PDA

View Full Version : Donald Trump Secures Electoral College Win, With Few Surprises

Captain Obvious
12-19-2016, 10:24 PM
lawl... so I wonder if our counting crow will count these votes for Rodham even though they voted for other candidates. Somehow I doubt it.

Still, I think faithless EC voters should be ostracized, for a number of reasons. Am I saying they don't have the right to vote otherwise even if their votes are overridden by state statute? Nope, not saying that. I'm saying if voters in a state are voting for a candidate (or a party) and the EC disregards their votes cast then those voters should have recourse because their vote was effectively disregarded.

http://www.npr.org/2016/12/19/506188169/donald-trump-poised-to-secure-electoral-college-win-with-few-surprises

Trump secured 304 electoral votes — two fewer than he earned in November, according to the Associated Press, which tracked results from capitol to capitol. That was despite a pitched effort by some on the left who wrote letters to Trump electors trying to persuade them to switch their votes or not vote at all and keep Trump short of the 270 needed.
Not only did it not happen, but more electors tried to defect from Hillary Clinton Monday than from Trump, by a count of seven to two, as of Monday afternoon. Three Democratic electors in Maine, Minnesota, and Colorado tried to vote for candidates other than Clinton. The electors' votes, however, were disallowed because of state rules binding them to the statewide popular vote winner.

hanger4
12-19-2016, 10:29 PM
Reckon how many votes the 4? that didn't vote for Hillary represented ??

Ethereal
12-19-2016, 10:39 PM
"Not only did it not happen, but more electors tried to defect from Hillary Clinton Monday than from Trump, by a count of seven to two, as of Monday afternoon."

Russian conspiracy.

Crepitus
12-20-2016, 01:29 AM
"Not only did it not happen, but more electors tried to defect from Hillary Clinton Monday than from Trump, by a count of seven to two, as of Monday afternoon."

Russian conspiracy.

It is. You've just been taken in by the propaganda.

Ethereal
12-20-2016, 03:27 AM
It is. You've just been taken in by the propaganda.
Ironic post of the year award goes to...

Common
12-20-2016, 05:06 AM
To me the numbers dont matter, its OVER and final and in 30 days trump will have the whitehouse and from there we can judge his and his cabinets performance.

Crepitus
12-20-2016, 07:11 AM
Ironic post of the year award goes to...

There are none so blind as those who will not see.