PDA

View Full Version : Contract to Va. GOP charged with voter registration fraud

Cigar
10-19-2012, 02:16 PM
A man working for a company under contract to the Republican Party of Virginia has been arrested for allegedly discarding Virginia voter registration forms.

Colin Small, 23, of Phoenixville, Pa., was arrested on Thursday by sheriff’s deputies in Rockingham County, in the state’s Shenandoah Valley, on 13 charges of voter registration fraud.

The alleged crime happened on Monday, when a business owner in Harrisonburg, Va., reported that someone had tossed eight voter registration forms in a dump bin behind his store.

The forms had been filled out, placed in a folder and stuffed into a bag, store owner Rob Johnson told a Richmond-area NBC affiliate and said in a posting on his Facebook page.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/dc-politics/republican-campaign-worker-charged-with-voter-registration-fraud/2012/10/19/c07cc378-1a01-11e2-94aa-9240e72ee00b_story.html

Cigar
10-19-2012, 02:34 PM
Oh Come-On ... No ACORN Remarks :)

Calypso Jones
10-19-2012, 02:45 PM
you freakin' liar. I know the area. WELL. And what you're reporting is a far cry from what the actual story is.

Know what i'm more worried about? What James Madison University has been doing since before 2008. They go in and register as residence of the city, go vote, then go back within 60 days and rescind their registration as residents. That way they get to vote in the city thus affecting our local government and then they use their absentee ballots to vote in their home states. They're voting twice. Just like the Maryland democrat who was registered in Florida And in Maryland.

Kizzume
10-19-2012, 02:58 PM
you freakin' liar. I know the area. WELL. And what you're reporting is a far cry from what the actual story is.

Know what i'm more worried about? What James Madison University has been doing since before 2008. They go in and register as residence of the city, go vote, then go back within 60 days and rescind their registration as residents. That way they get to vote in the city thus affecting our local government and then they use their absentee ballots to vote in their home states. They're voting twice. Just like the Maryland democrat who was registered in Florida And in Maryland.

All you have to do is find about GNELF and HNNE and you'll know the answer.

coolwalker
10-19-2012, 03:33 PM
In a statement, Republican Party of Virginia Chairman Pat Mullins said he was “alarmed by the allegations” and that Small was “fired immediately” when the allegations surfaced.

“The Republican Party of Virginia will not tolerate any action by any person that could threaten the integrity of our electoral process,” Mullins said.

We welcome an investigation. This is one idiot who will go to jail and probably have the crap beat out of him.

Calypso Jones
10-19-2012, 03:39 PM
He looks like someone associated with the college. I wouldn't put it past the democrats in this area connected with JMU to have one of their little moles volunteer at the Republican HQ to cause problems and to undermine the vote. I think i've seen mug shots of this guy before.

patrickt
10-19-2012, 03:50 PM
Regardless, the fool who started this thread has repeatedly said there is no election fraud and he opposes all efforts to end it. If this guy was engaged in election fraud I hope he is prosecuted and if guilty convicted and sentenced. If he was a Democrat he'd have a job as a Democrat Party Operative.

coolwalker
10-19-2012, 04:17 PM
With just a little digging:

Colin Small, a 23-year-old Phoenixville, Pa., native, was an unpaid intern in Rep. Mike Kelly (http://www.rollcall.com/members/31250.html)’s (R) Washington, D.C., office from September 2011 to December 2011.

“Congressman Kelly has not seen Colin since he left our office last December,” the Pennsylvania lawmaker’s spokeswoman, Julia Thornton, said in an email.

“Colin fulfilled standard intern responsibilities, including answering phones, handling mail, greeting visitors, and providing research for staff on an as-needed basis,” she continued. “His internship ended in December when the semester was over. He left on good terms and in good standing.”

coolwalker
10-19-2012, 04:20 PM
Something smells here. I can't put my finger on it, but I'll bet his Facebook or Twitter accounts will reveal who he really is.

Cigar
10-19-2012, 06:01 PM
Deny Deny Deny. :grin:

Peter1469
10-19-2012, 08:27 PM
Let's prosecute all voter fraud; and then sort out the score between Dems and GOP after the fact. Deal?

Calypso Jones
10-19-2012, 08:43 PM
What he had done was to take Rep voter registration forms, FILLED IN ONES, and try to destroy them behind the Tuesday Morning store which is a few blocks over from the Rep Headquarters. Get it. He was Destroying Rep Voter Registration forms. Why, it's ALMOST as if he wanted to make it more difficult for republican voters to vote.

Now....WHO would do a thing like that? hmmmmmmmm. let me think.