PDA

View Full Version : Obama Warns Trump Against Relying On Executive Power

Captain Obvious
12-19-2016, 07:17 AM
What a fucking rube.

:biglaugh:

http://www.npr.org/2016/12/19/505860058/obama-warns-trump-against-relying-on-executive-power

President Obama has some advice for his successor — don't strike out on your own.
Obama turned to executive actions and regulations on a number of big issues like labor, climate and immigration — where Congress had blocked his agenda. It's something Republicans have decried. Some call the president "lawless" for going around the legislative branch.
In an interview with NPR's Steve Inskeep airing on Morning Edition, Obama made it clear it's not the approach he preferred. "My suggestion to the president-elect is, you know, going through the legislative process is always better, in part because it's harder to undo," Obama said.

resister
12-19-2016, 07:20 AM
I'm glad obummer did so much of it.Now trump has a stack of papers to wipe his ass with on the 20th

DGUtley
12-19-2016, 08:15 AM
I didn't read the link but if true I find it incredible. Obama's use of the EO combined with my perception that the Sotomayor / Kagan-led SC liberal majority wouldn't curtail it was one of the (if not the) critical reason I supported Trump. I hope Trump curtails it dramatically. Note: for you Obamabots, it's not the numbers of EO's signed it's the unconstitutional scope of EO's that bothers us.

Cigar
12-19-2016, 08:35 AM
Typical Republicans .... they'll easily forget that President Obama had no choice but use the only choice he had, concidering their ONLY Goal was to make him a one term President and not Govern

Donald Trump has both chambers :wink:

:rollseyes: What a bunch of BS

MMC
12-19-2016, 08:47 AM
Typical Republicans .... they'll easily forget that President Obama had no choice but use the only choice he had, concidering their ONLY Goal was to make him a one term President and not Govern

Posh Puffs are on sale at Target.....you can't miss the display. Their in the center of the aisle. :laugh:

resister
12-19-2016, 08:50 AM
Posh Puffs are on sale at Target.....you can't miss the display. Their in the center of the aisle. :laugh: right next to the preparation H:laugh:

DGUtley
12-19-2016, 11:17 AM
Typical Republicans .... they'll easily forget that President Obama had no choice but use the only choice he had, concidering their ONLY Goal was to make him a one term President and not Govern Donald Trump has both chambers :wink: :rollseyes: What a bunch of BS

No choice? No choice? Violate the constitution was his only choice? Nuclear option was the D's only choice? what a bunch of BS. He had plenty of choices. He could've offered reasonable compromise rather than 'I won, get over it' my-way-or-the-highway. The problem with his tactics is that you folks thought you'd be in power forever. Funny how elections have consequences, huh?

Tahuyaman
12-20-2016, 07:59 AM
I didn't read the link but if true I find it incredible. Obama's use of the EO combined with my perception that the Sotomayor / Kagan-led SC liberal majority wouldn't curtail it was one of the (if not the) critical reason I supported Trump. I hope Trump curtails it dramatically. Note: for you Obamabots, it's not the numbers of EO's signed it's the unconstitutional scope of EO's that bothers us.

I didn't vote for Trump, but I agree on the substance of your comment.

Grizz
12-20-2016, 02:00 PM

Translation: " It's ok that Obama did it because he's my guy". :wink:

birddog
12-20-2016, 02:14 PM
Cigar is such a sore loser, perhaps he should get a Service Dog for therapy. :smiley_ROFLMAO:

Beevee
12-20-2016, 02:29 PM
Translation: " It's ok that Obama did it because he's my guy". :wink:

Is your response to Cigar, or the forum as a whole?

Grizz
12-20-2016, 02:36 PM
Is your response to Cigar, or the forum as a whole?

When I quote someone that's the person I am talking to.
See how that works?

Grizz
12-20-2016, 02:38 PM
As an aside, when I AM linking all Lefty's together it's always clear ;)
I might say things like: "The search for leftwing intelligent life goes on" , or something of that nature.
I hope that helps.

Tahuyaman
12-20-2016, 02:49 PM

:rollseyes: What a bunch of BSRight, he had no choice. After all, attempting to exercise a little leadership and use his powers of persuasion was out of the question. Of course he doesn't have those abilities, but that's a different topic.