PDA

View Full Version : Trump opposition sets up blue-state Headquarters.

MMC
01-08-2017, 11:07 AM
California and New York emerge as centers of the Democratic resistance......

With the national Democratic Party in disarray, the outline of the Donald Trump resistance is taking shape far from Capitol Hill, with New York and California emerging as the East and West Coast headquarters of opposition to the incoming administration.

Officials and advocacy groups in the two Democratic strongholds are plotting how to use the power of state law enforcement agencies, municipal regulations, and regional bully pulpits, and they’re assembling a wide-ranging apparatus of political opposition that they hope will slow the Trump agenda.

In California, the state legislature has hiredformer U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder to serve as the tip of its legal spear as it prepares for an assault on Trump’s efforts to roll back Barack Obama’s government — a fight that will be led by longtime Congressman and House Democratic Caucus Chairman Xavier Becerra, who has returned to the state to serve as the equivalent of a wartime attorney general.

Trump’s home state of New York is likewise a hive of anti-Trump activity.

“We are independent, we have tremendous powers under the American federalist system,” he said. "The government of the United States was set up very much with the understanding that states were to be a protective layer, to protect overreach from the newly-created federal government.".....snip~

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/01/trump-opposition-california-new-york-233321

They are setting themselves up as the opposition.....kind of like the Syrian Rebels. Trump can outsmart them by replacing all those liberal and illiberal Judges on the lower Courts. Then go after the leftist Governor and Mayors.

Its like the Demos want to go to war without declaring War. Lets give them what they want.....then within 90 days. They can seek refugee status in Europe and Canada and whoever else will take them.

What do you think those on the Right can do......to make life miserable for these cowards?

gamewell45
01-08-2017, 11:23 AM

With the national Democratic Party in disarray, the outline of the Donald Trump resistance is taking shape far from Capitol Hill, with New York and California emerging as the East and West Coast headquarters of opposition to the incoming administration.

Officials and advocacy groups in the two Democratic strongholds are plotting how to use the power of state law enforcement agencies, municipal regulations, and regional bully pulpits, and they’re assembling a wide-ranging apparatus of political opposition that they hope will slow the Trump agenda.

In California, the state legislature has hiredformer U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder to serve as the tip of its legal spear as it prepares for an assault on Trump’s efforts to roll back Barack Obama’s government — a fight that will be led by longtime Congressman and House Democratic Caucus Chairman Xavier Becerra, who has returned to the state to serve as the equivalent of a wartime attorney general.

“We are independent, we have tremendous powers under the American federalist system,” he said. "The government of the United States was set up very much with the understanding that states were to be a protective layer, to protect overreach from the newly-created federal government.".....snip~

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/01/trump-opposition-california-new-york-233321

They are setting themselves up as the opposition.....kind of like the Syrian Rebels. Trump can outsmart them by replacing all those liberal and illiberal Judges on the lower Courts. Then go after the leftist Governor and Mayors.

Its like the Demos want to go to war without declaring War. Lets give them what they want.....then within 90 days. They can seek refugee status in Europe and Canada and whoever else will take them.

What do you think those on the Right can do......to make life miserable for these cowards?

Reading your post was like reading a novel; makes for good reading but unrealistic. Now back to reality; Trump and his administration will work with Democrats or nothing will get done.....like what's happened in the past 6 years. lol

Cigar
01-08-2017, 11:23 AM
Can't wait to see his Downtown Chcaigo Hedquarters

MMC
01-08-2017, 11:26 AM
Reading your post was like reading a novel; makes for good reading but unrealistic. Now back to reality; Trump and his administration will work with Democrats or nothing will get done.....like what's happened in the past 6 years. lol

Tell Politico that.....their the one pimping out the Leftness Opposition. Those officials and Advocacy groups that are plotting how to use the Power of the State. Now all of a sudden the leftness is about State Laws, (and pardon the play on words.) To Trump the Federal Government. :laugh:

MMC
01-08-2017, 11:28 AM

Eric Holders? Give it a break.....he is to scared to walk around Chicago.

Cigar
01-08-2017, 11:40 AM
Eric Holders? Give it a break.....he is to scared to walk around Chicago.

No Puzzy's allowed ... so I guess we won't see Trump's Office.

Not since he got his azz kicked out.

stjames1_53
01-08-2017, 11:49 AM
what a lie......

stjames1_53
01-08-2017, 11:50 AM

you claimed at one time to have videos and pics......I guess that was a lie, too

Cigar
01-08-2017, 11:52 AM
you claimed at one time to have videos and pics......I guess that was a lie, too
Wait, she told me she wouldn't tell you. :huh:

MMC
01-08-2017, 11:52 AM

This isn't about Trump.....this is about your kind taking the Title of Opposition and setting up HQs in California and NY.....like the Syrian Rebels did in Syria.

They left out Chicago since they knows its about larceny and corruption. So they didn't want their opposition to be pulled down so quickly.

NapRover
01-08-2017, 11:54 AM
Funeral homes are probably the fastest growing industry there, maybe he'll buy some.

Green Arrow
01-08-2017, 12:26 PM
It's disappointing to see conservatives embrace tyranny.

MMC
01-08-2017, 12:52 PM
Its disappointing to see the leftness fall off into radicalization.....like Sunni Syrian rebels did. Becoming illiberals and falling off into the classification of the Unhinged.

The Blue dog Democrats don't deserve such a fate.

birddog
01-08-2017, 03:20 PM
To be a liberal is to be far separated from the truth, they can't help themselves. Also, the whiney "female dogs" continue to be sore losers!

They are like a bunch of cockroaches who have the light of truth shone on them! :grin:

MMC
01-08-2017, 04:01 PM
We need to do like they did.....hurt their states financially.

Cigar
01-08-2017, 04:04 PM
Funeral homes are probably the fastest growing industry there, maybe he'll buy some.

Everyone's doing to die ... I don't see a problem with The Free market, do you?

Grizz
01-08-2017, 04:34 PM
It's disappointing to see conservatives embrace tyranny.

Projection.

NapRover
01-08-2017, 04:47 PM
Everyone's doing to die ... I don't see a problem with The Free market, do you?

Except up in your town, they die in OK Corral shootouts every day. In my town, it's old age that gets most of us. Is that fair?

Green Arrow
01-08-2017, 04:59 PM
Projection.

Not really. I'm generally opposed.

Subdermal
01-08-2017, 06:32 PM
Projection.

Not projection. Imagination. Conservatives have done nothing but read.

Crepitus
01-08-2017, 08:15 PM

Aren't you one of the guys who's always itching about how the federal government has taken too much power from the states?

You should be cheering, not jeering.

texan
01-08-2017, 09:49 PM

LOL they are about 6 months too late.

MMC
01-09-2017, 06:56 AM
Aren't you one of the guys who's always itching about how the federal government has taken too much power from the states?

And you show you actually believe them.....as soon as they get control of the Fed. Then they will forget about State Rights as any pressing issue.

MMC
01-09-2017, 06:58 AM
LOL they are about 6 months too late.

Sun Tzu.....know thy enemy well. And that's what they are.....an enemy to all decent people. Now is the time.....wherein all should be doing whatever they can to destroy their party.

There is no need to wait on them to become further radicalized.

Crepitus
01-09-2017, 07:22 AM
And you show you actually believe them.....as soon as they get control of the Fed. Then they will forget about State Rights as any pressing issue.

Ah, so states taking back power is only good if they are republican states then?

MMC
01-09-2017, 07:31 AM
Ah, so states taking back power is only good if they are republican states then?

False equivalency.....since you cant take in that they don't believe in it. Even proving by words and actions and increasing the powers of the Fed. Each and every time they have gained power.

Already you fall for that BS about they are setting themselves up as the Resistance. The resistance to what? The Opposition to what?

That they are resisting the Will of the People? Opposing the majority of the country? Sounds like words that lead to War.

stjames1_53
01-09-2017, 07:34 AM
False equivalency.....since you cant take in that they don't believe in it. Even proving by words and actions and increasing the powers of the Fed. Each and every time they have gained power.

Already you fall for that BS about they are setting themselves up as the Resistance. The resistance to what? The Opposition to what?

That they are resisting the Will of the People? Opposing the majority of the country? Sounds like words that lead to War.

some of them didn't have a problem with Obama using a pen and a phone.............NOW they have a problem with it

Crepitus
01-09-2017, 07:40 AM

So that's a "yes" then.

Hypocrisy can be fun!

MMC
01-09-2017, 07:44 AM
So that's a "yes" then.

Hypocrisy can be fun!

Back to assuming shit again.....typical leftness weakness. We aren't talking about Repubs doing it. We are talking about your kind of people.

The kind that most people want to see suffer miserably until they are gone.

Crepitus
01-09-2017, 07:46 AM
Back to assuming shit again.....typical leftness weakness. We aren't talking about Repubs doing it. We are talking about your kind of people.

The kind that most people want to see suffer miserably until they are gone.

Denial can too!

MMC
01-09-2017, 07:50 AM
Denial can too!

Denial.....tell you what go start a thread on the Repubs doing it. I can add when Bush Jr expanding the powers of the Fed. Who I hammered over it.

As usual.....you have no clue as to what your trying to project onto others. As well as still cant figure out.....this thread is about your kind of people. Democrats and the leftness.

Those calling themselves the resistance and the opposition. Just like the Syrian Rebels did.

Crepitus
01-09-2017, 08:21 AM
Denial.....tell you what go start a thread on the Repubs doing it. I can add when Bush Jr expanding the powers of the Fed. Who I hammered over it.

As usual.....you have no clue as to what your trying to project onto others. As well as still cant figure out.....this thread is about your kind of people. Democrats and the leftness.

Those calling themselves the resistance and the opposition. Just like the Syrian Rebels did.

You aren't the sharpest knife in the drawer are you?

Do you even know what hypocrisy is?

Ethereal
01-09-2017, 08:27 AM
I look forward to this resistance's newfound interest in civil liberties, peace, and government transparency, because they sure as hell didn't seem interested when Obama was president.

MMC
01-09-2017, 08:30 AM

Do you even know what hypocrisy is?

What part about you going to start a thread on the Repubs expansion of the Fed didn't you get. I told you I would hit it up.

Looks like you don't know what hypocrisy really is.....even when assuming and projecting shit.

Of course you aren't up on to much that is political or whats in the news. Which you finally admitted to.

ripmeister
01-09-2017, 12:18 PM
We need to do like they did.....hurt their states financially.
The problem with that approach is the blue states you want to hurt are contributors compared to all the red taker states, especially in the south.

MMC
01-09-2017, 02:02 PM
The problem with that approach is the blue states you want to hurt are contributors compared to all the red taker states, especially in the south.
So you're saying it will hurt them more. Good......very good.

MisterVeritis
01-09-2017, 02:06 PM
I believe California and New York should do all they can to prevent Trump from improving our economy, defending our borders, strengthening our military and simplifying our tax laws. It will increase the Republican majorities in the House and Senate in two years.

Grizz
01-09-2017, 04:02 PM

Cigar Careful, ciggy is a self proclaimed large tough black man who beats up white men for sport. He has 2 businesses, he is retiring in 5 years, he has two degrees, and played for the Cowboys. Yessirreee he is a regular bad ass. Ask him.

MisterVeritis
01-09-2017, 04:04 PM

Since "Kook Alert" is forbidden I wonder if "Dull Knife Alert" would be an acceptable alternative?

ripmeister
01-09-2017, 04:07 PM
So you're saying it will hurt them more. Good......very good.
No, those blue states are where things are getting done and would continue to get done but if you did have a material impact on that then all those red states would suffer even more as their fatted calf would be hurting.

Cigar
01-09-2017, 04:23 PM
@Cigar (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=294) Careful, ciggy is a self proclaimed large tough black man who beats up white men for sport. He has 2 businesses, he is retiring in 5 years, he has two degrees, and played for the Cowboys. Yessirreee he is a regular bad ass. Ask him.

Nope ... that's not the case .... I'm down to a solid 200 from a spongy 210, and I do all my Ass-Kicking on the Golf Course from April to October. Actually the Property Business is a family business with my brother and sister ... I'm more of a silent partner these days, looking to divest. The only family member to play for the Cowboys was Anthony Spencer.

... BTW, I have tree degrees :wink: Bachelors Physics, BSE and MSCIS

MMC
01-09-2017, 06:13 PM
No, those blue states are where things are getting done and would continue to get done but if you did have a material impact on that then all those red states would suffer even more as their fatted calf would be hurting.

Getting things done like transgendered bathroom laws isn't getting things done. Nor is putting a tax on big gulps But hey tricking the sheep is what they do.

MMC
01-09-2017, 06:18 PM
Nope ... that's not the case .... I'm down to a solid 200 from a spongy 210, and I do all my Ass-Kicking on the Golf Course from April to October. Actually the Property Business is a family business with my brother and sister ... I'm more of a silent partner these days, looking to divest. The only family member to play for the Cowboys was Anthony Spencer.

That don't mean nothing when your missing one of the keys of life.....common sense. But there is good news, there are all kinds of books for you to read up on it. Give it a try as you need the help.

resister
01-09-2017, 06:23 PM
... BTW, I have tree degrees :wink: Bachelors Physics, BSE and MSCISWhat about arborist, apparently you study "trees"as well.

MMC
01-09-2017, 06:39 PM
What about arborist, apparently you study "trees"as well.
Weeping willows, huh? :wink:

Grizz
01-09-2017, 07:36 PM

Yessirreee, a new "story" every day

Crepitus
01-09-2017, 08:52 PM
I believe California and New York should do all they can to prevent Trump from improving our economy, defending our borders, strengthening our military and simplifying our tax laws. It will increase the Republican majorities in the House and Senate in two years.

Why not? Worked like a charm for republicans.

Crepitus
01-09-2017, 08:54 PM
Since "Kook Alert" is forbidden I wonder if "Dull Knife Alert" would be an acceptable alternative?

I think it would depend on if you are capable of enough original thought to come up with some variations on the theme.

Yea,,,, you should probably steer clear of it.

stjames1_53
01-10-2017, 06:00 AM

uh, huh.................. and yet you don't have a job, unless you're going to claim that you work for the government. Are you a spy? That would explain that you spend so much time in here......

MMC
01-10-2017, 07:09 AM
uh, huh.................. and yet you don't have a job, unless you're going to claim that you work for the government. Are you a spy? That would explain that you spend so much time in here......
A Demo spy.....is that like, lets try this and see if it works? :laugh:

stjames1_53
01-10-2017, 07:23 AM
A Demo spy.....is that like, lets try this and see if it works? :laugh:

shame on you!!! now yer chummin' the bottom feeders lmao

MisterVeritis
01-10-2017, 08:13 AM
Crep: You aren't the sharpest knife in the drawer are you?
Me: Since "Kook Alert" is forbidden I wonder if "Dull Knife Alert" would be an acceptable alternative?

I think it would depend on if you are capable of enough original thought to come up with some variations on the theme.
Yea,,,, you should probably steer clear of it.
It appears you get a pass. Maybe I will use your formulation even though mine was succinct and clear.