PDA

View Full Version : Fact Checker: Julian Assange's claim that there was no Russian involvement

Cigar
01-05-2017, 09:01 AM
Fact Checker: Julian Assange's claim that there was no Russian involvement in WikiLeaks emails

Host Sean Hannity: “Can you say to the American people unequivocally that you did not get this information about the DNC, John Podesta’s e-mails — can you tell the American people 1,000 percent you did not get it from Russia . . . “
Julian Assange: “Yes.”
Hannity: “. . . or anybody associated with Russia?”
Assange: “We — we can say and we have said repeatedly . . . “
Hannity: “Right.”
Assange: “. . . over the last two months, that our source is not the Russian government and it is not a state party.”

— exchange on “Hannity” on Fox News, Jan. 3, 2017

-snip-

The Pinocchio Test

Assange assured the American public that he is 1,000 percent confident that the Russian government, or anybody associated with Russia, was not the source of hacked DNC emails published on WikiLeaks. But the situation is much less certain than he makes it seem.

Guccifer 2.0, a hacking entity, has claimed credit for providing the hacked DNC emails to WikiLeaks. Independent cybersecurity experts have found Guccifer 2.0’s links to Russian hackers, noting that Guccifer 2.0’s malware and hacking activity are similar to known Russian hackers. Researchers have assessed that Guccifer 2.0 likely is connected to Russians. But Guccifer 2.0 has denied ties to the Russian government.

Assange assured the public that he is 1,000 percent sure that there was no Russian involvement, without providing any evidence in the interview or in response to our inquiry. The facts we know contradict Assange’s assurance, and the situation is much too complex for him to make such a sweeping statement.

Further, he does not disclose any of the independent assessments that have been made about Guccifer 2.0, who has claimed credit for providing WikiLeaks with DNC emails. We award Assange Three Pinocchios for his distortion of the facts. Obviously, we will also keep an eye on this and update as further information becomes available.

Three Pinocchios

https://img.washingtonpost.com/rw/WashingtonPost/Content/Blogs/fact-checker/StandingArt/pinocchio_3.jpg

Full article:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fact-checker/wp/2017/01/05/julian-assanges-claim-that-there-was-no-russian-involvement-in-wikileaks-emails/?tid=pm_politics_pop&utm_term=.e4f887e92126

del
01-05-2017, 09:02 AM
i believe the rapist

Subdermal
01-05-2017, 09:55 AM
i believe the rapist
No one is surprised that your belief on this issue requires exactly as much integrity as calling Assange a rapist.

del
01-05-2017, 11:22 AM
No one is surprised that your belief on this issue requires exactly as much integrity as calling Assange a rapist.
http://littlegreenfootballs.com/weblog/img/curiouslurker/2013/03/22/ankle-biter.jpg

Captain Obvious
01-05-2017, 07:45 PM
i believe the rapist

You would then believe the charges the Nazi's brought against political dissenters also.

del
01-05-2017, 07:53 PM
You would then believe the charges the Nazi's brought against political dissenters also.

and i eat christian babies after i put them through the wood chipper.

try harder

Captain Obvious
01-05-2017, 07:55 PM
and i eat christian babies after i put them through the wood chipper.

try harder

Don't be silly, boiling Christian babies is the only way to serve them.

del
01-05-2017, 07:59 PM
Don't be silly, boiling Christian babies is the only way to serve them.
boiling really doesn't do justice to the delicate flavor of a nice christian fetus.

zip it through the wood chipper (after removing the saleable bits)

then a quick sautee in olive oil, a little salt, pepper and a touch of thyme.

serve with homemade pasta and a nice green vegetable

Captain Obvious
01-05-2017, 09:33 PM
boiling really doesn't do justice to the delicate flavor of a nice christian fetus.

zip it through the wood chipper (after removing the saleable bits)

then a quick sautee in olive oil, a little salt, pepper and a touch of thyme.

serve with homemade pasta and a nice green vegetable

Don't forget a nice chianti.

del
01-05-2017, 10:53 PM
Don't forget a nice chianti.
i don't drink and there's no such thing as a nice chianti

it's swill

you'd like it

Captain Obvious
01-05-2017, 10:56 PM
i don't drink and there's no such thing as a nice chianti

it's swill

you'd like it

I don't like fava beans so it all works out.

hanger4
01-05-2017, 11:05 PM
Y'all sick weird. :rollseyes:

del
01-05-2017, 11:10 PM

go play in traffic

Captain Obvious
01-05-2017, 11:10 PM

yeah... so?

:biglaugh: