PDA

View Full Version : Illegal Donation System

patrickt
10-21-2012, 07:00 AM
"Chris Walker, a British citizen who lives outside London, told The Post he was able to make two $5 donations to President Obama’s campaign this month through its Web site while a similar attempt to give Mitt Romney cash was rejected. It is illegal to knowingly solicit or accept money from foreign citizens. Walker said he used his actual street address in England but entered Arkansas as his state with the Schenectady, NY, ZIP code of 12345."
http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/bam_blind_eye_to_illegal_donors_8SWotytr1RvbhyDCRy yrEL

I suppose Chris Walker stumbled on one of those irritating computer glitches that just, sigh, can't be helped. However:
“When I did Romney’s, the payment got rejected on the grounds that the address on the card did not match the address that I entered,” he said. “Romney’s Web site wanted the code from the back of card. Barack Obama’s didn’t.”

Well, golly, how about that? It's isn't just some computer glitch. Come to think of it, when I ordered a computer while I was in Mexico with a billing address on my credit card of Tennessee, the transaction didn't go throw. I guess some organizations value illegal transactions more than others.

Are you going to vote for the guy whose campaign either willfully encourages violating the law or is too stupid to have a system that requires donors to comply with the law? Of course, the question is rhetorical. The answer is obvious.

hanger4
10-21-2012, 11:38 AM
"Chris Walker, a British citizen who lives outside London, told The Post he was able to make two $5 donations to President Obama’s campaign this month through its Web site while a similar attempt to give Mitt Romney cash was rejected. It is illegal to knowingly solicit or accept money from foreign citizens. Walker said he used his actual street address in England but entered Arkansas as his state with the Schenectady, NY, ZIP code of 12345."
http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/bam_blind_eye_to_illegal_donors_8SWotytr1RvbhyDCRy yrEL

I suppose Chris Walker stumbled on one of those irritating computer glitches that just, sigh, can't be helped. However:
“When I did Romney’s, the payment got rejected on the grounds that the address on the card did not match the address that I entered,” he said. “Romney’s Web site wanted the code from the back of card. Barack Obama’s didn’t.”

Well, golly, how about that? It's isn't just some computer glitch. Come to think of it, when I ordered a computer while I was in Mexico with a billing address on my credit card of Tennessee, the transaction didn't go throw. I guess some organizations value illegal transactions more than others.

Are you going to vote for the guy whose campaign either willfully encourages violating the law or is too stupid to have a system that requires donors to comply with the law? Of course, the question is rhetorical. The answer is obvious.

Another story the MSM has run away from.

Sadly, the 4th Estate has gone the way of the Dodo bird.

coolwalker
10-23-2012, 10:44 AM
I too heard this last night on the Mark Levin Show...nothing will happen now, it can't because the Justice department is in Obama's pocket. But it is one more nail in hi coffin for when he is sent back to Chicago. Then with Romney in the WH, the Justice department can go back to taking care of business according to the letter of the law instead of making it up as it goes along. Bottom line here...this is illegal and someone will eventually go to jail for it.

Agravan
10-23-2012, 11:04 AM
It'll get blamed on some obama surrogate underling. They'd all fall on their swords to protect the w0n. Not that obama would do anything to save their asses...