think he wouldn't be asked to testify?

It's just another example of how out of touch he is.

MisterVeritis
12-15-2016, 06:04 PM
He was deposed in a similar suit in the summer. You say stupid things.

Bethere
12-15-2016, 06:14 PM
He was deposed in a similar suit in the summer. You say stupid things.

I'm trying to communicate with you, I need to speak your language if I want you to understand.

stjames1_53
12-15-2016, 06:14 PM
I see you failed reading comprehension.....this guy backed out of a contract. He never worked for Trump.....your lie is pure bullsh*t

stjames1_53
12-15-2016, 06:16 PM

so, you've moved from taco maker to lawyer...........

Bethere
12-15-2016, 06:16 PM
I see you failed reading comprehension.....this guy baked out of a contract. He never worked for Trump.....your lie is pure bullsh*t

Must every thread mutate into a thread about you and your anger?

Why not address the topic?

stjames1_53
12-15-2016, 06:18 PM
so, are you still a taco maker? That's all you're qualified for............

Bethere
12-15-2016, 06:19 PM

What do you mean by taco maker? Is that your sad attempt at an ethnic slur?

stjames1_53
12-15-2016, 06:23 PM
What do you mean by taco maker? Is that your sad attempt at an ethnic slur?

no, it is intended as humor and as usual you didn't get it...I know you're a burger flipper

Beevee
12-15-2016, 06:32 PM

Some graduate and others fail. What's your credentials?

stjames1_53
12-15-2016, 06:36 PM
Some graduate and others fail. What's your credentials?
more familiar with our legal system than you..and that's all I need to be. your failing is that you don't live here and know nothing about our courts or legal system.
and you still have no horse in this race................interloper

Bethere
12-15-2016, 06:37 PM
more familiar with our legal system than you..and that's all I need to be. you failing is that you don't live here and know nothing about our courts or legal system.
and you still have no horse in this race................interloper

He is most assuredly allowed to post here as a Canadian.

And considering that you've posted half a dozen times on this thread without addressing the topic and slurring your little heart out? That makes you the interloper, troll.

Bethere
12-15-2016, 06:42 PM

A Washington judge has ordered Republican President-elect Donald Trump to give a deposition in a lawsuit against celebrity chef Jose Andres stemming from Trump's disparaging remarks about Mexican immigrants.
District of Columbia Superior Court Judge Jennifer Di Toro ruled on Wednesday that Trump must testify in New York about Andres' restaurant deal at Trump's luxury Washington hotel. The deposition can last up to seven hours and will take place in the first week of January.
His lawyers had sought to limit how long Trump could be questioned and what could be covered, contending he was extremely busy ahead of his Jan. 20 inauguration.
But Di Toro said in her order that limits on the deposition could harm preparations by Andres' lawyers, and that Trump's own statements were at the heart of the case.
Trump is suing Andres for $10 million over breach of contract after Andres backed out of a plan to open a restaurant in the Trump International Hotel a few blocks from the White House.
Back to our regularly scheduled program.

MisterVeritis
12-15-2016, 07:03 PM
I'm trying to communicate with you, I need to speak your language if I want you to understand.
You fail because you underestimate. Try to learn your limits.

stjames1_53
12-15-2016, 07:06 PM
He is most assuredly allowed to post here as a Canadian.

And considering that you've posted half a dozen times on this thread without addressing the topic and slurring your little heart out? That makes you the interloper, troll.
the burger flipper demands some of my time..................... I charge $35/hr to let you talk to me.....I'll get you through this

stjames1_53
12-15-2016, 07:07 PM
Back to our regularly scheduled program.

that's pretty damned sad that you have to reply to your own posts.......................so sad

del
12-15-2016, 07:45 PM
ben franklin made excellent tacos

decedent
12-15-2016, 07:50 PM
I see you failed reading comprehension.....this guy backed out of a contract. He never worked for Trump.....your lie is pure bullsh*t

I guess you're going senile, but feel free to show me where I said anything like that.

Crepitus
12-15-2016, 08:06 PM
Must every thread mutate into a thread about you and your anger?

Why not address the topic?

Not smart enough.

Safety
12-15-2016, 09:00 PM
that's pretty damned sad that you have to reply to your own posts.......................so sad

He's trying to get people to focus on the topic, how about giving it a shot?

Dr. Who
12-15-2016, 09:42 PM

Please refrain from making personal attacks or further actions will follow.

Bethere
12-16-2016, 06:54 AM
ben franklin made excellent tacos

Ben Franklin would make one big ass taco.

Tahuyaman
12-16-2016, 08:52 AM

Good stuff.

Bethere
12-16-2016, 06:12 PM
Good stuff.
Thank you.

Tahuyaman
12-16-2016, 06:16 PM
You wouldn't thank me if you knew why I think that.

stjames1_53
12-16-2016, 07:29 PM
I guess you're going senile, but feel free to show me where I said anything like that.
There are literally thousands of complaints from workers saying that Trump never paid them # 3 this is your post!
the guy did not work for Trump. Get your lies straight
so you did say it

decedent
12-18-2016, 02:38 PM
There are literally thousands of complaints from workers saying that Trump never paid them # 3 this is your post!
the guy did not work for Trump. Get your lies straight
so you did say it

I never said he worked for Trump. You get YOUR facts straight and stop putting words in my mouth.

But you're right about one thing: there are thousands of complaints from workers claiming that Trump never paid them. This is an incredible figure because it shows what a scammer he is in cold, hard numbers.

patrickt
12-18-2016, 04:37 PM
And the link for your claim is where?

patrickt
12-18-2016, 04:38 PM
Absolutely.
Are you and Decedent circulating secret links?

Bethere
12-18-2016, 07:15 PM
Are you and Decedent circulating secret links?

No, but he knows I always have his back.

Bethere
12-18-2016, 07:15 PM

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/elections/2016/06/09/donald-trump-unpaid-bills-republican-president-laswuits/85297274/&ved=0ahUKEwj554rl_P7QAhUm2IMKHcvsCQQQFggmMAQ&usg=AFQjCNHqx9Ia0aVTvqChIcVjsb0NVeXrjQ

stjames1_53
12-18-2016, 07:22 PM
I never said he worked for Trump. You get YOUR facts straight and stop putting words in my mouth.

But you're right about one thing: there are thousands of complaints from workers claiming that Trump never paid them. This is an incredible figure because it shows what a scammer he is in cold, hard numbers.

same...stop putting words in my mouth......and you implied that he sued the contractor by stating thousands of employees.....
so what's your beef? The guy signed a contract woth Trump....he failed to deliver his part of the bargain, Trump had prepared his end. They guy is in breach. He's not an employee, noodge, he's a contractor. So stop being pissy and acknowledge the facts. Contractors work for themselves...........

decedent
12-19-2016, 12:40 AM

According to a USA Today investigation[/URL], Trump has received at least 3,500 official complaints for failing to pay employees, contractors, and other business affiliates money owed. The paper also found at least 60 lawsuits, 24 instances where Trump failed to pay overtime and minimum wage, and countless out-of-court settlements. Among those to whom Trump owed money, according to USA Today: dishwashers, bartenders, painters, real-estate brokers, and ironically, even his own lawyers.

source: [url]http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2016/06/donald-trump-lawsuit-contractors (http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/elections/2016/06/09/donald-trump-unpaid-bills-republican-president-laswuits/85297274/)

Captain Obvious
12-19-2016, 07:15 AM
For great justice

stjames1_53
12-19-2016, 07:20 AM
http://images.memes.com/meme/784770

you forgot your meme..............

AeonPax
12-19-2016, 07:32 AM
`
`
A civil lawsuit. Breach of contract. 10 big ones. BFD. He should drop it.

stjames1_53
12-19-2016, 07:44 AM
`
`
A civil lawsuit. Breach of contract. 10 big ones. BFD. He should drop it.

well, maybe...but the wheels of civil procedures are turning..............