PDA

View Full Version : Live / Die by Pen: Trump to 'repeal a lot' of Obama's actions on day one

DGUtley
01-02-2017, 09:32 AM
Trump to 'repeal a lot' of Obama's actions on day one, top aide says. We warned you that when you live by the pen, you die by the pen.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/01/politics/trump-obama-day-one/

Captain Obvious
01-02-2017, 09:34 AM
Progress!

Crepitus
01-02-2017, 09:38 AM
Congress!

Wait...

Regress!

No.that doesn't sound right either......

DGUtley
01-02-2017, 09:42 AM
The Ripple Effect Of Obama’s Magic Executive Pen
http://www.usasocialcondition.com/the-ripple-effect-of-obamas-magic-executive-pen/

Common
01-02-2017, 09:58 AM
The democrats will now see the results of Harry Reids nuclear Option and Obamas overuse of executive orders.
They must have thought they would never get unlected

DGUtley
01-02-2017, 10:00 AM
The democrats will now see the results of Harry Reids nuclear Option and Obamas overuse of executive orders. They must have thought they would never get unelected

They did think that. They absolutely most certainly did. I do not want Trump to continue the power-grab of EO's. I want him to roll it back and stay within the constitution and only use EO's as constitutionally defined. I would also call for him to repeal the Nuclear Option.

MisterVeritis
01-02-2017, 10:15 AM
They did think that. They absolutely most certainly did. I do not want Trump to continue the power-grab of EO's. I want him to roll it back and stay within the constitution and only use EO's as constitutionally defined. I would also call for him to repeal the Nuclear Option.
I shake my head. One side commits unconstitutional acts with impunity. Our side gets all holy and fails to roll back the damage.

No. We are in a war for our survival. It is time to use all the powers our enemies have used until there are no leftists, well, left.

A president has no authority to "repeal" the so-called nuclear option. It is not a law. It is just a rule. And it is time to use it with impunity to roll over any Democrat opposition. Screw them to the wall. They lived by the sword. Now it is time for them to be slain by that same sword.
Trump must use every instrument of power to fix what the Left broke. The Congress has to act in concert. Or, in the end, we still lose the nation.

Captain Obvious
01-02-2017, 10:36 AM
Flush it all down

birddog
01-02-2017, 10:38 AM
The Nuclear Option will be Karma for the dimocrats, and they deserve it. The dims have deemed that we now "fight fire with fire!"

DGUtley
01-02-2017, 10:44 AM
I shake my head. One side commits unconstitutional acts with impunity. Our side gets all holy and fails to roll back the damage. No. We are in a war for our survival. It is time to use all the powers our enemies have used until there are no leftists, well, left. A president has no authority to "repeal" the so-called nuclear option. It is not a law. It is just a rule. And it is time to use it with impunity to roll over any Democrat opposition. Screw them to the wall. They lived by the sword. Now it is time for them to be slain by that same sword. Trump must use every instrument of power to fix what the Left broke. The Congress has to act in concert. Or, in the end, we still lose the nation.

You misunderstood what I said about the Nuclear Option.

I'm sorry, the ends do not justify the means. I call for a return to constitutional powers and limitations. Just because Obama and his Ilk did it doesn't make it ok nor does it justify the Republicans doing it. We are in a war for the hearts and minds of the youth. We win that war by reigniting the spirit of individual liberty, self-dependence and freedom. Not by being more drunk with power than the last guys.

MisterVeritis
01-02-2017, 11:16 AM
I would also call for him to repeal the Nuclear Option.

You misunderstood what I said about the Nuclear Option.
Thee President cannot repeal a rule the Congress makes. We still have a small amount of power separation.

I'm sorry, the ends do not justify the means.
Actually, sometimes they do.

I call for a return to constitutional powers and limitations.
Nothing short of an Article V convention of states to propose amendments can return the nation to its Constitution. I blame the weak, feckless Republicans in the House who failed to impeach Obama when Obama first used an EO to change a law. The precedent has been established. Only an amendment can remove that precedent.

Just because Obama and his Ilk did it doesn't make it ok nor does it justify the Republicans doing it.
See above.

We are in a war for the hearts and minds of the youth. We win that war by reigniting the spirit of individual liberty, self-dependence and freedom. Not by being more drunk with power than the last guys.
This thinking is why we will lose the nation. We have been viciously attacked. We are now positioned to go on the offense but there are people like you who will fail to defeat our enemy. Worse, you want caution and timidity in the face of our almost defeated enemy. I hope you are in no position to influence anyone with the authority to act.

DGUtley
01-02-2017, 11:23 AM
I would also call for him to repeal the Nuclear Option.
Thee President cannot repeal a rule the Congress makes. We still have a small amount of power separation.

You are correct, I misspoke.

DGUtley
01-02-2017, 11:26 AM
This thinking is why we will lose the nation. We have been viciously attacked. We are now positioned to go on the offense but there are people like you who will fail to defeat our enemy. Worse, you want caution and timidity in the face of our almost defeated enemy. I hope you are in no position to influence anyone with the authority to act.

You are wrong. The SC is the key here. We have taken it back and they must follow the Constitution. The ends do not justify the means. We will defeat them within the bounds of the constitution because our cause is just.

Green Arrow
01-02-2017, 11:40 AM

I could be wrong, but I don't think the president has the authority to "repeal" the nuclear option. It would be up to Congress.

MisterVeritis
01-02-2017, 11:51 AM
You are wrong. The SC is the key here. We have taken it back and they must follow the Constitution. The ends do not justify the means. We will defeat them within the bounds of the constitution because our cause is just.
The Supremes are not the key to anything. The court has usurped powers not granted to it just as greedily as the Executive. There is but one key. The State legislatures have all the power they need to demand a convention of states to propose amendments to the Constitution. That power is found in Article V of the Constitution. Unless we amend the Constitution to build in protections with teeth any future President can do what Obama (and FDR) did.

The Constitution, at this point in our history, is moot.

birddog
01-02-2017, 01:12 PM
I could be wrong, but I don't think the president has the authority to "repeal" the nuclear option. It would be up to Congress.

"could be wrong" is a given for you, but it's likely you are correct on this one.:grin:

Common
01-02-2017, 01:39 PM

Now soon it will be called sticking it back up their ass :)

Common
01-02-2017, 01:40 PM
correct

birddog
01-02-2017, 01:56 PM
Now soon it will be called sticking it back up their ass :)

Usually, reciprocity is a virtue. :grin:

ripmeister
01-02-2017, 03:33 PM
Trump to 'repeal a lot' of Obama's actions on day one, top aide says. We warned you that when you live by the pen, you die by the pen.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/01/politics/trump-obama-day-one/

DG. You have always warned of this and those chickens appear to be coming home to roost. I assume you'll be holding Trump to the same standard.

DGUtley
01-02-2017, 04:41 PM
DG. You have always warned of this and those chickens appear to be coming home to roost. I assume you'll be holding Trump to the same standard.

Most definitely!!!

MisterVeritis
01-02-2017, 04:44 PM
Most definitely!!!
I believe you have erred. If you hold Trump to the same standard (as the Republicans held for Obama) than any lawmaking Trump does will be acceptable. Instead, you want to hold Trump to a standard unlike the one used to judge Obama.

DGUtley
01-02-2017, 04:48 PM
I believe you have erred. If you hold Trump to the same standard (as the Republicans held for Obama) than any lawmaking Trump does will be acceptable. Instead, you want to hold Trump to a standard unlike the one used to judge Obama.

No, rip and I are friends from a previous forum. Rip knows (or at least was asking me to confirm) that I will be consistent in my insistence on adherence to the constitution.

MisterVeritis
01-02-2017, 04:50 PM
No, rip and I are friends from a previous forum. Rip knows (or at least was asking me to confirm) that I will be consistent in my insistence on adherence to the constitution.
Your insistence made no difference while Obama seized greater powers. He acted with impunity. Perhaps you spoke up. Perhaps not.

DGUtley
01-02-2017, 05:43 PM
Your insistence made no difference while Obama seized greater powers. He acted with impunity. Perhaps you spoke up. Perhaps not.
I always speak up. I write letters. Make phone calls. Meet with my congressman when they will meet with me. Make Public Records Requests. Always. (The wife claims that's why my Pre-✔️ won't work.)

Doesn't everybody?

MisterVeritis
01-02-2017, 06:05 PM
I always speak up. I write letters. Make phone calls. Meet with my congressman when they will meet with me. Make Public Records Requests. Always. (The wife claims that's why my Pre-✔️ won't work.)
Doesn't everybody?
I send plenty of emails. I always get a very nice form letter that indicates they do not care one whit what I think.

At the state level, I have had great success.

DGUtley
01-02-2017, 06:55 PM
I send plenty of emails. I always get a very nice form letter that indicates they do not care one whit what I think. At the state level, I have had great success.

Then we are very similar, though I usually write letters. . I want them to always know that we are here... asking questions... holding them accountable. I regularly call Sherrod Brown's office to remind the great liberal lion that I expect him to uphold my civil right of self-defense by firearm. I always ask for an appointment but he doesn't meet with Republicans though his office is always willing to send me a DNC talking point canned memo.

Funny story -- I would regularly write Congessman John Boccieri. I'm sitting in my office one day and the phone rings. My assistant announced 'Congessman John Boccieri' and I picked it up -- ok, who is this really? It was him and we met with him a few times. The last time, he and I bet that if he voted for the ACA that he would be out and I told him I would work tirelessly to make sure. He did. I did. He was. We actually bet dinner on it. I guess former Congressman John Boccieri doesn't pay his debts? Nice guy though on a personal level. I was surprised how much he knew about me on our first visit.

Green Arrow
01-02-2017, 07:52 PM
"could be wrong" is a given for you, but it's likely you are correct on this one.:grin:

Something tells me you wouldn't last two posts in a real debate with me, but thanks.

ripmeister
01-03-2017, 12:19 AM
I appreciate your consistency.

birddog
01-03-2017, 12:19 AM
Something tells me you wouldn't last two posts in a real debate with me, but thanks.

You must be listening to voices again, seek therapy of some kind! :grin: I'm just forthright and honest, hopefully you are. I find deep thinking is not needed much around here, but I am quite capable if I want.

ripmeister
01-03-2017, 12:20 AM

Doesn't everybody?
I will validate this claim by DG.

Don
01-03-2017, 01:03 AM
I think everyone will be in for a big surprise. Politicians ultimately go with whatever direction the wind blows. Trump knows this. He will appeal to the people and sway some democrats to come over to his side ensuring a real majority. No need for the nuclear option.

MisterVeritis
02-10-2024, 02:19 PM
I shake my head. One side commits unconstitutional acts with impunity. Our side gets all holy and fails to roll back the damage.

No. We are in a war for our survival. It is time to use all the powers our enemies have used until there are no leftists, well, left.

A president has no authority to "repeal" the so-called nuclear option. It is not a law. It is just a rule. And it is time to use it with impunity to roll over any Democrat opposition. Screw them to the wall. They lived by the sword. Now it is time for them to be slain by that same sword.
Trump must use every instrument of power to fix what the Left broke. The Congress has to act in concert. Or, in the end, we still lose the nation.

I was right then.