PDA

View Full Version : Phyllis From The Office Was An NFL Cheerleader

Conley
10-05-2011, 09:23 AM
http://www.manageyourshapeblog.com/.a/6a00e54f9153e0883301538f7ae70d970b-800wi

If you’ve ever happened across the popular NBC situation comedy The Office and noticed the curly-haired, bespectacled mom making paper sales at her desk, you’ve doubtlessly wondered, “Hmmm... I bet you that Phyllis used to be a smokin’ hot professional cheerleader.” And you would be correct.

Actress Phyllis Smith (not to be confused by the character she plays on TV, Phyllis Lapin-Vance) revealed in an interview with Slate that she used to be a cheerleader for the NFL’s St. Louis Cardinals, presumably rooting as hard for the birds as she now does Vance Refrigerating. Shy, gentle Phyllis is just full of surprises, isn’t she?

“I was at the height of my glory, because I loved dancing and wearing the boots and the hotpants, the tied up shirts, looking really hot,” Smith says in the article. “And I was able to dance, I loved football. My dad used to have season tickets, so I was flirting with the guys on the sidelines as much as I could. The organizations make sure that the cheerleaders and the players have minimal contact, but that’s what you try to do. It was great, in the ’70s.”

http://www.thecheapseats.ca/2011/06/former-nfl-cheerleader-of-the-week-phyllis-from-the-office.html

Weirdness. Would not have guessed it.

Mister D
10-05-2011, 09:46 AM
No way I would have ever guessed that either.

Conley
10-05-2011, 10:24 AM
I'm not really seeing the "smokin’ hot professional cheerleader" part though. :-\

Mister D
10-05-2011, 10:50 AM
Yeah, she still looks kind of...if you have nothing nice to say then say nothing at all. :-X

Conley
10-05-2011, 10:57 AM
Yeah, she still looks kind of...if you have nothing nice to say then say nothing at all. :-X

:roflmao:

And that was back when women actually wanted to be cheerleaders and there was more competition too. Go figure.

Captain Obvious
10-05-2011, 04:59 PM

Yeah, she looks like that twin sister who is ok looking, but the other sister is a real piece of ass.

I bet a fastball would only put a dent in that hair.

Conley
10-05-2011, 06:05 PM
Twins that are just like normal sisters, not samesies.

Fastball aint doin chit.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/files.posterous.com/pourmecoffee/y0Mtvy595Evs9MXLATZDpNVs9Uv2Rd6uthcGBe19q5IEcao6jK l9ZUFLBYZj/the_more_you_know2.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJFZAE65U YRT34AOQ&Expires=1317856240&Signature=2a31FxOcymPIPfinc17kJ3uYmr0%3D

Mister D
10-05-2011, 06:11 PM

Yeah, she looks like that twin sister who is ok looking, but the other sister is a real piece of ass.

Yeah, I just noticed that. That must have been a huge pain in the ass to do every morning.

Conley
10-05-2011, 06:14 PM

Yeah, I just noticed that. That must have been a huge pain in the ass to do every morning.

Imagine inhaling all that stuff too. Musta been like working in an asbestos factory.

Captain Obvious
10-05-2011, 06:27 PM

Imagine inhaling all that stuff too. Musta been like working in an asbestos factory.

For her or him?

Conley
10-05-2011, 06:30 PM
For her.

I don't imagine she used it downstairs. Interesting concept though.

:o

(He's back!)

Captain Obvious
10-05-2011, 06:32 PM
I heard on the radio the other day that those dog shows are trying to ban the over-use of hairspray on dogs.

If you have to hairspray down a fucking dog, it's time to reevaluate your life's priorities.

Conley
10-05-2011, 06:37 PM
I heard on the radio the other day that those dog shows are trying to ban the over-use of hairspray on dogs.

If you have to hairspray down a fucking dog, it's time to reevaluate your life's priorities.

:D Wow I had no idea it went that far. I guess it makes sense. I wonder what's next...cosmetic surgery for dogs? Haunch implants? Jeez.

Mister D
10-05-2011, 06:40 PM
Honestly, some dog lovers creep me out. They treat them like human beings. That doesn't sit right with me.

Conley
10-05-2011, 06:42 PM
Honestly, some dog lovers creep me out. They treat them like human beings. That doesn't sit right with me.

Best in Show is a funny movie...haven't seen it in a long time but I remember liking it. It was one of those mockumentaries before the whole thing blew up with the Office and stuff. Even before the Office UK I think.

Captain Obvious
10-05-2011, 06:45 PM
My dog's a big baby, that's what wifey calls him.

He gets pretty fierce when he sees strangers from the window - or other dogs, he growls and barks like he's some wild animal.

But he's an attention whore. I call him a lap dog, if I sit down on the couch he jumps up in my lap. He's a fairly big dog also, but he then buries his head in my armpit.

Mister D
10-05-2011, 06:47 PM
I like dogs. I just don't want to be bothered caring for one.

Conley
10-05-2011, 06:50 PM
Dogs are awesome.

Captain Obvious
10-05-2011, 06:53 PM
We had this rat-mutt of a dog that wandered into out house when I was a kid. Pekenese (sp?) or something like that, but a real rat of a dog. Called him Whitey. Yeah, name your dog that nowadays. He had this coughing thing, used to hack and cough all the time. A fairly disgusting dog, but we kept him anyway.

Had another dog at the time also, a pitt bull mix. They got along well but one day I stepped on Whitey by accident and he did a little spaz out thing. Our pitt bull reacted and bit him in the head, bit his eye out. We raced him to the vet and they sewed it back in.

What an odd dog, I don't remember what ever became of him.

Conley
10-05-2011, 06:55 PM
:roflmao:

Holy crap. I know I probably shouldn't laugh but that was hilarious.

They put his eye back in?

I can't imagine it worked too well after that. Jeez.

Captain Obvious
10-05-2011, 06:56 PM
I don't think he could see out of it and it looked like it was sewn back in. It got a little glassy also.

Conley
10-05-2011, 07:05 PM
How old were you when all this went down?

MMC
10-05-2011, 10:27 PM
Do you know I tried to find pics of this chick back in the late 70's and the 80's when they say she was a Dancer. Tried finding her with the NFL cheerleaders. That pic is suppose to be her sitting in the outfit. Wearing the Cardinals colors. There is nothing anywheres that I can find. :-\

You would think like Time Magazine or Sports Illustrated would have had them. >:(

Conley
10-05-2011, 10:30 PM
Do you know I tried to find pics of this chick back in the late 70's and the 80's when they say she was a Dancer. Tried finding her with the NFL cheerleaders. That pic is suppose to be her sitting in the outfit. Wearing the Cardinals colors. There is nothing anywheres that I can find. :-\

You would think like Time Magazine or Sports Illustrated would have had them. >:(

Really? Interesting. So do you think she might be fibbing about it? Could be they don't have good records? Or maybe she was part of an unofficial cheering section like a dance team.

MMC
10-05-2011, 10:53 PM

Really? Interesting. So do you think she might be fibbing about it? Could be they don't have good records? Or maybe she was part of an unofficial cheering section like a dance team.

No it's all out there. Thats the way she looked and that was the Cheerleader outfit for the Buzzsaw. I thought they would have pics of her like from the games. Standing up doing some cheers or something. Something that shows more of what she looked like back then. Same thing with any Dancing pics I just havent found any.

Either way if she was, she musta just made it with being in shape and being a big boned girl. Had to have legs as they didnt show much skin back then. Plus wearing go-go boots. Maybe within a few weeks some will be up and out there. Someone has to have pics of her. Plus those games were televised.

Conley
10-05-2011, 11:03 PM
Oh that's right, didn't you say you were a leg man? >:D ;) :D

MMC
10-05-2011, 11:07 PM
Oh that's right, didn't you say you were a leg man? >:D ;) :D

Yep yep.....can't go wrong with a Couple of thighs and a breast. ;)