PDA

View Full Version : Trump Orders Obama-appointed Ambassadors Leave Posts by Inauguration Day.....

MMC
01-06-2017, 04:32 PM
LMAO. Trump isn't wasting any time....Trump tells BO peeps People. Get out! :laugh:

Donald Trump’s team has ordered all politically appointed ambassadors serving in overseas posts to leave by Inauguration Day, according to a report in The New York Times (http://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/05/us/politics/trump-ambassadors.html?ref=politics&_r=1).

[The mandate — issued “without exceptions,” according to a terse State Department cable sent on Dec. 23, diplomats who saw it said — threatens to leave the United States without Senate-confirmed envoys for months in critical nations like Germany, Canada and Britain. In the past, administrations of both parties have often granted extensions on a case-by-case basis to allow a handful of ambassadors, particularly those with school-age children, to remain in place for weeks or months.]

Ronald E. Neumann, the president of the American Academy of Diplomacy, an association for former ambassadors and senior diplomats, said the order isn’t unreasonable although it is a bit surprising.

“When you have people out there whose only reason for being an ambassador is their political connection to the outgoing president of a different party, it’s pretty logical to say they should leave,” Neumann, a career Foreign Service officer, told the Times. “But I don’t recollect there was ever a guillotine in January where it was just, ‘Everybody out of the pool immediately.’”.....snip~

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/leahbarkoukis/2017/01/06/trump-orders-obamaappointed-ambassadors-to-resign-by-inauguration-n2267903

Immediately!!!!! http://www.politicalforum.com/images/smilies/icon_laughing.gif

MMC
01-06-2017, 04:56 PM
Just 14 more days and the Country can tell BO peep, the same thing. :grin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rEsVp5tiDQ

AZ Jim
01-06-2017, 05:54 PM
America as we have grown to know it is gone. Were I even 20 years younger, I would be gone.

Common
01-06-2017, 05:55 PM
Clean sweep, start new

AZ Jim
01-06-2017, 05:57 PM
clean sweep, start newwhen you are president which he is not!!!! Get it?

decedent
01-06-2017, 06:07 PM
Trump's going to fill the swamp quickly.

MisterVeritis
01-06-2017, 06:41 PM
when you are president which he is not!!!! Get it?
Think of it as giving two weeks notice.

Bethere
01-06-2017, 06:45 PM
Think of it as giving two weeks notice.

He doesn't hold office, has no power.

On January 20th? Then he can make orders.

Tahuyaman
01-06-2017, 06:45 PM
America as we have grown to know it is gone. Were I even 20 years younger, I would be gone.

I'll bet a lot of people wish you were 20 years younger.

MisterVeritis
01-06-2017, 06:46 PM

Cool. If you are an ambassador wait until it is official. Just be gone by close of business.

Tahuyaman
01-06-2017, 06:48 PM
Clean sweep, start new

The partisan Democrat types can complain about anything.

MMC
01-06-2017, 06:56 PM
Trump's going to fill the swamp quickly.

Well, he has already picked an Ambassador to China and Israel.

So Foggy Bottom just wont be so Foggy anymore.

Bethere
01-06-2017, 06:59 PM
Cool. If you are an ambassador wait until it is official. Just be gone by close of business.

Or, what?

Common Sense
01-06-2017, 07:00 PM
I'm not aware the president elect could order anyone to do anything.

Not to mention it's an idiotic order.

MisterVeritis
01-06-2017, 07:00 PM
Or, what?
Your visiting privileges will be revoked. But you can come in as a citizen. Your final paycheck will be mailed to your permanent place of residence.

MMC
01-06-2017, 07:01 PM
when you are president which he is not!!!! Get it?

[The mandate — issued “without exceptions,” according to a terse State Department cable sent on Dec. 23, .....snip~

The Mandate.....was already sent on 23rd of December. It just took the NY Times and all the leftness to run out of options. Which after Trump was confirmed today thru the Electoral Process. The Times finally reported on the mandate, that they know about on the 23rd.

Now with no more excuses.....they had to be about reality.

Tahuyaman
01-06-2017, 07:02 PM

You think he shouldn't let people know what's in store for them in the future?

MMC
01-06-2017, 07:08 PM
Your visiting privileges will be revoked. But you can come in as a citizen. Your final paycheck will be mailed to your permanent place of residence.
Cmon now.....second class citizen. Good Times. http://www.politicalwrinkles.com/images/smilies/michaelj.gif

Subdermal
01-06-2017, 07:12 PM

Then it was nice of him to give them advance warning.

Tahuyaman
01-06-2017, 07:14 PM
Cool. If you are an ambassador wait until it is official. Just be gone by close of business.. No, they should be led to believe that they will be held over then told to pack their bags and leave.

Adelaide
01-06-2017, 07:37 PM
Seems short-sighted.

Bethere
01-06-2017, 07:39 PM
Seems short-sighted.

It is.

resister
01-06-2017, 07:40 PM
My dad said the same thing eight years ago. Are old men always prone to exaggerate?

Green Arrow
01-06-2017, 07:44 PM
Traditionally, they are given a grace period. I find it disappointing that President-elect Trump is not following tradition in this regard.

del
01-06-2017, 07:46 PM
does he really think his guys are just going to show up for work on the 21st?

is he aware that ambassadors serve with the advice and consent of the senate?

he's as stupid as his supporters.

MisterVeritis
01-06-2017, 07:50 PM
I wonder if all Obama regime political appointees will be gone on 20 Jan? Resume services should be working overtime. Buh-bye!

MisterVeritis
01-06-2017, 07:50 PM
Traditionally, they are given a grace period. I find it disappointing that President-elect Trump is not following tradition in this regard.
Their grace period ends on 20 January.

del
01-06-2017, 08:08 PM
I wonder if all Obama regime political appointees will be gone on 20 Jan? Resume services should be working overtime. Buh-bye!
you'd be better served to wonder who will run the govt in the absence of them

Captain Obvious
01-06-2017, 08:13 PM
Teh O'bama did the exact same thing with GW's ambassadors.

Safety
01-06-2017, 08:13 PM

They deserve one another.

Safety
01-06-2017, 08:16 PM
Teh O'bama did the exact same thing with GW's ambassadors.

More fake news....

WASHINGTON — President-elect Donald J. Trump’s transition staff has issued a blanket edict requiring politically appointed ambassadors to leave their overseas posts by Inauguration Day, according to several American diplomats familiar with the plan, breaking with decades of precedent by declining to provide even the briefest of grace periods.

http://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/05/us/politics/trump-ambassadors.html?_r=0

hanger4
01-06-2017, 08:38 PM
More fake news....

Obama Gives Political Ambassadors Their Pink Slips, December 3, 2008
The incoming Obama administration has notified all politically-appointed ambassadors that they must vacate their posts as of Jan. 20, the day President-elect Barack Obama takes the oath of office, a State Department official said.
http://voices.washingtonpost.com/44/2008/12/obama-gives-political-ambassad.html

hanger4
01-06-2017, 08:46 PM

Obama Gives Political Ambassadors Their Pink Slips. December 3, 2008

Notice the date Bethere.

hanger4
01-06-2017, 08:51 PM
I'm not aware the president elect could order anyone to do anything.

Not to mention it's an idiotic order.

I'm sure you felt the.same when Obama did the same in 2008.

AeonPax
01-06-2017, 08:56 PM
`
I don't. I would have been 14. I'll pass.

Tahuyaman
01-06-2017, 09:17 PM
`
I don't. I would have been 14. I'll pass.

I wouldn't mind having a do-over on a couple of things from my younger days.

Crepitus
01-06-2017, 10:25 PM
Seems short-sighted.

Thats the Tweeter Of The United States all over.

Crepitus
01-06-2017, 10:26 PM

Has he followed tradition in anything yet?

MisterVeritis
01-06-2017, 10:27 PM
I think we will have plenty of replacements for the Obama yes men and women.

Captain Obvious
01-06-2017, 10:33 PM

In part, it's the reason he was nominated and elected.

hanger4
01-06-2017, 10:41 PM

He's doing the same as Obama isn't that traditional ??

Subdermal
01-06-2017, 11:01 PM
More fake news....

The incoming Obama administration has notified all politically-appointed ambassadors that they must vacate their posts as of Jan. 20, the day President-elect Barack Obama takes the oath of office, a State Department official said.

Hey Safety...

What is the fake news again? The post to which you're responding, or YOUR post?

:biglaugh:

Subdermal
01-06-2017, 11:03 PM
Love the sheer number of leftists who have stepped in the turd in this thread. What a fantastic demonstration of both fake news and hive mind stupidity.

Subdermal
01-06-2017, 11:06 PM
Is tradition suddenly important to the Progressive?

Safety
01-06-2017, 11:10 PM
Hey Safety...

What is the fake news again? The post to which you're responding, or YOUR post?

Obviously both of you (and several others) don't seem to understand what a grace period is, and why news articles are saying it breaks precedence and tradition.

Then again, why bother explaining, your partisanship speaks for itself.

Safety
01-06-2017, 11:11 PM
Love the sheer number of leftists who have stepped in the turd in this thread. What a fantastic demonstration of both fake news and hive mind stupidity.
Crepitus - isn't this the same poster that bitches and whines about people calling his replies vicious and abrasive?

Subdermal
01-06-2017, 11:12 PM
More fake news....

Obviously both of you (and several others) don't seem to understand what a grace period is, and why news articles are saying it breaks precedence and tradition.

:laughing4:

Oh please do tell us about this grace period, and how far we have to walk to get to your new goal posts!

Safety
01-06-2017, 11:13 PM
:laughing4:

Oh please do tell us about this grace period, and how far we have to walk to get to your new goal posts!

Oh look, you learned a new term. Now if you would learn how to use it properly, you might get a star.

resister
01-06-2017, 11:14 PM
@Crepitus (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=1345) - isn't this the same poster that bitches and whines about people calling his replies vicious and abrasive?
You are funny as hell, LOL, grace period.

Subdermal
01-06-2017, 11:15 PM
@Crepitus (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=1345) - isn't this the same poster that bitches and whines about people calling his replies vicious and abrasive?

You think?

Subdermal
01-06-2017, 11:16 PM
Oh look, you learned a new term. Now if you would learn how to use it properly, you might get a star.

:thinking:

hanger4
01-06-2017, 11:23 PM

I see no grace period, all I see is they must vacate their posts as of Jan. 20, the day President-elect Barack Obama takes the oath of office.

Safety
01-06-2017, 11:27 PM
I see no grace period, all I see is they must vacate their posts as of Jan. 20, the day President-elect Barack Obama takes the oath of office.

Look at the date in your link of when Obama issued the "pink slips", then look at the date Trump issued his, then try to be intellectually honest to see the reason why people are saying he is breaking precedence and tradition in the way he handed this incident. Once you see it, maybe you can get the ankle biters who are following you to comprehend it also.

resister
01-06-2017, 11:30 PM
Ain't you gonna post a cute meme, to go with it? LOL...

Subdermal
01-06-2017, 11:47 PM
:Skeert:

Green Arrow
01-07-2017, 12:08 AM

I was 17 and wasn't aware of it at the time, but yes, I do feel the same. I find it disappointing.

Crepitus
01-07-2017, 12:39 AM
Crepitus - isn't this the same poster that bitches and whines about people calling his replies vicious and abrasive?

Yes sir I believe that this is he.

MMC
01-07-2017, 07:10 AM
What did you say.....when BO peep did it in 2008?

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/44/...-ambassad.html (http://voices.washingtonpost.com/44/2008/12/obama-gives-political-ambassad.html)

"By Glenn Kessler
The clean slate will open up prime opportunities for the president-elect to reward political supporters with posts in London, Paris, Tokyo and the like. The notice to diplomatic posts was issued this week.
Political ambassadors sometimes are permitted to stay on briefly during a new administration, but the sweeping nature of the directive suggests that Obama has little interest in retaining any of Bush's ambassadorial appointees." ......snip~

Were you disappointed back then and did you ever make it known? Or did you give BO peep the pass.....all because you thought he was Special.....hmmm! :laugh:

MMC
01-07-2017, 07:16 AM

You might want to get a grip, clutch a few times. Rather than wringing your hands while yelling out the sky is falling.

At each embassy, the Deputy Chief of Mission will fill in for the ambassador until a new ambassador is named.

Calm down. The sun still rises

hanger4
01-07-2017, 08:09 AM
Look at the date in your link of when Obama issued the "pink slips", then look at the date Trump issued his, then try to be intellectually honest to see the reason why people are saying he is breaking precedence and tradition in the way he handed this incident. Once you see it, maybe you can get the ankle biters who are following you to comprehend it also.

The Trump mandate was issued on Dec. 23. The Obama mandate of 08 was Dec. 8.

Are you seriously going to quibble about a 6 week Obama notice and a 4 week Trump notice ??

Besides Safety, everyone of Obama's political appointee's knew their days were numbered on Nov. 9.

What was it you were saying about intellectual honesty ??

MMC
01-07-2017, 08:13 AM

Are you seriously going to quibble about a 6 week Obama notice and a 4 week Trump notice ??

Besides Safety, everyone of Obama's political appointee's knew their days were numbered on Nov. 9.

Funny how BO peep wasn't president at the time.....when he did it. Our resident illiberals weren't crying out then......he cant do that he isn't the President, huh? :laugh:

Safety
01-07-2017, 08:22 AM

That makes a big difference when a person talks about the grace period or the time one has to vacate a position by. BTW - there is no quibble, just setting the record straight, for you thought there was a "gotcha" moment to be had.

hanger4
01-07-2017, 09:10 AM
I was 17 and wasn't aware of it at the time, but yes, I do feel the same. I find it disappointing.

Sorry, I forget the age difference. Still it's the same with every change of party administration. All political appointee's know their days a numbered the day Nov. whatever.

hanger4
01-07-2017, 09:40 AM
That makes a big difference when a person talks about the grace period or the time one has to vacate a position by. BTW - there is no quibble, just setting the record straight, for you thought there was a "gotcha" moment to be had.

What part of 'all Obama political appointee's knew their days were numbered on Nov 9' is so difficult to understand. What is that, about 11 weeks ?? It matters not when the 'mandate' is/was issued, ALL KNEW. It is now and always has been a part of the political landscape. This 'evil Trump no grace period' story is chalk full of lies by omission. All that are subscribing to it should be ashamed.

Green Arrow
01-07-2017, 09:41 AM
What did you say.....when BO peep did it in 2008?

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/44/...-ambassad.html (http://voices.washingtonpost.com/44/2008/12/obama-gives-political-ambassad.html)

"By Glenn Kessler
The clean slate will open up prime opportunities for the president-elect to reward political supporters with posts in London, Paris, Tokyo and the like. The notice to diplomatic posts was issued this week.
Political ambassadors sometimes are permitted to stay on briefly during a new administration, but the sweeping nature of the directive suggests that Obama has little interest in retaining any of Bush's ambassadorial appointees." ......snip~

Were you disappointed back then and did you ever make it known? Or did you give BO peep the pass.....all because you thought he was Special.....hmmm! :laugh:

I said nothing, because I was 17 and more interested in where I was going to college in a couple years. I wasn't aware of it at the time, but yes, the same thing I said about Trump applies.

Bo-4
01-07-2017, 09:42 AM
Trump can't order anything as yet. Despite his belief that he is already POTUS ...

He ain't!

MisterVeritis
01-07-2017, 09:43 AM
Trump can't order anything as yet. Despite his belief that he is already POTUS ...
He ain't!
If you are an ambassador feel free to disregard until Jan 20. Just be gone by close of business.

Subdermal
01-07-2017, 09:49 AM

He ain't!

So how did Obama do so with Bush's ambassadors?

The level of stupid in the typical leftist post continues to arc upward.

Bo-4
01-07-2017, 09:53 AM
If you are an ambassador feel free to disregard until Jan 20. Just be gone by close of business.

Yeah, and if they haven't boxed up their stuff by then, Trump will do WHAT - toss them in the Gulag?

:grin:

Subdermal
01-07-2017, 09:55 AM

If you were an honest liberal - an oxymoron of terms if I've ever heard one - you'd already have moved on, because you, me and any houseplant understands that this entire topic wasn't generated because of a two week difference in "grace period".

It has nothing to do with such bullshit. You, me and every houseplant within range of your piss arc understands that the Left attempted to construct a *shocking and unprecedented!!!* narrative that Trump actually had the temerity to force US ambassadors out right on the Inauguration Date! OMGZORS!

Of course, dishonest shits are feeding low information idiots; idiots who usually don't bother to do anything but eat the shit given them, reinforce their babbling talking head narrative, and never engage in critical thought or verify information.

But when posters like exist on the Right in this forum pop up and force your heads down into the piles you continue to lay on our nicely and neatly manicured lawn, and make you smell the crap for what it is, suddenly you're required to move goal posts to further indefensible stupidity.

And that's exactly what you've done, you'd admit. If you're honest. Which you're not.

hanger4
01-07-2017, 09:57 AM

He ain't!

Obama issued his mandate Dec. 8, 2008 I am totally sure you said "Obama can't order anything as yet. Despite his belief that he is already POTUS". Amirite Bo-4 ??

Subdermal
01-07-2017, 09:58 AM
Yeah, and if they haven't boxed up their stuff by then, Trump will do WHAT - toss them in the Gulag?

Did the ambassadors Obama required to be out by January 20th meet the deadline?

Bo-4
01-07-2017, 10:01 AM
Obama issued his mandate Dec. 8, 2008 I am totally sure you said "Obama can't order anything as yet. Despite his belief that he is already POTUS". Amirite @Bo-4 (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=1297) ??

There is a difference between a polite request and an "order".

King Trump could learn something from O when it comes to TACT.

Subdermal
01-07-2017, 10:11 AM

So your characterization of the differences between what Trump issued and what Obama issued is that 'one was a polite request, and the other was an order'?

Because...what? The descriptive prose in how it was reported? Pull your head out of your ass.

hanger4
01-07-2017, 10:40 AM

What part of ^^ post #33 didn't you understand Bo-4 ?? Is the word "vacate" giving you problems ??

Bo-4
01-07-2017, 10:55 AM
So your characterization of the differences between what Trump issued and what Obama issued is that 'one was a polite request, and the other was an order'?

Because...what? The descriptive prose in how it was reported? Pull your head out of your ass.

You first :grin:

http://ct.politicomments.com/ol/pc/sw/i57/5/10/25/f_9bfbd15982.jpg

MisterVeritis
01-07-2017, 10:57 AM
They will no longer be employed. They will no longer have access to the building beyond what a citizen abroad has. Relax. They will comply.

Bo-4
01-07-2017, 11:02 AM
Just for you Trumpkin DEMANDO'S ;)

WASHINGTON — President-elect Donald J. Trump (http://www.nytimes.com/topic/person/donald-trump?inline=nyt-per)’s transition staff has issued a blanket edict requiring politically appointed ambassadors to leave their overseas posts by Inauguration Day, according to several American diplomats familiar with the plan, breaking with decades of precedent by declining to provide even the briefest of grace periods.

The mandate — issued “without exceptions,” according to a terse State Department cable sent on Dec. 23, diplomats who saw it said — threatens to leave the United States without Senate-confirmed envoys for months in critical nations like Germany, Canada and Britain. In the past, administrations of both parties have often granted extensions on a case-by-case basis to allow a handful of ambassadors, particularly those with school-age children, to remain in place for weeks or months.

http://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/05/us/politics/trump-ambassadors.html

MisterVeritis
01-07-2017, 11:04 AM
WASHINGTON — President-elect Donald J. Trump (http://www.nytimes.com/topic/person/donald-trump?inline=nyt-per)’s transition staff has issued a blanket edict requiring politically appointed ambassadors to leave their overseas posts by Inauguration Day, according to several American diplomats familiar with the plan, breaking with decades of precedent by declining to provide even the briefest of grace periods.
The mandate — issued “without exceptions,” according to a terse State Department cable sent on Dec. 23, diplomats who saw it said — threatens to leave the United States without Senate-confirmed envoys for months in critical nations like Germany, Canada and Britain. In the past, administrations of both parties have often granted extensions on a case-by-case basis to allow a handful of ambassadors, particularly those with school-age children, to remain in place for weeks or months.
It sounds like they were all fired. Buh-bye!

resister

Good, remove the stooges.

MisterVeritis
Good, remove the stooges.
Obama campaign contribution bundlers.

Subdermal
01-07-2017, 11:13 AM
You first :grin:

http://ct.politicomments.com/ol/pc/sw/i57/5/10/25/f_9bfbd15982.jpg

There's our Bo. Mynah bird until the end. A follower; not an original bone in his body. Copy more of what I say and do, Bo - eventually you may be onto something.

Bo-4
01-07-2017, 11:16 AM
I'm going to have to give you all F's for pretending that decades of precedent weren't violated in a dangerous manner by your new authoritarian God.

Sorry - i just proved that Obama didn't handle it in this manner and neither did Clinton or GWB.

MisterVeritis
01-07-2017, 11:19 AM
I'm going to have to give you all F's for pretending that decades of precedent weren't violated in a dangerous manner by your new authoritarian God.
Sorry - i just proved that Obama didn't handle it in this manner and neither did Clinton or GWB.
Any kook could have written this screed.

Subdermal
01-07-2017, 11:19 AM

Sure you did.

Poor little desperate Bo.

hanger4
01-07-2017, 11:50 AM

There is no decades worth of precedent, Obama did the same thing in 08 as my WaPo link showed. This c&p from your recent link;

"according to several American diplomats familiar with the plan, breaking with decades of precedent by declining to provide even the briefest of grace periods."

is utter BS. Every, and I mean every damn political appointee knows when/if the party changes in Nov. his/her grace period has just begun. It is total and complete partisan nonsense to think otherwise.

Bo-4
01-07-2017, 11:56 AM
There is no decades worth of precedent, Obama did the same thing in 08 as my WaPo link showed. This c&p from your recent link;

"according to several American diplomats familiar with the plan, breaking with decades of precedent by declining to provide even the briefest of grace periods."

is utter BS. Every, and I mean every damn political appointee knows when/if the party changes in Nov. his/her grace period has just begun. It is total and complete partisan nonsense to think otherwise.

Clinton didn't do this to Poppy's Ambassadors, GWB didn't do this to Clinton's Ambassadors and Obama didn't do this to GWB's Ambassadors.

THIS my friend is new - and the wording was beyond rude.

Diplomats told New York Times the order has thrown their personal lives into a tailspin, leaving them scrambling to secure living arrangements and acquire visas allowing them to stay in their countries so their children can remain in school.

Captain Obvious
01-07-2017, 12:07 PM

When teh O'bama does it, it's a grace period. When Trump does it, it's breaking tradition.

Double standard card in play, as usual.

Captain Obvious
01-07-2017, 12:10 PM

Pass the midol around

Captain Obvious
01-07-2017, 12:11 PM
Clinton didn't do this to Poppy's Ambassadors, GWB didn't do this to Clinton's Ambassadors and Obama didn't do this to GWB's Ambassadors.

Diplomats told New York Times the order has thrown their personal lives into a tailspin, leaving them scrambling to secure living arrangements and acquire visas allowing them to stay in their countries so their children can remain in school.

If these cemenr heads didn't figure out that they were short timers in November then fuck 'em.

Trish
01-07-2017, 12:27 PM
I gotta agree with several posts. This is standard changing of the guard antics. In fact, it gives those under the outgoing political appointees a break to actually get some work done before the next political hack gets put into place.

A funny true story. This political appointee (PA) called in her staff one by one to tell them the news that she was leaving. When she told one of her direct reports (DR) that she was leaving the DR began to cry. The PA was so taken aback because they had never really gotten along. (There had been a history of the PA trying to circumvent the rules which caused the DR a lot of stress and extra work) Anyhow, after the meeting the DR went back to her office and called her friend to tell her. When she got to the part where she started to cry she told her friend that the PA actually thought the DR was sad that she was leaving but in truth they had actually been tears of joy not sadness. My friend still likes to tease me and we laugh to this day when I think about that meeting and the look on my PA's face when I reached for that tissue! hahahaha

Don
01-07-2017, 12:34 PM
I wouldn't mind having a do-over on a couple of things from my younger days.

Being 20 years younger would be nice but it would make me 46 with 9 more years to work until retirement. :shocked: :huh:

Don
01-07-2017, 12:40 PM
From what I read yesterday it seems Obama's ambassadors are appointed because they are big contributors to him and the dem party. Many of them have little to no knowledge about the countries they are assigned to. Some countries are big prizes and the biggest contributors get those. I'm confident that this practice has gone on with both parties for years (the establishment.) From what I read Trump wants to stop this "you rub my back and I'll rub yours" policy. It will be interesting to see who he will appoint to the foreign countries as American ambassadors.

Trish
01-07-2017, 01:06 PM
From what I read yesterday it seems Obama's ambassadors are appointed because they are big contributors to him and the dem party. Many of them have little to no knowledge about the countries they are assigned to. Some countries are big prizes and the biggest contributors get those. I'm confident that this practice has gone on with both parties for years (the establishment.) From what I read Trump wants to stop this "you rub my back and I'll rub yours" policy. It will be interesting to see who he will appoint to the foreign countries as American ambassadors.

This will be a monumental task if the intent is to eliminate the "back scratch" policy of politics. Based on what I've seen so far with the majority of people President Elect Trump has selected, I really don't have much faith in the back rubbing going away and quite frankly I'm not sure that it can. That's part of making deals. I'm not sure why it's become a dirty practice but it used to be how things were accomplished back in the day when our government actually worked for us. Now it's just reality t.v. and dirty laundry for everyone one to see. Rather depressing if you ask me.

hanger4
01-07-2017, 01:54 PM

Stop it Bo-4, you're making a fool of yourself, when Obama did it no complaints.

Bo-4
01-07-2017, 01:58 PM
Stop it Bo-4, you're making a fool of yourself, when Obama did it no complaints.

Sorry, but i have provided more than enough evidence that what Trump the Bully has done is NOTHING like what Clinton, GWB and Obama did.

Otherwise, find me evidence to the contrary - maybe a quote from someone who said any of them "threw their personal lives into a tailspin".

maineman
01-07-2017, 02:13 PM
I bet not as many as those who wish you were fifty years older.

hanger4
01-07-2017, 02:16 PM
Sorry, but i have provided more than enough evidence that what Trump the Bully has done is NOTHING like what Clinton, GWB and Obama did.

Otherwise, find me evidence to the contrary - maybe a quote from someone who said any of them "threw their personal lives into a tailspin".

I've already posted this once in this thread Bo-4,

"The incoming Obama administration has notified all politically-appointed ambassadors that they must vacate their posts as of Jan. 20, the day President-elect Barack Obama takes the oath of office, a State Department official said."

"Political ambassadors sometimes are permitted to stay on briefly during a new administration, but the sweeping nature of the directive suggests that Obama has little interest in retaining any of Bush's ambassadorial appointees."

Again Bo-4 whenever the WH party changes every damn political appointee knows their grace period started the day after the election. EVERYONE Bo-4, not a couple, not a few, but every damn one. Any whining by any appointee is partisan BS. They're an appointee, they know the score.

Subdermal
01-07-2017, 02:21 PM

He cannot stop. He's making a Bo of himself.

Tahuyaman
01-07-2017, 03:29 PM
I bet not as many as those who wish you were fifty years older.

Brilliant! My stalker is at it again.

NapRover
01-07-2017, 03:38 PM
Hopefully Trump will replace all the prosecutors too. No sense in having acorn wannabes left over in any kind of authority.

Don
01-07-2017, 03:46 PM
This will be a monumental task if the intent is to eliminate the "back scratch" policy of politics. Based on what I've seen so far with the majority of people President Elect Trump has selected, I really don't have much faith in the back rubbing going away and quite frankly I'm not sure that it can. That's part of making deals. I'm not sure why it's become a dirty practice but it used to be how things were accomplished back in the day when our government actually worked for us. Now it's just reality t.v. and dirty laundry for everyone one to see. Rather depressing if you ask me.

That's why I said "It will be interesting to see who he will appoint to the foreign countries as American ambassadors."

We'll have to wait and see what happens. If Trump turns out to be just another establishment liar like all the establishment liars of the past 30 or 40 years he will hear from us just as much as he will hear from the democrats who already hate him. He got elected because we're tired of being lied to.

Don
01-07-2017, 03:51 PM
Hopefully Trump will replace all the prosecutors too. No sense in having acorn wannabes left over in any kind of authority.

At least put together an information gathering committee to see if the people (judges and prosecutors) there now are partisan political hacks or people who respect the constitution and will base their agendas on what jurisdiction and authority it allows to them. Republican admins had their own hacks in these positions, I'm not coming down on just democrats. Its the establishment that ignores constitutional limits on the federal government.

Trish
01-07-2017, 03:54 PM
That's why I said "It will be interesting to see who he will appoint to the foreign countries as American ambassadors."
We'll have to wait and see what happens. If Trump turns out to be just another establishment liar like all the establishment liars of the past 30 or 40 years he will hear from us just as much as he will hear from the democrats who already hate him. He got elected because we're tired of being lied to.
Yes - we're on the same page. The last sentence not so much. No offense but President Elect Trump has been proven as holding his own when it comes to lying. In fact, he'd probably say he is the best liar ever (just joking). I can certainly understand why people would want to vote someone in that has not been a part of the mainstream political environment but I can't see the logic in voting for a liar because you're tired of being lied to. That seems like flawed logic. I mean no disrespect personally.

birddog
01-07-2017, 03:59 PM
Yes - we're on the same page. The last sentence not so much. No offense but President Elect Trump has been proven as holding his own when it comes to lying. In fact, he'd probably say he is the best liar ever (just joking). I can certainly understand why people would want to vote someone in that has not been a part of the mainstream political environment but I can't see the logic in voting for a liar because you're tired of being lied to. That seems like flawed logic. I mean no disrespect personally.

Anyone can be interpreted to be a liar, fortunately Trump is not a tenth the liar Obama or Hillary is!

Trish
01-07-2017, 04:03 PM
Anyone can be interpreted to be a liar, fortunately Trump is not a tenth the liar Obama or Hillary is!

True - but my comment was in response to the offered reason why some voted for President Elect Trump. Don did not say it was because Donald was not as big a liar as the current politicians. I was merely pointing out that if the logic was to vote out the liars then it was flawed since a liar was voted in.

birddog
01-07-2017, 04:12 PM
True - but my comment was in response to the offered reason why some voted for President Elect Trump. Don did not say it was because Donald was not as big a liar as the current politicians. I was merely pointing out that if the logic was to vote out the liars then it was flawed since a liar was voted in.

Interpretation is the key.

MMC
01-07-2017, 04:13 PM
As long as he chases out any of BO peep and Hillary's people.....then its good times. http://www.politicalwrinkles.com/images/smilies/michaelj.gif

Trish
01-07-2017, 04:18 PM
Interpretation is the key.
Birddog - a fact is a fact and on this point you will not win. Plus, I'm invoking my girl card which means I will nag you on this point ...........f o r e v e r ((smile))

Captain Obvious
01-07-2017, 04:24 PM

I wonder how many of them return to Oz... er, academia.

Tahuyaman
01-07-2017, 04:27 PM
Being 20 years younger would be nice but it would make me 46 with 9 more years to work until retirement. :shocked: :huh:

knowing what you know now one could retire earlier.

NapRover
01-07-2017, 10:25 PM
I wonder how many of them return to Oz... er, academia.
I'll bet they go back to aclu activism and other un-American missions.

Captain Obvious
01-07-2017, 10:28 PM
I'll bet they go back to aclu activism and other un-American missions.

Exactly.

They wouldn't survive in the public sector.

NapRover
01-07-2017, 10:31 PM
As long as he chases out any of BO peep and Hillary's people.....then its good times. http://www.politicalwrinkles.com/images/smilies/michaelj.gif
True, in fact I'd prefer citizens just drawn at random via a lottery over Obama/clintonites. At least there'd be a possibility of getting something right.

Cigar
01-07-2017, 10:34 PM
LMAO. Trump isn't wasting any time....Trump tells BO peeps People. Get out! :laugh:

Donald Trump’s team has ordered all politically appointed ambassadors serving in overseas posts to leave by Inauguration Day, according to a report in The New York Times (http://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/05/us/politics/trump-ambassadors.html?ref=politics&_r=1).

[The mandate — issued “without exceptions,” according to a terse State Department cable sent on Dec. 23, diplomats who saw it said — threatens to leave the United States without Senate-confirmed envoys for months in critical nations like Germany, Canada and Britain. In the past, administrations of both parties have often granted extensions on a case-by-case basis to allow a handful of ambassadors, particularly those with school-age children, to remain in place for weeks or months.]

Ronald E. Neumann, the president of the American Academy of Diplomacy, an association for former ambassadors and senior diplomats, said the order isn’t unreasonable although it is a bit surprising.

“When you have people out there whose only reason for being an ambassador is their political connection to the outgoing president of a different party, it’s pretty logical to say they should leave,” Neumann, a career Foreign Service officer, told the Times. “But I don’t recollect there was ever a guillotine in January where it was just, ‘Everybody out of the pool immediately.’”.....snip~

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/leahbarkoukis/2017/01/06/trump-orders-obamaappointed-ambassadors-to-resign-by-inauguration-n2267903

Immediately!!!!! http://www.politicalforum.com/images/smilies/icon_laughing.gif

:rollseyes: Yea that's really showing President Obama who's Boss ....

MisterVeritis
01-07-2017, 11:14 PM
Exactly.

They wouldn't survive in the public sector.
uh, private sector.

Captain Obvious
01-07-2017, 11:15 PM
uh, private sector.

uhh, yeah that

Don
01-08-2017, 12:39 AM
knowing what you know now one could retire earlier.

With that caveat I would gladly go back 20 years, hell make it 50! I'd own half the planet.

Tahuyaman
01-08-2017, 12:41 AM
With that caveat I would gladly go back 20 years, hell make it 50! I'd own half the planet.

not if I had anything to say about it.

TimeLord962
01-08-2017, 11:11 AM

Because he intends to select his own ambassadors? Are you delusional?

Archer0915
01-08-2017, 11:21 AM
Well we on the right have been bitching about Obama and his not so legit BS EO issues for years and we were told it is his prerogative... Now that the shoe is on the other foot there is a problem?