PDA

View Full Version : New Year's Eve Protests

Fagan_the_Pagan
12-29-2016, 11:25 PM
Anti-Trump protests sprung up in the immediate aftermath of the election, and they are not going away. Having started on the 19th, a website called Refusefascism.org (http://www.refusefascism.org) has begun a call to action for "A Month of Resistance" leading up to the Inauguration.

Donald Trump, the President-elect, is assembling a regime of grave danger. Millions of people in the US and around the world are filled with deep anxiety, fear, and disgust. Our anguish is right and just. Our anger must now become massive resistance –before Donald Trump is inaugurated and has the full reins of power in his hand
Should we fail to rise with determination and daring in our millions now to stop this, the consequences for humanity will be disastrous. We, the undersigned, know in the depths of our beings, the catastrophe that will befall the people of the world should the Trump/Pence regime assume full power.
We therefore CALL FOR A MONTH OF RESISTANCE beginning on December 19th, reaching a crescendo by the January 20th 2017 Inauguration Day.
Our resistance must spread rapidly to every sphere and every corner of the country. Because we refuse to accept a fascist America, millions must rise up in a resistance with a deep determination such that we create a political crisis that prevents the Trump/Pence fascist regime from consolidating its hold on the governance of society

Now, a very vocal contingent here will dismiss these protests as left-wing whining. Some valid arguments will be made, and some less valid. Others will be eager to learn where these are to take place. Currently there are protest scheduled in NYC, LA, San Francisco, Houston, Cleveland, Chicago, Boston, Portland (Maine), Seattle, Atlanta, and more.

If you are among those interested, in addition to discussing here, you can check out their website, go to one of the protests (there are facebook event pages. I can help you find them if you wish. For instance, the LA protest page is here: https://www.facebook.com/e (https://www.facebook.com/events/226979761079904/?utm_source=UCLA+list+serves&utm_campaign=3a08f983e5-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2016_12_29&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_db3c718ae2-3a08f983e5-)vents/226979761079904/)

Now, what do we think of this?

Ethereal
12-29-2016, 11:46 PM
I think it's more than a little convenient that such protests are only popping up now even though Obama's policies have been just as "fascist" as any previous president's. Lest we forget, the NSA is spying on the electronic activities of every American absent any valid suspicion or probable cause. Sounds awfully fascist to me. And then there is the NDAA which authorizes indefinite detention of virtually anyone anywhere in the world without due process. Or Obama's war on whistle-blowers. Or his many new wars. I'm just wondering where all the concern over "fascism" was during the past eight years.

crowonapost
12-30-2016, 01:21 AM
I think it's more than a little convenient that such protests are only popping up now even though Obama's policies have been just as "fascist" as any previous president's. Lest we forget, the NSA is spying on the electronic activities of every American absent any valid suspicion or probable cause. Sounds awfully fascist to me. And then there is the NDAA which authorizes indefinite detention of virtually anyone anywhere in the world without due process. Or Obama's war on whistle-blowers. Or his many new wars. I'm just wondering where all the concern over "fascism" was during the past eight years.
That's because he's soft fascist. The entire modern Democratic Party is soft fascist. They are the abused wife enabler. The GOP is the instigator, the abuser. And daddy just got the presidents stash...coke-meth, the meta - self absorption for cash.

You thought the enabler was bad wait till you experience the trust fund billionaire meth head.

GrassrootsConservative
12-30-2016, 01:39 AM
Someone should tell these protesting retards that the election is over and protests don't decide who is president. Votes decide president. Why didn't these retards go vote for the one they wanted a month and a half ago? It's any wonder Obama ever got elected. It's becoming clear these retards know absolutely nothing about America or her political process.

Alas, I say let them cry and bitch and whine and pee their pants some more. They're only showing us who they really are.

Bethere
12-30-2016, 01:45 AM
Someone should tell these protesting retards that the election is over and protests don't decide who is president. Votes decide president. Why didn't these retards go vote for the one they wanted a month and a half ago? It's any wonder Obama ever got elected. It's becoming clear these retards know absolutely nothing about America or her political process.

Alas, I say let them cry and $#@! and whine and pee their pants some more. They're only showing us who they really are.

There is nothing funny about mental retardation.

GrassrootsConservative
12-30-2016, 01:53 AM

Ok. Do you have anything relevant to contribute to the thread?

crowonapost
12-30-2016, 01:57 AM

Being retarded or slow in thought is an issue for many afflicted Americans. What about that do you think is not 'adding' to the discussion?

GrassrootsConservative
12-30-2016, 02:04 AM
Being retarded or slow in thought is an issue for many afflicted Americans. What about that do you think is not 'adding' to the discussion?

It has nothing to do with the thread about protests. But you should know that. You seem like a reasonably intelligent person.

crowonapost
12-30-2016, 02:13 AM
It has nothing to do with the thread about protests. But you should know that. You seem like a reasonably intelligent person.

I agree. It was brought up. I responded to it's myopic mentality. For the sake of someone like you to elevate it.
Thank you.

GrassrootsConservative
12-30-2016, 02:19 AM
I agree. It was brought up. I responded to it's myopic mentality. For the sake of someone like you to elevate it.
Thank you.

But why did he bring it up? What was with the random comment about there's nothing funny about mental retardation? I was talking about the protesters. Then that happened. Now the whole thread is gone. Mine was the last post anywhere near on-topic.

Bethere
12-30-2016, 02:35 AM
But why did he bring it up? What was with the random comment about there's nothing funny about mental retardation? I was talking about the protesters. Then that happened. Now the whole thread is gone. Mine was the last post anywhere near on-topic.
You used the word retard as an insult three times in one post, making my statement relevant.

In fact, there's nothing funny about mental retardation.

GrassrootsConservative
12-30-2016, 03:05 AM
You used the word retard as an insult three times in one post, making my statement relevant.

Was I saying something that made it seem like it's funny? I don't think it's funny at all.

AeonPax
12-30-2016, 04:01 AM
`
`
You'd expect the hypersensitive to get all worked up about the colloquial and informal use of the word "retard." True, it's not considered PC (especially) and in poor taste but as long as this non-issue can be used to derail a thread, they'll go for it.

FindersKeepers
12-30-2016, 04:25 AM
A

Now, a very vocal contingent here will dismiss these protests as left-wing whining. Some valid arguments will be made, and some less valid. Others will be eager to learn where these are to take place. Currently there are protest scheduled in NYC, LA, San Francisco, Houston, Cleveland, Chicago, Boston, Portland (Maine), Seattle, Atlanta, and more.

I wouldn't exactly characterize it as "whining," but I would say that, at its foundation, it's really protesting against the collective will of the people as represented through our electoral process. And, that makes it odd. A bit odd. Counterproductive.

There is nothing to gain from these protests. No one will force Trump to step down. He won't do so voluntarily. So what is the purpose? Just to be seen?

Someone did a study, early on, in the days just after the election, and found that something like 70% of the protesters at that time had not voted in the election. I'm guessing the political breakdown would be similar in these latest protests. And, what does that tell us?

It tell us -- it tells me at least -- that the protesters are not interested in our electoral process or in the running of our nation nearly as much as they are interested in being associated with a popular cause. Bandwagon riders.

I understand the drive of the youthful to find their place in the world and attempt to establish their generation as one of change and value.

I just don't think this is an effective use of time. But, if any of them gain a bit of knowledge about our electoral process and what it means to be an American citizen, it can't be all bad.

I will, as you probably suspect, pass.

Common
12-30-2016, 04:33 AM

The only difference was Obama was a democrat and to be defended at all costs as opposed to a republican.
The more they rage and blame everyone else, they more they will lose

FindersKeepers
12-30-2016, 04:37 AM

It faded away -- along with the Occupy Wall St movement that also faded when Obama took office. You could feel their confusion and resistance to becoming irrelevant -- but they had no choice. They protested on the belief that it was all GWB's fault -- the neocons -- PNAC. When Obama stepped up, although nothing changed, their focus was gone. Code Pink dwindled down to a handful of obstinates that went around kissing dictators, but the MSM no longer followed them.

We're getting ready to see a resurgence because that's all they've got -- a fierce need to tear down anything they think opposes them.

Problem is -- they're not bright enough to know what really opposes them. And so it's humorous to watch them flail about in all their colorful fury and outrage.

Clueless rebels all.

FindersKeepers
12-30-2016, 04:38 AM
`
`
You'd expect the hypersensitive to get all worked up about the colloquial and informal use of the word "retard." True, it's not considered PC (especially) and in poor taste but as long as this non-issue can be used to derail a thread, they'll go for it.

You nailed it.

Common
12-30-2016, 05:06 AM
It faded away -- along with the Occupy Wall St movement that also faded when Obama took office. You could feel their confusion and resistance to becoming irrelevant -- but they had no choice. They protested on the belief that it was all GWB's fault -- the neocons -- PNAC. When Obama stepped up, although nothing changed, their focus was gone. Code Pink dwindled down to a handful of obstinates that went around kissing dictators, but the MSM no longer followed them.

We're getting ready to see a resurgence because that's all they've got -- a fierce need to tear down anything they think opposes them.

Problem is -- they're not bright enough to know what really opposes them. And so it's humorous to watch them flail about in all their colorful fury and outrage.

Clueless rebels all.
All this wild raging and whining about the election, the incredulous need for adults to seek professional counseling because they cant stop crying and are so emotionally distraught. SERIOUSLY, and these are not conservatives seeking mental help.
What these rioters like Code Pink, Occupy Wall Street, BLM and all the other ragers and those that demand YOU WILL COMPLY TO WHAT I WANT crowd, need to realize, no one gives a shit or gives a thought to you freezing your ass off, getting gassed and waterhosed by police when you go to far and threaten business and citizens. No one even gives you a thought during their day unless they see it on the news or glance at a headline in the paper. No one cares, except those that are so inclined and they dont change anyones mind.

stjames1_53
12-30-2016, 05:45 AM
That's because he's soft fascist. The entire modern Democratic Party is soft fascist. They are the abused wife enabler. The GOP is the instigator, the abuser. And daddy just got the presidents stash...coke-meth, the meta - self absorption for cash.

You thought the enabler was bad wait till you experience the trust fund billionaire meth head.

you win the Stupidest Post of the decade....................congrats

stjames1_53
12-30-2016, 05:48 AM

.....you're funny............

FindersKeepers
12-30-2016, 07:04 AM
All this wild raging and whining about the election, the incredulous need for adults to seek professional counseling because they cant stop crying and are so emotionally distraught. SERIOUSLY, and these are not conservatives seeking mental help.
What these rioters like Code Pink, Occupy Wall Street, BLM and all the other ragers and those that demand YOU WILL COMPLY TO WHAT I WANT crowd, need to realize, no one gives a shit or gives a thought to you freezing your ass off, getting gassed and waterhosed by police when you go to far and threaten business and citizens. No one even gives you a thought during their day unless they see it on the news or glance at a headline in the paper. No one cares, except those that are so inclined and they dont change anyones mind.

Great way to articulate the mentality of these groups -- your emboldened words.

These protesters crave the attention and respect the protesters from the 60s got, but with their special brand of snow-flakiness, instead of commanding respect, society as a whole, rolls its eyes. They are hypersensitive and juvenile, stomping their feet and sticking out their bottom lips -- but, without a demonstrable cause -- they are silly and irrelevant.

"I don't like the president-elect" is NOT a cause. It's a middle school mantra.

Ethereal
12-30-2016, 08:58 AM

You are in no position to police the behavior of other posters. You're just embarrassing yourself, if anything.

Crepitus
12-30-2016, 09:18 AM

Oh, I don't know.... I occasionally find grassroots conservative amusing.

Crepitus
12-30-2016, 09:24 AM
I wouldn't exactly characterize it as "whining," but I would say that, at its foundation, it's really protesting against the collective will of the people as represented through our electoral process. And, that makes it odd. A bit odd. Counterproductive.

There is nothing to gain from these protests. No one will force Trump to step down. He won't do so voluntarily. So what is the purpose? Just to be seen?

Someone did a study, early on, in the days just after the election, and found that something like 70% of the protesters at that time had not voted in the election. I'm guessing the political breakdown would be similar in these latest protests. And, what does that tell us?

It tell us -- it tells me at least -- that the protesters are not interested in our electoral process or in the running of our nation nearly as much as they are interested in being associated with a popular cause. Bandwagon riders.

I understand the drive of the youthful to find their place in the world and attempt to establish their generation as one of change and value.

I just don't think this is an effective use of time. But, if any of them gain a bit of knowledge about our electoral process and what it means to be an American citizen, it can't be all bad.

I will, as you probably suspect, pass.

Not the will of the people, the will of the electoral college. The people voted the other way by a considerable margin.

resister
12-30-2016, 09:29 AM
Not the will of the people, the will of the electoral college. The people voted the other way by a considerable margin.
Who elects the EC ?

Crepitus
12-30-2016, 09:32 AM
Who elects the EC ?

The parties as far as I know.

MisterVeritis
12-30-2016, 09:33 AM

Democrats will pay one a small amount to vote for their candidate or a larger amount to protest against a Republican who wins. Protesters will be there until the supporting money runs out.

resister
12-30-2016, 09:34 AM
The parties as far as I know.Composed of elected officials?

Crepitus
12-30-2016, 09:43 AM
Composed of elected officials?

Some I'm sure. Your point?

MisterVeritis
12-30-2016, 09:43 AM

Oh, I don't know.... I occasionally find grassroots conservative amusing.
Hence his point. If you were not retarded you could find conservatives amusing far more often. Now don't you wish you didn't have to ride the short bus? :grin:

MisterVeritis
12-30-2016, 09:46 AM
Who elects the EC?
Electors volunteer. The people vote for the electors who pledge to vote for their candidate, should their candidate win in their popular vote.
There are fifty-plus popular votes, one for each state plus a small handful of protectorates.

Subdermal
12-30-2016, 09:52 AM
`
`

...and - sure enough - he tried.

Docthehun
12-30-2016, 10:05 AM

Those covert activities didn't begin prior to the President's election eight years ago?

resister
12-30-2016, 10:07 AM
Some I'm sure. Your point?The EC will is a result of public will.

stjames1_53
12-30-2016, 10:09 AM
Those covert activities didn't begin prior to the President's election eight years ago?
well, I think I need to point out that there were no violent protests or riots, burning and looting when Obama won his primary......If we were spying on our allies, they never caught it................
I don't think any of this matters in the long run, unless Obama is trying to pick a fight with Putin. He's sure working up to a war by blaming Putin for a non-hack. Sanctions, really, against Russia?

Crepitus
12-30-2016, 10:09 AM
The EC will is a result of public will.

Nice try, but nope.

resister
12-30-2016, 10:12 AM
well, I think I need to point out that there were no violent protests or riots, burning and looting when Obama won his primary......If we were spying on our allies, they never caught it................
I don't think any of this mattes in the long run, unless Obama is trying to pick a fight with Putin. He's sure working up to a war by blaming Putin for a non-hack. Sanctions, really, against Russia?
He is clearly trying to leave a mess for trump like the spiteful man child he is.But i'd reckon the Russians are smart enough to see through it

resister
Nice try, but nope.How so not?

Docthehun
I don't think any of this mattes in the long run, unless Obama is trying to pick a fight with Putin. He's sure working up to a war by blaming Putin for a non-hack. Sanctions, really, against Russia?

I was actually referring to the domestic "information" surveillance and storage.

MisterVeritis
The EC will is a result of public will.

Nice try, but nope.
What is your explanation?

stjames1_53
12-30-2016, 10:14 AM
How so not?

the EC was good enough to put both Clinton and Obama in office, twice. Now it's not so good

patrickt
12-30-2016, 10:15 AM
Fagan: "Now, a very vocal contingent here will dismiss these protests as left-wing whining."

Oh, I don't think it's simply whining although there is a lot of that. It's more like a desperate effort to save the socialists and, especially, President Obama. What do you care if America doesn't want to be Venezuela, Cuba, or even France? Not at all. So, you get to run around and protest and tell each other how wonderful you are.

stjames1_53
12-30-2016, 10:16 AM
I was actually referring to the domestic "information" surveillance and storage.

it's a mixed bag. I don't trust government surveillance on citizens without a damned good reason. It's the fishing expeditions with stingray I have my doubts about. Warrantless are unlawful, regardless of the reason

Captain Obvious
12-30-2016, 10:17 AM
Who elects the EC ?

The Russians I think

Crepitus
12-30-2016, 10:46 AM
How so not?

They are not parceled out on the basis of population.

FindersKeepers
12-30-2016, 12:08 PM

And who did the electors vote for?

They voted for the candidate elected by the residents of their state, which translates into the "will of the people," just not "mob rule."

Subdermal
12-30-2016, 01:46 PM

Does that make the fact that Obama continued the policy - after expressly campaigning to do the opposite - any more palatable to you?

Bethere
12-30-2016, 01:50 PM
I don't think any of this matters in the long run, unless Obama is trying to pick a fight with Putin. He's sure working up to a war by blaming Putin for a non-hack. Sanctions, really, against Russia?

I remember just a year ago listening to Republicans whine that obama's Russian sanctions weren't stiff enough.

It's hard, almost impossible, to take you guys seriously.

Captain Obvious
12-30-2016, 01:54 PM
lol

Safety
12-30-2016, 01:58 PM
I remember just a year ago listening to Republicans whine that obama's Russian sanctions weren't stiff enough.

Well, obviously that was different.

Bethere
12-30-2016, 01:59 PM
lol

Dude. Just a year. Your teammates have no short term memory.

Bethere
12-30-2016, 02:05 PM
Well, obviously that was different.

It was a great post. I think ADMIN would want me to have one on those black stars in my subject line as a reward!

Captain Obvious
12-30-2016, 02:11 PM
Dude. Just a year. Your teammates have no short term memory.

Whoosh...

Captain Obvious
12-30-2016, 02:12 PM
It was a great post. I think ADMIN would want me to have one on those black stars in my subject line as a reward!

You're special, you deserve a star.

Docthehun
12-30-2016, 02:17 PM
Does that make the fact that Obama continued the policy - after expressly campaigning to do the opposite - any more palatable to you?

No, I consider it an invasion of privacy, but recognize there's no retreating on technology. I don't use a cell phone and watch closely what I post on the internet. I assume someone is always watching.

The Xl
12-30-2016, 02:20 PM
All of this, regardless of whether Trump is a good or a bad guy, is because they can't control him. The Russia hoax, the media and Hollywood attacking him at staggering rates, even Republicans fighting against him, it's all the system attacking a guy that isn't their own.

Bethere
12-30-2016, 02:23 PM
You're special, you deserve a star.
But will I get one?

Bethere
12-30-2016, 02:26 PM
No, I consider it an invasion of privacy, but recognize there's no retreating on technology. I don't use a cell phone and watch closely what I post on the internet. I assume someone is always watching.
I don't even Facebook.

Docthehun
12-30-2016, 02:27 PM
I don't even Facebook.

I know, I checked!

Docthehun
12-30-2016, 02:28 PM
But will I get one?

Gold? Will silver, green or red suffice?

Bethere
12-30-2016, 02:28 PM
I know, I checked!
Stalker.

I have someone impersonating me on Twitter. He's been doing it for years. Passive. But it is my name and location.

Docthehun
12-30-2016, 02:30 PM
Stalker.

Just keeping you honest Captain!

Hey, do you know Ed Kreiger or Angie Butler?

Bethere
12-30-2016, 02:33 PM
Just keeping you honest Captain!

Hey, do you know Ed Kreiger or Angie Butler?

No, but maybe fake bethere on twitter does!

Docthehun
12-30-2016, 02:35 PM
No, but maybe fake bethere on twitter does!

They're fellow Miltonians. Ed runs our power system and Angie is a Frisch's manager.

Docthehun
12-30-2016, 02:36 PM
Stalker.

I have someone impersonating me on Twitter. He's been doing it for years. Passive. But it is my name and location.

How'd they come upon that info? I would never betray anyone in that fashion.

stjames1_53
12-30-2016, 03:12 PM

you say that with an avatar like this.................

stjames1_53
12-30-2016, 03:13 PM
Stalker.

don't break yer arm patting yourself on the back...nobody likes you well enough to steal a shit from you

Subdermal
12-30-2016, 03:31 PM
It was a great post. I think @ADMIN (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=1) would want me to have one on those black stars in my subject line as a reward!
Bethere: self-made man who worships his creator.

Safety
12-30-2016, 03:38 PM
you say that with an avatar like this.................

um...your avatar is better?

resister
12-30-2016, 03:43 PM
um...your avatar is better?It is pretty funny

AZ Jim
12-30-2016, 04:59 PM
There is nothing funny about mental retardation.ALSO if "votes decide the Presidency", Trump is not President, he lost by 3 million votes! Yeah, yeah, we know EC!!!!

Tahuyaman
12-30-2016, 05:11 PM
Anti-Trump protests sprung up in the immediate aftermath of the election, and they are not going away. Having started on the 19th, a website called Refusefascism.org (http://www.refusefascism.org) has begun a call to action for "A Month of Resistance" leading up to the Inauguration.

If you are among those interested, in addition to discussing here, you can check out their website, go to one of the protests (there are facebook event pages. I can help you find them if you wish. For instance, the LA protest page is here: [/URL][URL]https://www.facebook.com/e (https://www.facebook.com/events/226979761079904/?utm_source=UCLA+list+serves&utm_campaign=3a08f983e5-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2016_12_29&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_db3c718ae2-3a08f983e5-)vents/226979761079904/)

I say let them protest all they want. The manner in which they protest exposes them as just a bunch of ignorant malcontents.

resister
12-30-2016, 05:14 PM
I say let them protest all they want. The manner in which they protest exposes them as just a bunch of ignorant malcontents.Do they not understand that outside of grade school, not everyone gets a sticker? Good it will be entertaining to watch the cry fest continue, just like it does right here.

Tahuyaman
12-30-2016, 05:27 PM
Do they not understand that outside of grade school, not everyone gets a sticker? Good it will be entertaining to watch the cry fest continue, just like it does right here.

Listen to these people when they are interviewed. Maybe one in ten sounds like they actually have any kind of grasp of the issues.

resister
12-30-2016, 05:28 PM
Listen to these people when they are interviewed. Maybe one in ten sounds like they actually have any kind of grasp of the issues.Or voted

stjames1_53
12-30-2016, 05:35 PM
ALSO if "votes decide the Presidency", Trump is not President, he lost by 3 million votes! Yeah, yeah, we know EC!!!!
all of them came from California...how 'bout we look into those "registered voters"
you can't eat defeat......I love it because you hate us for winning...get over your small insignificant self.................

stjames1_53
12-30-2016, 05:38 PM
Popular vote accompanied the EC too however.
take up arms.........loser............... show us how important you are

Bethere
12-30-2016, 05:48 PM
How'd they come upon that info? I would never betray anyone in that fashion.
I have no idea, but I trust you totally.

Docthehun
12-30-2016, 06:05 PM
I have no idea, but I trust you totally.

Only recently did I open a Twitter account so I can see what he posts. I've yet to check. It hits the news instantly. I trust everyone from our old grounds and they all know my real name and location. I wouldn't betray any of them; by nature!

MisterVeritis
12-30-2016, 06:08 PM
Context counts. Had Barack Hussein O, the guy who pleaded for more time, so he would have flexibility, booted some Russian Intel collectors a year ago, it would have been a decent move. Three weeks before he leaves office it looks like what it is. Sabotage.

MisterVeritis
12-30-2016, 06:10 PM
ALSO if "votes decide the Presidency", Trump is not President, he lost by 3 million votes! Yeah, yeah, we know EC!!!!
Jim, if you haven't figured out our system yet, I suspect it would be best for you to just let it go. A man has to understand his limitations. Some things are simply too hard for you to grasp.

AZ Jim
12-30-2016, 06:13 PM
take up arms.........loser............... show us how important you areLoser? If you only knew...

AZ Jim
12-30-2016, 06:14 PM
Jim, if you haven't figured out our system yet, I suspect it would be best for you to just let it go. A man has to understand his limitations. Some things are simply too hard for you to grasp.Is that it? If you gleaned only that from my post, you are the fool.

stjames1_53
12-30-2016, 06:16 PM
Loser? If you only knew...
then get your posse together, hombre...and go get him......loser and a coward

stjames1_53
12-30-2016, 06:17 PM
Is that it? If you gleaned only that from my post, you are the fool.
trump takes office, Obama gets the boot, Hillary gets investigated, again................who's the fool?

MisterVeritis
12-30-2016, 06:37 PM

Is that it? If you gleaned only that from my post, you are the fool.
I suppose we can assume you are just a crybaby. But you are also a radical Leftist. My starting position with you Jim, is that you haven't a clue.

Ethereal
12-31-2016, 03:24 AM
They did. This is not something unique to Obama by any means. But I distinctly remember a lot of protest activity during the Bush years only for it to drop off precipitously when Obama became president despite there being little substantive change in terms of policy.

donttread
12-31-2016, 09:15 AM

Perfectly put. We have won one battle against blind partisianism , but we have not yet won the war. That will take many years. All you need to do is look back upon Bushbama. Bush made constant war, spent and borrowed like a gambling addict, handed out corporate welfare , federalized states rights and eroded individual rights and the repubs praised those actions while the dems scorned them. But the Obama came in and made constant war, spent and borrowed like a progressively worsening gambling addict, handed out corporate welfare , federalized states rights and eroded individual rights while the dems praised those SAME actions and the repubs scorned those SAME actions.
Perhaps the greastest study in the history of mankind on how fake, noxious and dangerous partisianism really can be.

patrickt
12-31-2016, 10:15 AM

No, the word retard isn't funny and neither is the left's role as language monitor in their attacks on free speech. Down with the r-word, p-word, c-word, a-word, z-word, and, worst of all, the f-word.

So, what is today's preferred word in LibSpeak for someone born stupid?

silvereyes
12-31-2016, 11:04 AM

Pfffft. All YOU did was name call and whine about liberals in general.

silvereyes
12-31-2016, 11:05 AM

Youre so full of yourself and self-indignation that you cant see how useless your own post was.

Common
12-31-2016, 11:07 AM
Youre so full of yourself and self-indignation that you cant see how useless your own post was.
Lol coming from you that is just hilarious, this is the only one of your posts that wasnt totally useless, most of your crap is just insulting others.

silvereyes
`
`

Then why was it
A-okay for GCR to even use it in the first place?

silvereyes
Lol coming from you that is just hilarious, this is the only one of your posts that wasnt totally useless, most of your crap is just insulting others.

Wanh wanh wahn.

stjames1_53
12-31-2016, 11:19 AM
Then why was it
it didn't offend me.......................I don't get so emotional about language as some alt-leftists do

GrassrootsConservative
12-31-2016, 12:42 PM
Then why was it
If you have a problem with my post, go ahead and report it. I don't really care. My brutal honesty has me getting infractions bi-weekly here anyway.

AeonPax
12-31-2016, 02:46 PM
Then why was it A-okay for GCR to even use it in the first place?
`
It wasn't A-okay. It was B-okay.