PDA

View Full Version : Romney wins in a landslide -- Las Vegas oddsmaker doubles down on prediction

garyo
10-20-2012, 07:04 PM
I thought this to be thought provoking.

Yes, you read that headline correctly. I am a Las Vegas oddsmaker (and former Libertarian vice presidential candidate) and here's why I am so boldly predicting a Romney landslide.

In November of 2004, only days before the presidential election, I went on CNBC and predicted a Bush victory by 3 points and 30 electoral votes. Every poll at the time showed Kerry in the lead. Bush won by 3 and 35. Newsmax magazine called it the most accurate prediction of 2004.

In October of 2006, I went on Fox News to predict the GOP would get slaughtered in the midterm election and lose Congress. They did.

In December 2011, before the GOP primary, I predicted Mitt Romney would win the GOP presidential nomination and go on to win the presidency. For the next few months, Romney trailed by a wide margin to a range of contenders -- Donald Trump, Rick Perry, Herman Cain, Michele Bachmann, Newt Gingrich, Rick Santorum. It seemed no one wanted Mitt for president. It seemed no one believed in Mitt. No one, that is, except this Las Vegas oddsmaker and capitalist evangelist.

Fast forward to Spring 2012 after Romney clinched the GOP nomination, but trailed in every poll to President Obama. I boldly predicted a Mitt Romney landslide on Election Day, November 6.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/10/09/romney-will-win-in-landslide-las-vegas-oddsmaker-doubles-down-on-prediction/#ixzz29t4HQBEO

Morningstar
10-20-2012, 07:09 PM
Nobody knows what the Libertarian/Ron Paul write-in numbers will be, though.

If it was only Romney vs. Obama, it would be an easy call for Romney.

GrassrootsConservative
10-20-2012, 07:10 PM
Been saying this ever since Benghazi. The American people want a president who defends America. I think they realize now that we don't.

Captain Obvious
10-20-2012, 07:15 PM
Been saying this ever since Benghazi. The American people want a president who defends America. I think they realize now that we don't.

Disagree.

Jobs and economy outweigh "terrorism" by a longshot.

GrassrootsConservative
10-20-2012, 07:17 PM
Disagree.

Jobs and economy outweigh "terrorism" by a longshot.

Well we can all agree that Odumba fails there too.

Captain Obvious
10-20-2012, 07:21 PM
Well we can all agree that Odumba fails there too.

Agreed

Calypso Jones
10-20-2012, 08:11 PM
Do not pray for a Romney win. Pray for a Romney Landslide. We can't allow Democrats to pull another Election 2000.

birddog
10-20-2012, 08:35 PM
I thought this to be thought provoking.

Yes, you read that headline correctly. I am a Las Vegas oddsmaker (and former Libertarian vice presidential candidate) and here's why I am so boldly predicting a Romney landslide.

In November of 2004, only days before the presidential election, I went on CNBC and predicted a Bush victory by 3 points and 30 electoral votes. Every poll at the time showed Kerry in the lead. Bush won by 3 and 35. Newsmax magazine called it the most accurate prediction of 2004.

In October of 2006, I went on Fox News to predict the GOP would get slaughtered in the midterm election and lose Congress. They did.

In December 2011, before the GOP primary, I predicted Mitt Romney would win the GOP presidential nomination and go on to win the presidency. For the next few months, Romney trailed by a wide margin to a range of contenders -- Donald Trump, Rick Perry, Herman Cain, Michele Bachmann, Newt Gingrich, Rick Santorum. It seemed no one wanted Mitt for president. It seemed no one believed in Mitt. No one, that is, except this Las Vegas oddsmaker and capitalist evangelist.

Fast forward to Spring 2012 after Romney clinched the GOP nomination, but trailed in every poll to President Obama. I boldly predicted a Mitt Romney landslide on Election Day, November 6.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/10/09/romney-will-win-in-landslide-las-vegas-oddsmaker-doubles-down-on-prediction/#ixzz29t4HQBEO

Let me get this straight Garyo, Are you quoting Wayne Root, or are you he?

I saw the interview recently on fox News.