PDA

View Full Version : Trump didn't convince Sprint to bring back 5,000 jobs. But he wants credit for it.

Bo-4
12-29-2016, 11:29 AM
There he went again - spouting off about how gloomy the world was prior to 11-8 and now everything is coming up roses.

:rolleyes:

Sprint is bringing 5,000 jobs back to the United States — and President-elect Donald Trump (https://mic.com/topic/donald-trump) wants credit for it.

"Because of me they are doing 5,000 jobs in this country," Trump said (https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/dec/28/donald-trump-claims-credit-creating-8000-jobs-sprint-one-web)late Wednesday afternoon at his Mar-a-Lago estate in Palm Beach, Florida.

But Sprint had already had plans to bring these jobs to the United States.

The jobs are tied to an October announcement (http://www.cnbc.com/2016/10/13/softbank-saudi-arabia-plan-100-billion-tech-vision-fund-based-in-london.html) from Japan's SoftBank — Sprint's parent company — and Saudi Arabia's wealth fund, which stated they were launching a $100 billion tech fund together to invest in both start-ups and established tech companies such as Sprint, the New York Times reported (http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/12/28/us/politics/donald-trump-sprint-jobs.html?referer=).

https://mic.com/articles/163649/trump-didn-t-convince-sprint-to-bring-back-5-000-jobs-but-he-wants-credit-for-it#.QIjTaODHc

Cigar
12-29-2016, 11:47 AM
Well you and I knew this ... :laugh:

Bo-4
12-29-2016, 11:49 AM
Well you and I knew this ... :laugh:

He reminds me a little of Mittens after his "Let Detroit Go Bankrupt" op-ed and Detroit bounced back.

"I take a lot of credit for that" :grin:

Cigar
12-29-2016, 11:59 AM
He reminds me a little of Mittens after his "Let Detroit Go Bankrupt" op-ed and Detroit bounced back.

"I'll take credit for that" :grin:

We will have 4 years of the BS taking credit for sh!t he's not doing because he's trying to compete with Obama.

Childish, but that's what we have ... and child who is needy.

Cigar
12-29-2016, 12:05 PM
Donald Trump Holds a Micro Press Conference, Comes Off As an Idiot

http://www.motherjones.com/kevin-drum/2016/12/donald-trump-holds-micro-press-conference-comes-idiot

Kevin Drum
Dec. 29, 2016 12:48 AM

We've had a busy day of Trump news. I know you all want to be on top of things, so here's the latest. First, Trump was asked what he thought about Sen. Lindsey Graham's statement that sanctions were due against Russia and Vladimir Putin for their hacking during the election. Check out his reply:

I think that computers have complicated lives very greatly. The whole age of computer has made it where nobody knows exactly what is going on. We have speed, we have a lot of other things, but I’m not sure we have the kind the security we need. But I have not spoken with the senators and I will certainly will be over a period of time.

Later, asked about Israeli settlements on the West Bank, Trump produced another bit of word salad that made it clear he had no idea what a settlement even was. This is probably why Trump hasn't spoken to the press in such a long time. This kind of callow blather might have been entertaining when it was coming from a buffoon candidate who had no chance of winning, but not when it's coming from the president-elect.

In other news, Politico reports that Trump was irritated by President Obama’s comments at Pearl Harbor yesterday. Obama said, "even when hatred burns hottest, even when the tug of tribalism is at its most primal, we must resist the urge to turn inward. We must resist the urge to demonize those who are different." Those are fairly boilerplate remarks, but "these felt to Trump like direct criticism of the president-elect, according to two people close to Trump." Gee, I wonder why?

Finally, Trump announced that Sprint was bringing 5,000 jobs back to America. "I just spoke with the head person," Trump told Bloomberg. "He said because of me they're doing 5,000 jobs in this country." Here's how it played in the nation's press:

http://www.motherjones.com/files/blog_trump_credit_sprint_jobs.jpg

The skepticism in these headlines turns out to be warranted. Trump did indeed desperately try to take credit for this, and you will be unsurprised to learn that he was lying. First of all, Sprint announced these jobs back in April. Here's the Kansas City Star: "Sprint Corp. is launching a nationwide service to hand-deliver new phones to customers in their homes. The Direct 2 You service, which first rolled out in a Kansas City pilot, will lead to the hiring of about 5,000 mostly full-time employees as it spreads nationwide."

Second, the Japanese owner of Sprint, Softbank, announced in October that it was creating a huge tech investment fund.

Third, in December, Softbank's CEO announced the fund again after a meeting with Trump, and said that one part of the whole package was the creation of 50,000 new jobs. Today, Sprint reluctantly conceded that its 5,000 jobs were part of the previously announced 50,000 jobs.

And finally, these jobs were announced yet again today.

That makes four times these jobs have been announced. Donald Trump was responsible for none of them.

Actually, it wasn't entertaining even back then.

exotix
12-29-2016, 12:07 PM
The Logan Act doesn't apply to Dumpf.

Bo-4
12-29-2016, 12:10 PM
We will have 4 years of the BS taking credit for sh!t he's not doing because he's trying to compete with Obama.

Childish, but that's what we have ... and child who is needy.

Hilarious - after all his Obama trashing - he got a call from Obama who's on vacation in Hawaii.

Suddenly - Everything was great and the transition is going awesome.

Literally - he needs an adult supervisor 24/7/365

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump-blasts-obama-disrupting-smooth-transition/story?id=44431926

Cigar
12-29-2016, 12:13 PM
Hilarious - after all his Obama trashing - he got a call from Obama who's on vacation in Hawaii.

Suddenly - Everything was great and the transition is going awesome.

Literally - he needs an adult supervisor 24/7/365

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump-blasts-obama-disrupting-smooth-transition/story?id=44431926

Someone had to be Presidential and a Adult ... maybe Trump learned something yesterday.

Or maybe Obama just called him to tell him to STFU :laugh:

Safety
12-29-2016, 12:26 PM
Trump supporters must be getting their talking points ready before responding.

Bo-4
12-29-2016, 12:35 PM
Someone had to be Presidential and a Adult ... maybe Trump learned something yesterday.

Or maybe Obama just called him to tell him to STFU :laugh:

The last guy in his ear wins .. at least for an hour or two.

That will likely ofttimes be General Flynn the conspiracy goon -

Comforting

gamewell45
12-29-2016, 12:36 PM

Since there is no defense of what Trump said, it's quite likely they will remain silent.

Bo-4
12-29-2016, 12:40 PM

stjames busily scouring PJMedia and Drudge for the REAL scoop.

http://static.wixstatic.com/media/a4e6d6_c8b64e6992444507bba56057178b9329.png_srz_15 2_119_85_22_0.50_1.20_0.00_png_srz

AZ Jim
12-29-2016, 12:50 PM
Soon the Hillary hatred will be dwarfed by the knowledge of what they did. They will see the emperor without his clothes (Oh the horror)!!

Bo-4
12-29-2016, 12:52 PM
Soon the Hillary hatred will be dwarfed by the knowledge of what they did. They will see the emperor without his clothes (Oh the horror)!!

Indeed :huh:

http://www.naba.ps/arabic/thumbgen.php?im=../images_lib/images/3_1471595351_1539.jpeg&w=350

Safety
12-29-2016, 12:55 PM
Since there is no defense of what Trump said, it's quite likely they will remain silent.

I have faith that they will send a sacrificial lamb into the fray.

Beevee
12-29-2016, 01:10 PM
Indeed :huh:

http://www.naba.ps/arabic/thumbgen.php?im=../images_lib/images/3_1471595351_1539.jpeg&w=350

That's a small band aid.

Dangermouse
12-29-2016, 01:26 PM
That's a small band aid.

It's more like a blanket!

Tahuyaman
12-29-2016, 01:39 PM
I love watching the left wingers hyperventilate over everything Trump says.

del
12-29-2016, 03:47 PM
i love watching tallulah lie

Beevee
12-29-2016, 03:56 PM

Better than hyperventilating at everything that Trump does.
Like grabbing them by the p*s*y.

gamewell45
12-29-2016, 05:42 PM

Well, it would be nice if Trump told the truth once in a while, unfortunately that is not the case with him.

Tahuyaman
12-29-2016, 06:15 PM
Better than hyperventilating at everything that Trump does.
Like grabbing them by the p*s*y.

sooner or later, you're going to need to drop that meme.

Tahuyaman
12-29-2016, 06:16 PM
Well, it would be nice if Trump told the truth once in a while, unfortunately that is not the case with him.

At least he beat the serial liar and spared us from having to endure four years of her screeching.

Crepitus
12-29-2016, 06:51 PM
I have faith that they will send a sacrificial lamb into the fray.

Your turn tahu....?

Bo-4
12-29-2016, 07:48 PM
i love watching tallulah lie

Not just that he lies .. more like his responses are created by an auto-response software program of some sort:

Like: Fun to watch the Lib-rul meltdown

Honestly .. Talulah got nothing EVER ...

HI-larious!

Put him on ignore like i did .. you'll not be sorry :D

del
12-29-2016, 08:00 PM
Not just that he lies .. more like his responses are created by an auto-response software program of some sort:

HI-larious!

nah, he makes me laugh

he reminds me of this guy, without the cool lightning bolts

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-EpXTguttqVo/VeDjUUd4UwI/AAAAAAAAUHw/GgWqiQRLxD0/s1600/lost%2Bin%2Bspace%2Brobot%2B4.gif

Bethere
12-29-2016, 08:04 PM
nah, he makes me laugh

he reminds me of this guy, without the cool lighning bolts

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-EpXTguttqVo/VeDjUUd4UwI/AAAAAAAAUHw/GgWqiQRLxD0/s1600/lost%2Bin%2Bspace%2Brobot%2B4.gif

Danger Will Robinson!

Common
12-29-2016, 08:06 PM
I was reading this thread and laughing, every time you post something the parrots like to jump you.
Your too nice to them, they run away when you get in their face and ask them direct questions, they have no answers other than whining and blaming trump and right leaning posters. Its more fun reading than posting

Beevee
12-29-2016, 08:20 PM

My meme died in 1981. But thanks for asking.

ripmeister
12-29-2016, 09:22 PM
I'm not hyperventilating. Trump doesn't do much that suprises me after watching him over the past year and a half. I've always contended he is nothing but a salesman who would have made PT proud. That said, it suprises me that things of this nature don't bother you and others.

gamewell45
12-30-2016, 06:20 AM
At least he beat the serial liar and spared us from having to endure four years of her screeching.
Perhaps, but now we have to put up with four years of Trump lying. That will get pretty old with the American people pretty fast in my opinion.

stjames1_53
12-30-2016, 07:07 AM
Perhaps, but now we have to put up with four years of Trump lying. That will get pretty old with the American people pretty fast in my opinion.
If you like____________ you can keep it/them
It'll be the most affordable............
yeah, right

patrickt
12-30-2016, 07:10 AM
I've never trusted him since he said, "If you like your insurance you can keep your insurance."

patrickt
12-30-2016, 07:13 AM

No, it's just rude to interrupt a liberal circle jerk. I just don't care. I've been mad at Mr. Trump ever since he promised to bankrupt the coal companies and then had his flunkies deny that he did it.

I honestly think Donald Trump cares about no one but Donald Trump but that puts him one up on the president who hates all of us.

Tahuyaman
12-30-2016, 09:14 AM

HI-larious!

And there's your usual response.....

Tahuyaman
12-30-2016, 09:17 AM

If he proves to be a serial liar in the mode of Hillary Clinton, or an incompetent, indecisive and corrupt president like Obama, I'll comment on that then.

patrickt
12-30-2016, 09:57 AM

You're predicting his lies. With President Obama it's all on the record, and on video, for the world to see. But, for the next for years there is the possibility we will have a president instead of a king who rules, rules, mind you, with a pen and a phone.

And, with Israel and Russia and Syria and the lands seized in the U.S. and the plethora of last minute odious regulations the President who hates America is trying to make his presidency extend indefinitely. And does anyone think his hatred of America will end when he leaves office?

gamewell45
12-30-2016, 10:58 AM
You're predicting his lies. With President Obama it's all on the record, and on video, for the world to see. But, for the next for years there is the possibility we will have a president instead of a king who rules, rules, mind you, with a pen and a phone.

And, with Israel and Russia and Syria and the lands seized in the U.S. and the plethora of last minute odious regulations the President who hates America is trying to make his presidency extend indefinitely. And does anyone think his hatred of America will end when he leaves office?
Patrick, Obama is leaving office in three weeks; no one cares about him anymore, he's old news. People are concerned about the future, that's why there is so much concern about Trumps honesty or lack thereof and if he continues like he has been, this country will really have problems which will make Obama look like a saint.

ripmeister
01-01-2017, 08:31 PM
If he proves to be a serial liar in the mode of Hillary Clinton, or an incompetent, indecisive and corrupt president like Obama, I'll comment on that then.
Do you actually need more proof that he is a serial liar?

Tahuyaman
01-01-2017, 09:40 PM
Do you actually need more proof that he is a serial liar?

Yes.

Subdermal
01-02-2017, 01:03 AM
Nearly 4 pages stand as an example of how liberals 'learn' something.

1. Start with a leftist op-ed that they willingly guzzle down as solid "news".

2. Instantly convince themselves and each other that drawn inferences cannot be distinguished from fact.

3. Jerk the circle, reinforcing perceptions.

Softbank's CEO is on record saying that he's investing in the US because of Trump. Softbank owns Sprint. (http://www.thedenverchannel.com/newsy/softbank-ceo-gives-trump-8000-new-us-jobs-to-tout)

Sprint had just cut 2,500 jobs. Clearly there was a 180˚ shift in policy, and it happened in less than a year. Sprint's announcement to bring back 5000 jobs took place after Trump's announcement. (http://newsroom.sprint.com/news-releases/sprint-announces-commitment-to-create-or-bring-back-to-america-5000-jobs.htm)

I have no doubt Son believes that Trump is friendly towards the notion of allowing a merger between Sprint and T-Mobile. That is what Son wants. I have no doubt that such a motivation provides equally great motivation to assist Trump win this PR battle with imbeciles who cannot abide the notion that Trump could actually make good on his promises.

Leftists truly are mentally ill.

ripmeister
01-02-2017, 02:47 PM
Yes.
Then you are kidding yourself. As they say you can lead a horse to water.