PDA

View Full Version : Reagan Agrees End the Tax Loopholes for Millionaires

jgreer
10-03-2011, 04:27 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgbJ-Fs1ikA&feature=player_embedded#!

Conley
10-03-2011, 04:36 PM
So what happened?

Mister D
10-03-2011, 06:39 PM
And what happened with his amnesty?

Conley
10-03-2011, 06:42 PM
I was reading more about it and it sounds like while Reagan slashed the top tax rate he also made it more standardized so that people were paying what was expected. It seems Congress added the loopholes back in slowly but surely over time. Not really a surprise I guess. Congress. >:(

Mister D
10-03-2011, 06:46 PM
The clas warfare stuff makes me uncomfortable but I do agree with you about the loopholes and such.

MMC
10-04-2011, 12:13 AM
Now we know why Senators and Congressmen believe they have more power than the President. Presidents come and go and how dare they upset our carrots.

Conley
10-04-2011, 10:32 AM
Now we know why Senators and Congressmen believe they have more power than the President. Presidents come and go and how dare they upset our carrots.

Yep and it's easier to pay off a couple of small timers who may be part of a smaller sub committee than paying off the POTUS himself. All they have to do is add the relevant section to a popular bill and it's guaranteed to pass. That's why a lot of times you see these bills that have grand names but tacked on to the end is all the pork. That should be another reform.

Elibe
10-05-2011, 10:43 AM
its crazy but these days democrats are to the right of where reagan used to be

government is much more to the right than it used to be. even in nixons day the question wasnt weather or not to have health care for all it was just a matter of what kind to provide