PDA

View Full Version : Romney Polling…

Taxcutter
10-20-2012, 10:08 AM
…in historic perspective.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/robbins-report/2012/oct/18/romney-outpolling-carter-reagan-bush-i-clinton-bus/#.UIInBqxXgKQ.twitter (http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/robbins-report/2012/oct/18/romney-outpolling-carter-reagan-bush-i-clinton-bus/#.UIInBqxXgKQ.twitter)

In short, he’s ahead of where the lastsix Presidents were at this point in their first election.

Trinnity
10-20-2012, 07:12 PM
I've thought for 2 years .... since the 2010 ass-whoopin', a big ass whoopin was coming in 2012. All you who said this was gonna be close - I didn't believe that and I still don't. So, I am sticking my neck out with my bold position. I still stand by it.

Morningstar
10-20-2012, 07:29 PM
I've thought for 2 years .... since the 2010 ass-whoopin', a big ass whoopin was coming in 2012. All you who said this was gonna be close - I didn't believe that and I still don't. So, I am sticking my neck out with my bold position. I still stand by it.

It could be close, because of the electoral college.

This system is outdated.

Trinnity
10-20-2012, 07:49 PM
It could be close, because of the electoral college.

This system is outdated.The reasons for the electoral college are sound. I'm not in favor of monkeying with the Constitution.

Captain Obvious
10-20-2012, 07:50 PM
The reasons for the electoral college are sound. I'm not in favor of monkeying with the Constitution.

Why are they sound?

Trinnity
10-20-2012, 07:52 PM
Why are they sound?Oh good grief, I'm mot gonna get into all that. Not worth the effort. I like the electoral college.

Morningstar
10-20-2012, 07:54 PM
The reasons for the electoral college are sound. I'm not in favor of monkeying with the Constitution.

No. They're not.

The electoral college is based on an idea that the President is merely a figurehead, and ultimate commander-in-chief. Like the Secretary General of the UN. No real power. But that has changed, drastically...

Morningstar
10-20-2012, 07:55 PM
Originally, each State was a nation unto itself. Sovereign. That is no longer the case.

So I feel that the President should be chosen by popular vote, these days.

Captain Obvious
10-20-2012, 07:55 PM
Oh good grief, I'm mot gonna get into all that. Not worth the effort. I like the electoral college.

Weak.

Calypso Jones
10-20-2012, 08:01 PM
Originally, each State was a nation unto itself. Sovereign. That is no longer the case.

I could go with that IF and ONLY IF we go back to the states appointing their senators rather than electing them.

Peter1469
10-20-2012, 08:08 PM

Under the Articles of Confederation, sure.

Under the Constitution, the States were sovereign in all things not delegated to the Federal Government, largely found in Art. 1, sec. 8, US Const. As those that, the Federal Government was sovereign.

Trinnity
10-20-2012, 08:18 PM
Weak.I don't care. Issues that I've discussed many times in the past....I get tired of going over it all again.

It's just laziness. Meh~

Trinnity
10-20-2012, 08:22 PM

So I feel that the President should be chosen by popular vote, these days.I would prefer the power go back to the states instead of negating the EC. The pendulum swings and it will swing toward the Constitution again. It may be too late by then though.....or maybe not. Americans are learning a profound lesson now.

No one wants to admit it, but we're living in a depression era mentality. People are growing their own food, using their fireplaces or turning the heat down to 60 and using a plug in heater in the room they "live in", hunting, giving up their credit cards and living on what they make, fixing their old cars and trucks instead of replacing them, etc.

People are becoming resourceful again out of sheer necessity. I've never seen anything close to it in my lifetime, and I'm 53.

Captain Obvious
10-20-2012, 08:24 PM
I don't care. Issues that I've discussed many times in the past....I get tired of going over it all again.

It's just laziness. Meh~

I see.

Trinnity
10-20-2012, 08:39 PM
I see.And stop giving me the finger.

Captain Obvious
10-20-2012, 08:43 PM
And stop giving me the finger.

I feel kinda shluffed off here, help me understand why you think the electoral college is effective.