PDA

View Full Version : Electors Under Siege

hanger4
12-19-2016, 06:59 AM
"The nation’s 538 presidential electors have been thrust into the political foreground like never before in American history. In the aftermath of a uniquely polarizing presidential contest, the once-anonymous electors are squarely in the spotlight, targeted by death threats, harassing phone calls and reams of hate mail. One Texas Republican elector said he’s been bombarded with more than 200,000 emails."

“I never can imagine harassing people like this. It’s just f----- up,” said Jim Rhoades, a Republican elector from Michigan who runs a home inspection service. “I’ve lost a bunch of business.”

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/12/electors-under-siege-232774

To bad the protesters, malcontents and harassers didn't direct their efforts toward the DNC superdelegates not voting the will of their states electorate. There might well have been an entirely different outcome in the Nov. 8th elections.

resister
12-19-2016, 07:15 AM
Yeah...beat his ass...don't vote trump.The tolorent left.Wait, he's not black, never mind

Common
12-19-2016, 07:15 AM
Its not going to work, everything ive read trump is in with no problems. Saturday I was alone in the computer shop, sat is the day alot of guys stop around to shoot the breeze and have coffee. Two were democrats one voted for hillary the other said he couldnt bring himself to vote. BOTH said the left is embarassing themselves acting like total jerks and both said they are going independent. We hear that from democrats all the time

Hanger the liberal progressive scourge that think they are entitle to everything they want and who cater to ever little special interest at the expense of the rest of the country is about 25% of the democrat party.
Like the link I posted from a NY sen theres many Dems coming out AGAINST the liberal far left. I hope they continue they are categorically making fools out of themselves and turning other democrats against them.

MMC
12-19-2016, 07:22 AM
Yep they have threaten to kill the one Michigan Elector, even threatened his wife and kids. Plus they have been sending thousands of emails to them.

Even had their Hollywood Elite make a video to the Electors. (well that's what the MS media calls them, I did think it was funny that they would call their actors.....Elites.) More than half of them.....don't even know who they are let alone be out talking about what they think they know about Trump or the Electoral College)

Oh well, today is the day that Hillary loses for the third time with just one election. Someone let that POS of know she is going down in the History Books as a 3 time loser. :laugh:

MMC
12-19-2016, 07:28 AM
Its not going to work, everything ive read trump is in with no problems. Saturday I was alone in the computer shop, sat is the day alot of guys stop around to shoot the breeze and have coffee. Two were democrats one voted for hillary the other said he couldnt bring himself to vote. BOTH said the left is embarassing themselves acting like total jerks and both said they are going independent. We hear that from democrats all the time

Hanger the liberal progressive scourge that think they are entitle to everything they want and who cater to ever little special interest at the expense of the rest of the country is about 25% of the democrat party.
Like the link I posted from a NY sen theres many Dems coming out AGAINST the liberal far left. I hope they continue they are categorically making fools out of themselves and turning other democrats against them.

Its like I said.....real liberals are calling the illiberals unhinged. BO the peep was even out crying and whining that Hillary wasn't treated fairly. He knows whats up, and knows his legacy is now headed for the shitter.

Someone should have asked him if he needed a tissue for that issue. Then told him STFU with that stupid shit.

Common
12-19-2016, 09:43 AM
Yep they have threaten to kill the one Michigan Elector, even threatened his wife and kids. Plus they have been sending thousands of emails to them.

Even had their Hollywood Elite make a video to the Electors. (well that's what the MS media calls them, I did think it was funny that they would call their actors.....Elites.) More than half of them.....don't even know who they are let alone be out talking about what they think they know about Trump or the Electoral College)

Oh well, today is the day that Hillary loses for the third time with just one election. Someone let that POS of know she is going down in the History Books as a 3 time loser. :laugh:

scumbags

Tahuyaman
12-19-2016, 10:09 AM
The left sure gives the rest of us lessons in the virtues of tolerance when they don't get their way.

Liberals always claim to want unity. They claim to repect dissent and debate. When they have the chance to prove they mean that, they fail every time.

If the Democrats continue on the course they are on right now, their party will implode. Maybe a complete reconstruction from the ground up is their best course of action.

maineman
12-19-2016, 11:42 AM
The left sure gives the rest of us lessons in the virtues of tolerance when they don't get their way.

Liberals always claim to want unity. They claim to repect dissent and debate. When they have the chance to prove they mean that, they fail every time.

If the Democrats continue on the course they are on right now, their party will implode. Maybe a complete reconstruction from the ground up is their best course of action.

there's your new post grunt career, sarge..... giving political advice to democrats. I can imagine a real success story in the making!

Tahuyaman
12-19-2016, 11:50 AM
there's your new post grunt career, sarge..... giving political advice to democrats. I can imagine a real success story in the making!

Typical response from you. Now get back to your post in the latrine.

MMC
12-19-2016, 11:51 AM
scumbags

Question is.....why are we letting Hollywood Liberals walk around talking shit and no one is giving them any flak for it? Its not like they are going to start anything other than trembling. They know the streets aren't a Hollywood set. They do know that much, Right?

Tahuyaman
12-19-2016, 11:56 AM
And as one can see, the hard partisan Democrats are firmly stuck defending the course they are on right now. This is what they demanded and they are too stubborn and prideful to admit that they have misjudged the situation.

It is possible that this could lead to more alternatives than the current two party system. It looks like the Democrats may splinter into several special interest fringe groups.

maineman
12-19-2016, 11:56 AM
Typical response from you. Now get back to your post in the latrine.

we don't have latrines in my branch of the service. They're called heads, and my post was never there.... always on the bridge. I can imagine that latrine is just another word for mess hall for you..... or where you go to pick up dates.

Tahuyaman
12-19-2016, 12:09 PM
Question is.....why are we letting Hollywood Liberals walk around talking $#@! and no one is giving them any flak for it? Its not like they are going to start anything other than trembling. They know the streets aren't a Hollywood set. They do know that much, Right?

They can say whatever they want. People can decide for themselves whether to simply dismiss them or not.

Personally, I like seeing these hacks expose themselves. Their actions show that they are exactly the type of people they claim to oppose.

ripmeister
12-19-2016, 12:40 PM
And as one can see, the hard partisan Democrats are firmly stuck defending the course they are on right now. This is what they demanded and they are too stubborn and prideful to admit that they have misjudged the situation.

It is possible that this could lead to more alternatives than the current two party system. It looks like the Democrats may splinter into several special interest fringe groups.

The D's have always been an amalgamation of different interest groups for the most part.

maineman
12-19-2016, 01:06 PM
Will Rogers said, a long time ago, "I don't belong to any organized political party. I'm a democrat" That disorganization is a constant, and has been for nearly a century.

Don
12-19-2016, 01:08 PM

These "elite" actors are the worst kind of hypocrites. They are anti gun but they surround themselves with armed bodyguards. They live in mansions with swimming pools and spas and elaborate home theaters. They are chauffeured around or drive sports cars. Many have their own jet planes. They use way way way more than their fair share of energy and they add way way way more "greenhouse" gasses to our atmosphere. When they work they earn anywhere from $3000 to $10000 per hour. They can't honestly speak for "working" people.

MMC
12-19-2016, 01:09 PM

Not this Democrat.....she will lose another Electoral vote from Maine. As this guy is now voting for Bernie Sanders. Talk about more humiliation for Hill Dog. She should go crawl back under that rock from whence she came.

Rogue Elector: One Of Maine's Electoral College Votes Is Going To...Bernie Sanders.....

In the 2016 election, Maine had a historic first: it split its Electoral College votes. Donald Trump had an 11-point victory in Maine's 2nd congressional district but lost the state and the 1st congressional district, meaning that he won one electoral vote to Hillary Clinton's three.

Now, it appears as though Clinton will only walk away with two Electoral College votes from the Pine Tree State. One Democrat Elector, David Bright, has said that he will not vote (http://www.pressherald.com/2016/12/19/maine-electoral-college-elector-says-he-will-cast-his-ballot-for-sanders/) for Clinton in today's vote. Instead, he'll be voting for Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT), who handily won (http://townhall.com/tipsheet/christinerousselle/2016/03/06/bernie-sanders-wins-maine-caucuses-n2129576) Maine's Democratic caucus in March.

Bright explained that he is casting his vote for Sanders to send a message to his multitude of young supporters in the state. He also elaborated that he's doing this because doing so would not change the overall outcome of the election.....snip~

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/christi...nders-n2261413 (http://townhall.com/tipsheet/christinerousselle/2016/12/19/rogue-elector-one-of-maines-electoral-college-votes-is-going-tobernie-sanders-n2261413)

Cigar
12-19-2016, 01:09 PM
Sucks when it happens to you ... doesn't it :laugh:

nic34
12-19-2016, 01:13 PM
Guess dtrumpf is really popular in the US, I can see his 'mandate' is already kicking in.....

MMC
12-19-2016, 02:08 PM
Its Official.....the Demo from Maine voted for Bernie Sanders. Taking away one Electoral vote from Hillary. Yeeeehawww <<<<< Howard Dean Yell. :grin:

Tahuyaman
12-19-2016, 02:34 PM
The D's have always been an amalgamation of different interest groups for the most part.

Not nearly to the extent they are now. I know a few older life long Democrats who are completely disgusted with the hard left turn their party has taken on many of the issues.

Tahuyaman
12-19-2016, 02:36 PM
Sucks when it happens to you ... doesn't it :laugh:

Obviously You have no grasp of current events.

Captain Obvious
12-19-2016, 02:46 PM
Obviously You have no grasp of current events.

He's flailing.

When he runs out of newsletter talking point articles he's on his own then he can do only two things, troll and flail.

hanger4
12-19-2016, 03:05 PM
He's flailing.

When he runs out of newsletter talking point articles he's on his own then he can do only two things, troll and flail.

Talking points stipend resinded ??

MisterVeritis
12-19-2016, 03:12 PM
Is the FBI investigating all of these left wing attempts to intimidate electors? Or will we have to wait for an American AG?

Tahuyaman
12-19-2016, 03:24 PM
Is the FBI investigating all of these left wing attempts to intimidate electors? Or will we have to wait for an American AG? The death threats will be ignored.

Subdermal
12-19-2016, 04:07 PM
Two faithless electors thus far.

Both abandoning Hillary.

This is priceless.

Captain Obvious
12-19-2016, 04:11 PM
lawl

Cigar
12-19-2016, 04:12 PM

Both abandoning Hillary.

This is priceless.
Maine elector has vote for Sanders ruled improper, switches vote to Clinton

Source: Associated Press

AUGUSTA, Maine — A Democratic Maine elector’s vote for US Sen. Bernie Sanders was ruled improper Monday and he switched his vote to Hillary Clinton.

Earlier in the day, it appeared that Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders is going to get at least one of Maine’s four electoral votes.

Democratic elector David Bright originally said he’d vote for Sanders only under the unlikely scenario in which Republican President-elect Donald Trump failed to get the necessary 270 votes.

But he said Monday he intends to vote for Sanders anyway to acknowledge the efforts of the young supporters of Sanders, who beat Democrat Hillary Clinton in Maine’s presidential caucuses.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/news/politics/2016/12/19/maine-elector-says-vote-for-sanders-maine-elector-says-vote-for-sanders/rzVD3ijtgKObvn5dbvzddN/story.html

Captain Obvious
12-19-2016, 04:13 PM
The people of the state those Rodham EC voters reneged on should burn the governors mansion down.

Tahuyaman

Both abandoning Hillary.

This is priceless.

It is funny. The Democratic party is crumbling.

Ravens Fan

Both abandoning Hillary.

This is priceless.

It's actually four. And I bet it's all because of the Russians. I'll have proof eventually, I'm sure.

Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hanger4
12-19-2016, 04:22 PM
It's actually four. And I bet it's all because of the Russians. I'll have proof eventually, I'm sure.

Lol

I laughed

The Xl
12-19-2016, 04:33 PM
I'm no fan of Clinton, but the electors should vote for whoever they're supposed to, and Sanders didn't win anything.

Ravens Fan
12-19-2016, 04:35 PM
I'm no fan of Clinton, but the electors should vote for whoever they're supposed to, and Sanders didn't win anything.

I agree, but I find this humorous none the less.

resister
12-19-2016, 04:35 PM
I'm no fan of Clinton, but the electors should vote for whoever they're supposed to, and Sanders didn't win anything.He might have if they did not rig the primaries.
Dems suck so bad they can't even win cheating